Become a Patron!

Favorites for the tiny Kangertech RBA (PLUS)

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey gals/guys,
I recently posted a semi-lengthy three about a new Kangertech TCP build that I was toying with the last couple weeks, I don't wanna clog up the post with a quite since it was so pic heavy, but here's a link and a pic
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/kangertech-rba-build-tc-pic-heavy.204093/

so, although this made a nice, very warm and flavor also vape, I was notice that just after a couple days of use, that the spacing would become inconsistent and it would cook very uneven burning small areas of cotton. Some would get squeezed together during wicking and some would just not clerk the chimney after moving with lots of chain vapes. I am hoping to get some insight on what people run theirs with, I know the sub-tanks are extremely popular and I shouldn't have a hard time finding fellow owners.

The most consistent TCP coils set-up so far seems to be the dual-coil that runs an individual coil on each side(in front of wick holes, running similar to a velocity set-up. And although wise man would just say if "it ain't broke", but I love to tinker. I found in the last two days that a twisted 8 wrap, 26ga 316 and 28 Ni200, with a 3.0 fits well, and I can tell it's using the Ni since the ohm's are right above min for my NeBox @ .11. Great vape, could be warmer, super cloudy with a slightly muted flavor compared to others. My complaint, besides mild decrease in flavor, it that it seems to the 3-4 good heats before the coil if "pre-heated" enough, but it's growing n me, and the TC seems to run great with the SS almost acting as a spacing. My wife loves it for some reason, I think she like that the slower heat up compared to single strands allows longer fuller hit without becoming "too much, too fast". I don't actually "dislike" it, but it runs much better at 80ish watts than on the 60w the NeBox can run. This would be great for some running running a sub-tank on a 75watt plus

here's the twisted after a full day at 52w and 400 degrees. This one actually fits without getting distorted by the cap or the wicking, just a little much for my all-in-work, working on the wah-mbulace device

so whats your favorites? I have several of wire available, 26ga SS and Kantha, 28ga SS, .Ni200 and Kanthal, 30ga Ni200 and 32ga Kanthal.

Thanks, I am excited to see the possibilities

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since trying clapton coil, that is all I use, the flavor is awesome ;)

qTiOiUg.jpg

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clapton coils were fun in the rba, but I really enjoyed my dual coil build. Eventually took it out because the vape was too hot. Never wanted to remove it because it was a huge PITA to actually install and get working correctly (i.e. no coils touching and fitting within the rba cap)

Attachments

• IMG_3613.JPG
    IMG_3613.JPG
    945 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3615.JPG
    IMG_3615.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 71

Tootall

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 26 gauge nickel 5 wraps gently spaced and it works real nice. I do flip my coils so they are clover to my air flow upside down from the way they suggest but it seems to work better for me. It ohms out at around .05 to .06

Poppa (K)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since trying clapton coil, that is all I use, the flavor is awesome ;)

qTiOiUg.jpg
this was my first build deck. i still use it. i'm going to be filing the wire slot on mine so that i can fit a fused clapton in.

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank-you for the kanger tutorial. The kanger RBA is very popular like u said, I'm sure this will help may ppl. I been doing standard micro, 5 wraps kanthal 26g builds on the rba for my Subtank mini and nebox. Was looking for something more creative, and boom this post was like top 4 on the forum list.
Just got some new ss316 wire in. And gonna use ur pics as a guide

Last edited:

Redscaddy22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a question for @skizzums

When you twist two different types of wires say ss316 and nickle , what do you put your device on? In SS temp control or ni ? And what about if u twist kanthal and ss316 together would u run that in tc mode or power mode?

VU Sponsors