wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha... USA Red is one of the Hangsen I just tried. I'm not known for using high percents of flavorings, especially tobaccos, but I got decent flavor from that one only when I vaped it at 100%, straight from the bottle. lol! I have some steeping at 6% and 25% to see if that changes over time, but I'm totally unimpressed with that one, Congress, Indian, and Highway. I needed 100% on all those, fresh-mixed. If 25% develops some flavor after steeping, I'll have to eat my hat.
the funniest thing about this is you are steeping ! haha. thats crazy man. I talked to someone one time that dripped straight FA bilberry . thankfully they lived but thats got to take some guts HIC to say ok Im going to vape this at 100% !!!!! lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
the funniest thing about this is you are steeping ! haha. thats crazy man. I talked to someone one time that dripped straight FA bilberry . thankfully they lived but thats got to take some guts HIC to say ok Im going to vape this at 100% !!!!! lol.

Of course I started at 2%...5%...10%. Felt like an idiot going in such small steps, so 25%, 50%, WTF vape it straight. Oh, there's the flavor. hahaha!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Of course I started at 2%...5%...10%. Felt like an idiot going in such small steps, so 25%, 50%, WTF vape it straight. Oh, there's the flavor. hahaha!
hahahahahaa love it. ya I bet its mislabeled.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As far as I've seen there is only FA and Capella Fig. FA is a little green but it's really good. Capella is a little too ripe. I don't really even mess with that one anymore because of the high percentage needed.

Oh, I have FA Fig and I dig it, but I wanted to see all the posts about it here lined up in a row. It looks like I will have to sift!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You being a taster no way could you do any flavoring at 100% without gagging :confused: So yeah someone labeled that stuff wrong:eek:

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me? I'm looking for a new recipe; HIC's Top Hat Tobacco. Just teasing HIC :). My current list of favored Hangsen tobaccos includes Arabic, British, Indian, Gold and Silver, Magic Mix, RY3, RY1, Number 5, DE Tobacco, CO Tobacco, Desert Ship, Fortune Strike. Flue Cured, Tab Blend and Highway are good but milder flavors. Red USA strikes me as similar to their RY4.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, I have FA Fig and I dig it, but I wanted to see all the posts about it here lined up in a row. It looks like I will have to sift!
I wonder if they could change that in their search feature somehow? Dixie had the same trouble trying to search RY4.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not sure what percentage I used Hangsen's Tab, but it steeped into an off taste. At first it was almost spot-on Dekang DK-Tab, but after a some steep time (don't remember exactly how long), it got sharp and sorta acrid, but it was pretty good to begin with.

@Huckleberried, I will look into seeing if that can be changed by admin.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure what percentage I used Hangsen's Tab, but it steeped into an off taste. At first it was almost spot-on Dekang DK-Tab, but after a some steep time (don't remember exactly how long), it got sharp and sorta acrid, but it was pretty good to begin with.

@Huckleberried, I will look into seeing if that can be changed by admin.
I know there a figgy cheesecake in the recipe section, and I could have sworn @HIC posted a figgy pudding at some point too. If I'm mistaken on the latter just give it time. Sounds like he's gearing up for Holiday vapes already.

"We won't go until we get some, we won't go until we get some..."

LOL, now I have that song stuck in my head.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Try these in google:
+"fig" site:vapingunderground.com
+"fig" site:http://vapingunderground.com/threads/flavourart-club-formally-known-as-the-purevapes-thread.2501

That gets you to pages, rather than posts, but it's a start!

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Hermit, I'll try that.

@Ld3441, thanks. That brings up "recipes" too (and that word has been used a few times in this thread! LOL), and then the problem is also that any word that contains the consecutive letters f-i-g also comes up. So, I see posts with "figures" and "figured" and "fight." It also does bring up "fig" too, but since there's more information to be gained by reading the whole thread, I will likely do that and some cataloging for easy access.

Thanks you all for the assists.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea, there will always be others in there you don't want but it beats looking through every post.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea, there will always be others in there you don't want but it beats looking through every post.

It is a markedly shorter list that every single post! Very true. This thread is dense!!!!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is a markedly shorter list that every single post! Very true. This thread is dense!!!!
Yeah, we're almost to 5k posts since July 4th! If you have time you will find all kinds a of goodies throughout the whole thread. I remember it took about a week to get caught up in the old ECF thread but was time well spent.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I know there a figgy cheesecake in the recipe section, and I could have sworn @HIC posted a figgy pudding at some point too. If I'm mistaken on the latter just give it time. Sounds like he's gearing up for Holiday vapes already.

