Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can do it Dixie believe it. I started with a KangerTech EMOW. I got it about 4 o'clock on July 29th. I also got a bottle of 24mg juice. I haven't smoked a cigarette since ( I really wasn't expecting to quit smoking) and have had no desire too either. I personally think I was getting more nicotene from vaping then smoking lol. The closest I have come to wanting to smoke is looking at different cigars online to try and come up with vape versions but even that jones was short lived:)
Just commit it's not nearly as hard as you might think.
Hucks advice is perfect.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had a heck of a time getting going - not because of cigs but because nic does not like the heat in this sweatbox - and I was dumb enough to start it in the summer lol Went through a bunch of *peppery* nic before I figured out it was not the nics fault but the extreme heat lol Now it is cooler in here closer to 65-70 instead of 90+. Also my signature is what it is for a reason - I believe we all came to be here differently and we will all do our own program so please,

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW I do not work anymore and I spend a lot more $ on this vaping than I have spent on cigs for a month in over 5yrs, I use tubes and pipe tobacco. You do not want to know what I have spent to get set up lol I don't either. I love my Kangertech 650mah manual batts(times 9) and my 9 Protank mini 2s. I love all the colors;)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone but me think there is a conspiracy between the carriers of flavorings besides me?? lol I had 4 windows open 4 different sites just trying to buy 14 flavorings bigger than 4ml but not 30ml of a few FW and TFA flavorings lol and none had all 14:rolleyes:o_O Thank goodness I do not have to play that game with FlavourArt:p

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mini Protank 2's were where I hit success. I started with blu's which taught me that vaping might work but spent half the time in frustration and with the jones due to dead/weak batteries, empty carto's, and an empty billfold. Then on to a cheap ego clone and mini PT 2's. And then finally to success with MVP2 and mini PT 2's. And to complete success once I discovered flavor choices and understood the need for backups. Had to twist my own arm not to buy cig's at first, but not too hard, and mostly passed after a couple weeks. Someone else suggested requiring yourself to vape for 30 minutes before smoking a cigarette -- this also helped me. And then -- I realized I didn't need cigarettes and that vaping was way better in every way. Now one year on Oct 15. I've smoked only 2-3 cigarettes during that time, and mostly because I couldn't remember what they tasted like and wondered why I smoked for so long; which only confirmed that vaping was a much better choice. Good luck!

Last edited:

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys a quick question. I'm testing out the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust this afternoon and I'm getting no cheesecake...all graham crust. While it's actually pretty good, I was hoping for more cheesecake flavor.

I mixed at 5% standalone, then at 4% and didn't get much difference. Is there a trick to get more cheesecake flavor out of this whether lower or higher flavorings? Or could something else help bring out the desired flavor? Also, trying to stay away from the bad chemicals.

Thanks guys for any ideas.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey guys a quick question. I'm testing out the TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust this afternoon and I'm getting no cheesecake...all graham crust. While it's actually pretty good, I was hoping for more cheesecake flavor.

I mixed at 5% standalone, then at 4% and didn't get much difference. Is there a trick to get more cheesecake flavor out of this whether lower or higher flavorings? Or could something else help bring out the desired flavor? Also, trying to stay away from the bad chemicals.

Can you vape with a little less power? To my taste, it's creamer at low power, graham-ier with more power.
Vienna Cream or Catalan Cream (or combo) will expand that filling. Vienna for mild-and-less-baked, Catalan for hint of caramelized top... Try adding a hint of one or both.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wish me luck:D although after reading this thread and sorta meeting you all I think I will be just fine:oops::)

Good luck! Its a day at a time thing (or hour or minute - whatever works for you) but if you want it - it can work.

After 32-ish+ yrs of smoking Vaping is the only thing that got me off tobacco. before I tried vaping I was the first to tell anyone preaching to me about smoking to get out of my face and I was going to smoke till I died. June 9, 2013 is the last day I smoked for me It wasn't always easy. Hanging here with the DIY crowd has been the best recovery program for me!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I've added a little french vanilla TFA and regular TFA cheesecake flavor using the TFA cheesecake graham as the main ingredient

if I remember correctly a while ago I had some capellas NY style cheesecake which I got from High desert vapes. a friend thought that was the creamiest cheesecake flavor she tasted.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope you get the flavor to work for you Havok. I really enjoy that one. The Caps was pretty good, but left an odd aftertaste for me. Was a shame, I liked the flavor.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can you vape with a little less power? To my taste, it's creamer at low power, graham-ier with more power.
Vienna Cream or Catalan Cream (or combo) will expand that filling. Vienna for mild-and-less-baked, Catalan for hint of caramelized top... Try adding a hint of one or both.

