Become a Patron!

ELEAF ohm meter

Sranec123

Member For 1 Year
SO yesterday i bought my first ohm meter from Eleaf and i dont know if it is normal but it is reading too high..
i supposed to had 0.28 ohm (one coil) in my dual coil build so it should be something around 0.15-0.18
but it is reading 1.17. i was thinking that it is cuz i had cotton and liquid in my dripper but now i clear it and made my first coil which is made from 27ga khantal parallel 4 wraps and it should be something around 0.5ohm but my ohm meter is reading 1.53 .. So i started thinking that it is always reading +1.00 ohm.. am i right or am i doing something wrong or i just bought totall garbage ?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
SO yesterday i bought my first ohm meter from Eleaf and i dont know if it is normal but it is reading too high..
i supposed to had 0.28 ohm (one coil) in my dual coil build so it should be something around 0.15-0.18
but it is reading 1.17. i was thinking that it is cuz i had cotton and liquid in my dripper but now i clear it and made my first coil which is made from 27ga khantal parallel 4 wraps and it should be something around 0.5ohm but my ohm meter is reading 1.53 .. So i started thinking that it is always reading +1.00 ohm.. am i right or am i doing something wrong or i just bought totall garbage ?
- Do you have a regulated mod, in order to confirm the readings?
- how much did you tighten the screws that hold the coil(s)? Way too tight, could cause more resistance.
- most reliable Ohm readers https://usaohmmeters.com

Sranec123

Member For 1 Year
i have mechanical mod (Wismec RX Machina) i tighten the screws as much as i feel okay.. no too tight but no to lose .. but idk how but i play a little bit with 510 adapter and it seems alright now.. i tried it even with multimeter and now it seems okay with this ohm meter i hope this will not repeat..

BTW thanks u for your tips i might use them sometimes :)

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I have that same ohm meter, picked it up as I was new to vaping, by I now I got a better one. The meter you're talking about will read only single coil, no matter what you do, plus it always adds an additional 0.30 to it. It adds both coils ohms together instead of actually dividing it, guess that's Chinese math for you ;)

Example one day it was reading 1.0 ohm with two coils on the deck, it did threw me off, even tho I knew that ohms can vary I thought that's a bit far. I kid you not, that day I rebuild my coils like 23 times, I even made a post on the forum lol. Finally I was fed up and connected the atomizer to my mod, sure and behold that mod was reading the coil @ 0.25. I was so mad that I wasted all that wire lol.

So yeah, keep that in mind when building or use your mod to build on, it will save you some frustration.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
As insane as it sounds they discontinued making Ohm Meters
That sucks! What could have made them to leave that product? I don't think the FDA regulations could have any influence.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors