caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I admire anyone who has the courage to have eye surgery. Best wishes to you! Me, I'm a big chicken and must continue to use a dorky magnifying visor.
I would be happy with a magnifying visor too if it would help. But my eyes are different and it just magnifies the difference. I currently wear reading glasses with the glass removed in the bad eye. My brain compensates as best it can and I forget that the left eye is just a blur.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@caddisfly Thank You for your service. I started rebuilding the PT heads because of all the bad heads. Then I figured If Im going to rebuild then I might as well get the a rebuild-able. I started on an RSST then moved to a Kayfun. The flavor from the Kayfun is slot better than a PT plus you can get all the nice custom accessories :) The only bad part is you have to have an empty tank to change with your build. Now with the Kayfun 4 you can top fill and change your build without emptying the tank. Of course the only bad thing is the clone is wearing out Orings a bit faster. I need to figure out which size it is and order a bunch from Fasttech.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
try this on those nauty heads. Look on the sides and you will see 4 holes where the juice goes in. Stick a big pin in the holes. Actually the pin will probably go into only 2 of them so don't force it. Then screw the head into the base and saturate with juice or just plain vg if you don't want to waste. Screw the base onto your mod and hit the button. Be careful, you don't want to burn it dry. You may want to resaturate and burn a couple of times. Then soak with your juice, fill your tank and have at it.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a Coil jiggy thingamabop. I'm curious, it was cheap. Also on the slow boat. D, if we end up liking ours, that may be your best deal yet.
I jist ordered one too! Should be here today. you know i have that bad hand, so holding those little screwdrivers to wrap coils on is so hard. Hope the jig works like its supposed to, will save me so much grief and unnecessary cursing lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Shout-out to all the peeps on this thread, mostly for turning me on to Mama J's juice and FA. First off, a great big giant kudo's go to Mama J's & wllmc for their first rate customer service, they have got to be the fastest order filler/shippers either side of the Mississippi! Secondly, they have great prices with free shipping for orders over $20. I've been meaning to write this for awhile and am just now getting around to it, I've been busy. Anybody looking to try FA flavorings I highly recommend them! I have ordered most of my flavorings (up until I found out about Mama J's in this thread) from VZ and will continue to get some things from them mostly because they are local and they have a huge variety, but their prices are high. My only hope is that Mama J's continues to expand their flavor offerings and continues their excellent service.

Thanks again Ya'll
Very much appreciated!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a few other things with mine. After a couple of weeks of nothing, they divided the order into 2, then 3 parts. The last came in first. It appears the thing I really wanted, the coil master, will come in last. It has departed Nashville, so it may or may not get delivered today. I will get the middle one today though.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a few other things with mine. After a couple of weeks of nothing, they divided the order into 2, then 3 parts. The last came in first. It appears the thing I really wanted, the coil master, will come in last. It has departed Nashville, so it may or may not get delivered today. I will get the middle one today though.
I seen that one after i order mine. In ended up getting the kuro concepts cw. Its a 6 in 1 winder. that style of winder like the coil master type seems to be the best And easiest. Will be playing tonight. Day 6 on the clock lol. Ugh this day cant end fast enough and it hasnt even started. I just want to hang out at mama js and talk vaping with the fa club. Have a great day all, time to earn that paycheck so,Mama J doesnt make me sleep outside ! Hahahaha haha!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All you technical ladies deserve a pat on the back.
I watched some u-tube videos on coil building long ago and saw some girls doing coils.
I was like, huh, if they can do it, I can, and was quite impressed.