Lol, I went as far down in power as 30 watts which does bring the cheesecake out a bit more. Will try Catalan/Vienna Creams, the former which just came in vapemail this afternoon.

Will probably try out your homevape recipe for cheesecake filling too, just have to order the FA Custard first.

Thanks!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've added a little french vanilla TFA and regular TFA cheesecake flavor using the TFA cheesecake graham as the main ingredient

if I remember correctly a while ago I had some capellas NY style cheesecake which I got from High desert vapes. a friend thought that was the creamiest cheesecake flavor she tasted.
I'll have to check to see if any of those have the bad stuff in them. Pretty sure the Cappella's does.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope you get the flavor to work for you Havok. I really enjoy that one. The Caps was pretty good, but left an odd aftertaste for me. Was a shame, I liked the flavor.
It is good even though I'm getting mostly just graham crust. Can definitely see why it's so popular.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, I went as far down in power as 30 watts which does bring the cheesecake out a bit more. Will try Catalan/Vienna Creams, the former which just came in vapemail this afternoon.

Will probably try out your homevape recipe for cheesecake filling too, just have to order the FA Custard first.

Thanks!

Keep us posted. Mine gets here tomarow. I vape from a nautilus at 8.5 watts so it'll be interesting to see if there is a difference.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keep us posted. Mine gets here tomarow. I vape from a nautilus at 8.5 watts so it'll be interesting to see if there is a difference.
I'll give it a shot later tonight and let ya know. At lower wattage maybe you'll get less graham flavor anyway.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i sorry ya'll.. looks like i am going to be busy for the next week or so..
got a few side jobs, a few mixes and a few things to scrub rub and lmao..
but will try to pop in and out.. :)

Dixie I hope you get your stuff, k??

i dont know on the vv/vw's as i stick to my mechs and drippers.. it's just simpler for me.. :p

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

i dont know on the vv/vw's as i stick to my mechs and drippers.. it's just simpler for me.. :p
be cool smoky, we will leave a light on for ya.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yes, just wave to us when you have free time. Side work is always good right before the holidays!

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wound up trying this to great success! Thanks a million HIC!!!

4% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
1% FA Vienna Cream

The Vienna Cream really tamed down the graham crust well. Will play around with the percentages a bit more, thinking 5% and 0.5% respectively. Will try out FA Catalan Cream as well.

Man, this is really good stuff! Does taste better at 30 watts though...even at 35 watts was too warm a vape for this flavor, IMO.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I wound up trying this to great success! Thanks a million HIC!!!

4% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
1% FA Vienna Cream

The Vienna Cream really tamed down the graham crust well. Will play around with the percentages a bit more, thinking 5% and 0.5% respectively. Will try out FA Catalan Cream as well.

Man, this is really good stuff! Does taste better at 30 watts though...even at 35 watts was too warm a vape for this flavor, IMO.

:) I'm glad that worked for you. I use Vienna Cream to fix all kind of things....the duct tape of flavors, lol!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Scrub Rub? :p

Have fun!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe I can get back to mixing today. I'm finally starting to taste again after having a cold over the weekend. Stuffy nose and zinc cough drops = good time to vape those juices that didn't turn out so well.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I can get back to mixing today. I'm finally starting to taste again after having a cold over the weekend. Stuffy nose and zinc cough drops = good time to vape those juices that didn't turn out so well.

Nice! When life hands your lemons, make some lemonade.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok I am vaping the Cuban Supreme as I type lol I really like this 1:p I will make a bigger batch soon lol and I want to add a bit more nilla to it also - but which 1?o_O Oh and I added a drop to my 1.5ml atty so it is 2%:D

If you have all 3, first choice would be Vanilla Bourbon (deepest, boldest of FA's vanillas).

