JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL
I still have almost no idea of what that is.

One hell of a drip tip?

Australian Aboriginee musical instrument -

Yes, Mr Juicy has one somewhere in all the crap - including one of the hottest garage sale items of all time: the Thigh Master, lol

Will be more sales after this weekend :eek:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Garage sales are often filled with almost never used exercise equipment.

This is the Thigh Master from hell - it has haunted me for over 20 years!

It came into my possession through my mother, who gave it to me to sell at a garage sale over two decades ago in California

Well, Mr Juicy's mother came to that garage sale and took the thigh master to Oregon

Ten years later, Mr Juicy is cleaning out his parents' estate and for some inexplicable reason, hauls said Thigh Master back up to Alaska

Yes, I threw a hairy cat fit, yes it has sat somewheres in the back of his closet all this time :gaah:

Have never attempted to - nor will I - use it

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is the Thigh Master from hell - it has haunted me for over 20 years!

It came into my possession through my mother, who gave it to me to sell at a garage sale over two decades ago in California

Well, Mr Juicy's mother came to that garage sale and took the thigh master to Oregon

Ten years later, Mr Juicy is cleaning out his parents' estate and for some inexplicable reason, hauls said Thigh Master back up to Alaska

Yes, I threw a hairy cat fit, yes it has sat somewheres in the back of his closet all this time :gaah:

Have never attempted to - nor will I - use it
That story is hilarious!
Hey all. And gfy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am sure all of us have something useless that has kept moving around with us.

Comic book collection that seems to continually grow bigger. It was roughly $5,000 or so about 15 years ago using Wizard as a price guide, at fair for the condition of most of the books. That was only my best objective assessment. I need someone to independently grade, assess the collection. Keep threatening to use it as collateral to open a comic shop but don't seem to get there.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's. I just had the day from hell :(

Last night the water pressure was acting up and this morning it was pretty much no pressure so went and looked over the pump. Found a cracked pipe and to repair it would take re-plumbing the whole damn thing. Went and got what I really had no budget for and came home to start replumbing the damn water pump. Now I cant work for long or I am gasping for breath. All the shit I been thru this last year ended up with me not able to breath. SO I do some, go sit down on the mower, do some more, go into my moms house and drink some cold water, do a little more and on and on.
Then the ex called, said she was fishing and told her what was going on so she went home, unhooked her boat and came over here to help. Was glad for the help and wanting her to leave as soon as she got here. :giggle: I was pretty wore down at this point and she wanted to push me. Blood was boiling and told her to go her ass home. She didnt of course and finally we got it all together. Turned the pump on, it ran for 15 to 20 second and shut down. Sounded like it wasnt spinning fast enough like when a capacitor goes out on a motor. Im so wiped at this point that I had to run to the house to get a wrench and hoped on the riding lawn mower and colors started changing on me. The grass was bright orange to me and crap like this. I grab the wrenches, go back to the pump and give them to the ex and told her I gotta go inside moms place and sit for a bit, that it was becoming dangerous for me and I really didnt want to die today. She tells me she didnt give a fuck where I went and she is about to go. I tell her once again to go her ass home!

After 15 or 20 mins I went back out there and she has pulled the covers off the motor and sprayed lubricant in it. Actually now a bad idea but now it runs for 15 or 20 seconds and smokes :wait:. Ended up we wnt to Lowes, spent another couple hundred and bought a new pump. Brought it home, we plumbed it in, the relay box was on the wrong side so we had to fight the wire and dig up some tree roots to be able to get enough wire to hook it up and all was ready to turn it on. Primed it, turned it on and instantly had water. Glued the last couple joints we left off in case it needed more water poured into the pump to prime it, turned it back on and one of the pipes blew right off. I told that girl that pipe was not glued until we knew if the length was correct or not and she needed to glue it. :gaah:

Finally after over 9 hours, $350 that I couldnt afford, we have water. And poor Rascal was alone all day and not happy about it. :( Yall wont believe how many puppy kisses I got and every scratch and boo boo on my legs and arms have been well doctored by him.....

So, how was yalls day Fugee's? Do I get to win the GFY award for the day :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Last night the water pressure was acting up and this morning it was pretty much no pressure so went and looked over the pump. Found a cracked pipe and to repair it would take re-plumbing the whole damn thing. Went and got what I really had no budget for and came home to start replumbing the damn water pump. Now I cant work for long or I am gasping for breath. All the shit I been thru this last year ended up with me not able to breath. SO I do some, go sit down on the mower, do some more, go into my moms house and drink some cold water, do a little more and on and on.
Then the ex called, said she was fishing and told her what was going on so she went home, unhooked her boat and came over here to help. Was glad for the help and wanting her to leave as soon as she got here. :giggle: I was pretty wore down at this point and she wanted to push me. Blood was boiling and told her to go her ass home. She didnt of course and finally we got it all together. Turned the pump on, it ran for 15 to 20 second and shut down. Sounded like it wasnt spinning fast enough like when a capacitor goes out on a motor. Im so wiped at this point that I had to run to the house to get a wrench and hoped on the riding lawn mower and colors started changing on me. The grass was bright orange to me and crap like this. I grab the wrenches, go back to the pump and give them to the ex and told her I gotta go inside moms place and sit for a bit, that it was becoming dangerous for me and I really didnt want to die today. She tells me she didnt give a fuck where I went and she is about to go. I tell her once again to go her ass home!

