Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am still waiting in line at the pharmacy for all of my many medications. All my vitals are good and my oxygen level is 97 which is excellent. They think I actually have asthma. And I go in for a lung function test on August 8th. It's been a rough two months for sure.

There's actually a chemical challenge test they can give you, to determine if you have actual bronchial asthma. They let you take a puff from an inhaler which contains a chemical that, if you're really an asthmatic, will bring on IMMEDIATE wheezing, but if you aren't, it doesn't do much of anything. And I don't know how they do it now, but they also need to do "blood gas" testing; they used to have to tap the artery in your wrist, the radial "pulse" artery, to detemine the level of oxygenated blood, but I think they can now determine that a lot less intrusively. Most wouldn't have a problem with that arterial tap, but it nearly laid me out on the floor, due to my low bp.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had the lung function test. From experience telling the lady performing the test that when she tells you how long you will have to hold your breath, a response of "your shittin me, right? is not always appropriate :teehee:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Keep the tubs though.........:cheers:

But the tubs are still good - plenty of life in them

Also have half a case of floppy discs, two clean garbage bags full of Beanie Babies, aluminum crutches and a model of a choo choo train carved out of a chunk of coal

We are going to raise a fortune tomorrow!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd call it "insane" amounts of money. I'm way too big a skinflint for that bullshit. :giggle:

Oh come on. You know you want to join my exclusive vaping group. Everyone belongs to it, well all the cool kids at least.

Psst. If you get in, tell me the secret password through the door. I might not even belong to my exclusive group any more, it's that exclusive. :)

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But the tubs are still good - plenty of life in them

Also have half a case of floppy discs, two clean garbage bags full of Beanie Babies, aluminum crutches and a model of a choo choo train carved out of a chunk of coal

We are going to raise a fortune tomorrow!!!
Wow! Those floppy discs are damn near impossible to find these days, I bet they sell within seconds.:giggle:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh come on. You know you want to join my exclusive vaping group. Everyone belongs to it, well all the cool kids at least.

Psst. If you get in, tell me the secret password through the door. I might not even belong to my exclusive group any more, it's that exclusive. :)
Whenever I don't know the password I start with the most common ones, here was the top 10 list from last year, try one of these:
qwerty
password

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's.

Its the weekend and a lil boy gets to come stay with his pops for a week today. Missed that lil booger. :D

Gonna try my hand at something new. I always loved cheese but jeez, it has become way expensive. I can easily go thru a couple pounds a week and those bags of shredded Mozzarella and sharp chedder it seems I am always buying, so why not make my own. Watched some youtube vids on it and it dont seem that hard and it looks like I can make 10+ pounds of it for what 2 lbs cost in the store, so why not :giggle:

Its shaping up to be a lazy weekend so be sure to sleep in, take a few naps, rest relax and by all means, GFY :teehee:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's.

Its the weekend and a lil boy gets to come stay with his pops for a week today. Missed that lil booger. :D

Gonna try my hand at something new. I always loved cheese but jeez, it has become way expensive. I can easily go thru a couple pounds a week and those bags of shredded Mozzarella and sharp chedder it seems I am always buying, so why not make my own. Watched some youtube vids on it and it dont seem that hard and it looks like I can make 10+ pounds of it for what 2 lbs cost in the store, so why not :giggle:

Its shaping up to be a lazy weekend so be sure to sleep in, take a few naps, rest relax and by all means, GFY :teehee:
I'd love to hear how it goes. I know Lannie makes cheese, so you could PM her if you need any tips or advice probably.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's.

How do you plan to cut the cheese?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Morning fugee's.

Duh

Obviously you will chop the cheese - my bad

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Whenever I don't know the password I start with the most common ones, here was the top 10 list from last year, try one of these:
qwerty
password

*clears throat, sniffs* John the Ripper, Jack the Knife might actually not refer to a serial killer of similar name. ;) Although, I do not do much if any password cracking, usually something of that keen would be unethical. There's times though it might be warranted and that's understood too.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

A no shit story (thank god). Was sitting here on my couch. The couch has a recliner built into each end so was reclining and kinda dozing a little while ago. Lil boy was next to me snooring, and it hit me. Horrible horrible stench from him. And the lil shit sighs kinda like "yeah pops, who's your daddy now"..... lil fucker.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A no shit story (thank god). Was sitting here on my couch. The couch has a recliner built into each end so was reclining and kinda dozing a little while ago. Lil boy was next to me snooring, and it hit me. Horrible horrible stench from him. And the lil shit sighs kinda like "yeah pops, who's your daddy now"..... lil fucker.
lol!! I didn't even smell Tabitha's farts til I quit smoking and man! I get it now.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sunday night already. Bummer.

