Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone here tried Real Flavors Super Concentrates? They got a deal going on right now if you want to try them. Go to their website, select 2 of the concentrates in the 1oz size for $6.95 each then use the code samplesc, select USPS for shipping(default is Fedex so make sure you select the USPS) and all you'll pay is shipping which is $4.11. The code can be used up to 3 times. So basically you're getting 6 1oz bottles for $12.33. Just make sure you get the $6.95, 1oz bottles.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone here tried Real Flavors Super Concentrates? They got a deal going on right now if you want to try them. Go to their website, select 2 of the concentrates in the 1oz size for $6.95 each then use the code samplesc, select USPS for shipping(default is Fedex so make sure you select the USPS) and all you'll pay is shipping which is $4.11. The code can be used up to 3 times. So basically you're getting 6 1oz bottles for $12.33. Just make sure you get the $6.95, 1oz bottles.
It's good stuff, Lynn....!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Interesting site - but who the fuck wants to vape fried chicken or a rhubarb?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, fortunately this is just nose/sinus mayhem, little bit of a tickle/cough, low fever, aches and pains and generally feeling shitty especially when the fever's up. Anything that brings on nausea/vomiting is not sick, that's CURL UP AND WAIT FOR DEATH, because it is a FATE WORSE THAN DEATH and NOT TO BE TOLERATED.

Oh, and FUCKING LEG CRAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddamnmit motherfucker, I'd like to chop these fucking legs OFF! I'M SO SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!! I guess it's because of the fever, kinda dehydrating, and god knows, my body doesn't need any help with THAT.

So, tonight, no matter how fucking awful I feel, I'm gonna drink an extra glass of coconut water, and chug as much water as I can manage, so I can try to sleep without MOTHERFUCKING LEG CRAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Andria

I have peeked in your crankypants and now understand all.

Feel better boop..

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Wow, that is a fantastic deal. Just heard about these lately but hadn't checked them out.

Just tried Pancakes and shortbread cookie. Also got a 1 oz tester - peanut brittle, for an additional $3.95.

In case anyone doesn't feel like doing the math, 1 oz is just a hair under 30 ml

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Something about vaping just turns me off of the salty flavor path. Id much rather a nice sweet fruit or dessert...or combination of the 2. I cant imagine chicken. I heard they even have a bacon concentrate...bacon is easily one of my favorite things and I have no intention of ever vaping it. o_O

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for letting us know Wayne

Damn it! I thought he was Dave, again. No, he's Wayne now. Last month or so he was Fred.

That reminds me, need to check my tag this morning. I feel like a Sam but that could be a Jim masquerading to avoid dealing with "cows are out." * looks at tag * Ah, I'm Juan today. Ha ha! i'm a Juan Guy you all must bow to me or no :coffee2:.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never forget insurance companies are out to make money not to help us.

* reads, ... rereads * Alright, we rob insurance companies then. Thought banks made money but if it's insurance companies, we'll get their plates and ink batch numbers. My mom in law has successfully rolled off a $100 bill. She showed it to me and wife last night, proving Independence Hall was on the back of them. Soon we'll get the $20s going correct, then flood the local market again. Don't let the Federals read this post, thanks. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something about vaping just turns me off of the salty flavor path. Id much rather a nice sweet fruit or dessert...or combination of the 2. I cant imagine chicken. I heard they even have a bacon concentrate...bacon is easily one of my favorite things and I have no intention of ever vaping it. o_O
I've seen bacon as well as tomato, green pepper and pizza flavorings. Thanks but no thanks! I did try mixing Black Pepper with a vanilla ice cream base that was actually pretty good. The recipe came from HIC here.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I would like trying a salt-water taffy flavor, I think. Have seen a few plain old 'taffy' flavors but so far none salt-water variety. Ergo, yet another to get into DIY. That and I could possibly create herbal blends from fresh, powdered herbs. Kind of thinking about a colt's foot juice, that's the 'common name' for the herb what contains tussin and gubenstoppin(sic) which are used in RoboTussin cough syrups. Thinking if you get a cold, vape the colt's foot to help ease it up. Not sure about potency / toxicology issue/s though. Oh, i mean I figure it'll be 'something' in you from it but not sure it would actually be enough to merit the efforts, still kind of open ended though due to varying vectors.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When I first started DIY I wanted to try making my own flavor concentrates or making flavors from "real" ingredients. It turned out that this was not recommended at all and that it was both cheaper and better advised to use concentrates from an established maker. I have since started experimenting with scotch in my e-juice. Its interesting, doesnt really taste like scotch but still pretty good, and I dont know at all if its safe or not.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have peeked in your crankypants and now understand all.

Feel better boop..