Got my Coil Master off Ebay so I didn't need to wait very long, from a California source I think.
I only order from Slowtek when I'm not in a hurry.
Ordered a DVD from Aus. that took 2 months to get here, lol.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@caddisfly Thank You! I have a good friend, I call him dad. He's shared a lot with me...he and his wife on how he and their entire family was affected by his service. He told me stories. He is a beautiful person. He and his family went through hell. So when I say thank you I don't say it lightly. It is a heartfelt and emotional thank you. I'll pray that surgery goes well.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@caddisfly Thank You for your service. I started rebuilding the PT heads because of all the bad heads. Then I figured If Im going to rebuild then I might as well get the a rebuild-able. I started on an RSST then moved to a Kayfun. The flavor from the Kayfun is slot better than a PT plus you can get all the nice custom accessories :) The only bad part is you have to have an empty tank to change with your build. Now with the Kayfun 4 you can top fill and change your build without emptying the tank. Of course the only bad thing is the clone is wearing out Orings a bit faster. I need to figure out which size it is and order a bunch from Fasttech.
That was my concern because I started out on dual coils...the flavor. @HeadInClouds this Dulce de Leche Churros...Oh HIC! It's to die for!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So the coils that come in these tanks are good? I've heard so many complaints in fasttech reviews on different tank coils that come in tanks...so this is good to know. Now do you rebuild these coils also?

I rebuild all coils on all my Fasttech stuff. I swear there's a machine oil flavor that just won't go away (could be my overactive imagination). No more hit-and-miss performance, now that I've gotten good at it.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly Thank You! I have a good friend, I call him dad. He's shared a lot with me...he and his wife on how he and their entire family was affected by his service. He told me stories. He is a beautiful person. He and his family went through hell. So when I say thank you I don't say it lightly. It is a heartfelt and emotional thank you. I'll pray that surgery goes well.
Thank you very much Daintanee. Now that I'm older I do appreciate the thanks I get. When I was 19 and on my way to Vietnam... not so much. But it's all in the past and nothing to dwell upon.

Now if I could only find that right mix of cake, cookie, and nuts...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you very much Daintanee. Now that I'm older I do appreciate the thanks I get. When I was 19 and on my way to Vietnam... not so much. But it's all in the past and nothing to dwell upon.

Now if I could only find that right mix of cake, cookie, and nuts...
I found so many great recipes, but I know what you mean...it's like me trying to make that perfect vanilla vape. It can be frustrating. I'm finding a bit of coconut & marzipan help with the Cakey effect. I made Huck some Vanilla-CocoNut Rum Cookies... pretty good, but not cake like.
http://vapingunderground.com/posts/357238/

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found so many great recipes, but I know what you mean...it's like me trying to make that perfect vanilla vape. It can be frustrating. I'm finding a bit of coconut & marzipan help with the Cakey effect. I made Huck some Vanilla-CocoNut Rum Cookies... pretty good, but not cake like.
http://vapingunderground.com/posts/357238/
She made me big poofy clouds of sweet rumness cookies!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had to work all week and it looks like I missed out on a lot. That Sweet Vanilla-CocoNut Rum Cookies for Huckleberried looks good. I'm gonna give it a try.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Huckleberried @caddisfly you'd think between all of us mixing nuts & cookie & flavors we could come up with that cake like effect. I wonder about meringue....read hics notes...light airy cookie. Caddisfly are you liking the caps cake batter or custard s? I'm finding they are not my thing. However heabob recently started posting recipes using 1% of it vs. 10% I'm wondering how that would work into cake also.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried @caddisfly you'd think between all of us mixing nuts & cookie & flavors we could come up with that cake like effect. I wonder about meringue....read hics notes...light airy cookie. Caddisfly are you liking the caps cake batter or custard s? I'm finding they are not my thing. However heabob recently started posting recipes using 1% of it vs. 10% I'm wondering how that would work into cake also.
I'm liking them a lot. The cake batter has a unique taste that compliments the pineapple in my upsidedown cake. I've upped it to 1% from .5%. That is about as high as I would like to try it though. It could easily overwhelm everything. The V2 caps custard I use as kind of a neutral cake and I use vienna cream to give it a flavor. I don't think there is much of an upper limit on v2 beyond what common sense calls for.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that idea, the Vienna giving the custard flavor. I was going to mess around with vanillas, Vienna and small amounts of custard & cake batter.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We're thinking alike. Have you tried Vanilla Tahiti? I've got an unopened bottle here that I haven't tried yet. I probably should at least make a tester bottle. Today however is for replenishing my ADV's It's going to be another busy week at work and I depleted my stocks last week. Not to mention doing shopping, laundry, dishes...etc. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, but I forgot what it tastes standalone. I know I mixed it up with some pomegranate and fruit with other small additions and was a light buttery cream ed fruit.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I rebuild all coils on all my Fasttech stuff. I swear there's a machine oil flavor that just won't go away (could be my overactive imagination). No more hit-and-miss performance, now that I've gotten good at it.

