Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
nic...just to throw another log on the fire here. Most people mention the vendor when discussing the smooth/flavor/pepper/whatever of their nic, but not all mention whether it's in PG or VG. Perhaps a given vendor may have a peppery PG nic and smoother VG, or vice-versa. When you buy "100 mg" nic base, it's only 10% nic, and 90% VG or PG. ... and I know from experience various sources of those substances can give me different results.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I am by no means a pro on nic and how it is processed however, I believe the different taste in nic comes from how the nic was refined in the first place.Meaning what chemicals were used and then refined out. Then how that nic is cut so we can get it. The slightest oxidation when the nic is being cut can result in peppery nic with bad taste . Hopefully we can hear from Kevin on this matter because he is very passionate about the technique in processing nicotine .

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, I knew I'd get some feedback:) Ok I paid $20 for 120 ml of 100mg nic in a 50/50 pg/vg base, so no throat hit nic, as if I'd ever buy that lol. And Yes of course it is all my fault that I can taste something peppery heck I should just shear off those pesky old taste buds, then I'd not taste it:pOf course then I could just buy any old nic and would save some money huho_O

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ahh well.. lol.. :D

all of my nic from both companies, and what I mix (private stock) is 100%vg

now.. of course when i open the bottle of 100%vg nic at 100ml, it smells all the same..
not placed into any recipe.. once you get a good smell of nicotine, you wont forget it..

but I wabble in my nic % thruout the day, from 12mg to 0 and up to around 6%
i think due to me bouncing in levels, is why i can not tell the difference..

but it has yet to effect my flavorings when putting a recipe together.. I am wonked :p

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nic...just to throw another log on the fire here. Most people mention the vendor when discussing the smooth/flavor/pepper/whatever of their nic, but not all mention whether it's in PG or VG. Perhaps a given vendor may have a peppery PG nic and smoother VG, or vice-versa. When you buy "100 mg" nic base, it's only 10% nic, and 90% VG or PG. ... and I know from experience various sources of those substances can give me different results.

Slight turn of subject..
I am just getting ready to delve into DIY and am considering a $-saving purchase of a liter of 100% nic from myfreedomsmokes.com as part of my initial expenditure. This may seem a silly question, but I wonder if starting at such a high percentage will make it more likely that any nicotine odor this brand may (or may not) have is detectable in the diluted result? I can't think why it would, since presumably all ejuice base containing nice is diluted from a higher percentage. But I feel like I read this somewhere and am compelled to ask.

Any opinions on MFS nicotine would also be most welcome. I've been researching myself dizzy, but can't really get a good sense of the qualities of the MFS type--except that the consensus seems to be Vaper's Tek is better. :)
edit: apologies in advance if the info is already contained in this thread. I told you I am dizzy!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Slight turn of subject..
I am just getting ready to delve into DIY and am considering a $-saving purchase of a liter of 100% nic from myfreedomsmokes.com as part of my initial expenditure. This may seem a silly question, but I wonder if starting at such a high percentage will make it more likely that any nicotine odor this brand may (or may not) have is detectable in the diluted result? I can't think why it would, since presumably all ejuice base containing nice is diluted from a higher percentage. But I feel like I read this somewhere and am compelled to ask.

Any opinions on MFS nicotine would also be most welcome. I've been researching myself dizzy, but can't really get a good sense of the qualities of the MFS type--except that the consensus seems to be Vaper's Tek is better. :)

This has been discussed here and is a good starting point to see what people think:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/who-sells-the-cleanest-clearest-nicotine.18414/

Getting this thread back on track, what's everyone favorite FA fruit flavor? I seem to be hooked on lemon LOL

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Slight turn of subject..

Getting higher mg nic makes no difference in the peppery taste. If it is there it will be there in small percentages as well. I have several liters in the freezer from MFS. It was good until I tried better. Now I don't like it. The quality could have changed since I purchased it but there is a huge difference in VT to me.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks so much for the link, Amanda D, and for your opinion/experience, LD.
Yes... sorry for the interruption and please return to your regularly scheduled thread discussion!

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You people do get that it is not Kevin I am not happy with - riiiiiight? I think Kevin is awesome! He tries so hard to give us all what we want thus the Throat Hit nic he now carries. I truly believe that no matter who carries it nic will always have a peppery taste to me:( So does this mean I need to use more flavorings??o_O

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Slight turn of subject..

edit: apologies in advance if the info is already contained in this thread. I told you I am dizzy!

