Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
At least you had a happy ending

I didn't know those were available at Walmart these days.

You can't find happy endings at Walmart??? :devil:

people_of_walmart_12.jpg

people-of-walmart04.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

people-walmart-35.jpg

Roger that - no happy endings at Walmart. :eek:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree with Lucy, Chop.

Can understand how medications can screw a person over. On high blood pressure medicine and it always feels like I have 'governors' on. I move too quick, go too hard wind up feeling all woozy and sick with 'dumb dumb' headaches. Of course, suppose I ought to be thankful that keeps me from having a stroke. I have to consider my bp med has remained the highest dose from the start. *chuckles* Gee cannot imagine having had a bp of 220 over 60 at the time it was first scripted had anything at all to do with it. And i had only rebuilt 30 wooden apple transpo bins in an 8 hr day that day, with no air tools.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is a new nickname for Mr Juicy: Guzzles

View attachment 76649

He and my Mr must be related: he used to slam a pitcher of beer in the time it took his fellow beer-slammers to drain their mugs. :giggle:

Lynn, your spelling of "Waze" is actually the same for the Android version, I'm just a doofus. :D I was reading their how-tos to try and figure out more about the app, it's just so damn cool. And neat, and nifty, and keen, and all that shit. :giggle:

Thx to this travesty called Daylight Savings Time, it's now quarter to 4, so it's a damn good thing I had a nap when we returned from our Atlanna perambulations, or I might be tired. :D Actually I am a bit tired, which I think is mostly thx to whatever this crud is that's been afflicting me all week. I may not be coughing too much, thank you vaping, but my head has been KILLING me all damn day, and I'm worried that it's turning into a secondary sinus infection which would mean another $300 visit to the motherfucking doctor. AAARGHHHHH!!!!! And bigass horsepills to take. :headbang:

C'est la vie.
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But isn't this one wearing a sort-of muumuu?

people_of_walmart_12.jpg

Ok, so maybe it's too small - and upside down - but at least she gets a C- for muumuu effort.

And an F for self-respect.

At least she's covered up enough to not have to view the rolls of fat on her carcass, so I'd give her an A for that effort, and yeah, an F for self-respect and ability to (thank you Sam Kinnison) PUSH BACK FROM THE TABLE!!!!!!!!

I completely get that losing weight is hard. Since I got past my mid-40s, it's a horrible struggle and a frequent exercise in self-denial. The thing I will NEVER understand is, did these people never look into a mirror when they were 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, or 75 lbs overweight???? They had to get to 100 lbs morbidly obese before they fucking NOTICED??????????? And just who in the hell puts their socks on for them, or ties their shoes? Because it's for damn sure, they can't do it themselves. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I slept till my headache reminded me of the hangover days, at which point I HAD to get out of bed. Being vertical seems to help, and now and then I lean over and support my head in a face-down position, which does seem to help even more. Wish I had a massage table, I'd be sleeping on that!

But it's looking like I may have to bite that $300 bullet and hit the doc, but Wednesday is payday, so it'll have to be after that. I think I can continue living till later in the week.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Daaammmm - DST sucks ass

Plus, I woke up and thought it was Monday :crazy: and remembered a bunch of small details that didn't get done to prepare for the week - all for nothing o_O

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @AndriaD , I found an interesting tidbit of an article for you to look at a bit.

Scrubbed From Textbooks — The US Government’s National Experiment in Extermination

It lends a good bit more data based credibility to your point of view regarding prohibition, not that you exactly need any. I would eventually appreciate seeing a programmatic algorithm created to cull articles and bits of data via Hardoop, then have access to that database via grep and regex. Fairly sure from stuff my boyfriend 'didn't say' that such a monster does exist. We (general population) are only now scratching the surface as to implications of AI, well the gubmints they be at least four decades ahead of us. They actually got a version of Doctor Know, it's based in part of Watson from IBM. Gen pop will have similar but we'll have our version be more akin to Mr. Universe.

Well hope you can add this to your reference heap. :) "Look dumbass, I got documented proofs. Here you go. Read through all of that at that url. Then, if you can disprove any of it, give me your documented proofs."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like DST makes me feel 1 hour younger.

Ah, but you do realize that you are split into the Now you and Past you when we move to DST, and then split into the Now you and the Future you when we fall back out of DST? So what is the Now you telling the Past you in order to prepare for the future? Are you making perverse stock market gambles based upon an hour's acclimation of stock knowledge? Are you maybe preparing the Past you to avoid stubbing his toe, and then swatting the miller moth out of frustration ergo causing the decline of light the moth spreads? Just what doth your evil mind wrought?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, but you do realize that you are split into the Now you and Past you when we move to DST, and then split into the Now you and the Future you when we fall back out of DST? So what is the Now you telling the Past you in order to prepare for the future? Are you making perverse stock market gambles based upon an hour's acclimation of stock knowledge? Are you maybe preparing the Past you to avoid stubbing his toe, and then swatting the miller moth out of frustration ergo causing the decline of light the moth spreads? Just what doth your evil mind wrought?
My little mind is not evil. And time is irrelevant. Time is motion, stop all motion and you have no time.

