Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Back to FA and just mixing up new stuff, between Will, HIC, Smokey, I'm sitting here thinking.... "Why bother". Most of these recipies are so good and y'all are making new ones at the speed of light that all I have to do is just pick and choose and mix yours.

Speaking of that.... what gotta-have, holiday-type recipes do we still need? I'm outta festive ideas. (no Tball - not turkey!)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of that.... what gotta-have, holiday-type recipes do we still need? I'm outta festive ideas. (no Tball - not turkey!)
Since I was a mere youngster, My Dad alway had us kids a "Book of Life Savers" under the tree or in the stocking (we're going back to the sixties here..EARLY 60's. Ive kept the tradition alive and have given my kids those books and like wise with the grandkids.

OK HIC... Here you go. Its not really Christmassy.....but.......how bout one day, you make alll the favorite lifesavers vapes and you can call it "The life Saver Book" and list all the recipies under that title. :cool:;):):rolleyes:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I was a mere youngster, My Dad alway had us kids a "Book of Life Savers" under the tree or in the stocking (we're going back to the sixties here..EARLY 60's. Ive kept the tradition alive and have given my kids those books and like wise with the grandkids.

OK HIC... Here you go. Its not really Christmassy.....but.......how bout one day, you make alll the favorite lifesavers vapes and you can call it "The life Saver Book" and list all the recipies under that title. :cool:;):):rolleyes:
I for one would be your bestest friend in the world :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gold Rush Season premiere coming up!!

I just made a holiday-ish vape. More like maybe a Thanksgiving one. If it's not a fail, I'll post. I hope it's not a fail. I've been highly un-original.

I used to get the Lifesaver's books from my grandparents every year. so fun.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I only like orange, sometimes cherry. I used to like Butter Rum but haven't seen those in ages. What's your favorite lifesaver, Thunderball?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mmmmmmmm turkey. Im making one tomorrow. thanks for the idea hahaha. .... I put lifesavers books for the kids to haha. and a " tube of love" I wrap a paper towel roll with wrapping paper and put some mushy note in it. the girl and the wife love it. the boy and the baby just shred through everything else lol

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only like orange, sometimes cherry. I used to like Butter Rum but haven't seen those in ages. What's your favorite lifesaver, Thunderball?
You named my favorite two. Cherry and Butter Rum. Come to think of it, the Orange would be in third place and oddly enough, the one I disliked as a kid I do like now which is Pinnapple. But Cherry is #1

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Gold Rush Season premiere coming up!!

I just made a holiday-ish vape. More like maybe a Thanksgiving one. If it's not a fail, I'll post. I hope it's not a fail. I've been highly un-original.

I used to get the Lifesaver's books from my grandparents every year. so fun.
I love gold rush, and you better post that recipe Im sure its great !

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mmmmmmmm turkey. Im making one tomorrow. thanks for the idea hahaha. .... I put lifesavers books for the kids to haha. and a " tube of love" I wrap a paper towel roll with wrapping paper and put some mushy note in it. the girl and the wife love it. the boy and the baby just shred through everything else lol
You just talked me into smoking something tomorrow........hmmm..... Baby backs ? Chicken wings? A couple butts ? MAYBE ALL THREE ?? Mmmmm

Gotta start that early. Good luck finding a non frozen Turkey. I wonder....

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can not believe he has that Christmas tree up already - I haven't even started Christmas shopping! However, I sense a challenge - who's to say I can't put mine up too, hmmm? My daughter would think I'd entirely lost my mind, but on the other hand it would have a nice long season and might actually inspire me to plan ahead:p

Oh, I need a mince pie vape - with cream!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

That's cool man, I always got those books too when I was a kid. The girls don't care much for lifesavers, not even the gummy ones, so gotta work the grandkids angle too.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sitting here vaping my hot chocolate and omg.. ;)
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smokys-hot-chocolate-w-cream-cherry.23116/#post-137710

but thinking i need my jack :p
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/gentleman-jack.6511/#post-108802

but if i did jack, i might play around with some vz ad fa tobaccos.. maybe add in some light spice too..
still cant find my irish coffee recipe:oops:
I see you have that VZ Choc Truffle as an added suggestion in the Hot Choc recipie. Im gonna have to order that one day.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, nothing says 'holidays' like pie that uses suet as an ingredient - hahaha! (seriously...you eat that?)
MMMMMMnnnnnnn mince meat tarts . Oh my god, YUMMERS ! I buy the mince meat filling already made and put half of a 26oz bottle of dark rum in and let it ferment. OH OH OH those tarts are almost better than sex. Dam now I'm drooling.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, nothing says 'holidays' like pie that uses suet as an ingredient - hahaha! (seriously...you eat that?)

