ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Went into an actual B&M for the third time in my life right after Christmas.

Prices weren't too bad. The guy tried to sell me a dripbox, which I declined. Another dude in the shop ended up buying it.

Hi Dale :wave:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Apologies, I have to start avoid posting stream of consciousness posts. Everyone doesn't need to know my every thought. Sometimes I don't even want or need to know them. :)

my stream of conscious - certainly should not share, lol

something like this: I gotta pee but it will hurt my toe if I get up, but if I do get up I can get a snack, but if I get a snack it won't help me lose weight, dam, my friends ass got huge. vape ahhh, man, I really need to change the wick on this REO. Think I'll go to the bathroom now anyway , wow, the cat sure is cute sitting in that box. I really need to go to the bathroom. SQUONK - exhale, ah. Hmm, the cotton ain't that bad. I wonder if there are any cookies left in the cupboard. Sweet Jesus, I wonder what would happen if the next time the plane lands in town they opened the door and it turns out the plane was actually full of red koolaid and it came gushing out the door instead of passengers. Better go to the restroom now....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New Years ended up being a bust at my house but Christmas in Seattle was great. Even thought of you guys a time or two - especially @AndriaD View attachment 70583 :)

I appreciate that, surprising as it is that someone as insignificant as myself occupied any part of your thoughts during the holidays. :) Given the context, I hope it was at least amusing. ;)

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate that, surprising as it is that someone as insignificant as myself occupied any part of your thoughts during the holidays. :) Given the context, I hope it was at least amusing. ;)

Andria

Andrea dear - you are one of my favorite people I don't actually know, lol

Always loved your "tell Retarded 1 to eat a bag of dicks" crack emoji23.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My own holidays have been sad and empty, which I suppose was only to be expected.

I've also returned to stressing over money, and apparently the couple years of not doing that have not impeded my ability to remember how.

We got a new truck: $70/mo more.
Our taxes and insurance on the house went up, so our escrow is in arrears, meaning a higher mortgage payment: $90/mo more.
We're no longer doing housework at my folks' house; without my mom's social security coming in, my stepfather has his own financial worries: $75/mo less income.

That works out to a net loss in the monthly budget of $235. Our mixed-media bill went down since we abandoned Comcast, so we're now paying about $115 less for TV/phone/internet. So it finally comes to a net loss of $120/mo. I guess that's doable, but until I actually live it and pay the bills for the new budget for several months, I'll be nervous and stressed. It's been so nice, not having to be nervous and stressed for the last couple years, but I've lived thru a whole lot worse; I reckon we'll manage. It makes me glad all over again to be free of cigarette-slavery; if I was still having to pay $175-$200/mo for smokes, I'd REALLY be stressed.

Andria

ETA: one other expenditure, in the wake of my mom's death: gasoline. She let us keep her BP card, way back when we first moved here, to help us get things back on track. We had gotten to the point that the only time we actually needed to use it was if we were heading to their house, 45 mins away, but it was always there as a backstop, in case we needed it. So now we're paying for 100% of our gas; with our abode so close to my husband's work and to pretty much all the stores we regularly patronize, it's not a huge amount... but the lack of backstop feels scary.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My own holidays have been sad and empty, which I suppose was only to be expected.

I've also returned to stressing over money, and apparently the couple years of not doing that have not impeded my ability to remember how.

We got a new truck: $70/mo more.
Our taxes and insurance on the house went up, so our escrow is in arrears, meaning a higher mortgage payment: $90/mo more.
We're no longer doing housework at my folks' house; without my mom's social security coming in, my stepfather has his own financial worries: $75/mo less income.

That works out to a net loss in the monthly budget of $235. Our mixed-media bill went down since we abandoned Comcast, so we're now paying about $115 less for TV/phone/internet. So it finally comes to a net loss of $120/mo. I guess that's doable, but until I actually live it and pay the bills for the new budget for several months, I'll be nervous and stressed. It's been so nice, not having to be nervous and stressed for the last couple years, but I've lived thru a whole lot worse; I reckon we'll manage. It makes me glad all over again to be free of cigarette-slavery; if I was still having to pay $175-$200/mo for smokes, I'd REALLY be stressed.

Andria

I can totally relate with it all. My grandfather (who I thought was my father until I learned the truth years later) died five days before Christmas, 1997. 100% devastated and Christmas was never the same.

As for money problems, boy, don't get me started

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Suppose that's a lot of my concern too, money and what lacking it cannot at present afford us. I am having a great deal of trouble as well in trying to get myself knuckled under as is said to actually doing something. I have done so many different things in life already and return to the expression, 'do what you love' as work. Well, I love my wife, love my boyfriend although he is moving on a bit, which is fine. I love them but not sure I have ever really loved anything doing as far as work.

I enjoyed collating mail and helping do up print job orders in the mail room at the protected work place. I had no problem in doing that, it was read the letter salutation, match to the envelope, stuff, seal and put into appropriate tray. Yes, odd as it sounds my multitasking and zipping around mind loved the tranquility of stuffing envelopes. The only real way to botch it up was to not pay attention to the task at hand. It gave me focus. :)

Difficult finding such a job now. That job also let me bundle magazines using a 'stripper' bailing machine. I would load mail sacks allegedly no more than 40 lbs, most weighed over 70lbs *chuckles*. The sacks I would then put into rolling 'cages' for the mailman to pick up the next morning. I would also do some basic data entry in things, work what they called the mangler, the letter and materials folder. They even had a stuffing machine I could run once in a while, we had to be behind for that, or have it okayed by the client.

I liked that work. It was not stressful. There was only 1 supervisor who basically ran around gathering up jobs from clients, stopped in every once in a blue moon and spot checked us a little. He was really sweet too and mellow. If we had more than three errors in a day we had to go out of mail room for a week as punishment. I seldom ever even had one error a day. Joked with him that I could not read. He swore he was going to choke me. :)

Might need to look into some of these work from home 'schemes' involving such again. Might not make too much at them but at least it would be something coming in. Wife once fussed that such a job is pure tedium. Well, it might be for some of you folks what do those other jobs, the "big world" jobs. Some of us have done "big world" stuff long enough despite not really ever having been meant for it, we know the "big world' stuff is well, shitty too. Our "little world" jobs are more geared for us what see things different, or need to have more frequented exhaustion, get a drink, stretch, breathe breaks. "As long as it's getting done, gradual or like a jet, just get done it's okay." Think I need that very basic structure in my life again.

I once stopped to think, then forgot to start again. :) :giggle::teehee::facepalm: And that might be part of it. @Atchafalaya's :zombie::zombie::zombie: scared me into taking my brain out so i would not be easy :zombie:food, now i gots no brain left to do them big world jobs and put up with twenty or thirty big world job bosses all telling ya how to do it twenty different ways, none right.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
80c9dc3cc4c0f0d17bca2b182b489277.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Christmas - one of the best ever
New Year's - dull and joyless

How about you?
Christmas/Hanukkah was awesome.Wife managed to surprise me big time.How she managed to sneak a huge computer into our tiny frigging apartment and hook everything up all by herself is beyond me!
She also got me a pair of Lucchese Mahogany Kent's.HOLY FUCK!!!
New Year started off crappy some asshat broke our car window.But later that same day I found a $100 just laying on the sidewalk with not a soul in sight.And my TheSauceLA order showed up 2 days early and on a federal holiday!!!

dde9cd462e06205cf5015cd4b4fc9472.jpg

PS : Hope you year gets better @JuicyLucy

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Christmas/Hanukkah was awesome.Wife managed to surprise me big time.How she managed to sneak a huge computer into our tiny frigging apartment and hook everything up all by herself is beyond me!
She also got me a pair of Lucchese Mahogany Kent's.HOLY FUCK!!!
New Year started off crappy some asshat broke our car window.But later that same day I found a $100 just laying on the sidewalk with not a soul in sight.And my TheSauceLA order showed up 2 days early and on a federal holiday!!!

dde9cd462e06205cf5015cd4b4fc9472.jpg

PS : Hope you year gets better @JuicyLucy
NICE boots!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' gang. I know it's not really mornin', but after all these holidays and the mate underfoot, it was great to sleep in and not feel guilty about what absurd time I get breakfast on the table. :giggle:

I just realized that later this year, we'll have another little break in our budget. We got our ADT system in the summer of 2014, thx to the economy of vaping instead of smoking. We got such a fucking great deal from them on the hardware and installation (FREE!), we didn't mind signing the 3 yr exclusive contract -- so that $34.99/mo will be going down, late summer when we can go with EMC Security; I think their monitoring is like $16.95 or $18.95 a month, so right around half what we're paying now.