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I know you all love VT nic but um I can not blame it on the heat in here since it is under 65f lol I taste pepper so is it the nic amount?? I use almost 18mg:confused:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I know you all love VT nic but um I can not blame it on the heat in here since it is under 65f lol I taste pepper so is it the nic amount?? I use almost 18mg:confused:

Yes, probably. You can tell if you make up a zero nic sample - there is a difference with nic, even with VT nic!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
at 18mg you are probably going to get a little peppery taste with it. with other nics imagine that times 100 lol.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
at 18mg you are probably going to get a little peppery taste with it. with other nics imagine that times 100 lol.
I tried NN and VT side by side and guess what I actually thought NN was a bit less peppery, but then I do not use any pepper at all in my food not even the veggies ones lol:confused::)

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
Dixie, I get an uncomfortable burn from VT nic anything over about 6mg/ml. At 12mg/ml it is very uncomfortable and makes my chest feel like it's closing up. I got a $2 sample from Nude Nicotine and I would say it is pretty comparable to the VT, perhaps ever so slightly less burny at higher percentages.

If you haven't yet, it might be worth trying a NN sample for $2, you get 15ml of 100mg/ml with free shipping.

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
Oops, for some reason the last few posts in this thread did not show up before I made my previous post. It seems you have tried the NN, I agree with your findings.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know I can understand a person saying they can not taste anything peppery in a unflavored nic base because I do know some people can not taste it even in the more peppery brands. What upsets me is this is the 3rd time I have had VT nic and I keep hearing how it is tasteless, when obviously it is not. Maybe it can be called less tasteful but not tasteless.:p I tend to like truth in advertising. But I guess after spending all the dang money on nic and now on flavors I will try to cover up the *less tasteful* with flavorings:confused: I am so very glad I went ahead and bought the Cuban Supreme I have a feeling it is going to be 1 of the most used flavorings out of close to 80;)

Last edited:

bobskinner

Member For 4 Years
Dixie, then only way I find the VT nic to be even remotely resembling tasteless is when I mix it at 3mg/ml and use it in my drippers. I can smell the nic and taste it increasingly as the mix goes over 3mg. I have not purchased the peppery nic, it was not available yet when I purchased from Kevin so I can't comment/compare.

The first bottle of VT I received had a very musty smell and Kevin @Vaperstek explained that they had changed the gas they mix the nic under from nitrogen to argon or something like that and that the argon was imparting some sort of flavor. He was kind enough to send me a new bottle, mixed the old way that he assured me over the phone, was very clean. I could still smell a mustiness to the new nic but it was better than the first bottle. The smell and taste of the new bottle is difficult to describe but when I mix flavorless using only VG and VG nic base at over 3mg/ml, I can taste the nic and it tastes slightly musty with a hint of something that reminds me of a rubber inner tube sitting in the sun on a hot summer's day and a slight hint of something harsh/chemical. Plus it burns my nose and throat and causes my chest to tighten uncomfortably if I go over 6mg. I sent Kevin a couple of emails with my observations and a few questions back in early august but never heard back.

I just smelled a bottle of 100mg VG base VT nic and my sample of 100mg VG base NN nic side by side and the NN smells "smoother" for lack of a better word. As mentioned the NN also tastes less harsh and burny at higher % mixes. I have heard that some find the NN to mute flavors but I have not tested that too extensively as of yet.

While I believe that everyone's taste buds function on the same principle I am also pretty sure the way a person's brain processes/clasifies the chemical stimuli can, and sometimes does, differ from others. I think that is why some people find the VT nic (and some flavorings, yay look at me bringing the post back on topic!) to be different from the general consensus.

I hope your nic/vaping quest is a success. Personally, I found drippers deliver more nic than a tank, particularly with a dual coil setup. They have allowed me to lower the nic in the mix and to taste it less while still providing the nic in a satisfactory amount.

Well, that was longer than I planned...

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm , I am one of the people that doesn't get a pepper taste to VT nic at all . I get my nic from Kevin and I get it mixed in PG and love it . Now I have a freezer full of nic I bought from different places before I knew about Kevin and if you want to talk about pepper taste and burning , wow I have some of that. VT nic to me is the best I have ever used and find it brings out the different nuances in my juice that I could not taste before using different nic.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
honestly.. i can not tell the difference between wl, vt or mine..
but that is just me.. i do know what peppered nic tastes like..
i just have not had any in a very long time. :)

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dixie, I don't think anyone is saying it is tasteless when they are tasting peppery. Truthfully it is tasteless to me.
I mix at 15mg for me and I do not taste the peppery taste that I had with my previous nicotine.
Sorry you are not getting the same experience.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should be impossible to taste any difference in 99.5% pure(pharmacuatical grade) nic. Especially when we are using such diluted amounts. Unless, the nic itself is oxidized to some extent. I do not understand the 'best tasting nic' opinions.

How can I mute the flavor of X flavor by using some Y flavor and still taste a nic contaminant at 0.0003%?

VU Sponsors