Become a Patron!

Erlkonigin Clone. It's a winner.

So far so good. Good build quality, easy to rebuild, light weight, top fill, wide range of airflow adjustment., good capacity (6ml). Downside I need to find a glass tank. For $40 this vapes like a champ.

Attachments

• IMG_20141005_153741_resized.jpg
    IMG_20141005_153741_resized.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 259

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I am going to get one of these at some point, got into trying all the different tanks now a days. only negs is the screw drip tip and plastic tank, but seen people saying you can get a glass tank IBTtanked, that will work for it ;)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad that you like it.

If they come out with a version that takes no more than 4ml, 510 drip tip and a glass tank I would consider it.

But to heck with me! As long as you love it, I like you loving it!

Glad that you like it.

If they come out with a version that takes no more than 4ml, 510 drip tip and a glass tank I would consider it.

You can buy a nano tank, drip tip adapter, replacement glass tank... or did you mean cloned accessories?

Also, the 8ml tank is about the same size as my kayfun FWIW.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that's pretty cool. That would be astounding if more makers would pickup on this idea.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really a clone so much as a "lite" version.
FT has three clones ATM from $15.75 up to $20.75.
The $20 one is headed - however slowly - my way.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This has all the appearance of a minefield! Which one to get?! So many makers for this clone... really plays into i2r's hands, when the prinz is (presumably) as good to vape as any of them, and you'll know what you're getting. I'm just going to watch for now :)

jonner

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any news on a Nano clone coming out soon? Before I drop big bucks on the real deal?

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone get one of these in yet? Kinda trying to get a feel for how they vape. I've got them all kayfun, Russian, Orchid.... blah blah and I'm now going between this or a Rose V2.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad that you like it.

agreed maybe a nano version, even a nano version would hold like 5ml lol

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a Lemo? I like that over the Orchid. This looks to be the next one to try out.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh forgot to say I have a Squape Reloaded as well. Lemo? Not sure I have seen that name pop up. I'm not so sure on this one. Mainly just looking for good air flow and I guess the orchid takes it on that.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the FT boxed version with the delrin tip showed up finally. I can say that it's working fine with no issues at all. Nice and light. I have it on an Istick. Building and wicking with JC dead easy. I actually prefer the delrin tip as this is my out and about rig and the delrin is easier on the teeth when things get a little bumpy. Given my experience with the Hcigar HC I don't know that I would want the glass tank. (The tank slides over o-rings to seal on that as well. I'd definitely want spares.) I don't really use tank cracker juices so no need. I just left the AC ring off. I'd guess that most of these will be just fine if the design appeals to you.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just noticed that one with both the SS and poly sleeve for the tank has come in on fasttech. You might not be able to see your juice level with it, but tank cracker juices and drops are not going to hurt it as bad. Plus it comes with the 510 adapter to let you use any drip tip you want. I'm just back and forth over this and the Rose. Thinking I'm going to order both and just see which one works better for me.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You'll like them both I think. Airflow is a little tighter on the Rose and coiling it is a bit more fiddly, but good flavor. I do love that base, I use it to build everything. I probably would have gone with that Erl but it wasn't up yet when mine began it's odyssey west.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone get one of these in yet? Kinda trying to get a feel for how they vape. I've got them all kayfun, Russian, Orchid.... blah blah and I'm now going between this or a Rose V2.

Yeah, I got one - 1893602. And a couple more on the way - 1893600, 1909900. Treading the minefield, lol!

Pretty airy! A doddle to build on. Couple of minor issues though - on mine, the piece that has the 510 threads on was slightly too tall making it wobble, and the 510 centre screw is too short meaning it didn't fire on anything I've got. A bit of filing and an o-ring under the screw sorted those out. Vapes well :)

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now if they would just get in a SMPL clone I would be golden. But yeah I'm thinking they would both be good from what I'm hearing. I do really like a airy draw, but I've heard so many good things about the flavor of the Rose. Then it comes with that base to build off of. As for now with just ordering the Little boy, Hobo V2, Tugboat V2, and the Dark Horse I'm good on drippers for a long while. Was trying to be picky with the new tanks that came out, but lol in the end I'll own them all. Might as well just save some wait and get them both instead of multiple orders.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For got to add the lancia I picked up from 101vapes that's due here tomorrow lol. I really need to start getting rid of my old stuff to make some room. It's starting to look like a convention at my computer table.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I got one - 1893602. And a couple more on the way - 1893600, 1909900. Treading the minefield, lol!