Had another awful night, fucking leg cramps. Around 7 I got up for the SECOND time (got up at 5-something and had some of that ginger ale with tonic water in it), so I drank some coconut water, slammed some water too, and also took a couple of ibuprofen because I had a chill again, telling me my fever was rising. The fever made it hard to get back to sleep, but I had finally managed it, was even dreaming, until MORE fucking leg cramps woke a bit before 10. My hair was damp so apparently the fever broke. I think it's the sweating, plus the higher temp, causing the leg cramps; both are dehydrating me.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, apparently it's true that whatever this ailment is, some type of flu? it does seem to be going around, all over the place. I just heard from my son, and he seems to have pretty much the same malady as I have, but MUCH worse, including lots of coughing and chest congestion -- because a couple months ago he succumbed to the temptation of smoking. :facepalm: It really makes a HUGE difference, since I have not much congestion at all, and really none in my chest, but he sounds like a TB patient. :facepalm: I hate it when my baby's sick, but maybe this can get thru to him more effectively than ANYTHING I could say to him about the compromised health of a smoker -- any cold or flu runs STRAIGHT to the lungs, whereas, as miserable as I've been all week, congestion and coughing are mostly not bothering me at all -- if not for the fever making me feel so wretched, I probably wouldn't have even known I was sick.

Andria

Last edited:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I saw this and thought of you. Are all of these true?

HOW TO DRIVE IN ATLANTA:
1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, Atlana. Old-timers are still allowed to call it Alana.

2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 am to noon. The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00 pm. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

3. The minimum acceptable speed on I-285 is 80 mph. On I-75 and I-85, your speed is expected to at least match the highway number. Anything less is considered 'Wussy'.

4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Atlanta has its own version of traffic rules. For example, Ferraris and Lamborghinis owned by sports stars go first at a four-way stop. Cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go second. The trucks with the biggest tires go third. The HOV lanes are really designed just for the slow Floridians passing through who are used to hogging the left lane everywhere.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light or stop sign, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot. Unless there is a police car nearby.

6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.

7. Road construction is permanent and continuous. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting. Generally, city roads other than the main streets have more potholes and bumps (usually speed bumps) than most dirt roads in the countryside.

8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, possums, skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, furniture, cats, mattresses, shredded tires, squirrels, rabbits, and crows.

9. Be aware that spelling of street names may change from block to block, e.g., Clairmont, Claremont, Clairmonte.

10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been “accidentally activated”.

11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 75 in a 55-65 mph zone, k, e.g., you are considered a road hazard and will be “flipped off” accordingly. If you return the flip, you'll be shot.

12. For summer driving, it is advisable to wear potholders on your hands.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, I saw this and thought of you. Are all of these true?

HOW TO DRIVE IN ATLANTA:
1. You must first learn to pronounce the city name, Atlana. Old-timers are still allowed to call it Alana.

2. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 am to noon. The evening rush hour is from noon to 7:00 pm. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

3. The minimum acceptable speed on I-285 is 80 mph. On I-75 and I-85, your speed is expected to at least match the highway number. Anything less is considered 'Wussy'.

4. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Atlanta has its own version of traffic rules. For example, Ferraris and Lamborghinis owned by sports stars go first at a four-way stop. Cars/trucks with the loudest muffler go second. The trucks with the biggest tires go third. The HOV lanes are really designed just for the slow Floridians passing through who are used to hogging the left lane everywhere.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light or stop sign, you will be rear ended, cussed out, and possibly shot. Unless there is a police car nearby.

6. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. It's another offense that can get you shot.

7. Road construction is permanent and continuous. Detour barrels are moved around for your entertainment pleasure during the middle of the night to make the next day's driving a bit more exciting. Generally, city roads other than the main streets have more potholes and bumps (usually speed bumps) than most dirt roads in the countryside.

8. Watch carefully for road hazards such as drunks, possums, skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, furniture, cats, mattresses, shredded tires, squirrels, rabbits, and crows.

9. Be aware that spelling of street names may change from block to block, e.g., Clairmont, Claremont, Clairmonte.

10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been “accidentally activated”.

11. If you are in the left lane and only driving 75 in a 55-65 mph zone, k, e.g., you are considered a road hazard and will be “flipped off” accordingly. If you return the flip, you'll be shot.

12. For summer driving, it is advisable to wear potholders on your hands.

Pretty much all true, except "Alana" -- we Atlannans laugh at those who don't say the first T, or those who say both T's. :D

And they left out one pretty major one: one-way streets will randomly change which direction they go in, and randomly also sometimes change to 2-way streets, then randomly change back to 1-way at some point. Count on it.

Oh and one other -- Ponce de Leon is NOT pronounced "ponsay day lay-on", it's pronounced PonceDeLeon, exactly as spelled.

#7 is perfectly true; they've been doing SOMETHING to I-85 since I've been alive, almost 56 yrs now. It's always hoped that they might one day finish it, but we're not sanguine. However, potholes aren't actually much of a problem here, because of the lack of salt on the roads in the winter, and lack of truly frigid weather in the winter. (Detroit has MUCH worse potholes, thanks to cold winters and lots of salt on the roads) But on the rare occasions when we do get white precip that sticks, do not make the mistake of leaving your house, or you will wind up parking your car on an interstate and walking home, along with everyone else who's parked their cars on the interstate. Considering that metro Atlanna encompasses most of north Georgia, that will be quite a walk.