LOL suet is disgusting! Most people just make them with mince meat in a regular pastry tart - delicious especially when the mince meat spills over the edges in the oven and makes the pastry chewy and delicious!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can not believe he has that Christmas tree up already - I haven't even started Christmas shopping! However, I sense a challenge - who's to say I can't put mine up too, hmmm? My daughter would think I'd entirely lost my mind, but on the other hand it would have a nice long season and might actually inspire me to plan ahead:p

Oh, I need a mince pie vape - with cream!
Now THAT is a really great thought! @wllmc started somethin' here! Except, I always have a real tree up... please no bashing. I'll play the "miss my mom and dad" card. I will!

Glen would trip a fit if he came in from work to a Christmas tree!

Tball, you're just now seeing the Liquor cabinet? First time I saw that posted, I was FLOORED! That was some genius work there.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now THAT is a really great thought! @wllmc started somethin' here! Except, I always have a real tree up... please no bashing. I'll play the "miss my mom and dad" card. I will!

Glen would trip a fit if he came in from work to a Christmas tree!

Tball, you're just now seeing the Liquor cabinet? First time I saw that posted, I was FLOORED! That was some genius work there.

I bought real trees for the first 5-7 years of my daughter's life, but it was so hard lugging them in by myself when she was too small to help. So the first fake tree was a whole jigsaw puzzle to put together - each branch had to be put on, and it wasn't prelit, so it took about 5 hours just to put the friggin thing up, and then it still had to be decorated and lit. Last year I finally broke down and bought a pretty one with the lights already on it - so easy to put up! So, err...now I have TWO christmas trees in the garage taking up space LOL

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought real trees for the first 5-7 years of my daughter's life, but it was so hard lugging them in by myself when she was too small to help. So the first fake tree was a whole jigsaw puzzle to put together - each branch had to be put on, and it wasn't prelit, so it took about 5 hours just to put the friggin thing up, and then it still had to be decorated and lit. Last year I finally broke down and bought a pretty one with the lights already on it - so easy to put up! So, err...now I have TWO christmas trees in the garage taking up space LOL
LOL, you should have seen me before he came along. Me, buying a tree from the Scouts, attempting to fit it into my trunk because I only live around the corner and down the street from their selling spot. That was fun. Crazy chick driving in the turning lane, flashers on, big ass tree hanging out from the trunk of a lil camry. Good times...

I bet your daughter has fun memories attached to both trees now.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
MMMMMMnnnnnnn mince meat tarts . Oh my god, YUMMERS ! I buy the mince meat filling already made and put half of a 26oz bottle of dark rum in and let it ferment. OH OH OH those tarts are almost better than sex. Dam now I'm drooling.

From a recipe I found online, instructions for that creation:
"Don't worry about the appearance of the mincemeat, it will look like it's swimming in fat, but this is how it should look! As it cools stir it from time to time and the fat will coagulate and instead of it being in tiny shreds it will encase all the other ingredients. When the mincemeat is cold stir in the brandy."

mmmm, coagulated cold suet... lmao!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From a recipe I found online, instructions for that creation:
"Don't worry about the appearance of the mincemeat, it will look like it's swimming in fat, but this is how it should look! As it cools stir it from time to time and the fat will coagulate and instead of it being in tiny shreds it will encase all the other ingredients. When the mincemeat is cold stir in the brandy."

mmmm, coagulated cold suet... lmao!

Ah - from the suet! I think even my mother used the Cross and Blackwell version from a jar LOL

A vape version would be delish! Starting with forest fruits, maybe? And lots of brandy!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looking forward to it. Now I need to get Forest Fruit. Never got that one, either. Fun!

VU Sponsors