"We won't go until we get some, we won't go until we get some..."

LOL, now I have that song stuck in my head.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-figgy-amaretto-cheesecake.21227/
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-fichi-fig-apple-walnut-pie-extra-crust.1877/

I don't think I've posted any others with fig, at least as a main flavor. I often use it as a sweetener in bakery-type recipes (even cookies).
I worked on figgy pudding for a while, never posted any versions that remember. To be honest, the real thing doesn't sound appealing to me, so I won't pursue that.
There is one other figgy recipe that I'll probably post sometime before Christmas. Simple, unusual flavor combo, based on an actual treat...

There is a honey fig tobacco recipe somewhere in the recipes thread, too (not mine).

Just about anywhere you use Marzipan, Fig will add interest. Very good combo used together.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-fichi-fig-apple-walnut-pie-extra-crust.1877/

I don't think I've posted any others with fig, at least as a main flavor. I often use it as a sweetener in bakery-type recipes (even cookies).
I worked on figgy pudding for a while, never posted any versions that remember. To be honest, the real thing doesn't sound appealing to me, so I won't pursue that.
There is one other figgy recipe that I'll probably post sometime before Christmas. Simple, unusual flavor combo, based on an actual treat...

There is a honey fig tobacco recipe somewhere in the recipes thread, too (not mine).

Just about anywhere you use Marzipan, Fig will add interest. Very good combo used together.

Thanks for the tip on Marzipan + Fig!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I bet this one would translate pretty well.http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Italian-Fig-Cookies-I/Detail.aspx?evt19=1
Cookie, Apple, Marzipan, Fresh Fig, Cinnamon Ceylon, Orange, Maybe sub Walnut.
A lot like your crostata.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What the heck...here are some notes on my current FA Fig project.

Recipes like these inspired me:
http://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/recipes/122968/marzipan-almond-and-fresh-fig-tart for marzipan/almond with fig
http://tenina.com/recipes/marzipan-stuffed-chocolate-figs keeping in mind FA Cocoa is a Belgian cocoa flavor
http://www.tienda.com/food/products/ct-02.html was a "Bingo" for me...I'd buy those if they were cheap

So here's my current version of a recipe I'll probably call Figaro:
2% FA Fig
1% FA Brandy
1% FA Cocoa
1% FA Marzipan

I've been playing with that one, and I always come back to this version. It's not precisely any of those recipes that inspired me, but I like the balance of flavors. It's a much more interesting, complex flavor than you'd guess, given the simplicity of the recipe.

Marzipan is great with Fig because it adds a little honey-lemon along with the almond - much simpler than adding all those micro-tiny bits of honey and lemon separately. Marzipan can give the impression of amaretto liqueur, which is great in a fig compote... Orange is often used with figs in baking, and Brandy does a sophisticated job of filling that gap.

So that's not a finished recipe yet, but it's very likely to end up very similar, even identical. If anyone tries it, I have a burning question to ask. There are two ingredients here that give me the occasional impression of a totally different flavor that's not in the ingredients (but certainly not out of place, if that makes sense). If I mention the flavor, you might suddenly 'taste' it by power of suggestion, so I won't.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

http://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/recipes/122968/marzipan-almond-and-fresh-fig-tart for marzipan/almond with fig
http://tenina.com/recipes/marzipan-stuffed-chocolate-figs keeping in mind FA Cocoa is a Belgian cocoa flavor
http://www.tienda.com/food/products/ct-02.html was a "Bingo" for me...I'd buy those if they were cheap

2% FA Fig
1% FA Brandy
1% FA Cocoa
1% FA Marzipan

I've been playing with that one, and I always come back to this version. It's not precisely any of those recipes that inspired me, but I like the balance of flavors. It's a much more interesting, complex flavor than you'd guess, given the simplicity of the recipe.

Marzipan is great with Fig because it adds a little honey-lemon along with the almond - much simpler than adding all those micro-tiny bits of honey and lemon separately. Marzipan can give the impression of amaretto liqueur, which is great in a fig compote... Orange is often used with figs in baking, and Brandy does a sophisticated job of filling that gap.

So that's not a finished recipe yet, but it's very likely to end up very similar, even identical. If anyone tries it, I have a burning question to ask. There are two ingredients here that give me the occasional impression of a totally different flavor that's not in the ingredients (but certainly not out of place, if that makes sense). If I mention the flavor, you might suddenly 'taste' it by power of suggestion, so I won't.

