Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
lmao only thing i got done was dishes..
the rest of the house, omg.. but eh.. it will get done.. ;) err.. may..be!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL I now have 172 recipes saved in eJuice Me Up lol and I still am not done:eek: ok question - should I go ahead and get more FA flavorings and wait for the TFAs?? Since I want to order from WL but they do not keep stock UGH?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I now have 172 recipes saved in eJuice Me Up lol and I still am not done:eek: ok question - should I go ahead and get more FA flavorings and wait for the TFAs?? Since I want to order from WL but they do not keep stock UGH?
I think you need to let your fingers rest up a bit and choose you a few recipies and make sure you have the flavors that you need....and some will be from TFA. Then I would order.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone had "Two Peas in a Pod - RY4"? it's only in the north west AFAIK. Looking to replicate the 'nut flavor' in that

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

dixie, good luck with that, after 5 gigs.. i quit.. :p i do a folder system now :D

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off topic but this is a very active thread and the syringe will be used for FA flavors :)

Anyone know of a glass 1ml syringe or something that the gradient marks will not wear off in a couple mixes?

I have heard about putting tape over the marks, will do that on my next set that I order if there is nothing better and they are just something you need to keep stock in.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Off topic but this is a very active thread and the syringe will be used for FA flavors :)

Anyone know of a glass 1ml syringe or something that the gradient marks will not wear off in a couple mixes?

I have heard about putting tape over the marks, will do that on my next set that I order if there is nothing better and they are just something you need to keep stock in.

I looked into glass at one stage, but they were so expensive it was just cheaper to buy off of Ebay. I use mostly 3ml syringes now and occasionally 1ml, and you can get them inexpensively if you buy a whole bunch at once (50 or so). Lots of recipes I make have at least 10 flavorings, so glass just wasn't financially viable for me.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanx for the reply.
Just getting started in diy so I am making smaller batches (till I figure out flavorings) and the 1ml is getting used more than the 3 or 5 ml syringes.

Found a few 100 packs on ebay that were near 10 cents per and this 50 pack... seem like a average price or are there better deals out there? Not sure I need 100 right now :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0082...165_QL70&qid=1414708784&sr=8-7#ref=mp_s_a_1_7

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a good price. I use 3ml syringes the most , because I only use syringes for 30 ml bottles (and larger), so generally I use at least 0.2ml flavoring which is easy to measure in a 3ml syringe. Don't buy too many syringes until you know which ones you use the most. On the other hand, for $6 you can't go too wrong, although I use luer lock syringes. Remember you will also need needles for drawing up the liquid - I use 18 gauge for concentrates and sometimes 16 for nic. For vg/pg I just pour into a measuring cup.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't tape the marks or anything. Usually the black plunger whatchamacallit is failing around the same time as the markings so I just toss them. You might not need 100 or 50 right now, but you will eventually.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, right now I would have about four 30ml mistakes if I mixed in those quantities lol!

The 1ml syringes don't need tips right? The ones I have now (Luer) don't have a blunt tip. Just that rounded tip that's part of the syringe.
I have the blunts for the 3ml and up syringes.

Ordered, at that price I may not even bother washing and reusing :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, mine have lasted about 6 mixes and some of the hash marks are coming off... near the bottom, I guess where it is rubbing the mouth of the bottle.
Hmmm, I think I need to not put the syringe down into the final bottle as I squeeze stuff in :oops:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought some blunt tip needles when I first started DIY. Never used them. lol

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I coat mine with woman's nail polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, mine have lasted about 6 mixes and some of the hash marks are coming off... near the bottom, I guess where it is rubbing the mouth of the bottle.
Hmmm, I think I need to not put the syringe down into the final bottle as I squeeze stuff in :oops:
Maybe that's why mine last so long. Never really thought about it but I only put the very tip in the flavoring so I can see the marks and then squirt it, or if I drip into the syringe just let it fall, in the mix bottle.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the drop method of late, but still use my 1 ml syringes for the 100 plus bottles of TFA flavors.

I split a box of 100 1ml with a friend on here ( cave diver)

I do use the smallest and the largest blunt tips . Before I did the drops, I just poked the blunt top right inside the plastic bottle dropper and sucked it right out.

When I make base, I have some pretty big tall graduated glass cylinders I use and will
Make 250 to 500 ml at a time.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your getting the flavor on the syringe then your fingers are rubbing it off...... Probably.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 10 gauge blunt needles and 1 or 5 ml syringes for flavors and a 20 ml without a tip for the VG base. I just hold the 20 ml syringe over the bottle and pour the VG into it, then squirt in the bottle.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being a country bumkin with lots of animals I have boxes and boxes of syringes up to sixty ml. I find lots of uses for them around the place and have found the black plungers usually give out after awhile even if not used much. They swell.