No, the higher nic won't make a difference once diluted.

Heartlandvapes has a sale going now for 1 liter 100mg @ $45.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Slight turn of subject..

I never had a problem with MFS nic...until I tried VT. lol Really it's good but I'll use it for tobacco vapes since I have a metric shit ton in the freezer. I get a slight peppery taste and throat hit. For me VT is best for fruits and dessert vapes. No peppery taste or throat hit for me on the regular PG VT.
I tried a lot of different suppliers in small amounts when I first started DIY. MFS, RTS, a few others. All OK but not with fruits or desserts...for me anyway.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a few FA flavors I've never used - licorice for one (and I used to love licorice), white wine, champagne - and chestnut. Marron Glacee sounds good!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm favorite FA fruit? Is Liquid Amber a fruit? No? It goes great with fruits whatever it is.
I
Have to try amber with some other FA fruits that I like.... Strawberry.... And maybe watermelon, ..... Oh and banana . Ahh but then again we can't forget how good apricot is ( but just such a light taste damnit)

I just enjoy so many FA fruits ..,,, it's hard for me to say which is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's really good with Dragon fruit T-ball. Not FA they don't have one. VZSC or TFA. I'm a minority here that like Inawera fruits better. Shhhh. :) I'll take the FA creams over ANYbody else's any day though. Noms.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really good with Dragon fruit T-ball. Not FA they don't have one. VZSC or TFA. I'm a minority here that like Inawera fruits better. Shhhh. :) I'll take the FA creams over ANYbody else's any day though. Noms.
I have TFA dragon fruit .... Slip me your secret % of the dragon and amber :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been dabbling in a few inawera fruits if late. :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite fruit FA flavoring is white peach ..., or maybe Fuji Apple.

FA white peach & Fuji apple are yummy and I'm not huge on apple vapes.
have you tried them together?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few FA flavors I've never used - licorice for one (and I used to love licorice)

didja ever try some chocolate/cocoa with licorice/anise? An Aussie gave me that idea, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I almost always add Anise to lighten up that Licorice flavor.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
didja ever try some chocolate/cocoa with licorice/anise? An Aussie gave me that idea, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I almost always add Anise to lighten up that Licorice flavor.

yeps and combined that with raspberry.. delish!! :)
of course a drop of caramel won't hurt too :p *giggles..

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
<southern accent on> I do declare, your language is givin' me the the vapors. lol, I always wanted to say that...
I'm glad you like it!
I will have to give this one a go. I haven't found a chocolate vape I love yet.

Favorite fruits are Lemon Sicily with Papaya runner up and some Pineapple is a great pair. Also on the Liquid Amber bandwagon.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I will have to give this one a go. I haven't found a chocolate vape I love yet.

Favorite fruits are Lemon Sicily with Papaya runner up and some Pineapple is a great pair. Also on the Liquid Amber bandwagon.

oh my, HIC.. hope you have a few chocolates..
give me a day or so, will pop up mine.. once i find it!
but still bouncing off and on.. tomorrow will be ruff.. :oops:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha, not a challenge or anything. I think his chocolates are good. I just have never really liked any chocolate vape to date. Doesn't translate to vapor imo. I was thinking maybe there are enough other favors going on in that recipe that I would enjoy it. For the record I don't have VT nic as he suggested on his breakthrough chocolate everyone loves.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ha, not a challenge or anything. I think his chocolates are good. I just have never really liked any chocolate vape to date. Doesn't translate to vapor imo. I was thinking maybe there are enough other favors going on in that recipe that I would enjoy it. For the record I don't have VT nic as he suggested on his breakthrough chocolate everyone loves.

uhhhh.. lmao

smoky is tired.. was aiming at you, Rygon.. not HIC :p
but yes will dig and see if i can find mine..

i hope you will have at least the chocolate truffle by vz ;)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
uhhhh.. lmao

smoky is tired.. was aiming at you, Rygon.. not HIC :p
but yes will dig and see if i can find mine..

i hope you will have at least the chocolate truffle by vz ;)
No, I read you. I just wanted to clarify that I meant I don't enjoy chocolate vapes much rather than I don't enjoy particular recipes posted here.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ahhh.. well..

is alright.. I made a pb cookie dough the other day..
turns out my better half does not like to vape peanut butter.. :p
he would rather eat it :D

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ahhh.. well..

