Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grumbling and cursing Monday morning :coffee2:

Yeah and I got up quite a bit earlier than usual because it's payday, so my cat was looking at me with one eye open, I'm sure thinking "why the hell are you up at this ungodly hour???" :giggle: But she was pleased to be able to go outside right after 10am -- I wait till after 10 to give the birds a break from a sneaky black cat. ;)

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did you sell all the garden hose pieces?

If not, you could always use them to beat anyone who annoys too much today.

Sadly, the garden hose pieces are on the way to the dump, despite priced free :eek:

But on the bright side, we did manage to sell the pottery garlic cooker, Shirley Temple coffee creamer and most of my dead MIL's collection of glass chickens

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't say we really get much of a "fall" here; it's usually just an extension of summer, but with lower humidity (sometimes THAT becomes a fucking drought, like last year!). But we often do get a slight welcome reprieve from our hellish summer sometime in August. No idea why; something to do with the jetstream I guess, or Canada is getting ready for winter. :giggle: From November to March, we'd thank Canada to keep her weather to herself, but in August? BRING IT!!! :D

Hopefully no idiots will set the Chattahoochee Nat'l Forest on fire this fall.

Andria

Noticed that as well once, with the weather, as I visited GA for the Cherokee Pow Wow hosted by the Sioux. It was pleasant all night as we danced, on my first night there. Then, some of us went out for a roaming, nice weather in upper 60's to low 70's. That made it rough for the sweat lodge. I nearly slithered into the lake afterwards.

Took a communal shower after being in the lake just in case there was leeches or any kind of negative bacteria (imho, very doubtful and highly unlikely yet I had to oblige a nurse step-mom). Recall a little girl chuckling and asking her mommy why the boys were in their bath. The mom hushed her and smiled an apology, none of us saw any harm, chuckled. Walked out of the shower and almost literally bumped into her husband. He grinned and asked if I'd enjoyed the roaming party.

Chief Red Hawk told me I am welcome in his lodge any time. He was father to Two Bear, a Median shaman. Me and Two Bear agreed that freshly fried up fry bread early in the morning is tough to beat. Think a lot of us had a rather interesting time at the Pow Wow. know it was good medicine for me. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still say, all of you and the horses you ride in on, ... yeah ... you can all go fuck yourselves. Check with management for lubes, condiments & other assorted sundry what ... ah ... doughnuts ... "oh look, squirrel ..."

* wanders on following floating doughnut tray ...*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haven't had that is years......:(

Good stuff tho.

It is for sure. We get it once in a while at our local Chinese place here. Although it is only a can of frozen biscuit dough popped out into a fry vat, then sugar tossed on it. Not quite exactly genuine fry bread. :( I possibly could make some up. Wife says I do a damn good funnel cake. Yeah, I even cook, sew by hand a bit too. Not sure I could buttons anymore. * imagines self with sewing needle attempting a button when a spasm comes along and makes him jab himself with the needle * Hm, no not sure at all but I would try it, worst case I poke myself *chuckles* "No, no that's not how you do it the facebook way."

Sorry, i need to go make :coffee2: it would seem. Think my noodle is trying to banana peel me. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wonder what his angle is - sure got hostile quick and is very anxious to get people to use his survey monkey o_O

I'd put my money on someone starting a new juice line. But the quick jump to hostility seems ever-present on the internet lately. Or actually, everywhere. I even FINALLY persuaded my husband to not be flipping off idiots while driving, there are so many idiots with guns who won't hesitate to use them. In the thread about 400mg nic being "to (sic) strong", a person who has formerly been quite pleasant to type to decided that my perception of "institutionalization" for those vapers who actually want regulation was sufficient grounds to become offended. :facepalm: Guess the truth hurts.