I haven't needed a needle for mixing yet but I have boxes of those too. Except they are sharp. I suppose if I can use one in a fighting critter and not poke myself too many times, I can get one in a bottle of flavor. :eek:

Dana Lucas

Member For 4 Years
I finally am able to mix 50ml batches of stuff I know I like.
I bought a 5, 10, 25, and 50ml graduated cylinders from Wizard Labs. I really like them a lot. Use the 5ml to add .1 - 1.0ml, etc. for flavors.
Not that expensive.

Dana

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally am able to mix 50ml batches of stuff I know I like.
I bought a 5, 10, 25, and 50ml graduated cylinders from Wizard Labs. I really like them a lot. Use the 5ml to add .1 - 1.0ml, etc. for flavors.
Not that expensive.

Dana

I agree! I forgot, recently I've been using the 10ml to measure nicotine for 30 ml bottles. Much easier than getting out a syringe! I don't have the 5ml ones - good idea!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am gonna use drops - but then I am new and do not make any mixes over 12 ml :) I think my giving myself 3 shots a week is enough syringes to deal with UGHo_O Oh my nice base will be in already made up in Amber bottles once I get it this next month I hate messing with small nic amounts:confused:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am gonna use drops - but then I am new and do not make any mixes over 12 ml :) I think my giving myself 3 shots a week is enough syringes to deal with UGHo_O Oh my nice base will be in already made up in Amber bottles once I get it this next month I hate messing with small nic amounts:confused:
If your gonna use drops, your e juice calculator is defaulted at 20 drops per ml and your recipies will not come out right. You need to change the drops to about 33 drops per ml If your using FA bottles and ecig express and eliquid mart bottles.

Anyone else think this is about the right amount of drops ?

I know the different bottles have slightly different drop sizes but I've been using this as a happy medium.

I think I got that from HIC or wllmc. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i don't use drops, so i am not able to help out.. :oops:
i even use percentages in my 5ml bottles..
it's a habbit i got into and well.. it just works for me..

bottle nipple tops range in size etc..
and i like to try and get as close as i can to replicate what i want..
if i need something more, weight is the way to go..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the pure vapes bottles are 33 drops per ml. the rest are close enough to use 33 like Tball said. thats what I use also

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If your gonna use drops, your e juice calculator is defaulted at 20 drops per ml and your recipies will not come out right. You need to change the drops to about 33 drops per ml If your using FA bottles and ecig express and eliquid mart bottles.

I know the different bottles have slightly different drop sizes but I've been using this as a happy medium.

SEE:

SEE: http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/flavor-drops-vs-ml-test-surprised-at-results.29214/

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
everyone will probably get a different drop count but all close enough for small batches. for me a sample is 12 mls usually. the difference for 1% between 33 drops and 40 drops is one drop. I use 33 because its on the low side. anywhere between 34 drops and 40 drops per ml will still calculate as 5 drops. if you are trying to replicate a recipe over and over and over every single time or mix large batches the only way to do it is by weight. I changed to drops because honestly how close to 0.1ml are you getting in your syringe. about as accurate as drops with no clean up .

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll let you In on a little secret that had worked for me pretty well.
I used syringes for the last couple of years. I got tired of opening the plastic bottles so I just punched my way through the opening of all of my flavor bottles with my blunt tip suringe to extract the flavor so it would be quick And easy and not get flavor on my fingers.

What I inadvertently had done was to make all of my plastic flavor bottles drip damn near the same drop.

I did the old 1 ml syringe test as well and I'm pretty damn close.

I can now make a 10 ml juice bottle about as fast as my wife can go get the vape mail out if the mailbox . ( pre made nic base of course)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did the same with my Magic Unbent Paper Clip.
You should sell those :) lol
I've got to give y'all the "Paul Harvey" on this. ( that means the rest of the story for you youngsters )

Not too long ago HIC was on a roll and was making recipie after recipie and I told him I can't keep up ..,,, I said " I can't mix as fast as your posting new recipies "

He Told me that he just mixed one up while waiting for his coffee to get done.

I'm like..., shit man, how you doing that ? I'm fast as hell with syringes ?

I knew the answer but just never wanted to believe the drop method was that quick ,

Well , I finally did it and its just a joy now. I only use my syringe to get into TFA bottles .
Or for my 30 ml plus mixes.

One day I May do as some of the others and just pour the bottled flavors into plastic dropper bottles and label them,

That's it for me . I hope some of you new folks learned something. I learn something new every week in this thread .

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the attention span of a small child and the memory of an old man. I'd lose count or forget how many drops I needed if I tried to do drops.