is alright.. I made a pb cookie dough the other day..
turns out my better half does not like to vape peanut butter.. :p
he would rather eat it :D
Im with him on that too. Much like chocolate I have had pretty good peanut butter vapes that remind me of peanut butter but none actually taste like real PB. But as a part of a more layered recipe it could be fine. Does that make sense? I could be odd in this way.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I probably don't have any chocolates that Rygon (and everyone else) hasn't already seen.
Here are some of my favorites and why I like them:

Swiss Bliss Almond like this: 2% Cocoa, 2% Chocolate, 1% acetylpyrazine (half that for people who taste it), 1% FA Almond is my favorite adaptation, because the almonds make it more candy-bar to me, further cover the ap, and I like the slightly lighter-chocolate flavor from these percents.

Irish Mocha
, with @Thunderball 's suggestion in that thread, because it's milk chocolate hot chocolate, not dark or candy*

Toblerone
, because it's so cool how a tiny addition to Swiss Bliss transforms it into that particular chocolate bar.

Ferrero Rocher
, I think tastes just like the candies, and I really like that cookie-wafer bit

Coconut Milky Way is my favorite 3 Milky Musketeers variation - very rich, and one I really wish actually existed.

*(Swiss Mocha Almond Coffee: 1.5% FA Cocoa, 1% FA Chocolate, 1% acetylpyrazine, 1% FA Almond, 1% FA Tiramisu is one I vape for a richer, more powerful mocha, when Irish Mocha is not enough oompf for me)

Anyone who doesn't like any of those should totally avoid everything I post using FA Cocoa and/or FA Chocolate. They're all derived from the same basic ideas and flavors. In other words, all my methods of making chocolate are used in that set of recipes.

Oh, different set of tricks for bakery chocolates! My Girl Scout Thin Mints and Basic Cocoa Cookies (the all chocolate version) illustrate those.

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I probably don't have any chocolates that Rygon (and everyone else) hasn't already seen.
Here are some of my favorites and why I like them:

Swiss Bliss Almond like this: 2% Cocoa, 2% Chocolate, 1% acetylpyrazine (half that for people who taste it), 1% FA Almond is my favorite adaptation, because the almonds make it more candy-bar to me, further cover the ap, and I like the slightly lighter-chocolate flavor from these percents.

Irish Mocha
, with @Thunderball 's suggestion in that thread, because it's milk chocolate hot chocolate, not dark or candy*

Toblerone
, because it's so cool how a tiny addition to Swiss Bliss transforms it into that particular chocolate bar.

Ferrero Rocher
, I think tastes just like the candies, and I really like that cookie-wafer bit

Coconut Milky Way is my favorite 3 Milky Musketeers variation - very rich, and one I really wish actually existed.

*(Swiss Mocha Almond Coffee: 1.5% FA Cocoa, 1% FA Chocolate, 1% acetylpyrazine, 1% FA Almond, 1% FA Tiramisu is one I vape for a richer, more powerful mocha, when Irish Mocha is not enough oompf for me)

Anyone who doesn't like any of those should totally avoid everything I post using FA Cocoa and/or FA Chocolate. They're all derived from the same basic ideas and flavors. In other words, all my methods of making chocolate are used in that set of recipes.
Yeah, I played around with your Swiss bliss for a few weeks. Best straight chocolate I've tried so far. Ended up enjoying it most with marzipan and cookie but I got tired of how it gunked my coils. But this one with all your variations sounds like fun to play around with chocolate again.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Im with him on that too. Much like chocolate I have had pretty good peanut butter vapes that remind me of peanut butter but none actually taste like real PB. But as a part of a more layered recipe it could be fine. Does that make sense? I could be odd in this way.

that's not odd at all. There are lots of flavors I just don't like by themselves (even if I like the real food by itself). Most, in fact! (FA Chocolate is top of that list....can't stand it by itself)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need to order some more flavors, chocolate being top of the list...

In the meantime, my favorite FA fruit has to be melon/cantaloupe, by leaps and bounds.
Ding! I really enjoy that flavor, too. I also like Citrus Mix. I was never a big fan of fruit vapes that didn't involve creams. FA changed that for me. I really like most of the FA fruits. They're very true to name. Some just don't work for me, but very, very few.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have TFA dragon fruit .... Slip me your secret % of the dragon and amber :)

8 -10% For TFA dragon fruit as solo. Up to 12 if you really like it strong.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Last edited:

VU Sponsors