Sometimes I just wanna take a couple hands' full of drugs and sleep for 6 months, or maybe years. :facepalm:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I just wanna take a couple hands' full of drugs and sleep for 6 months, or maybe years. :facepalm:

Aww now, none of that shit. I don't get to retire, you don't get to go eating happy pills by the handful. Thems the rules, leastways as they been stamped into my forehead by cast iron skillet. "And you'll member them rules now you stubborn jackass," she hollered at me while shaking out her hand from swinging and thudding the skillet. You get to do like me, pull up my pretty paisley flowered panties, enjoy the camel toe or melvin and keep on keeping on. If they dump us in the woods it's all good, I love the woods. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wonder what his angle is - sure got hostile quick

I betcha the angle is 33 and one third, has to be! i know this from all kinds of various work been done in my life. That is the "magic" angle for all planes, as in planes that are like ramps for stuff to go up and down a bit more easily than hefting a 1 ton anvil up six to eight feet which is your standard dock heights, btw. 33 and one third also describes me sexually, I'm not straight, not homosexual, I love people and at times I hate people but all of it is divide by 33 and one third .. 33 and third straight, 33 and one third homosexual, 33 and one third "I'll get back to ya". :) Yes, quite a mystical number 33 and one third, so much so the Egyptians used I think in their pyramids, possibly even one of the magic numbers of Masons. Damn it, now i'm off into that silly la la land of pondering ... bah.

ETA: Kernel Mustard in the conservatory with the wine glass & drug Mr. Body to the Kitchen to cover his tracks. ;)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd put my money on someone starting a new juice line. But the quick jump to hostility seems ever-present on the internet lately. Or actually, everywhere. I even FINALLY persuaded my husband to not be flipping off idiots while driving, there are so many idiots with guns who won't hesitate to use them. In the thread about 400mg nic being "to (sic) strong", a person who has formerly been quite pleasant to type to decided that my perception of "institutionalization" for those vapers who actually want regulation was sufficient grounds to become offended. :facepalm: Guess the truth hurts.

Andria
Meh. Don't let um git under yer skin. Rip Van Andria. :) :blowkiss:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
A couple of weeks ago, you just described what I want/wanted to do. Except I plan to take a couple of bottles worth and never wake up. I found out that I'm in a bit of financial difficulty and I'm fixing to lose my house. If I work 7 days for the next 3 months I can get it all caught up. Me? I'm tired of life and all of the struggles that go with it. Stick a fork in me...I'm done! And with that...
Good morning everyone! Don't forget to GFY! I'm off for more :coffee2: :ejuice:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple of weeks ago, you just described what I want/wanted to do. Except I plan to take a couple of bottles worth and never wake up. I found out that I'm in a bit of financial difficulty and I'm fixing to lose my house. If I work 7 days for the next 3 months I can get it all caught up. Me? I'm tired of life and all of the struggles that go with it. Stick a fork in me...I'm done! And with that...
Lynn, liking your post only to acknowledge I read it. I'm so sorry that you are going through even more struggles. Hang in there darlin' and remember let your friends help you in whatever way we can.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG Lynn. NO! I'm so sorry. Please know I'm here for you. :hug:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hey Chickee - ain't no house worth your life -

Have you considered a financial counselor? I know, it's hard to arrange something like that when you are working so much, but dang -

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Chickee - ain't no house worth your life -

Have you considered a financial counselor? I know, it's hard to arrange something like that when you are working so much, but dang -
Seriously listen to Lucy. NO house is worth that!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

:hug:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for caring folks. It feels good to know that someone actually cares. Now I'm not going to say that the thoughts of shuffling off this mortal plane have gone completely away but they've receded a bit. One of my kids was born while living in this house, and I raised the other in this house so I am beyond determined to keep it regardless. The mortgage company has agreed to let me make weekly payments to get it caught up so that is in my favor, but the regular payments will keep on accruing so it will take me many months to get it done. The only reason I'm working so many hours is to keep eating. After I make the mortgage payment, keep the lights on and water flowing there's not a lot left over. All the "fat" has been cut out. I'll make it....one way or another!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for caring folks. It feels good to know that someone actually cares. Now I'm not going to say that the thoughts of shuffling off this mortal plane have gone completely away but they've receded a bit. One of my kids was born while living in this house, and I raised the other in this house so I am beyond determined to keep it regardless. The mortgage company has agreed to let me make weekly payments to get it caught up so that is in my favor, but the regular payments will keep on accruing so it will take me many months to get it done. The only reason I'm working so many hours is to keep eating. After I make the mortgage payment, keep the lights on and water flowing there's not a lot left over. All the "fat" has been cut out. I'll make it....one way or another!
Can you do a go-fund-me? There's no shame in asking for help Lynn. I just hate you are going through this. You know I love you!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you do a go-fund-me? There's no shame in asking for help Lynn. I just hate you are going through this. You know I love you!
Great idea! Considering some of the things that people have used go-fund-me for, this might actually work.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think I know how to go about it? Besides, I couldn't, in my mind, ask for money for myself. It just ain't in me.
I'm not sure because I've never set one up before. But, you would be just asking for YOU. You would be asking to be able to keep the house in the family for generations to come. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure because I've never set one up before. But, you would be just asking for YOU. You would be asking to be able to keep the house in the family for generations to come. :)
Me either.
The one thing all of this has taught me is not to waste. My grocery budget is $50 a week and you can be damned sure I use every last bit of it. Nothing goes to waste anymore. Most of the time I can't work on Sundays. My supervisor looks out for me and finds something for me to do on Saturdays. My cell is on 5 days but there are several who are on 6, very few on 7's. So on Sunday I head to the grocery store with a list and a meal plan for the coming week. I take the groceries home and cook my meals for the week so all I have to do is warm them up during the week. I'm pretty proud of myself. I haven't had fast food in 3 weeks and haven't been to a real restaurant in over a month. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Damn that blows. Hang in there, maybe you'll receive a miracle as we did when we bought this one.

Me, I just whipped my "emergency WTA" out of the freezer and added 4 drops to my Achilles everytime I topped it off yesterday. I guess it helped; my hair is still attached to my head, I'm not in jail or the hospital, and I'm still breathing.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn that blows. Hang in there, maybe you'll receive a miracle as we did when we bought this one.

Me, I just whipped my "emergency WTA" out of the freezer and added 4 drops to my Achilles everytime I topped it off yesterday. I guess it helped; my hair is still attached to my head, I'm not in jail or the hospital, and I'm still breathing.

Andria
I'm keeping the faith!
And I'm happy to read that you still have hair, not taking up space in the hospital or jail, and that you're still breathing!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope everything works out for you Lynn :D

I been in my fair share of dark places before and the best advice I can tell you is to never give up. Even when things seem they can not get any worse and you have no where to turn. things usually turn around and works out for the best. Thoughts and prayers with you girl!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugee's and GFY

Somehow or other I put strawberry shortcake into my cherry ice cream atty this morning.....actually not bad :D

A bit wore out tonight. Rascal and me just went a few rounds with his squeaky toy. He won of course and he is all proud of himself :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope everything works out for you Lynn :D

I been in my fair share of dark places before and the best advice I can tell you is to never give up. Even when things seem they can not get any worse and you have no where to turn. things usually turn around and works out for the best. Thoughts and prayers with you girl!

Very true. And one thing I learned during that economic disaster of 2008-2011... if the status quo is busted all to hell... create a new one! Think of something different! That's the only thing that saved us.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning fugees! :) GFY! I have the grandson for the morning so it will be an interesting one. Him and his mommy are moving. Probably not this weekend but the next. The mommy found an apartment that she can afford not too far away. I hate to see them leave but it will be good to get my bed back and for things to have a bit of normalcy. I hope everyone has a great day!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I know how to go about it? Besides, I couldn't, in my mind, ask for money for myself. It just ain't in me.

You do any crafts? Sewing, crochet, knitting, make wooden toys, have magazine collections? Or do you got years of shortcuts to getting something done? Make a video chat session, say 10 minutes a week of talking about how to coil hose for example one week, maybe how to clean pizza pans the next. All of this can be leveraged as "skills" and or "products", you can then get set up with Patreon to sell your goods and services.

(Patreon is pretty straight forward and offers ample help on their site to get a person set up. You can use direct wire transfer instead of Paypal if you want. You put up content into their template pages, pictures, stories, video samples and then they handle all the back end e-commerce for you, ergo they get a nickle to 'administer' your Patreon site. The bank or Paypal also takes a nickle for similar services on their end. Been looking into this myself a bit. What i see of it does not appear to be a scam, it's legit and all the eyes are dotted.)

I watch a fellow who is in Australia and he has done a lot of research and study on past methods of survival and thriving. He has done videos on building a kiln, making huts that are nearly as good as expansive homes, planting gardens. His fan base can sign up and get advanced made videos, a little more contact and interaction with him and he might possibly do up ebooks. Folks might only give him a buck, he gets $0.90 cents of that, Patreon gets 5 cents, PayPal gets 5 cents.

You get 90% of what you charege. So if you got level two folks giving you $25.00 for a year subscription you get 22.50. The good thing, you make "content" up ahead and then keep busy learning, living as your cache gets doled out weekly or whatever you decided on as a schedule. And you can let folks have a choice of three levels payment, or a "pay what you can" option even.

