Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's raining here, so I'm thinking the neighborhood pyros will have a pretty hard time blowing up anything. :D Except maybe their houses, if they're so pyro they can't resist setting something alight, INDOORS. :facepalm:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not blowing up anything here! I'm looking forward to a quiet evening with some crab fettuccine and a small bottle of Prosecco with it. Fresh, warm French bread with butter will complete the meal. Select movies until midnight when I flip over to watch the ball drop. Yep! I'm boring! Very, very boring! :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not blowing up anything here! I'm looking forward to a quiet evening with some crab fettuccine and a small bottle of Prosecco with it. Fresh, warm French bread with butter will complete the meal. Select movies until midnight when I flip over to watch the ball drop. Yep! I'm boring! Very, very boring! :giggle:

We are too. Ain't it great?!? :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We'll be doing our grocerying today, so I'm hoping the rain stays a drizzle and not a downpour. So tonight I'll probably just nuke some freezer food. Got some lean ground beef thawing in the fridge for Monday night; not sure about tomorrow. Maybe I'll cook a big pot of bean soup or something. Good food for chilly rainy weather.

Andria

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Happy New Year folks.

My extravagant evening consists of a six pack of beer(hopefully my last), cabbage soup with bacon and cheese bread, and binging the last season and a half of Breaking Bad with some spurts of playing Skyrim. Maybe even get to start Better Call Saul, all while dehydrating home made carribean style jerky and sweet potato dog treats.

Call the party police shits about to get wild....:giggle:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy New Year folks.

My extravagant evening consists of a six pack of beer(hopefully my last), cabbage soup with bacon and cheese bread, and binging the last season and a half of Breaking Bad with some spurts of playing Skyrim. Maybe even get to start Better Call Saul, all while dehydrating home made carribean style jerky and sweet potato dog treats.

Call the party police shits about to get wild....:giggle:
I know right? Aren't we a WILD bunch! :teehee:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To my VU family:wave:<3
Happy-New-Year-2017-in-Advance-sms-images.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Me too until I come here and you talk about Goons. :kickbutt:

Funny - didn't think I'd like the Goon at all.

Picked up a pre-squonkified one as vapocolypse insurance, in case I wanted to do crazy-big builds in the future.

Long story short - ended up investing in real ones and use them every single day. Outstanding squonk atties

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well... I had actually decided on open-faced chili dogs for tomorrow... got the can of chili... and forgot the fucking hot dogs! :facepalm:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got another Goon today. And a package of the FT filling screws aka Squonk screws.
They are not long enough for the goon. I had modified a 2.5 mm FDV pin and had it ready though.

I too got a new Goon today.I too discovered the FT capillary screws did not fit properly yet the FDV pins did. The oddest thing in this, I don't recall ordering another Goon. :huh: My thought is there's a secret gifting person afoot. *shrugs* "Hey, a free Goon, groovy!" :) TY secret gifting person. :) :hug:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soo... you'd rather they started smoking then, got a nice addiction going on... THEN start vaping. Gotcha. :facepalm:

What makes no sense at all is that you can't see that people might start vaping INSTEAD of smoking. Did any of us really have a good rational reason for starting to smoke? Highly doubtful. There aren't many good rational reasons for starting to vape either, IF one isn't a smoker already... EXCEPT that in a choice between the two, if they're going to start one or the other.... VAPING IS A FAR SANER AND SAFER CHOICE!

Andria
No

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Soo... you'd rather they started smoking then, got a nice addiction going on... THEN start vaping. Gotcha. :facepalm:

What makes no sense at all is that you can't see that people might start vaping INSTEAD of smoking. Did any of us really have a good rational reason for starting to smoke? Highly doubtful. There aren't many good rational reasons for starting to vape either, IF one isn't a smoker already... EXCEPT that in a choice between the two, if they're going to start one or the other.... VAPING IS A FAR SANER AND SAFER CHOICE!

Andria
I'll try to explain my stand on this to the best of my ability.By giving an example.

EXAMPLE
Let us say Bob has been a non-smoker all his life he is 35 years old he's never had a desire to smoke ever.Then 1 day he decides to try vaping.
END OF EXAMPLE.

That is the shit I don't understand.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Next time just give me a ring.
My chili is infamous.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

I have to VERY careful with anything that has ANY tomatoes in it; I have a very hard time digesting them, so bad that once it sent to me the emergency room. But I have no problem with Hormel chili, which is fortunate, because I really like it.

But tomorrow we gotta go get the hotdogs!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll try to explain my stand on this to the best of my ability.By giving an example.

EXAMPLE
Let us say Bob has been a non-smoker all his life he is 35 years old he's never had a desire to smoke ever.Then 1 day he decides to try vaping.
END OF EXAMPLE.

That is the shit I don't understand.

People decide to try all sorts of things. Luckily for Bob, there isn't much harmful about vaping... unless he carries the batteries around loose with his keys and coins, or decides to drink the ejuice -- and in the latter case, he'd just barf it up, so no great danger.

Now if Bob decided to try smoking at the age of 35... I'd just shake my head in sheer perplexity. But I wouldn't tell him he shouldn't; I'm not a control freak.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to VERY careful with anything that has ANY tomatoes in it; I have a very hard time digesting them, so bad that once it sent to me the emergency room. But I have no problem with Hormel chili, which is fortunate, because I really like it.

But tomorrow we gotta go get the hotdogs!

Andria
I don't use whole tomatoes in my chili.I use tomatoe paste

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People decide to try all sorts of things. Luckily for Bob, there isn't much harmful about vaping... unless he carries the batteries around loose with his keys and coins, or decides to drink the ejuice -- and in the latter case, he'd just barf it up, so no great danger.

Now if Bob decided to try smoking at the age of 35... I'd just shake my head in sheer perplexity. But I wouldn't tell him he shouldn't; I'm not a control freak.

Andria
Can we agree to disagree...Cheers!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't use whole tomatoes in my chili.I use tomatoe paste

Tomato ANYTHING can put me in so much pain, I'd swear I grew another appendix and now it wants out as badly as the first one did. :giggle:

I did some reading up about it, and apparently those with very slow digestion (raising hand) can have issues with the acidity of tomatoes leading to MASSIVE and painful amounts of gas. When I eat pizza now, 1) I scrape most of the tomato sauce away, and 2) I take those "Beano" pills both before and after eating.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can we agree to disagree...Cheers!

I dunno. It seems very ANTZish to insist that vaping is a smokers-only club, that one must be addicted to cigarettes before one is allowed to vape. I think it's better to PREVENT smoking in the first place, than have to try and deal with it once the addiction is established.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno. It seems very ANTZish to insist that vaping is a smokers-only club, that one must be addicted to cigarettes before one is allowed to vape. I think it's better to PREVENT smoking in the first place, than have to try and deal with it once the addiction is established.

Andria
Not what I was trying to say at all...Just forget it hun.

VU Sponsors