Pretty airy! A doddle to build on. Couple of minor issues though - on mine, the piece that has the 510 threads on was slightly too tall making it wobble, and the 510 centre screw is too short meaning it didn't fire on anything I've got. A bit of filing and an o-ring under the screw sorted those out. Vapes well :)
Same one, no wobble but could use the o-ring. Just backed the screw out ever so slightly and it's steady on the Istick for now. I'll dig up an o-ring on the next build now that it's confirmed to work. The way different versions of this are popping up you'd think it was a kayfun. I like the vape as well and am really liking the weight savings.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Picked up the SMPL and the Munstro. Now if they would just get the Brass and SS version lol. Thinking about going back for the prime and the vertex in black. Might hold off though. A LOT is coming out and might want to just let the dust settle some since prices will most likely drop.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now for FT to start carrying individual tanks, tips and adapters for the Erl. I just ordered a couple of spare ceramic cups for the Rose from them.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still have not ordered one. The new crap hitting FT messed me up. I'll have both ordered by the end of the month though. Rose and Erl that is. Got 2 SMPL's from there and canceled one cause people in the forums noticed a seam on the top of the mod. Now just going to wait for a while like I said before till things settle down with all these new clones hitting the market. Get in some reviews on a lot before buying.

Gotta stop being so "buy" happy then realizing it's not what I wanted either before shipping or after. Nice thing about FT though you can get those instant vouchers if you cancel an order that you can use when you find what you for sure want.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well you have plenty of time to cancel waiting for that new toy you just had to have to "ship in x days".:)

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I picked up one of the IBTanked pyrex tanks. (Cracked the plastic one already, c'mon FT stock replacements!) Comes shipped in film canister style plastic container with o-rings. Which you will need as the tank is 1.5mm thick glass and requires thinner rings to install (at least on my clone). The tank is also 22mm OD so it will look slightly fatter. For $5 not bad.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up one of the IBTanked pyrex tanks. (Cracked the plastic one already, c'mon FT stock replacements!) Comes shipped in film canister style plastic container with o-rings. Which you will need as the tank is 1.5mm thick glass and requires thinner rings to install (at least on my clone). The tank is also 22mm OD so it will look slightly fatter. For $5 not bad.

Should be able to get around 20 spare tanks out of this:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any trick to pulling out the center pin on a FT clone? Just got it and want to drill etc. to max out airflow. Pin seems stubbornly stuck in there though and I'm shy to force it.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should be able to get around 20 spare tanks out of this:

Yup, you probably can. After buying a pack of test tubes to fit my HC and playing around with cutting it and matching rings to fit I was quite happy to spend $5 on one ready to go.:)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, you probably can. After buying a pack of test tubes to fit my HC and playing around with cutting it and matching rings to fit I was quite happy to spend $5 on one ready to go.:)

I hear ya. ;) Cutting and finishing Pyrex is a whole other story.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wowzers. That's bigger than my old 10ml tanks..LOL...

At what point does the sheer weight of the liquid cause vacuum and/or pressure issues though?
Most of the reallllly big tanks I remember were top coil or gennies...not sure where the limit is on bottom coils?

15 ml plus. I have vaped this from top to bottom (always leaving air space when filling) and it works normally with the Orchid. The weight of the juice proves insignificant re vacuum. Have no idea how big you could go. This one is already over the top!

