Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I come to this thread and the first thing I see is some woman's ass staring at me. Really VU? Catering to the men here are we? :giggle:

Since it appears Lynn is all about equity and opposing view points you know who to blame if I decide to offer more "fair and balanced" butt views in the near future in order to even things out. I wouldn't want to be accused to gender biass. :devil:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well you have always seemed to insist that prohibition was full on wrong. You further express distrust of the government in solving problems. This kind of ties the two aspects together in that it shows the government using prohibition to not solve a problem, at least not one the people saw as a problem, it does show though the gov using one problem to solve one they had. They could experiment and kill people by saying they had no right to help yet still maintaining the right to cause prohibition, ergo, black markets and the problem.

It's kind of along the lines of the vaping regs we've all here faced. A possibility of full on prohibition existed. It still may exist if some have their way. Then, we could wind up with a black market the same as was set up back when booze got prohibited. Figured that would catch your interest a bit along the lines of "see? History does repeat itself." Seems the fascist scum lack ingenuity in the use of the Hegelian dialectic to 1. create problem, 2. stimulate reaction, 3. sell pre-made solution.

i guess when all you have are hammers for tools, every problem becomes a nail. *shrugs*

As for me, well, today I got a fair start upon setting up a mission. Will not discuss it much beyond the fact that it involves me completely re-framing a lot in order to create my own solutions. Got the mission underway today and will be working daily on it, even if only for a hour a day at a time. I will get to a better point. i've got that much secured. :)

Of course Prohibition was wrong, in every conceivable way. It is FAR outside the purview of the gov't to legislate morality when the thing being legislated causes no harm to others. They're right to forbid driving under the influence, because that can and does cause all sorts of harm to others, but to drink? None of their damned business, and I hold that the same is true of smoking tobacco and the other greener substance, as well as vaping: NOT THEIR BUSINESS TO GET INVOLVED, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. As for alcohol... while it's true that sometimes drinkers can cause all sorts of harm to their families via their addiction (I'm a survivor of those wars myself, so I do know), it's still more of a domestic issue than a gov't issue. There may be a time and place for the gov't to get involved -- such as outright spousal and child abuse/neglect -- but to condemn all drinking for everyone because roughly 10% of the population lose their minds when they drink is simply too much, a vast overreach.

Protecting us from ourselves is somewhat of a sticky wicket. I really don't think they have any right to do that to the extent that they attempt, but then there's things like mandatory motorcycle helmets and seatbelt laws, both of which do save lives, so I think it's just a very slippery slope, down which they seem determined to careen as fast as they possibly can. Maybe the helmet and seatbelt laws should instead be construed as protecting the terminally stupid from themselves, since going without either is in fact terminally stupid. Human bodies cannot withstand the g-forces resulting from high-velocity crashes, and those high-velocity crashes are all too common and even expectable, given human fallibility.

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course Prohibition was wrong, in every conceivable way. It is FAR outside the purview of the gov't to legislate morality when the thing being legislated causes no harm to others. They're right to forbid driving under the influence, because that can and does cause all sorts of harm to others, but to drink?
Technically drinking was not outlawed. What was banned was the production, importation, transportation and sale of alcohol. I know that's a little nit picky, but during Prohibition consuming alcohol was still legal (even if it was supposed to be impossible to obtain).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Technically drinking was not outlawed. What was banned was the production, importation, transportation and sale of alcohol. I know that's a little nit picky, but during Prohibition consuming alcohol was still legal (even if it was supposed to be impossible to obtain).

Kind of what the article was pointing out too. As a result of the restrictions a black market sprung to the fore. Well, then someone started pushing 'wood alcohol', trouble being it was not what it was 'advertised' as being. The government did get involved and in the production end, to make the booze lethal. Yet the government said "oh we can't stop this black market" when they in fact were the ones to have caused the black market, then took advantage of it to attempt putting forward a bit of a eugenics experiment. Of course, this was all done quite shadily save for some actual erm, journalists from Time who happened to go looking into the goings on and then did document it going on.