One of mine has the machine oil taste, tried everything but to no avail.

Not your imagination, lol.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With any new atty, but especially the Chinese ones, I drop them into a boiling cup of water and let them sit for a bit, then rinse. Sometimes more than once.

I got the last 2 fasttech shipments today. One was a tugboat with matching mod. The atty got the boiling treatment.

Then I built it using my new coil master. That thing is brilliant. Dual coils, 26g, 10 wraps, perfectly matched coils. Easy peasy. I'm not going back the screwdrivers or drillbits.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my attempt to create a buttery type cake, as I added a drop or two shakes and caped I ended up with a sweet, buttered nut, slightly spiced cake....
1% FA Vienna cream
.5% FA Caramel
.5% FA coconut
.5% FA Marzipan
.5% FA cookie
.5% FA Apple pie
.5% FA cardamom
.5% FA Meringue
.25% FA Hazelnut
.25% tfa Brown sugar extra
.25% tfa Acetyl pyrazine

This was real good, had a hard time finding it again.
Buttery & Nutty, I just labeled my bottle Butter Nut Cake cause I didn't see a name.
Deserves its own thread IMO.
I did drop the AP tho.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well thanks Heabob! Forgot about that one. I'll have to revisit it. I put the ap in for buttery, but I didn't get enough cake. I do so love that cardamom!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Thunderball , indeed...but I must have a short attention span. I tend to go from one thing to the next & bounce all about.forgetting this or that, therefore I laugh at myself a great deal.

Rumrunner64

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally had time to make out to the post office to pick up my second order from mama j's. Ordering from wllmc is like buying a lottery ticket. You never know what extra goodies they put in the parcel. Thank you so much, for the tasty treats. Now I have to go and mix them up and give try.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think Wllmc should include signed pictures of himself in each order...... @wllmc , is your last name Luden ? :p
Mrs. C. is a little nicer on the eyes than myself lol.
................................................................................
I dont always sign invoices ... but when I do, its because its 4am and Mama J is still sleeping and Im trying to help her catch up.

xxjoexx33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any suggestions on passionfruit or pomegranate? They both smell so good but not sure what to mix it with.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ive been on a pom kick to. Ive just been putting it with everything lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys! Ya all know I've been thinking of rebuilding! Now, I am either real smart or real stupid, but I was thinking and pm ing some of you and had a wow moment. I was told since I'm a lung vapor the kayfun might have to light a draw for me. Everyone seems to differ on what's easiest to build on. How to experiment cheap? Well, my girl don't like her new kanger sub ohm tank and 50 watt istick. She wants to trade for my nautilus and istick 20 watt. If you review this tank I think it may be a Rda for dummies because if u can't rebuild it u can buy stock coils. Build deck looks similar to kayfun. Any ideas on what wire and how many wraps to make a single coil between 1.5-1.8 ohm?

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi guys! Ya all know I've been thinking of rebuilding! Now, I am either real smart or real stupid, but I was thinking and pm ing some of you and had a wow moment. I was told since I'm a lung vapor the kayfun might have to light a draw for me. Everyone seems to differ on what's easiest to build on. How to experiment cheap? Well, my girl don't like her new kanger sub ohm tank and 50 watt istick. She wants to trade for my nautilus and istick 20 watt. If you review this tank I think it may be a Rda for dummies because if u can't rebuild it u can buy stock coils. Build deck looks similar to kayfun. Any ideas on what wire and how many wraps to make a single coil between 1.5-1.8 ohm?

You might find this calculator helpful...
http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here you go:
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?awg=28&id=2

Be warned this can be much trickier to wick than the Kayfun, simply because on many of them the channels aren't quite wide enough and need to be filed out. Some are fine, but some have to be fiddled with. I love my subtanks!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Amanda! Nautilus stock coils suck lately, too difficult to rebuild, so no real loss to me in my trade.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep. Grab both. Does your friend not know she can just run the istick 50 at a lower wattage? That battery would last forever doing that.

VU Sponsors