:)
Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh another one I forgot -- although we get a good bit of rain here most of the time, anytime it starts to rain, be prepared to brake suddenly, as everyone in front of you has a sudden brain fart at witnessing the apocalypse of water coming from the sky. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I gotta say, the only thing LESS fun that Atlanna traffic is trying to order from walmart.com using an actual credit card. They just ASSUME it's a fraudulent transaction and automatically cancel it immediately. :facepalm: 2 tries, call to Cc company, another try, call to WM's cust svc, and yet another try, and I MIGHT have finally gotten the order placed. :facepalm:

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what that is, sounds like a dating service but pretty sure it's not...unless mr juicy finally pissed you off with not caring about his health. But since I don't think thats what you mean you'l have to enlighten me.

It's a high grade Japanese ceremonial green tea - that's really good for your health. It's also wowza on the caffein -but not jittery at all :giggle:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a high grade Japanese ceremonial green tea - that's really good for your health. It's also wowza on the caffein -but not jittery at all :giggle:
Hmmm, from the link our resident celebrity posted it looks like it's actually Chinese in origin.
And yes @USMCotaku if you have a role, no matter the size, on the boob tube you are a celebrity, or at least you might be some day.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm, from the link our resident celebrity posted it looks like it's actually Chinese in origin.
And yes @USMCotaku if you have a role, no matter the size, on the boob tube you are a celebrity, or at least you might be some day.

All tea is believed to have originated in China - Matcha is a Japanese word though, and wiki is being overly general as is typical.

The stuff I have is definitely from Japan though - amazing shit. And I don't even like green tea, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tea is from the plant Camellia Sinensis, which betrays its origin as "chinese camellia". But obviously it now grows in MANY places; its taste is determined by where it's grown, whether or not it's fermented (black tea is fermented), and how it is processed and stored.

I've been a tea lover and connoisseur for MANY years....

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've been a tea lover and connoisseur for MANY years...

Me too - no tea bags for me, lol

Love a real Darjeeling best, but the good stuff is really expensive.

Matcha is covered in shade the last 20 days before it is harvested, which freaks the plant out, making it produce gobs of chlorophyll

The best Matcha (they say, whoever they are) is from the first harvest off the top of the freaked out plants. The leaf (after deveining) is pulverized into a fine powder on a stone mill. It is brewed by putting the powder into 170 degree water, then frothed with a special bamboo whisk.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

All tea is believed to have originated in China - Matcha is a Japanese word though, and wiki is being overly general as is typical.
The stuff I have is definitely from Japan though

Fake tea news!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me too - no tea bags for me, lol

Love a real Darjeeling best, but the good stuff is really expensive.

Matcha is covered in shade the last 20 days before it is harvested, which freaks the plant out, making it produce gobs of chlorophyll

The best Matcha (they say, whoever they are) is from the first harvest off the top of the freaked out plants. The leaf (after deveining) is pulverized into a fine powder on a stone mill. It is brewed by putting the powder into 170 degree water, then frothed with a special bamboo whisk.

I do use teabags, since Twinings so kindly puts their English Breakfast Tea in them. Black tea is my passion, my weakness; Twinings is my indulgence, because good tea for hot tea simply does not grow in America, though Luzianne is pretty damn good for iced tea, and doesn't get cloudy in the fridge. I've tried several brands and styles of green tea, and just can't force myself to like it; it's too sharp, and not aromatic enough -- Twinings English Breakfast is almost like incense, it's so beautifully aromatic, and their Irish Breakfast tea is no slouch either.

They say that green tea is 5 times better for you than black tea... but I drink at least 5 times more tea than anyone I've ever known, so I reckon I make up the difference. :D

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do use teabags, since Twinings so kindly puts their English Breakfast Tea in them. Black tea is my passion, my weakness; Twinings is my indulgence, because good tea for hot tea simply does not grow in America, though Luzianne is pretty damn good for iced tea, and doesn't get cloudy in the fridge. I've tried several brands and styles of green tea, and just can't force myself to like it; it's too sharp, and not aromatic enough -- Twinings English Breakfast is almost like incense, it's so beautifully aromatic, and their Irish Breakfast tea is no slouch either.

They say that green tea is 5 times better for you than black tea... but I drink at least 5 times more tea than anyone I've ever known, so I reckon I make up the difference. :D

Andria

I also love black tea and never used to drink green tea, just don't care for it.

That's why I never really looked into Matcha before. However, a 3oz bowl has 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea - I'm willing to do that daily. Plus, this is pulverized, very different from drinking it from a bag or loose leaf.

It tasted better than I expected, because I too am not a fan of green tea at all

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' gang. I definitely think I'm on the upswing from the crud that's been plaguing me all week; and, only ONE leg cramp all night! :bliss: Which is great; had to get up early, got thangs to do today, and I actually feel more or less rested. :)

My son doesn't like tea AT ALL, he says it's too bitter... yet he lerves coffee. o_O I really don't get that; I can only stand coffee if it's a little bit of coffee in my milk and 2 spoons of sugar, the shit is so bitter. But I LERVVVVVE black tea. Strong and sweet... well, a little sweet. I've gradually cut down on the sugar I put in it, till now it's not much at all. BUT NO FUCKING LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemon goes on fish, and nothing else.

Andria

VU Sponsors