After 15 or 20 mins I went back out there and she has pulled the covers off the motor and sprayed lubricant in it. Actually now a bad idea but now it runs for 15 or 20 seconds and smokes :wait:. Ended up we wnt to Lowes, spent another couple hundred and bought a new pump. Brought it home, we plumbed it in, the relay box was on the wrong side so we had to fight the wire and dig up some tree roots to be able to get enough wire to hook it up and all was ready to turn it on. Primed it, turned it on and instantly had water. Glued the last couple joints we left off in case it needed more water poured into the pump to prime it, turned it back on and one of the pipes blew right off. I told that girl that pipe was not glued until we knew if the length was correct or not and she needed to glue it. :gaah:

Finally after over 9 hours, $350 that I couldnt afford, we have water. And poor Rascal was alone all day and not happy about it. :( Yall wont believe how many puppy kisses I got and every scratch and boo boo on my legs and arms have been well doctored by him.....

So, how was yalls day Fugee's? Do I get to win the GFY award for the day :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Wow! Yeah, I can't top that one. And I agree with Lucy, your ex deserves a :finger:
But at least you got puppy kisses, can never get too many of them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn doc, can't beat that story.....hope tomorrow is a lil better.....:oops:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morely, I have tons of comic books. During the flood I went thru last year I lost around 8K worth of them. Probably have around 15K that survived and stayed dry.

Sounds like you might need to do like I'm pondering. Let comics go for cheap just to get money.

My mommy dearest threw out all my comics from the mid 60's early 70's. All Marvel.

That would have been a collection to have now. Lots of good classic books in that, especially Fantastic Four origins, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Avengers. Now, Disney own all of that and most of the graphics work is done via computer generated animation programs out of Hong Kong, art "chop shop". There is no more art in comic books, they let the computers block stuff out on glossy paper, even does the lettering and writing at times.

So it kind of seems any dreams of getting into comic books, at least Marvel and possibly DC, are destroyed easily enough. They can hook up IBM's Watson and let it read a copy of Twenty Master Plots, Lester Dent's Pulp Fiction Master Plot Outline and let Watson write comics, send it off to the art shop to get drawn up and printed.That's rather easy to see being done too.

Hell, Wired has what passes for articles written by computers, no human interaction to write them at all. Think Bezos was going to see about letting WaPo being written the same way. I know too the Japanese have full automated making of wire harnesses for in cars. Yep, worked in one of their shops here until they pulled out and went to Mexico due to their tax breaks being up here. They let humans block out the harness where i worked. The rate they desired was 300 parts per hour but they settled for 150. I could do the 300 per hour but no one would tube the wires up at my station. I'd do 300 up, take ten minute break, tube them, break for lunch, block, break, tube and go home. They would also have me doing side tasks such as doing the soldering, which i could also do pretty fast and correctly.

:hug: Sorry to read about all that. I too find out that I need to do the piddle, break, piddle way of getting stuff done. That's why I figure I'm not fit to go all in for a 5 8s or 6 16s. I could not see myself as a 'boss' putting up with a worker like that too much, sure every bit helps but we know there's critical stuff that requires full on engaging. Not seeing as a boss, figure I'm better to not be trouble for any other boss, except my wife. *chuckles*

She tolerates but also does not tolerate. I get told from her at times the same as my mom would fuss, "get up boy, you ain't hurt." She even give me nudge to go try back at something pro level again once. "no excuse, just go work." i did and well we both found out better. Pretty rough when some twenty something fast food gen manager tells you you got no idea what teamwork is. *lol* I could only beat her to the punch, 'i quit" "you're fired". Gee, i dunno maybe Navy didn't teach me teamwork? * tries hard to keep a straight face *

Tomorrow has to be better. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Choppy, I'm going be a third, fourth or fifth on Lucy's suggestion for your ex. Sorry you had such a rough day.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd love to smack the hell out of whomever invented the TGIF shit. :cuss2:Big fucking deal TGIF. :cuss2::cuss2:I'm working all weekend. :gaah:And this ain't volunteering to work but told I HAVE to work. Oh well...next week's paycheck will be pretty good so that's more money to go towards keeping the house. :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd love to smack the hell out of whomever invented the TGIF shit. :cuss2:Big fucking deal TGIF. :cuss2::cuss2:I'm working all weekend. :gaah:And this ain't volunteering to work but told I HAVE to work. Oh well...next week's paycheck will be pretty good so that's more money to go towards keeping the house. :D
Lynn, sorry to hear you're having problems. Hope things get better QUICKLY for you...!!