This way you're not asking "begging" for handouts. I know exactly what you mean in not asking. Too many of us round here do and no it ain't being too proud in a bad way, it's being too proud in a way that is right. At the same time people are all from birth wired to help, to do good. This is natural and don't need any teaching of any religion or ethics, morals, we're all wired this way except ... yes, the genuinely evil ones. Point being as a general rule people want to help, people don't mind paying for "handmade" crafts, or good advice from experience.

It's only money, a useless bit of crap we agree holds and measures value. We stop agreeing to that well it's useless crap only. I'm not belittling your situation, i do understand it being rough and seeming like you got a gun to your head. Well, when they put that there you just smile real nice and let them know they got to the count of three, after that you break their arm and snatch the gun away from them. Piss on them too, they ain't worth a fuck the Bozos. All they want is that idea, ... control. Fine let them have it. You still have power and freedom, they can never take those from you. Ideas are fine and all but they don't grow beans. :)

So yes, let folks help, yes, ask for help. It's took me a a while to learn that as well. Still stumble over it at times, and keep being surprised too by those who pop up and do offer help without even being asked. :) Some of us are family. :) You got hope and hope never gets lost, it's the light of love in the darkest pit.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You do any crafts? Sewing, crochet, knitting, make wooden toys, have magazine collections? Or do you got years of shortcuts to getting something done? Make a video chat session, say 10 minutes a week of talking about how to coil hose for example one week, maybe how to clean pizza pans the next. All of this can be leveraged as "skills" and or "products", you can then get set up with Patreon to sell your goods and services.

(Patreon is pretty straight forward and offers ample help on their site to get a person set up. You can use direct wire transfer instead of Paypal if you want. You put up content into their template pages, pictures, stories, video samples and then they handle all the back end e-commerce for you, ergo they get a nickle to 'administer' your Patreon site. The bank or Paypal also takes a nickle for similar services on their end. Been looking into this myself a bit. What i see of it does not appear to be a scam, it's legit and all the eyes are dotted.)

I watch a fellow who is in Australia and he has done a lot of research and study on past methods of survival and thriving. He has done videos on building a kiln, making huts that are nearly as good as expansive homes, planting gardens. His fan base can sign up and get advanced made videos, a little more contact and interaction with him and he might possibly do up ebooks. Folks might only give him a buck, he gets $0.90 cents of that, Patreon gets 5 cents, PayPal gets 5 cents.

You get 90% of what you charege. So if you got level two folks giving you $25.00 for a year subscription you get 22.50. The good thing, you make "content" up ahead and then keep busy learning, living as your cache gets doled out weekly or whatever you decided on as a schedule. And you can let folks have a choice of three levels payment, or a "pay what you can" option even.

This way you're not asking "begging" for handouts. I know exactly what you mean in not asking. Too many of us round here do and no it ain't being too proud in a bad way, it's being too proud in a way that is right. At the same time people are all from birth wired to help, to do good. This is natural and don't need any teaching of any religion or ethics, morals, we're all wired this way except ... yes, the genuinely evil ones. Point being as a general rule people want to help, people don't mind paying for "handmade" crafts, or good advice from experience.

It's only money, a useless bit of crap we agree holds and measures value. We stop agreeing to that well it's useless crap only. I'm not belittling your situation, i do understand it being rough and seeming like you got a gun to your head. Well, when they put that there you just smile real nice and let them know they got to the count of three, after that you break their arm and snatch the gun away from them. Piss on them too, they ain't worth a fuck the Bozos. All they want is that idea, ... control. Fine let them have it. You still have power and freedom, they can never take those from you. Ideas are fine and all but they don't grow beans. :)

So yes, let folks help, yes, ask for help. It's took me a a while to learn that as well. Still stumble over it at times, and keep being surprised too by those who pop up and do offer help without even being asked. :) Some of us are family. :) You got hope and hope never gets lost, it's the light of love in the darkest pit.
Thanks MMM! You've given me some points to ponder! Yes I do sew(or did years ago) plus I know how to crochet and knit.
I'm off to clean my sewing room. Thanks again!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and dont forget to GFY :D

Forecasted to be a wet miserable day today and then all the bad weather stays in the gulf. Im not complaining :teehee:

Yall fugee's have an awesome day!

VU Sponsors