Meanwhile... Almost finished with Orchid "Big Gulp" here. 15+ ml and 4200 mah. All the internal work is done. Base will be sculpted amoeba-like all around tight to the atty and mod. One nice feature: mod contact pin screw accessed from the bottom of the base so contact can be kept tight tight tight. Very handy with pinless 2Six and 4Nine mods.

PB192015 edit.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
15 ml plus. I have vaped this from top to bottom (always leaving air space when filling) and it works normally with the Orchid. The weight of the juice proves insignificant re vacuum. Have no idea how big you could go. This one is already so excessive!

Almost finished with Orchid "Big Gulp" here. 15+ ml and 4200 mah. All the internal work is done. Base will be sculpted amoeba-like all around tight to the atty and mod. One nice feature: mod contact pin screw adjustable from the bottom of the base. Very handy with 2Six and 4Nine pinless mods.

View attachment 9079

tumblr_li0n7kDb7d1qboo0p.gif

Daayum....you done modded the bejeezus outa that... :D

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
I've had the Erlk clone from Angelcigs for a couple of weeks now. $21 shipped. Got it in 4 days. It's brilliant except for the draw which is a little tight. If you prime a new wick well, it will not leak!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Erlk clone from Angelcigs for a couple of weeks now. $21 shipped. Got it in 4 days. It's brilliant except for the draw which is a little tight. If you prime a new wick well, it will not leak!

Yeah, the draw. :( Disappointed. I can see this will have at best only incrementally better airflow than Kayfun. Got it totally disassembled and damn: same air through the center pin design. The biggest I would be able to drill it out is 2.4mm. The bottom venting is indeed much more open than Kayfun, but that 2.4mm will be the limitation. Too bad, because there is so much in the design that I like. But no way it's gonna be a superior single coil lung hitter.

NEXT! Splurge on a Lemo? Or just get back on the learning curve of Sat22's wicking. That one is still promising. :)

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the draw. :( Disappointed. I can see this will have at best only incrementally better airflow than Kayfun. Got it totally disassembled and damn: same air through the center pin design. The biggest I would be able to drill it out is 2.4mm. The bottom venting is indeed much more open than Kayfun, but that 2.4mm will be the limitation. Too bad, because there is so much in the design that I like. But no way it's gonna be a superior single coil lung hitter.

NEXT! Splurge on a Lemo? Or just get back on the learning curve of Sat22's wicking. That one is still promising. :)

I hear ya, @TheWestPole . I love an airy draw. I HATE attys that leak. I need an RTA that doesn't leak while on the go. Erlkonigin has a replacement center pin with an "open draw". I believe it's 2mm and costs $20(?!?). FT has a model that comes standard with the open draw center pin. Apparently, it really makes a difference. If you can drill your pin to 2.4mm, you may be happy.

I am well past leaking gear; just not interested. I sold my Genny because it leaked like a sieve. I have three KF styles that also leak on the go. I can build them so they don't leak. But then they vape like crap. The Erlk is the compromise that I'm willing to make: great wicking, amazing flavor, good vapor, easy build and darned near leak-proof. Yes, the draw is a bit tight; vapor production does not reach the level of an RDA. I'll survive. When I can, I use my Veritas or PlumeVeil for the airiness and top flavor.

Almost all of the current bottom coil devices are vacuum fed, tying draw to juice feed. Until we design something new, each of us will have to compromise in one direction or another. A friend has the LEMO. It's really airy, feeds/wicks great, tastes great and throws vapor. Orient it so vacuum is lost and it leaks like an SOB. If I could pick it up for $20, I'd probably have one for around the house. At $40, I think I'll pass.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya, @TheWestPole . I love an airy draw. I HATE attys that leak. I need an RTA that doesn't leak while on the go. Erlkonigin has a replacement center pin with an "open draw". I believe it's 2mm and costs $20(?!?). FT has a model that comes standard with the open draw center pin. Apparently, it really makes a difference. If you can drill your pin to 2.4mm, you may be happy.

