Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Bitter Wizard, 7Leaves(baccy), Burley(baccy), Cardamon, Clove, Cuban Supreme, Fig, Gin, Grape Concord, Hazelnut, Latakia(baccy), Liquid Amber, Maxx Blend(baccy), Nut Mix, Oak Wood, Peach, Pear, Royal(baccy), RY4(baccy), Shade(baccy), Virginia(baccy), Walnut, Whiskey, and White Grape - oh good grief 24 more lol If someone who has tried the baccys can tell me if I picked out any real icky ones that would be nice:) as for the other flavors none were something I wanted to try at all:confused::D

you are good on the tobaccos.. ;)
next head to vz (vaping zone)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
totally MY opinion, as someone who can't handle strong pipe/cigar type tobaccos. Dark Vapure lives in seclusion in my garage. I wish I never bought CamT (Cam Blend, CamTel...) - tastes like sandalwood oil used in massage therapy. I've never tried Cigar Passion. All the others, I've gotten some use out of, at least as tiny but meaningful additions to other tobaccos. 7Leaves and Maxx are the lightest FA has, very light tobaccos, IMO. With the ones you've listed, I recommend Black Fire to add a realistic smoke exhale. I use a little of that with every tobacco blend I mix (unless I have Latakia in it, which has its own very smoky aura).

Thumbs up on adding the nut flavors. FA has great nuts :D. Grape Concord is hard to work with, but it works well with other dark fruits you've mentioned are on you list. Wait...did you have BlackCurrant? If you don't have that one, I think it's much more useful than Grape Concord. Ideally, just get both, of course.

oh my!! HIC.. lol.. you know how I feel on those flavors ;)

dv needs to be kept under .5%max.. and after day 1, you would never recognize it..

i have cigar passion, but.. i prefer my acid blonde cigar nets.. ;)
Royal.. reminds me of a funky ry4 if done heavy.. light, i can tolerate it..
latakia, perique, and virgina i believe are sisters :p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Daisy, you'll at least have all the flavors you'll need for posted recipes, but you, of course, don't have to purchase everything at one time. You could pick up what appeals to you right away. I built my arsenal over a period of time and still fall short on some recipes. Plus, anticipating vape mail is also part of the fun :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Daisy, you'll at least have all the flavors you'll need for posted recipes, but you, of course, don't have to purchase everything at one time. You could pick up what appeals to you right away. I built my arsenal over a period of time and still fall short on some recipes. Plus, anticipating vape mail is also part of the fun :)

gasp - Huck! Discouraging someone from saving on postage! lol....wish I'd done it like Daisy Dixie.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wasn't there a cow called Daisy once upon a time lol And I am just trying to get what I need to do most of HICs and you alls recipeso_O as if I ever will:confused: Oh were you not typing to me?? My name is really Dixie:oops:

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Daisy the cow started the Great Chicago Fire.
Late one night, when we were all in bed,
Mrs. O'Leary lit a lantern in the shed.
Her cow kicked it over,
Then winked her eye and said,
"There'll be a hot time in the
old town tonight!"

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't there a cow called Daisy once upon a time lol And I am just trying to get what I need to do most of HICs and you alls recipeso_O as if I ever will:confused: Oh were you not typing to me?? My name is really Dixie:oops:

aww Dixie.. that's cuz we know you are hanging in ;)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you are good on the tobaccos.. ;)
next head to vz (vaping zone)
If I stop by VZ on the way home one day and tell them Smoky Blue sent me, will they give me a 50% discount?

Even if not, which flavors should I just get to make my life complete? I may stop by soon since I basically pass right by their store twice a day.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I stop by VZ on the way home one day and tell them Smoky Blue sent me, will they give me a 50% discount?