It was also during this time frame, late 1800s to early 1900s when Bayer Aspirin become available, without any instructions on its use other than it helped get rid of pain. That spurred what is now seen as being 'listed' officially as the Spanish Flu epidemic. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. Yes there was such a flu, yes it did kill some people. Aspirin though contributed more deaths and was readily passed out like candy. At the same time frame there was also a push to clean out the dim witted, the poor, the 'backwards', down trodden. They set up sterilization facilities, here in the U.S. during this all happening, it was the hay day of eugenics being started, no, not in Nazi Germany but in the U.S..

i apologize if this reads as crackpot for anyone. i have though been looking stuff up and concluding there was a lot of nastiness going on at the time, not all of it attributable to those who were blamed either. i'm not saying i know it all either, or that all my sources are correct or the gospel of objective truth. what i am saying is, is that a lot of nonsense has started making more sense to me lately when i look at some stuff with a different point of view. For example, kind of historically known now that the catholics killed cats in Europe knowing full well the cats ate the rats that carried fleas with Black Death. the catholic reasoning? cats were 'familiars' for witches and tools of the devil. more likely they too were experimenting with eugenics.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was by doctors prescription only.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Every bit as goofy as the laws surrounding that other smokable stuff. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it's actually a crime to be "stoned," but possessing even enough of that material to get that way once is at least a citable offense, and possession of larger quantities grows steadily more illegal. Simply ridiculous.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Mroning all! GFY!

monday-memes-mercury1.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mmph. Monday. They say the next 3 days will bring us the coldest weather we've had all winter, so my prediction is coming true, we'll have brown plum trees (I call 'em "popcorn trees" 'cause that's how they look, in flower!) and maybe brown dogwoods too. And of course we have to get this mess right on payday (wednesday) when I'm trying to get over this whatever-it-is that's wrong with me. :mad: I need that bratty kid pic of Atcha's.

GFYs, and give mother nature a bitchslap for me, ok?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@AndriaD, I hear you use a Achilles RDA. I'm looking for a tight draw MTL dripper and have heard this is a good one. Any other suggestion for an RDA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid not. It's one of the foremost tragedies I know of, that Achilles are no longer sold anywhere, not even clones. I'm not sure, but I suspect they might be bought in bulk, like a group buy, from one of those chinese outfits, but i don't have the first clue how to go about it. We can thank the fucking cloud chasers for putting good MtL hardware off the market. Nobody wants to sell it, because few want to buy it.

Andria

ETA; You might check out an original Magma. they're leaky bastards, but they have the next-tightest draw I know of. You can even make it tighter by inserting a 13ga blunt needle in the airholes on the deck and cutting them off with a dremel wheel. It doesn't make them any less leaky, but it does make the draw a little tighter than even the single-smallest hole setting.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm afraid not. It's one of the foremost tragedies I know of, that Achilles are no longer sold anywhere, not even clones. I'm not sure, but I suspect they might be bought in bulk, like a group buy, from one of those chinese outfits, but i don't have the first clue how to go about it. We can thank the fucking cloud chasers for putting good MtL hardware off the market. Nobody wants to sell it, because few want to buy it.

Andria
True but some of us direct Lung Inhaled Cigs and MTL just does not cut it.
I like a restricted lung hit.
15-30 watts depending on the atty.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

But most didn't smoke that way, that's why I'm so puzzled and infuriated by this cloud chasing shit.

And even so, there should be ONE good option for those of us who want to vape, rather than HUFF.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are still a few decent MTL tanks out there.

TANKS... not RDAs. Some of us wouldn't wipe our asses on tanks, they're too much damn trouble. And not at all suitable for high-gunk ejuice. But still and all, I don't know of a single MODERN MtL tank; the only good MtL tank is the Kayfun Lite Plus.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But most didn't smoke that way, that's why I'm so puzzled and infuriated by this cloud chasing shit.

And even so, there should be ONE good option for those of us who want to vape, rather than HUFF.

Andria

I donno Andria, I MTL smoked for many decades but I enjoy a good 30 to 50 watt vape with lost of air. Thats why I donno, donno if I would blame it all on cloud chasers. I just dont think many like a super tight vape like you do. Actually I dont know anyone who likes it as restricted as you tell us you do and demand is what fuels the market. If there isnt a big demand for an item, there wont be a lot being made to supply it.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I smoked for 30 years and I still don't get this idea of direct lung inhaling cigarettes. If you don't draw on the damned things first there ain't nothing to inhale into your lungs!!! It just seems like it has to be a two step process. (And I was a deep lung inhaler - after I "mouthed" it first.)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I donno Andria, I MTL smoked for many decades but I enjoy a good 30 to 50 watt vape with lost of air. Thats why I donno, donno if I would blame it all on cloud chasers. I just dont think many like a super tight vape like you do. Actually I dont know anyone who likes it as restricted as you tell us you do and demand is what fuels the market. If there isnt a big demand for an item, there wont be a lot being made to supply it.