I am well past leaking gear; just not interested. I sold my Genny because it leaked like a sieve. I have three KF styles that also leak on the go. I can build them so they don't leak. But then they vape like crap. The Erlk is the compromise that I'm willing to make: great wicking, amazing flavor, good vapor, easy build and darned near leak-proof. Yes, the draw is a bit tight; vapor production does not reach the level of an RDA. I'll survive. When I can, I use my Veritas or PlumeVeil for the airiness and top flavor.

Almost all of the current bottom coil devices are vacuum fed, tying draw to juice feed. Until we design something new, each of us will have to compromise in one direction or another. A friend has the LEMO. It's really airy, feeds/wicks great, tastes great and throws vapor. Orient it so vacuum is lost and it leaks like an SOB. If I could pick it up for $20, I'd probably have one for around the house. At $40, I think I'll pass.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

Well said 2 cents. Leak prone attys are out of the question. For my use on the go, which is to say in shirt pocket and upright, I have several types that prove leak free. Orchid is my primary, though in stealth rigs with a single 18350 you can go through the battery pretty fast. KFLs will last longer, but after many weeks with the Orchid I'm becoming unhappy with the tight draw. So Kayfun, including Minis, are on their way to being shelved. Sat22 is still standing: small, tasty and satisfying when drilled to the draw I like. Haven't mastered the wicking yet, but haven't given up either.

I'm still on the fence whether to drill out Erlkonigin to the max or get rid of it while it's still unused. Your comment is one check in the column for giving it a try. The other is how much I like its space efficient design, particularly the base/deck.

Passing on Lemo too. It's going to breathe great but will still be too big for stealth rigs.

If I can't find a way to keep a Sat22 wick consistently juiced, I will simply accept that my stealth rigs have to be upsized to 18500 and have Orchid my primary for on the road as well as at home. Could be worse fates. ;)

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Well said 2 cents. Leak prone attys are out of the question. For my use on the go, which is to say in shirt pocket and upright, I have several types that prove leak free. Orchid is my primary, though in stealth rigs with a single 18350 you can go through the battery pretty fast. KFLs will last longer, but after many weeks with the Orchid I'm becoming unhappy with the tight draw. So Kayfun, including Minis, are on their way to being shelved. Sat22 is still standing: small, tasty and satisfying when drilled to the draw I like. Haven't mastered the wicking yet, but haven't given up either.

I'm still on the fence whether to drill out Erlkonigin to the max or get rid of it while it's still unused. Your comment is one check in the column for giving it a try. The other is how much I like its space efficient design, particularly the base/deck.

Passing on Lemo too. It's going to breathe great but will still be too big for stealth rigs.

If I can't find a way to keep a Sat22 wick consistently juiced, I will simply accept that my stealth rigs have to be upsized to 18500 and have Orchid my primary for on the road as well as at home. Could be worse fates. ;)

Great points. This little discussion has made me want to open up the center pin on my Erlk. Maybe I'll pull my needle files out the next time I rebuild and see if that's an option. I have a drill press. But Murphy's Law tells my I'd find a way to bugger the center pin and I'd be without my new primary vape. :eek:

The Erlk @ 7ml is bigger than I need. I've only put more than 5ml in it once. With its space efficient design that you mentioned, I'm waiting for the nano kit to come out of China. An Erlk Nano on an iStick or Vapor Shark would be a pretty brilliant stealth vape for me.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great points. This little discussion has made me want to open up the center pin on my Erlk. Maybe I'll pull my needle files out the next time I rebuild and see if that's an option. I have a drill press. But Murphy's Law tells my I'd find a way to bugger the center pin and I'd be without my new primary vape. :eek:

The Erlk @ 7ml is bigger than I need. I've only put more than 5ml in it once. With its space efficient design that you mentioned, I'm waiting for the nano kit to come out of China. An Erlk Nano on an iStick or Vapor Shark would be a pretty brilliant stealth vape for me.

Hear ya. Murphy and I collaborate frequently. I scrapped my first KFL pin drilling for air. Kept the broken part as a reminder. ;)

VU Sponsors