I will definitely try that out next week after my next PV order. I'll make note of any other taste, but I'll PM you my guesses if anything surfaces. I will get some Orange from ECX.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

2% FA Fig
1% FA Brandy
1% FA Cocoa
1% FA Marzipan

cherry and pineapple ;)

this is close to my sweet fig tobacco, except for the cocoa.. and i get hints of both fruits with it..
but i do use and not in order, tobacco flavors and then a net.. but not at the same time..
thinking on it, i do get the sweet cherry and a pineapple.. :)

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are there any FA flavors that add "body" to bakery/desserts? Custard works well at 0.5% but any higher and the lemon is too prominent. Fresh cream tends to lighten up the flavors too much for my tastes. Irish cream adds a nice deep note, but I get a chocolate note that overpowers the other flavors.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Are there any FA flavors that add "body" to bakery/desserts? Custard works well at 0.5% but any higher and the lemon is too prominent. Fresh cream tends to lighten up the flavors too much for my tastes. Irish cream adds a nice deep note, but I get a chocolate note that overpowers the other flavors.
I like to use just a pinch of coconut.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
this is close to my sweet fig tobacco, except for the cocoa.. and i get hints of both fruits with it..
but i do use and not in order, tobacco flavors and then a net.. but not at the same time..

I found where you've mentioned a fig tobacco but couldn't find your recipe to compare. Is it posted or secret?
It occurred to me that some tobacco-flavor vapors would like fig+cocoa (+walnut, too). I don't like tobacco tangled in my desserts, but I know many do.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I never know what "body" means, but if you say what kind of dessert, I'm sure a bunch of us will have suggestions.
If Custard is too lemony, you can step down a bit with Catalan Cream, or no citrus at all in Vienna Cream. Vienna is richest, IMO.
If you don't want the chocolate of Irish Cream, Jamaican Rum is a sweet alternative. (or make your own Irish Cream with FA Whiskey, Fresh Cream, vanilla, caramel, and skip the chocolate)
If it's vapor you want, Marshmallow and Coconut will add to that.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe Vape Wizard is advertised to add body.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not an FA flavor but I feel that TFA cheesecake graham does too. I don't taste it at all in some vapes and like its effect.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My definition of "Body" refers to the effect that creams give to recipes. It sort of adds that mid note to make a fuller and richer vape. I am trying to make a dessert flavor using FA apple pie. I love the pastry effect it gives, but it seems a bit flat, like its missing something. I have tried coconut, and although it did make it nice and creamy, it dominated the apple even in low % so thats a no go. HIC, I have tried your apple pie recipe and love it, but what I am trying to make is something with a stronger pastry note that the apple pie gives, while still being able to still taste the apple. I dont get much flavor our of the apple pie from 1-2% so im generally using 3-5% in my recipes . What does jamaican rum bring to the mix? I have most of the boozy flavors from FA but haven't had much experience with them

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My definition of "Body" refers to the effect that creams give to recipes. It sort of adds that mid note to make a fuller and richer vape. I am trying to make a dessert flavor using FA apple pie. I love the pastry effect it gives, but it seems a bit flat, like its missing something. I have tried coconut, and although it did make it nice and creamy, it dominated the apple even in low % so thats a no go. HIC, I have tried your apple pie recipe and love it, but what I am trying to make is something with a stronger pastry note that the apple pie gives, while still being able to still taste the apple. I dont get much flavor our of the apple pie from 1-2% so im generally using 3-5% in my recipes.
Like @jensy said I think AP might do that for you.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
To add stronger pastry in the background of a recipe, try Apple Pie + Cookie....both somewhere well under 1%.
For an apple-y apple pie, I have to add more Apple/Fuji/Amber/Walnut, or combination.
As you start adding other flavors to Apple Pie, it can suddenly pop out and totally dominate everything else. Cranberry is one example. Tried making CRANapple, suddenly had cranAPPLE..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My definition of "Body" refers to the effect that creams give to recipes. It sort of adds that mid note to make a fuller and richer vape. I am trying to make a dessert flavor using FA apple pie. I love the pastry effect it gives, but it seems a bit flat, like its missing something. I have tried coconut, and although it did make it nice and creamy, it dominated the apple even in low % so thats a no go. HIC, I have tried your apple pie recipe and love it, but what I am trying to make is something with a stronger pastry note that the apple pie gives, while still being able to still taste the apple. I dont get much flavor our of the apple pie from 1-2% so im generally using 3-5% in my recipes . What does jamaican rum bring to the mix? I have most of the boozy flavors from FA but haven't had much experience with them
try cookie. fa cookie and fa apple pie are really good. really enhances the crust