Well, the guy was just in here asking about a tight-draw MtL RDA. I understand how the market works, and good god, look at all the options for cloud chasers... there should be at least ONE really great option for those who like a really tight draw and want it in an RDA for the ease and excellent flavor. It's simply not fair.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I smoked for 30 years and I still don't get this idea of direct lung inhaling cigarettes. If you don't draw on the damned things first there ain't nothing to inhale into your lungs!!! It just seems like it has to be a two step process. (And I was a deep lung inhaler - after I "mouthed" it first.)

Yep. And the other way... that's how you huff shit out of a paper bag for god's sake, or smoke that other stuff. It has nothing at all to do with how MOST folks smoked cigarettes.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have you tried the Avocado? I just played around with it and got a very tight draw by closing off the AF to a very small opening on both sides. It also comes with a ceramic block if you do want to run it single coil and shut off on side completely. I feel like many RDAs can be turned in to very good MTL drippers.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried the Avocado? I just played around with it and got a very tight draw by closing off the AF to a very small opening on both sides. It also comes with a ceramic block if you do want to run it single coil and shut off on side completely. I feel like many RDAs can be turned in to very good MTL drippers.
I think so too, just about every bottom fed RDA I own the airflow can be turned off completely.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's a tank, therefore not suitable for high-gunk ejuice. Causes too much juice wastage. Also from what i can tell, the airholes on the deck are MUCH too large, so it doesn't matter at all if the outer airflow can be shut off; it won't give a good tight draw with inner airholes that large. I proved this with the Achilles II I bought; it has a 2.5mm inner airhole, and NO tight draw at all, even if the outer airflow is nearly closed. The original Achilles' inner airhole is a smidge under 2mm.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's a tank, therefore not suitable for high-gunk ejuice. Causes too much juice wastage. Also from what i can tell, the airholes on the deck are MUCH too large, so it doesn't matter at all if the outer airflow can be shut off; it won't give a good tight draw with inner airholes that large. I proved this with the Achilles II I bought; it has a 2.5mm inner airhole, and NO tight draw at all, even if the outer airflow is nearly closed. The original Achilles' inner airhole is a smidge under 2mm.

Andria

Its an RDTA, not a tank, the tank is essentially just an oversized well underneath a drippers deck so its fine for high gunk juices. I literally just shut out the AF enough to get a tighter draw than the smallest AF setting on a nautilus.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here they are, side by side:

achilles-comparison.jpg

The original Achilles has a TERRIFIC tight draw, super-saturated flavor, and amazing TH. The Achilles II CANNOT be tightened to provide a really tight draw, so who cares about any of the rest of it.

I eventually got some blunt 12ga luer lock needles, and inserted one into the Achilles 2's inner airhole, to make the draw a little tighter, and it helps; it's not a bad vape. Unforunately they also changed the AFC from a bottom hex-key to a ring that you turn, and now the fucker LEAKS. The original NEVER leaks.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Its an RDTA, not a tank, the tank is essentially just an oversized well underneath a drippers deck so its fine for high gunk juices. I literally just shut out the AF enough to get a tighter draw than the smallest AF setting on a nautilus.

Because of that oversized tank under the deck, all the gunk will run down the wicks into the juice there, and cause wastage.

Andria

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Think of it more as dripping from underneath. You run the wick so it rests just above the opening of the tank part and then tilt it slightly to let the juice soak up into the wick and towards the coils. Honestly, I never liked any kind of tank and the only reason I like the avocado is because its way more dripper than tank. I get no wasted juice with it, no dry hits, its a great atty all around IMO.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been on a campaign to inspire my tool-crazy husband to acquire some metal-working tools... if he gets enough of the right sort, maybe he can make me an Achilles-clone clone. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Think of it more as dripping from underneath. You run the wick so it rests just above the opening of the tank part and then tilt it slightly to let the juice soak up into the wick and towards the coils. Honestly, I never liked any kind of tank and the only reason I like the avocado is because its way more dripper than tank. I get no wasted juice with it, no dry hits, its a great atty all around IMO.

But the inner airholes are HUGE. Not suitable at all.

Andria

ETA: I just clicked on one of the images of the Avocado.. it says it has 4x 4mm airholes! GOOD GOD! i can't even stand ONE 2.5mm inner airhole!!!!!!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you'd be surprised at how tight you can get the AF on it. Im not saying go out and buy one but there are options available.

With inner airholes like that, you CANNOT get a good MtL vape -- not even with ONE 2.5mm inner airhole. It's only when the inner airhole is 2mm or less that a really good tight draw is possible. Otherwise it's like trying to "smoke" an empty straw. No resistance in the draw WHATSOFUCKINGEVER.

Andria

ETA: Have you ever vaped a carto? THAT is the kind of draw I'm after, almost identical to drawing on a cigarette.

VU Sponsors