Even if not, which flavors should I just get to make my life complete? I may stop by soon since I basically pass right by their store twice a day.
Wow lucky you no shipping cost I am truly jealous:(:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

goodie!! lmao!! dang it Havok.. *shakes head.. vz are good people, despite some local reps.. ;)
you might get by with paying them more to get out the shop :p

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dixie, I never thought I would find an RY4 recipe that I liked, but I did, thanks to Rocketpuppy. But it uses TFA or Signature(same thing) RY4 Double, and you have the other ingredients already listed. It's my ADV now.
Do you remember the recipe?:p of course you do if it is your ADV duh lol can you repost it?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow lucky you no shipping cost I am truly jealous:(:)
I just wish they carried either TFA or FA flavors. Will have to check through Smoky Blue's recipes to get a good idea which SC flavors she recommends, especially the tobaccos.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
goodie!! lmao!! dang it Havok.. *shakes head.. vz are good people, despite some local reps.. ;)
you might get by with paying them more to get out the shop :p
Yah, they are a nice group of folks and very helpful. They just don't offer much in the way of hardware that I ever need. And the place is not very big so they don't have a lounge area or anything spiffy like that. Wish they did.

I used to stop in there eons ago when they were CompuZone and sold/repaired PCs. They had great prices on computer parts! Some of the computer guys still work there too which is kinda cool.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I just wish they carried either TFA or FA flavors. Will have to check through Smoky Blue's recipes to get a good idea which SC flavors she recommends, especially the tobaccos.

will have to do some digging, maybe tonight..
doing some light remolding atm downstairs, so is why i am off and on today ;)

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think some of their non-SC, just regular concentrates, are TFA. That's second hand though...I emailed them to ask and they never emailed me back. Boo. :(
I like the VZSC Honey Flue Cure tobacco, Black Cigar and Gourmet Yuco.

Hey guys, has anyone tried NF organic Spice? It smells freaking incredible!!!! I'm really hoping it vapes the way it smells. I got some vapemail today from the sales and thought I'd bought the Sig.(TFA) Spice from ECX but I got the NF instead.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think some of their non-SC, just regular concentrates, are TFA. That's second hand though...I emailed them to ask and they never emailed me back. Boo. :(
I like the VZSC Honey Flue Cure tobacco, Black Cigar and Gourmet Yuco.

Hey guys, has anyone tried NF organic Spice? It smells freaking incredible!!!! I'm really hoping it vapes the way it smells. I got some vapemail today from the sales and thought I'd bought the Sig.(TFA) Spice from ECX but I got the NF instead.
Maybe I can grill 'em at the store to see of they repack TFA. If so they may not wanna let that get out.

And will put those tobaccos on the list. Pretty sure I heard mention before of the first two, but have not heard of the Yuco before.

Thanks!

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I can grill 'em at the store to see of they repack TFA. If so they may not wanna let that get out.

And will put those tobaccos on the list. Pretty sure I heard mention before of the first two, but have not heard of the Yuco before.

Thanks!

I'll never understand why they would keep that a secret! If I *knew* what they were instead of just guessing, I'd have bought some. Know what I mean? The only random un-named stuff I've bought is RTS's Chinese tobaccos. A couple are pretty good. Slight side-car rant- ECX bugs me too, with that Signature crap. Why not just call it what it is FFS? Whew. OK, I'm done. lol

Have fun over there Havok! I've almost stopped there on my way to and from Atlanta but thought I'd get waaaaay too much!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The second one is the one I make for friends - simple RY4D and AP. Tribeca lovers really like this one!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'll never understand why they would keep that a secret! If I *knew* what they were instead of just guessing, I'd have bought some. Know what I mean? The only random un-named stuff I've bought is RTS's Chinese tobaccos. A couple are pretty good. Slight side-car rant- ECX bugs me too, with that Signature crap. Why not just call it what it is FFS? Whew. OK, I'm done. lol

Have fun over there Havok! I've almost stopped there on my way to and from Atlanta but thought I'd get waaaaay too much!

it's tfa, for sure.. but at those prices, youd be better off at wl or the actual tfa site ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

poppy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just dropping in to say...