But did learn a very important lesson today. Never ever hold a piece of scotch bright on the side of a running engine flywheel with just your hand. Guess eventually the meat will grow back on that finger :cuss2:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

But did learn a very important lesson today. Never ever hold a piece of scotch bright on the side of a running engine flywheel with just your hand. Guess eventually the meat will grow back on that finger :cuss2:
Oh geez! Consider my like just an acknowledgement of your pain.
Darn - I missed everybody!

Yeah, it Sunday night already
Yeah it is Monday gfy all!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugees :D

Beautiful morning outside. Nice 70 degrees. Every morning I take lil boy out and put him on a 50 ft cable so he can do his business without getting in trouble and I sit out there with him until he is ready to go back inside. This morning I was sitting there watching him and one of the outside cats comes into his area which isnt a big deal, he is buddies with all of them. This cat starts taking a dump and Rascal goes up to the cat, sniffs it and then hikes his leg and pee's on the cat. Im thinking to myself damn, my dog is an asshole :giggle:

Hope yall's day is better than that cats is and GFY yall :cool:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Beautiful morning outside. Nice 70 degrees. Every morning I take lil boy out and put him on a 50 ft cable so he can do his business without getting in trouble and I sit out there with him until he is ready to go back inside. This morning I was sitting there watching him and one of the outside cats comes into his area which isnt a big deal, he is buddies with all of them. This cat starts taking a dump and Rascal goes up to the cat, sniffs it and then hikes his leg and pee's on the cat. Im thinking to myself damn, my dog is an asshole :giggle:

OMG that's too funny!
70? I wish. It was 106 here Saturday.
I woke up this morning to a message from my brother-in-law. It was a recording. I clicked on play and it was the longest, grossest fart! Almost spewed my coffee. :eek:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*points, sniggers but only in good fun and not meant as mean* "Dumb fucker."

This is why welders remove gears, wheels, cogs from engines & motors to do repair work. Something just tells our spaced out trigonometric insane minds, "hey moving parts can bite ya."

Also don't feel too horrible. I nearly took the end off my left index finger. We had a half hour on a double shift left in the poultry processing plant. The machine that cut wings was getting backed up. Figured I'd tug some out keep it going so we got out on time. Well, ...

It happened to also be Martin Luther King JR. day, and the day my Paw Paw J went to hospital with a stroke. The doctor who attend me was nice, he went to check on Paw Paw for me. He used a toothbrush of sorts to attempt cleaning the wound. Now that finger has a double nail and in the tip, I don't feel, well only "pressure" there's no other feeling.

Just as an aside, I do privately utter the N word on that day. No disrespect is intended and Ive no hint of any kind of ism, especially racism in me. It's more out of exasperation as it was the day my Paw Paw effectively died, I buggered up my finger, i had to draw out $1,500 for paying mom's heating bill & she was sick, brothers were sick, her so called husband was at some card table in a terminal gambling over $6,000 a year away. I just let fly, "that damn N", and I'm done. It all come in a big blur on his birthday that year. *smh*

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG that's too funny!
I woke up this morning to a message from my brother-in-law. It was a recording. I clicked on play and it was the longest, grossest fart! Almost spewed my coffee. :eek:

70 here as well but we got the wilderness "green haze" going on which jumps humidity to 80%, ergo when you're out for a morning mow with a motor scythe you kind of get hot even taking it easy. :) :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
70 here as well but we got the wilderness "green haze" going on which jumps humidity to 80%, ergo when you're out for a morning mow with a motor scythe you kind of get hot even taking it easy. :) :D

Yesterday was AMAZING here... high 80s, but the humidity was only in the 50% range, which is fucking miraculous this time of year! Damn, it felt GREAT! Hopefully that will continue all week, since our temps will be running mid-to-high 80s instead of into the 90s, and night temps will be mid-60s -- we don't get temps that low, if the humidity is its usual sweltering self.