I can just see it now. "One, two, three,,,,,,,,,,,,,,um, how many did I need? Oh yeah, 30 drops. One, two, three, four,,,,,,,,,,shit,,,,,,,,,,how many drops do I need? Oh yeah. One,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
One day I May do as some of the others and just pour the bottled flavors into plastic dropper bottles and label them,

then you can take it one more step:
Mix your favorite recipes in "bulk", flavorings only. Keep unflavored nic in a squirt bottle.
You can mix any size batch to any strength. Mine are often a 1.5ml tankful: squirt, drop, done. My partner gets squirt, drop-drop, done. (always identical flavor, too)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tball, I stab thru my drip tips when I need more than 1 ml too

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

You do realize who you are typing to - right?? I have over 90 pages of FA thread word docs lol of course I reset the drop per ml to 33 LOLOL;) but it is always good to remind me so thank you very much:D Oh and I am buying the same 5ml bottles with droppers as my Eliquidmart 5ml bottles come with - which was also said to be 33 drops per ml (buying 50)o_O

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You should sell those :) lol
I've got to give y'all the "Paul Harvey" on this. ( that means the rest of the story for you youngsters )

Not too long ago HIC was on a roll and was making recipie after recipie and I told him I can't keep up ..,,, I said " I can't mix as fast as your posting new recipies "

He Told me that he just mixed one up while waiting for his coffee to get done.

I'm like..., shit man, how you doing that ? I'm fast as hell with syringes ?

I knew the answer but just never wanted to believe the drop method was that quick ,

Well , I finally did it and its just a joy now. I only use my syringe to get into TFA bottles .
Or for my 30 ml plus mixes.

That's it for me . I hope some of you new folks learned something. I learn something new every week in this thread .

I too was hesitant to use drops. I'm not a numbers person. My thoughts were if I used drops on small 5ml or 10ml samples how would i translate to larger sizes.

I been using drops for a while now till I get what I like. Then can do larger sizes using syringes

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In reply to syringe marks wearing off. I use the same syringes for a long time (a couple to a few months) till they get trashed.

Most of the time the black stopper gets funky before the marks wear off.

I use luer lok with blunt needles. The syringe never gets dunked in flavor. I clean syringes with rubbing alcohol. Then rinse with water. Syringes then get stored in a plastic crystal light container. I use 1,3,5 or 10ml. Only a few had the marks wear off.

I used nail polish once and clear tape. No more men's or ladies nail polish for me. :p

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the attention span of a small child and the memory of an old man. I'd lose count or forget how many drops I needed if I tried to do drops.

I can just see it now. "One, two, three,,,,,,,,,,,,,,um, how many did I need? Oh yeah, 30 drops. One, two, three, four,,,,,,,,,,shit,,,,,,,,,,how many drops do I need? Oh yeah. One,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ah - see with FA flavors and sample sizes, you almost never need more than 4 drops for 6mls (2%) - that's why we can whip up sampes in 3 minutes or less! I don't think any of us use drops for 30ml bottles - just for samples!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah - see with FA flavors and sample sizes, you almost never need more than 4 drops for 6mls (2%) - that's why we can whip up sampes in 3 minutes or less! I don't think any of us use drops for 30ml bottles - just for samples!

Humor. The post was meant to make you giggle, not change your ways(or my ways). :p

I don't advocate on method over another. To each his own.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I copied the percentages into the program also so if and when I vape a bit more I can use them instead of the drops. Besides where do you think the drop amounts come from?:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In reply to syringe marks wearing off. I use the same syringes for a long time (a couple to a few months) till they get trashed.

Most of the time the black stopper gets funky before the marks wear off.

I use luer lok with blunt needles. The syringe never gets dunked in flavor. I clean syringes with rubbing alcohol. Then rinse with water. Syringes then get stored in a plastic crystal light container. I use 1,3,5 or 10ml. Only a few had the marks wear off.

I used nail polish once and clear tape. No more men's or ladies nail polish for me. :p
That's a great use for those Crystal Light containers. I drink the hell outta that stuff and knew there'd be a use for those!. (I'm high pg, lol)

When I mix up 20-30ml bottles, I use a medicine cup. I measure it in comparison to my syringes. Perfect match, easy pour.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 3 ADV I now mix 100 ml at a time. I keep one bottle for use and another 100 ml that is steeping. When i open the second bottle I mix up another and it gets to steep for maybe a week before I get to it. I do use drops for test batches but still need to order alot more flavors before I can get to the all the recipes posted here that I want to try.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL...and dont forget the shaky hands making the drops hit the outside of the bottle and the accidental double/triple drops making your apple cookie with a hint of caramel turn into a caramel cookie with a hint of apple. :D

VU Sponsors