The govt takes away 1 hour and then gives it back to us with no accrued interest!
We should get 7 hours back and that would eliminate Leap year.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey @AndriaD , I found an interesting tidbit of an article for you to look at a bit.

Scrubbed From Textbooks — The US Government’s National Experiment in Extermination

It lends a good bit more data based credibility to your point of view regarding prohibition, not that you exactly need any. I would eventually appreciate seeing a programmatic algorithm created to cull articles and bits of data via Hardoop, then have access to that database via grep and regex. Fairly sure from stuff my boyfriend 'didn't say' that such a monster does exist. We (general population) are only now scratching the surface as to implications of AI, well the gubmints they be at least four decades ahead of us. They actually got a version of Doctor Know, it's based in part of Watson from IBM. Gen pop will have similar but we'll have our version be more akin to Mr. Universe.

Well hope you can add this to your reference heap. :) "Look dumbass, I got documented proofs. Here you go. Read through all of that at that url. Then, if you can disprove any of it, give me your documented proofs."

Hmm... Well, I really wouldn't put ANYTHING past the asshats in DC (i.e., paraquat anyone?)... but I'm failing to grok why you thought I'd find this of particular interest. My grokking cells are much too close to my poor painful sinuses and hence are definitely not up to par at the moment. Explicate please?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I come to this thread and the first thing I see is some woman's ass staring at me. Really VU? Catering to the men here are we? :giggle:

Just one of the many reasons why I run Adblock Pro on both firefox and chrome. :D I've enjoyed the www a lot more since I got that extension. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... Well, I really wouldn't put ANYTHING past the asshats in DC (i.e., paraquat anyone?)... but I'm failing to grok why you thought I'd find this of particular interest. My grokking cells are much too close to my poor painful sinuses and hence are definitely not up to par at the moment. Explicate please?

Andria

Well you have always seemed to insist that prohibition was full on wrong. You further express distrust of the government in solving problems. This kind of ties the two aspects together in that it shows the government using prohibition to not solve a problem, at least not one the people saw as a problem, it does show though the gov using one problem to solve one they had. They could experiment and kill people by saying they had no right to help yet still maintaining the right to cause prohibition, ergo, black markets and the problem.

It's kind of along the lines of the vaping regs we've all here faced. A possibility of full on prohibition existed. It still may exist if some have their way. Then, we could wind up with a black market the same as was set up back when booze got prohibited. Figured that would catch your interest a bit along the lines of "see? History does repeat itself." Seems the fascist scum lack ingenuity in the use of the Hegelian dialectic to 1. create problem, 2. stimulate reaction, 3. sell pre-made solution.

i guess when all you have are hammers for tools, every problem becomes a nail. *shrugs*

As for me, well, today I got a fair start upon setting up a mission. Will not discuss it much beyond the fact that it involves me completely re-framing a lot in order to create my own solutions. Got the mission underway today and will be working daily on it, even if only for a hour a day at a time. I will get to a better point. i've got that much secured. :)

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Daaammmm - DST sucks ass

Plus, I woke up and thought it was Monday :crazy: and remembered a bunch of small details that didn't get done to prepare for the week - all for nothing o_O

I had one of those brain fart moments too. I heard them mention changing clocks on the radio Saturday morning and was: WTH? When did we start changing the clocks on the Sunday overnight? It's screwing with our heads now even before it happens.

I like DST makes me feel 1 hour younger.

Umm, Cromwell sweetie...

pzv5j7l.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one of those brain fart moments too. I heard them mention changing clocks on the radio Saturday morning and was: WTH? When did we start changing the clocks on the Sunday overnight? It's screwing with our heads now even before it happens.

Umm, Cromwell sweetie...

pzv5j7l.jpg
Of course it is not, time is the measure of motion/chamge. At least for all practical purposes on this planet.
Beyond that? Well Humanity is not ready for all the implications.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's. Yall know what ta do :D

Had a pleasant surprise today. After the flood we threw a bunch of stuff out the back door and a lot of it was just piled up out there. Today I went looking for something and moved aside a small cooler and it felt heavy so looked inside. Thing was full of large bottles of ejuice. Not just any juice but some store bought good juice and it is well steeped! One of them was a 240ml bottle of ITCVapes Strawberry shortcake. Busted out one of my Merlins cleaned it real well, fresh wick and gave it a try. Can damn near taste the strawberry seeds in it, it is that good!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's. Yall know what ta do :D

Had a pleasant surprise today. After the flood we threw a bunch of stuff out the back door and a lot of it was just piled up out there. Today I went looking for something and moved aside a small cooler and it felt heavy so looked inside. Thing was full of large bottles of ejuice. Not just any juice but some store bought good juice and it is well steeped! One of them was a 240ml bottle of ITCVapes Strawberry shortcake. Busted out one of my Merlins cleaned it real well, fresh wick and gave it a try. Can damn near taste the strawberry seeds in it, it is that good!

Score!

VU Sponsors