Become a Patron!
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems like everything else is salvageable - I'll post a pic for everyone to decide...

Soldering skills are rusty at best - haven't had any reason to solder anything in a long time. :(
Old cellphone, rip it apart and get your chops up to speed.
Also you have the box time to hunt for buttons and a fat daddy connection and heavier gauge wires and BINGO a pretty hardcore dna set up.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good night all, If I stay on here any longer I will forget to go to sleep. I really enjoy reading all of the great information thanks all!!

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old cellphone, rip it apart and get your chops up to speed.
Also you have the box time to hunt for buttons and a fat daddy connection and heavier gauge wires and BINGO a pretty hardcore dna set up.
Well, that just means I need to get a soldering kit first. And a button. And a fat daddy connection. And wires. Let's not forget about the old cellphone! LOL :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what it looks like:
705d4e4e7266b1cad92f9250d16a7ef8.jpg

92602e72043ccfb61b098da956b6a015.jpg

dfd5a6f2cf887f032cf7ad1c512aeb1d.jpg

I'm afraid to put a battery back in and see if it still works. :(

Can I even (still) use the battery that came out of it?!

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just come to find out the AeroTank Mega glass tank sitting on top of it is now sporting a nice long crack. Still have the SS tank, but it's nice to be able to see how much juice is left in the tank. Anyone know where to get replacement glass tanks?

This day sucks. :(

MacFalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@bystander How much do you want for it? I feel I can make use of it. Serious offer.

My good prayers/thoughts/wishes to all that are ill. Hope you get well soon.

Last edited:

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well good news with a new board and some time it could be fixed or just hand it over...lol

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The board looks pretty fried. I wouldn't try to use it again. I can't comment on the battery, not enough knowledge, too much potential danger. Sorry for the rough luck. The good news is there seems to be plenty of room to work with if you want to get a new chip.

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Interesting stuff. How'd you decide to start doing that? Are there others doing it, or are you the trend setter?
Started when I was around 12. Didn't have many action figures, and the ones I did have were non-articulated as hell. So, I made own figures by weaving twist ties together. No idea how I figured it out, it happened pretty organically. After posting on reddit, I found out I'm not alone, but mine seem to be very different than any others I have seen. I'm waaaay out of practice making these, doubt I could make the smaller ones so easily now. But I can still do it.

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just received my order from VW can't wait to try them!!! Do I need to let them steep or are the good to go?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Unless the battery vented or has a scorch mark in the side of it... yes you can use it.
I would not put a battery back in that. Holy lacking shrink wrap and over hot glue... you can see where the board was shorting out against the hot glue which caused a rather hot and prolonged arc to the wall between the board and battery.
the box is fine minus the scorch mark, I would scrap the guts and rebuild but that is just me. I would have been sweating bullets and shitting twinkies over those WTF bare wire battery contacts.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Started when I was around 12. Didn't have many action figures, and the ones I did have were non-articulated as hell. So, I made own figures by weaving twist ties together. No idea how I figured it out, it happened pretty organically. After posting on reddit, I found out I'm not alone, but mine seem to be very different than any others I have seen. I'm waaaay out of practice making these, doubt I could make the smaller ones so easily now. But I can still do it.
You've got some serious talent. Very cool man!

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You've got some serious talent. Very cool man!

Thank you so much, the green ties I grabbed from the target produce section when I was a teen. Took a few trips since I didn't want to take all at once and the guy in my avatar took so many!

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just received my order from VW can't wait to try them!!! Do I need to let them steep or are the good to go?

All Vaping Watch juices are steeped to perfection and completely ready to be vaped right out of the mailbox. :) What juices did you end up getting?

Last edited:

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless the battery vented or has a scorch mark in the side of it... yes you can use it.
I would not put a battery back in that. Holy lacking shrink wrap and over hot glue... you can see where the board was shorting out against the hot glue which caused a rather hot and prolonged arc to the wall between the board and battery.
the box is fine minus the scorch mark, I would scrap the guts and rebuild but that is just me. I would have been sweating bullets and shitting twinkies over those WTF bare wire battery contacts.
Looks like the battery's clean - no marks or bulges or anything. Where to get building supplies and the board...?

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In other news... VAPEMAIL! Just received my order and I'm unpacking as we speak. @VaporWatch packs these things like the valuable specimen that they are... will try to post a pic later :)

VapeOn86

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In other news... VAPEMAIL! Just received my order and I'm unpacking as we speak. @VaporWatch packs these things like the valuable specimen that they are... will try to post a pic later :)

I know! They really are packed nicely. I've never seen anything like it before! I doubt even the most rough journey through USPS could break a bottle...lol

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whats a good rebuildable for someone just starting to use them? Is a Penelope obsolete now?? I have 1 collecting dust but i have seen some pretty nice ones lately

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Justme, whatever you do, do NOT try an igo w3! I made that mistake! It has five posts and it is difficult to get your fingers in there to position the coils. Anything with 3 posts and good air flow would be much better. Some of them need the air holes drilled to give better performance.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats a good rebuildable for someone just starting to use them? Is a Penelope obsolete now?? I have 1 collecting dust but i have seen some pretty nice ones lately
I've only ever used simple 3 post drippers. Of those I've tried, I definitely like the TOBH clone the best. Really easy to build. Good airflow.

A_Wild_Yeap_Appears!

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

The cloud chasers had a thread going on and on about the mutation x, I have no personal experience, but will be keeping it on my list unless something else knocks it off. Air holes + a good deck to build on are my wants for my first RBA.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The cloud chasers had a thread going on and on about the mutation x, I have no personal experience, but will be keeping it on my list unless something else knocks it off. Air holes + a good deck to build on are my wants for my first RBA.
The x looks really nice. That's on the Christmas list for sure.

MacFalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Just Me, According to my experience building, and listening to others that also build, I recommend the following for low price and ease of build. In no particular order:

Patriot
Stillaire
Tobh
Cerebus
Trident - Custom Mod version(Artemus)
Tugboat
All are fine attys, really easy to build on, and easy to experiment with. Best, they won't break the bank. Have fun.

Vaping Marcy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Howdy Y'all!

So, we just ended the "Huge Mega Monster Contest" and the results are coming soon.

I wanted to have a place that stirs up discussion and general chat but also gives me somewhere to go when I just feel like giving stuff away. So here's the deal....I will, at random times, pop in here and choose an individual or a post for a prize. What's the prize? Well, it really could be anything from a free driptip to a MVP to a Provari to a shopping spree! Basically, I'm saying it could be whatever I think of at the time! I will promise one thing......I promise I will give away at least one (1) prize worth $200 or more in this thread every month!

I'm not gonna set a specific time or number of posts or anything like that.......I'm going to do this totally randomly. I might pick a numbered post or a person....I might do it in the middle of the night or at lunchtime or anytime in between.

SO! Come on in, hang out.....chat about whatever in the world you want to! Who knows.....you just might win something really cool!

Perrisbabe is being evicted from her home due to no fault of her own (her landlord wants to move in his friend). She is on SSD and cannot afford to do this with such short notice.
She will require deposit , 1st month rent, and last month rent along with moving cost. Also tranfer of utilities.

We have all experianced Perrisbabes generousity. Lets show her how our love and appreciation. - See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/other/perrisbabe-emergancy-relocation/235498#sthash.3B9TfDSf.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors