Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, I get it, you dont like large inner airholes. I disagree that they have any impact on the total air intake and therefore a great MTL vape is possible. I do MTL with a few drippers that can also be torn wide open for full on "cloud chasing". Its all personal preference and I have no intention of telling you how you should vape but I do have many different RDAs that are all capable of a very satisfying MTL vape.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
TBH Im not exactly sure if Andria prefers single or dual coil. Its more of a discussion surrounding airflow options on RDAs and RDTAs and whether or not they can provide a satisfying MTL vape.

Plettschner

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm afraid not. It's one of the foremost tragedies I know of, that Achilles are no longer sold anywhere, not even clones. I'm not sure, but I suspect they might be bought in bulk, like a group buy, from one of those chinese outfits, but i don't have the first clue how to go about it. We can thank the fucking cloud chasers for putting good MtL hardware off the market. Nobody wants to sell it, because few want to buy it.

Andria

ETA; You might check out an original Magma. they're leaky bastards, but they have the next-tightest draw I know of. You can even make it tighter by inserting a 13ga blunt needle in the airholes on the deck and cutting them off with a dremel wheel. It doesn't make them any less leaky, but it does make the draw a little tighter than even the single-smallest hole setting.

I looked at the Magma. Leaky you say, meh.

I've also been eyeballing the Hadaly, NarDA, Origen Little, Hobo v3.1, and Derringer. The Origen and Hadaly are at the top of my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plettschner

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TANKS... not RDAs. Some of us wouldn't wipe our asses on tanks, they're too much damn trouble. And not at all suitable for high-gunk ejuice. But still and all, I don't know of a single MODERN MtL tank; the only good MtL tank is the Kayfun Lite Plus.

Andria

Vika Fantasy clone from FT is a pretty badass MTL tank, but not rebuildable.

Doggystyle RTA can be used as a fairly tight MTL.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
TBH Im not exactly sure if Andria prefers single or dual coil. Its more of a discussion surrounding airflow options on RDAs and RDTAs and whether or not they can provide a satisfying MTL vape.

Well sure, but there's no point in suggesting dual coil setups - with dual air hole issues - if that's of no interest. (And Andria is kinda picky. lol)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For a good MTL vape the air hole blowing on the coil needs to be small.
MTL is done at low wattages typically 15 or less.

090914_Signals_promo.png

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For a good MTL vape the air hole blowing on the coil needs to be small.
MTL is done at low wattages typically 15 or less.

Yes exactly. You may lessen the airflow by tightening the outer airflow, but you won't have good SUCTION with a large inner airhole. I need to feel RESISTANCE in the draw, and I'm not talking about ohms!

Single coil for me, never ever dual. Too damn hot.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well sure, but there's no point in suggesting dual coil setups - with dual air hole issues - if that's of no interest. (And Andria is kinda picky. lol)

The Magma will actually accommodate either pretty well, only one I've ever seen that was really good for either. Because it's got that ring that offers just one hole, if you're running single-coil mode. Putting the 13ga needles into the inner airholes also helped that one a great deal.

And Andria is more than KINDA picky... Andria is the ESSENCE of picky. Because once you've vaped an Achilles, there is simply nothing as good.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to really enjoy my KFL+'s, but I had to go to an RDA when I started vaping this strawberry & cream; the gunk was causing way too much wastage. But now I'm so spoiled by the Achilles, I can't even use a KFL+ anymore, just no flavor -- except the cotton wick. Ick.

I used to enjoy cartos, had several nice cartotanks; PERFECT draw... but again, the gunk makes those unfeasible. I dunno if cartos are even made anymore.

Really the only thing that comes close at all, to the Achilles, is the Magma. But the leaking, and the need to keep it almost completely vertical at all times, makes it a very inconvenient vape. Good for tasting though; excellent flavor.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Couldn't one remove the chimney from a KFL+ V2, put a short little tank on it like one of those 25mm tall flat top bellcaps and use it as an RDA

I tried a modification of a KFL+, the Tiny Tank I won in ECF's 15mil post contest.... a KFL+ without a chimney is also without flavor. I ended up selling that to someone, who really liked it, though I have no earthly idea why.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sooo... I take it anything with o-rings is out. (Or "oot" as Darth might say. :teehee: )

Yes, I hate those bastards almost as bad as loose airy draw. I'm one of those people who struggles constantly with PACKAGING. It just doesn't like me. So threaded attys are the only kind I like.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, I hate those bastards almost as bad as loose airy draw. I'm one of those people who struggles constantly with PACKAGING. It just doesn't like me. So threaded attys are the only kind I like.

Andria

Ok, I just struck a half dozen suggestions off the list.

Lemme go see what's left at MadVapes...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I know there's a lotta love on VU for the Hadaly, but I don't know if the draw comes into that.

Andrea would HATE the Hadaly - but it's my current, A-1 favorite

But don't get the SXK clone - it sucks balls - and not in a good way, fellas.

I hear the ShenRay clone might be decent - I'm thinking about trying that one out and compare it to the real deal.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it's really funny how my vaping style has changed in the past 2 and a half years. When I started vaping, I liked a tight almost non existent airflow. Now, I like an almost wide open airflow. When I try to use tanks that I used to use before, namely the mini nautiluses, the airflow reminds me a trying to suck a McDonald's milkshake through a coffee stirrer. :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally broke down and called the doc today. Had a fever this AM, took some ibu, woke sweaty, and now don't feel too bad... but today is the 10th day I've run a fever, and apparently anything over a week is cause to see a doc. Damn it all to hell and back.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind that my setups don't mimic smoking anymore.....I don't want to be reminded of cigarettes. I LIKE that it has evolved into something completely different.