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I like to add some fuji or TFA candy apple or both. then usually vienna cream and or fresh cream. some kind of nuts are always good. I prefer nut mix but the others are good. I love making apple pie vapes. one of the ones I re make over and over, always different and always fun.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys are great help! I have used AP in the past. Although it did enhance the bakery taste, I want to knock the recipe down before adding any enhancers ( AP, MTS, etc ). HIC, I have been using fuji, just having a hard time making it pop with the crust. I need to give amber a try. Walnut, imo muted both the apple and crust flavor so I took that out. Im interested in the cranberry, did you mean that it brought out the apple flavor? I have some tfa cranberry I'll give that a try as well.
Wllmc, what % of apple pie and cookie do you use? IMO, small amounts of cookie cannot be tasted, but instead changes the flavor of the crust. It tastes more "baked" but takes away the savory part from the apple pie. Still not sure if I like apple pie better with cookie or standalone, both are good!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On no you didn't go there !

Trader Joes ...... Damnit Huck .... Now I got to go back to buy more fattening yummy stuff. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's really good. When I went to the TJ's near Princeton they were giving out samples on little pieces of hard cheese. Nomnomnom.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oops guess this didnt send and I closed my laptop ha. so I bet someone already said something awesome, probably HIC but here is what I said........... it varies from time to time but usually for instance if I use 2% apple pie I'll use 1% cookie. how appley are you trying to make this vape. fuji usually does the trick.
You guys are great help! I have used AP in the past. Although it did enhance the bakery taste, I want to knock the recipe down before adding any enhancers ( AP, MTS, etc ). HIC, I have been using fuji, just having a hard time making it pop with the crust. I need to give amber a try. Walnut, imo muted both the apple and crust flavor so I took that out. Im interested in the cranberry, did you mean that it brought out the apple flavor? I have some tfa cranberry I'll give that a try as well.
Wllmc, what % of apple pie and cookie do you use? IMO, small amounts of cookie cannot be tasted, but instead changes the flavor of the crust. It tastes more "baked" but takes away the savory part from the apple pie. Still not sure if I like apple pie better with cookie or standalone, both are good!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh my, any of you ever had Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale? In heaven with a little bag of Australian licorice. Wish I had made at least half of this 6 pack the Lagunitas.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oops guess this didnt send and I closed my laptop ha. so I bet someone already said something awesome, probably HIC but here is what I said........... it varies from time to time but usually for instance if I use 2% apple pie I'll use 1% cookie. how appley are you trying to make this vape. fuji usually does the trick.
That's what ive been doing.. I think my taste buds are broken.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just when you think you have all of the FA flavors... What's the difference between FA Honey and Liquid Amber? Isn't the latter also a honey?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, it's super hard for me to describe. HIC says it makes fruits seem deeper, a bit more baked? I've also read that it helps to marry fruits together. Standalone, it reminded me of mangosteen. FA Honey is spot on honey flavor and VERY VERY strong. It will quickly take over anything you put it in. HIC also suggests making a dilution of honey to use in small amounts, still. It's a strong one! Can you tell I pay attention to what HIC says?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oh boy! I turned Dixie into a monster! *laughs!

if you think the chocolate truffle is good.. just go ahead and plan on getting the rest..
most you can use as single flavors, but do not go over 2% and even then it might be too much!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Just when you think you have all of the FA flavors... What's the difference between FA Honey and Liquid Amber? Isn't the latter also a honey?

My best description of Liquid Amber: "the fermentor". It's the difference between a fresh apple and sweet apple cider, for example. It's very useful for fruits in bakery recipes, like Huck said.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh boy! I turned Dixie into a monster! *laughs!

if you think the chocolate truffle is good.. just go ahead and plan on getting the rest..
most you can use as single flavors, but do not go over 2% and even then it might be too much!

I like their Old Captain and French Pipe, but both at 5%. Then I mix a "special", a combo of Old Captain, French Pipe, and Island Tobacco that totals 12%. Yes, I like flavor....I suppose smoking for 55 years might have a bit to do with it :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like their Old Captain and French Pipe, but both at 5%. Then I mix a "special", a combo of Old Captain, French Pipe, and Island Tobacco that totals 12%. Yes, I like flavor....I suppose smoking for 55 years might have a bit to do with it :)

oh wow.. :eek: I dont think I go above 3% with any of those, but yes I suppose so..
have you tried to lower that a bit?:p

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OMG Yooperdad you scare me lol and I may get another flavor or 2 - Smokey do you pay the cheapest shipping or do you pay for the insured shipping when ordering from VZ?o_O

VU Sponsors