After reading several posts from HIC, wwlmc and many frequent posters (including the OG thread too), I bought several samples from PV. With all these recipes floating about, it was a no-brainer to get this little FA order. Aside form their tobaccos, I'll likely just order every flavor from PV. I previously had not a ton of luck specifically with FA, so I have a nagging suspicion that will change now -- plus, I finally got it through my noggin that too much flavoring was the root of my mixing woes. As my hand becomes more deft, I can't wait to experience all the possibilities with new-to-me flavorings. I look forward to reading more and possibly contributing.

This is what I bought for the first round from PV.

Dark Bean (Espresso)
Jamaican Rum
Caramel
Mango
Bilberry
Cinnamon Ceylon
Magic Mask
Lemon Sicily
Apricot
Butterscotch
Vanilla Tahiti
Vienna Cream
Brandy
Amber
Custard
Marzipan
Apple Pie
Catalan Cream
Hey Mr. Mann, fancy seeing you here, geez your everywhere I go lol. Oh, Im Zelphie by the by.. Nice flavor selection!

poppy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive been interested in comparing nic, so Im curious where do you all like to get your nic from?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I like vaperstek but I think everyone kinda has a favorite for whatever reason. you cant get some pretty cheeps samples of nic around and try a few for not much.

poppy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first time I used Flavour art was Early 2011. However, it was recommended at high percentages back then. Little did I realize that my bad experience was due to over flavoring.

I am on "Round two" of flavorart. I'm trying to incorporate it into the vaping diy regime.
Ive been wanting to try Hangsen tobaccos but I have no idea what any of their flavors are like. The ones that I may try are Flue Cured, Virgina, Turkish, Smooth, Usa , Usa Red, Usa Light, Hotel, Desert Ship, ect. You or anyone have any recommendations or descriptions of these or others YOU like?

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ive been wanting to try Hangsen tobaccos but I have no idea what any of their flavors are like. The ones that I may try are Flue Cured, Virgina, Turkish, Smooth, Usa , Usa Red, Usa Light, Hotel, Desert Ship, ect. You or anyone have any recommendations or descriptions of these or others YOU like?

I use MyFreedomSmokes for nic. For Hangsen tobaccos, if you want to see first, it *may* behoove you to go to a site like Caterpillarvapes and try some of their premades. Their 10 mL all hover around the $3 mark, but to get Hangsen flavorings (from damned near anywhere), the 10 mL concentrates will run you about $5-$6. It' cool too because Caterpillarvapes is a US-based site, so the near-China prices for 10 mL of Hangsen premade can be obtained from a homegrown source (FT is just about a buck cheaper than Caterpillar for Hangsen 10 mL premade liquids).

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Hangsen Turkish at 5% 1 drop of AP per 5 ml .

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like vaperstek but I think everyone kinda has a favorite for whatever reason. you cant get some pretty cheeps samples of nic around and try a few for not much.
Still working on my WL nic which seems like will last forevah! But I did get some samples of VT from BC, and a test tube of NN. VT is great, been using with my fruity mixes and leaving the WL for tobaccos. TBH, i cant really tell much of a difference, but will eventually do a side by side of all three. Haven't popped the cap on the NN yet.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still working on my WL nic which seems like will last forevah! But I did get some samples of VT from BC, and a test tube of NN. VT is great, been using with my fruity mixes and leaving the WL for tobaccos. TBH, i cant really tell much of a difference, but will eventually do a side by side of all three. Haven't popped the cap on the NN yet.

I see some rave reviews on VT, but I do really enjoy MFS nic and considering the price I got the liters for, I will just have to allow myself to believe it is the best. Oh, and MFS is having a sale right now until Monday the 20th for 25% off their nic (code: 25NIC). So it seems that they are continuing to sale the 100 mg/mL liters for $50 (after the discount). I tell ya', it's competitive out there for a vaper's dollar! (I do want to try VT though. Oh, what to do. What to do.)

@havock33, I look forward to your opinion on NN.