We just got the electric bill, which equals the highest we have EVER had in this house, $206. Hopefully next month's will be closer to $150!

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday was AMAZING here... high 80s, but the humidity was only in the 50% range, which is fucking miraculous this time of year! Damn, it felt GREAT! Hopefully that will continue all week, since our temps will be running mid-to-high 80s instead of into the 90s, and night temps will be mid-60s -- we don't get temps that low, if the humidity is its usual sweltering self.

We just got the electric bill, which equals the highest we have EVER had in this house, $206. Hopefully next month's will be closer to $150!

Andria

Yeah wife looked over our 'lectric bill. Air conditioner we got now, raises the cost about $24 per month. The company only started billing monthly this year. Before it was doing quarterly averaging which irked her no end. Kept getting $300 - $500 bills, which I suppose was on par but when it comes due and we're in a lurch because X has happened first and needs Y to fix up ... rough.

She says to me yesterday, "might get an early Fall." It would be nice but I'm not exactly keen to put odds on it. Already started gathering some early fallen walnuts under the trees. Looking to maybe get into turning those out this year, that is if'n anyone seems to take interest in offering helping. Figure i can sell them around $8 per lb at the least, been a while back but recall my grandma used to get $7 for hers and folks would have paid more, gladly.

Wife has a windfall getting near time to start doing its pay out. We're hoping that can help her get the truck loan paid off, get us closer toward being ready to find a place. :) Kind of rough here. Her dad has twice now lied about stuff I allegedly told him. He runs short on money and gets all cranky, I'm usually the target despite it likely having been his other daughter and her husband leeching.

Had fun with him one year. He let me take off on his riding mower. "Now, it'll toss ya around," he said. I got to going round the laps. Come up to him, slowed to a stop.

"You can be lucky I like up the ass sometimes," i told him. He stood there cracking up harder than I had seen him do in a while. :) No point in him playing Atlas, or anybody for that matter.

ETA: Yep, i know, I know I'm a dirty old dog and an incorrigible cranking nutter. You're not? What's your excuse? :) :p

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

LOL!!!! Poor cat. (though I'm privately thinking "Good bot Rascal")

OMG that's too funny!
OMG! Your BIL is strange, but aren't you glad phones don't come with the technology to smell through them?
Oh, and by the way, don't hate me...
upload_2017-7-31_10-1-34.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah wife looked over our 'lectric bill. Air conditioner we got now, raises the cost about $24 per month. The company only started billing monthly this year. Before it was doing quarterly averaging which irked her no end. Kept getting $300 - $500 bills, which I suppose was on par but when it comes due and we're in a lurch because X has happened first and needs Y to fix up ... rough.

She says to me yesterday, "might get an early Fall." It would be nice but I'm not exactly keen to put odds on it. Already started gathering some early fallen walnuts under the trees. Looking to maybe get into turning those out this year, that is if'n anyone seems to take interest in offering helping. Figure i can sell them around $8 per lb at the least, been a while back but recall my grandma used to get $7 for hers and folks would have paid more, gladly.

Wife has a windfall getting near time to start doing its pay out. We're hoping that can help her get the truck loan paid off, get us closer toward being ready to find a place. :) Kind of rough here. Her dad has twice now lied about stuff I allegedly told him. He runs short on money and gets all cranky, I'm usually the target despite it likely having been his other daughter and her husband leeching.

Had fun with him one year. He let me take off on his riding mower. "Now, it'll toss ya around," he said. I got to going round the laps. Come up to him, slowed to a stop.

"You can be lucky I like up the ass sometimes," i told him. He stood there cracking up harder than I had seen him do in a while. :) No point in him playing Atlas, or anybody for that matter.

ETA: Yep, i know, I know I'm a dirty old dog and an incorrigible cranking nutter. You're not? What's your excuse? :) :p

I can't say we really get much of a "fall" here; it's usually just an extension of summer, but with lower humidity (sometimes THAT becomes a fucking drought, like last year!). But we often do get a slight welcome reprieve from our hellish summer sometime in August. No idea why; something to do with the jetstream I guess, or Canada is getting ready for winter. :giggle: From November to March, we'd thank Canada to keep her weather to herself, but in August? BRING IT!!! :D

Hopefully no idiots will set the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest on fire this fall.

Andria

VU Sponsors