.............:blowkiss:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree Lynn, and when everyone is crying about it being Monday, I'm fucking CHEERING, because I don't have my husband underfoot all day! :giggle: And this coming Monday, my son starts his new job, so I won't have him underfoot either! It will be BLISSFULLY QUIET here, and I will be sleeping late and loving it. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree Lynn, and when everyone is crying about it being Monday, I'm fucking CHEERING, because I don't have my husband underfoot all day! :giggle: And this coming Monday, my son starts his new job, so I won't have him underfoot either! It will be BLISSFULLY QUIET here, and I will be sleeping late and loving it. :)

Andria
Yep! And I won't be cursing it being Monday cause I wasn't off for the weekend, :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found a bit of an interesting read this morning. :coffee: for everyone that needs. Think I'm going to :cloud: & :coffee: just a little then, go tend my dogs. Made up a nice 0.30(R) ohm dual coil a few evenings ago. I'll tell you what ... whut! :)

Going to be doing further sub ohming & going lower and lower gradually. I've decided to fully embrace my life and say unfuck the Bozos who try running me down. As an offshoot if you will once I become skillful at being an advanced coil builder, I can sell advanced built coils.

"What do you do for a living," the condescending ass hat asks.

"I live. Maybe you meant to ask how I earn that money crap. I do what I need to do as long as I find it ethical, moral," I reply. "Sometimes that results in getting money, other times it might be barter in the form of services/goods for services/goods."

The ass hat cannot abide & vanishes from my life. They were one of the Bozos, unfuck them, they're not worth one of my fucks. I do not give a fuck for them any more. They want to think they can do better, pay my bills & do my work then, they're more than welcome to think they can do better. Live my life before you make it better, either for yourself or for me. I still wait to see someone teach me how to make a penny walk like a C-note, that'll be the trick. :)

ETA: @snake94115 , I'm giving fair consideration & thought to making up some t-shirts with the "Unfuck The Bozos!" statement printed on them. My notion is to perhaps set it up through Cafe Press, LuLu, or some such and then set it up further so that half of profit goes into a donation pool for Bikers Against Child Abuse. I could split the other half of it with you for suggesting the t-shirt notion, or just for giggles because to me "bah, it's only money". :)

S'matter o' fact check it out, "drink it in man!"

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And...I can't fall asleep because all 3 dogs are barking at their shadows outside. If I had a gun right now I'd be minus 3 dogs. :gaah:

A box fan. You can set it on high, pointing away from you, and you'll never hear the noisy lil bastards. I had to do that when we moved to this neighborhood, because apparently every-other house on this street has at least one of those noisy bastards.

I like cats. :)

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did the dogs ever quiet down so you could sleep last night?
Not until around 4. Then Colton woke me up at 6:30 leaving with his dad. I was ok with that since I'll be sleeping in his bed for the next week. Back to sleep until 7:30 when the puppy woke me up wanting out. I'll sleep good tonight though. Work, plus being in a bed instead of on the couch and very little sleep last night equals good night's sleep tonight! :D
A box fan. You can set it on high, pointing away from you, and you'll never hear the noisy lil bastards. I had to do that when we moved to this neighborhood, because apparently every-other house on this street has at least one of those noisy bastards.

I like cats. :)

Andria
Me too although since Laura's cat came to live here, he howls all night. I hope to get him neutered soon.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Poor cat. :( Granted we have taken to spaying and neutering our critters. It still seems unnatural to me and kind of disrespectful in a way.

Actually it shows more love than letting them reproduce willy-nilly and then having to euthanize a bunch of unwanted animals.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need to rant for a minute, and you folks are the only ones around here that might actually tolerate a rant from me.

You know how frequently I recommend e-aromashop.com for Inawera flavors; they have the BEST POSSIBLE prices, and they don't rebottle. And that is still true. However I always used to also toss in about how they had reasonable shipping, which didn't take too awful long, considering they're in Poland. Well, my last order from them, back in the spring, I just used their registered airmail shipping, because it's reasonable ($5-ish or less) and didn't take too long, usually about 10 days. Well, it took over 3 wks that time, and when it finally showed up, it was in a box that the USPS provided, because the original box had been almost completely destroyed -- fortunately the pking slip was still readable, so USPS was able to get it to me.

My latest order, I decided to go ahead and pop for Global Express shipping, though the cost had risen to $11.27 -- last time I used that option, it was only $10-ish... but last time, it managed to get to me in about 5 days. but this most recent order? Monday will be TWO WEEKS since I placed the order... and it just hit NY ISC *today*... which means I MIGHT get it sometime in the next couple of weeks, knowing how those lazy ignorant fuckers in NY operate. For $11.27. This just fucking steams me. I'm thinking I might bite the bullet and just start ordering Inawera from BCF again, despite the rebottling they started practicing -- that was the reason I had to find another vendor for Inawera, so I could get original pkging. But this goddamn shipping bullshit is just BULLSHIT, paying thru the fucking NOSE, and it STILL takes goddamned 2-3 wks to get it.

DAMNED good thing I wasn't out of shisha strawberry, or this entire post would be all-caps. ;)

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Andria

VU Sponsors