Last edited:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see some rave reviews on VT, but I do really enjoy MFS nic and considering the price I got the liters for, I will just have to allow myself to believe it is the best. Oh, and MFS is having a sale right now until Monday the 20th for 25% off their nic. So it seems that they are continuing to sale the 100 mg/mL liters for $50 (after the discount). I tell ya', it's competitive out there for a vaper's dollar! (I do want to try VT though. Oh, what to do. What to do.)

@havock33, I look forward to your opinion on NN.
You can get a 15ml bottle of the VT nic for a few bucks or so at Bull City's website if you just wanna small bit to sample. Been buying often from there anyway stocking up on FA and TFA flavorigs, and their shipping is lightning fast. The NN nic you can get for two bucks in a 15ml sample size.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can get a 15ml bottle of the VT nic for a few bucks or so at Bull City's website if you just wanna small bit to sample. Been buying often from there anyway stocking up on FA and TFA flavorings, and their shipping is lightning fast. The NN nic you can get for two bucks in a 15ml sample size.

At BCV all the sizes except for 1L is OoS (unless I am reading it incorrectly). No biggie. I'll keep my eye on it though.

Edit: Totally unrelated, but I just tried to do a search in this thread for "fig" so I could gather up as much info as I possibly could (considering I love this flavor), but the search results say that the term "fig" is too short or common to produce results. Oy! Guess I will have to pull up a comfy chair on the weekend.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Hahaha... USA Red is one of the Hangsen I just tried. I'm not known for using high percents of flavorings, especially tobaccos, but I got decent flavor from that one only when I vaped it at 100%, straight from the bottle. lol! I have some steeping at 6% and 25% to see if that changes over time, but I'm totally unimpressed with that one, Congress, Indian, and Highway. I needed 100% on all those, fresh-mixed. If 25% develops some flavor after steeping, I'll have to eat my hat.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At BCV all the sizes except for 1L is OoS (unless I am reading it incorrectly). No biggie. I'll keep my eye on it though.

Edit: Totally unrelated, but I just tried to do a search in this thread for "fig" so I could gather up as much info as I possibly could (considering I love this flavor), but the search results say that the term "fig" is too short or common to produce results. Oy! Guess I will have to pull up a comfy chair on the weekend.
As far as I've seen there is only FA and Capella Fig. FA is a little green but it's really good. Capella is a little too ripe. I don't really even mess with that one anymore because of the high percentage needed.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha... USA Red is one of the Hangsen I just tried. I'm not known for using high percents of flavorings, especially tobaccos, but I got decent flavor from that one only when I vaped it at 100%, straight from the bottle. lol! I have some steeping at 6% and 25% to see if that changes over time, but I'm totally unimpressed with that one, Congress, Indian, and Highway. I needed 100% on all those, fresh-mixed. If 25% develops some flavor after steeping, I'll have to eat my hat.
Holy crap! That is friggin crazy! Did the supplier get pre-mixed and concentrate mixed up?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Wow, I didn't look on BC before posting so sorry bout that. Would like to think they'll restock soon.

poppy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering what my cousin "Poppy" was doing here. :D Good to see you, Z. My PV order should be here tomorrow or Friday. I am getting my little "lab" re-organized so I can hop to it the second it gets here.
You know when you just cant think of a name?... haha Yes, tiz Poppy! Good to see you too. I just ordered flavors from PV too. Cant wait to get started!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Holy crap! That is friggin crazy! Did the supplier get pre-mixed and concentrate mixed up?

Apparently not! The bottle is not eliquid; it's 'essence' flavoring, original Hangsen bottle. The vendor double-checked on it and got their vendor's assurance it's flavoring. Hangsen 'Tab essence' and 'tobacco essence' from another vendor were useable, but these four haven't been. I'll try my steeped bottles around Halloween. (yes, I believe this is actually eliquid, but it's not my vendor's fault...somewhere earlier in the chain)

VU Sponsors