As I said, it's doable... but my fret & worry cells always appreciate a workout, even if the rest of me hates those cells with a fucking passion. I'm a miser, a skinflint, a tightwad, of the first order. And I haven't bought anything vapey since late July. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' gang. I know it's not really mornin', but after all these holidays and the mate underfoot, it was great to sleep in and not feel guilty about what absurd time I get breakfast on the table. :giggle:

I just realized that later this year, we'll have another little break in our budget. We got our ADT system in the summer of 2014, thx to the economy of vaping instead of smoking. We got such a fucking great deal from them on the hardware and installation (FREE!), we didn't mind signing the 3 yr exclusive contract -- so that $34.99/mo will be going down, late summer when we can go with EMC Security; I think their monitoring is like $16.95 or $18.95 a month, so right around half what we're paying now.

As I said, it's doable... but my fret & worry cells always appreciate a workout, even if the rest of me hates those cells with a fucking passion. I'm a miser, a skinflint, a tightwad, of the first order. And I haven't bought anything vapey since late July. :)

Andria
I have to be with you in 2017 Andria. Thanks to not working a few days during the holidays it seems that all my bills are hitting at one time. And due to a major "oh I can't believe I did that" moment during Christmas I'll be coming up short. I HAVE to tighten up the belt for the next 3 months.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to be with you in 2017 Andria. Thanks to not working a few days during the holidays it seems that all my bills are hitting at one time. And due to a major "oh I can't believe I did that" moment during Christmas I'll be coming up short. I HAVE to tighten up the belt for the next 3 months.

January is always terrible for us, because his company gives so many holidays from xmas to New Years -- he got both Friday and Monday off, for both! And they don't pay for both days; only for 1, though this year they said they would be paying a half day for the first Friday, the one before xmas eve.

And we have our first bigger-than-usual truck payment due from the mid-month check. Fortunately, we have our auto insurance setup extremely well; we're on the "6 months and only pay for the first 4 months" plan, which makes the 4 payments a little bigger than if we paid every month, but our off months are always in Jan/Feb (big gas bills) and July/Aug (big electric bills), so that will help a lot.

The bigger house payments.... if we go ahead and pre-pay that escrow shortage, then our house payments will only be about $37 higher instead of $90, so when we get our state income tax refund in Feb, we'll be pre-paying that shortage, so the only $90-higher payment we'll need to make will be Feb 1.

One thing that we did, that will help both of the higher payments, is that in Dec, when we didn't have to make a truck payment, we put $150 into savings, and I think I can prise $50 out of the most recent check too, so we'll have about $200 that we can dip into if we need to, to make up an extra $25-$50, on both payments, without it causing big mayhem in the budget. Obviously $200 isn't much, so we can't go crazy dipping into it, but it will help.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Clothes are a completely different thing for me most of my stuff comes from goodwill.

Most of my clothes are hand-me-downs from my clothes-horse aunt Betty. We're very similar in size, and she has excellent taste, and a penchant for buying clothes, constantly, whether she needs them or not. :D But I do sometimes have to spend some bucks on footwear, having a very odd size -- 9, which is pretty normal for a tall woman, but an A width, which is neither "medium" nor "narrow", but right in-between. Shoes that come in that odd width are hard to find, and almost always very expensive, if I can find them at all. Which is why I love tennis shoes -- they tie on the instep, so my slender foot isn't such a problem -- low ankle-straps (similar to MaryJanes, but higher on the foot, low on the ankle) -- ditto, they stay on because of the strap -- or boots.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My main drivers are a 72 Ford F100 shortbed and a 2001 Blazer 4wd.
Both work fine and the Blazer looks nice. The 72 is a bit rough around the edges.
I am also fixing up a 64 Ranchero and and a 64 econoline pickup. Bodies are great on both.
Replacing all hoses, redoing brakes, replacing shocks, gaskets, waterpumps, etc.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both work fine and the Blazer looks nice. The 72 is a bit rough around the edges.
I am also fixing up a 64 Ranchero and and a 64 econoline pickup. Bodies are great on both.
Replacing all hoses, redoing brakes, replacing shocks, gaskets, waterpumps, etc.
It's always fun rebuilding/fixing/tuning up older cars & trucks.Last time my wife and I went to Lake Tahoe I spied a 54 Hudson Hornet in damn near mint condition.Talked with the owner for damn near an hour.I would have loved to gotten my hands on that car but he just didn't want to sell.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Ooh, I used to have a Blazer. Loved it - wish they still made them

VU Sponsors