Well, vaping is already completely different from smoking. But the sensation of suction, and then the sensation of TH... those are 2 factors that I find absolutely indispensable. Without them, I would be completely unsatisfied with vaping as a substitute for smoking. And even though I don't vape nearly as often as I did at first (so says my husband, though it's hard for me to objectively know - he says my frequency of vaping is FAR!!! less than at first or even the first 6 months), it is still very much a substitute; though it's been over 2 and a half yrs, though I've been off WTA for a year, and have been at 3mg nic for quite a few months now... if I didn't vape, or if I wasn't satisfied with my vape, I would most definitely go back to smoking, no question about it. After smoking for 3/4ths of my entire life, I'm pretty sure my emotional need for it, or something quite like it, will never leave me.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, vaping is already completely different from smoking. But the sensation of suction, and then the sensation of TH... those are 2 factors that I find absolutely indispensable. Without them, I would be completely unsatisfied with vaping as a substitute for smoking. And even though I don't vape nearly as often as I did at first (so says my husband, though it's hard for me to objectively know - he says my frequency of vaping is FAR!!! less than at first or even the first 6 months), it is still very much a substitute; though it's been over 2 and a half yrs, though I've been off WTA for a year, and have been at 3mg nic for quite a few months now... if I didn't vape, or if I wasn't satisfied with my vape, I would most definitely go back to smoking, no question about it. After smoking for 3/4ths of my entire life, I'm pretty sure my emotional need for it, or something quite like it, will never leave me.

Andria
One night last week I left my setup at home. I was half way to work before I realized it and it was too late to turn around and go back. I went 9 hours without vaping at all. Of course by the time I got home I was a bit cranky but I did survive mainly with Jolly Ranchers and staying away from the smokers. Now I know it's doable. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One night last week I left my setup at home. I was half way to work before I realized it and it was too late to turn around and go back. I went 9 hours without vaping at all. Of course by the time I got home I was a bit cranky but I did survive mainly with Jolly Ranchers and staying away from the smokers. Now I know it's doable. :)

I can make it thru an AA meeting (1 hr) without too much trouble, and I can sometimes go as much as 2 hrs if it's *really* necessary, though I become more and more uncomfortable... but anything beyond that, no way. I'd have turned that car around and gone back to get it, no question about it -- actually, I would never have left it; it's as indispensable to me as my asthma inhaler or drivers license. In fact, back when when we were xmas shopping, I was truly shocked to discover that I had forgotten to switch out my battery that morning, but thankfully our new truck has USB ports, I was using a mod that has a USB charge port, and I had a USB cable in the truck -- which now LIVES in the truck, though it was only there because my old phone used a standard USB to charge -- new phone uses USB-C, so I have one of those in the truck now too. :D

But it must be borne in mind that, back when this "no smoking anywhere" shit was first getting started, I've turned down JOBS because I couldn't smoke there. It was simply non-negotiable to me: I smoke; deal with it. I truly am one of those people that, if vaping had not come along, would have smoked till it killed me. I had ZERO plans to quit, EVER -- even though I really wanted to be a non-smoker for about 30 yrs, I could see no way to get there, as I had no desire to walk over hot coals for it. I was more surprised than ANYONE else, when vaping turned out to be a reasonable substitute.

Now, I vape, and I want the *sensation* to approximate smoking as closely as possible. Deal with it. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes much easier than not having cigs back when I smoked.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But it must be borne in mind that, back when this "no smoking anywhere" shit was first getting started, I've turned down JOBS because I couldn't smoke there. It was simply non-negotiable to me: I smoke; deal with it. I truly am one of those people that, if vaping had not come along, would have smoked till it killed me. I had ZERO plans to quit, EVER -- even though I really wanted to be a non-smoker for about 30 yrs, I could see no way to get there, as I had no desire to walk over hot coals for it. I was more surprised than ANYONE else, when vaping turned out to be a reasonable substitute.

That was/is me all over

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's. Glad to see @Atchafalaya made it to the party :)

40 damn degree's this morning and damn its cold. Went and did a sleep study last night where they made me where that fucked up mask. I dont see how anyone can sleep with that on their face. I had to cheat and take a Xanax just to be able to get any sleep and then kept waking up. Then when they said I could go I stepped outside in shorts and a light t shirt and wowzer it was cold. Took a few miles before the cars heater started blowing warm and the shaking stopped. And all night without a vape :(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been saving my pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters for almost 2 months and today I got to see where my money went. I was trying to save for a Pico resin mod but lost all desire for one so I ordered this instead. Sweet little mod!

View attachment 76897

It looks nice Lynn. What is it? Wanted to say Pico but all the ones I have dont have the readout on the side.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fugee's. Glad to see @Atchafalaya made it to the party :)

40 damn degree's this morning and damn its cold. Went and did a sleep study last night where they made me where that fucked up mask. I dont see how anyone can sleep with that on their face. I had to cheat and take a Xanax just to be able to get any sleep and then kept waking up. Then when they said I could go I stepped outside in shorts and a light t shirt and wowzer it was cold. Took a few miles before the cars heater started blowing warm and the shaking stopped. And all night without a vape :(
It's 23 degrees here right now with a wind chill of 10 degrees. I want late spring back!! :gaah:

VU Sponsors