FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm snowed/iced in today. It has been very pleasant. Just saw only the 2nd car of the day at my end of the street and they had to back down the street as they couldn't get traction to turn around. (I'm on a hill).

I've built my new Tobh v2 clone, rewicked a couple of other attys, and in a bit will mix. I'm going to try the golden oreo mix and, if I have enough strawberry, some more unicorn milk.

Anyone else snowed in?

BTW, I found my little pad.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm snowed/iced in today. It has been very pleasant. Just saw only the 2nd car of the day at my end of the street and they had to back down the street as they couldn't get traction to turn around. (I'm on a hill).

I've built my new Tobh v2 clone, rewicked a couple of other attys, and in a bit will mix. I'm going to try the golden oreo mix and, if I have enough strawberry, some more unicorn milk.

Anyone else snowed in?

Yeah, pretty much. We got about half inch of sleet/ice with a few inches of snow on top. Happy I didn't have to get out today.

Oh nice, a new Tobh. You'll be chucking some clouds with that one! I just got a Goblin in the mail today, liking it very much so far.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh nice, a new Tobh. You'll be chucking some clouds with that one! I just got a Goblin in the mail today, liking it very much so far.

I looked up the Goblin. It's cute! My tobh is white and looks sharp on my white smpl. Plus it's got a nice big deck to build on. I've got some masala tea from Gaslight in Gallatin working in it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Freezing rain topped with 4 inches of snow! Some got as much as 20 inches. So many cars stuck on 65 they closed it from bowling green to Elizabethtown. National guard was picking people up and taking them to warm places.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Anyone else snowed in?

Yea, where was the pad? Oh and hail to all rda peoples! I've been thinking on this lately. But fear doing a build. Wondering if coils built must be sub ohm? Can you build a 1.6 coil? Is kayfun easiest to stArt with? Sick of s stupid dud coils. What is needed to start? And Susan if we are close, maybe I could be your shadow and you could show me how? Or maybe someone wants to do a type of Skype with me?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, where was the pad? Oh and hail to all rda peoples! I've been thinking on this lately. But fear doing a build. Wondering if coils built must be sub ohm? Can you build a 1.6 coil? Is kayfun easiest to stArt with? Sick of s stupid dud coils. What is needed to start? And Susan if we are close, maybe I could be your shadow and you could show me how? Or maybe someone wants to do a type of Skype with me?

Kayfuns don't like to be too low,and you can build your coil however you want! So, no, no need to subohm with any RDA. I use a tiny Igo-L for testing flavors, and I build that at 1.5!.

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
Shout-out to all the peeps on this thread, mostly for turning me on to Mama J's juice and FA. First off, a great big giant kudo's go to Mama J's & wllmc for their first rate customer service, they have got to be the fastest order filler/shippers either side of the Mississippi! Secondly, they have great prices with free shipping for orders over $20. I've been meaning to write this for awhile and am just now getting around to it, I've been busy. Anybody looking to try FA flavorings I highly recommend them! I have ordered most of my flavorings (up until I found out about Mama J's in this thread) from VZ and will continue to get some things from them mostly because they are local and they have a huge variety, but their prices are high. My only hope is that Mama J's continues to expand their flavor offerings and continues their excellent service.

Thanks again Ya'll

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The great thing about rebuildables is you can build them to what you like. That being said you also have to think about the device you are building them for. Kayfuns are a great way to get into rebuildables if you want a tank style vape. They are easy to build and give great flavor. Drippers will give alot more vapor but you do have to drip alot more. Do you use mechs or regulated mods? If you are want to skype or chat feel free to PM me.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm 30 miles east of Nashville in Lebanon. A high build of a single coil is pretty simple. Dual coil can be a bit trickier. I have a coil master on order, but apparently will get it when hell freezes over, which already happened. :confused:

Watch Youtube vids. There are lots of them on building coils. Though if you ever get down here I'll be glad to help. Also ask at a local shop if they will show you.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What type of device are you using now D? You can rebuild some factory coils which a lot of folks do and as Susan mentioned, there are videos on YouTube that might be helpful. :)

There are so many RDAs out there nowadays that I hesitate to recommend one; they all have pros and cons but which are more important to you is a lot like juice preferences in a subjective sense.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow thanks you guys! I looked into rebuilding aspire bvc nautilus & other bvc coils...looks like people haven't done so well. I also have the kangertech 1.8 ohm dual coils...top breaks easily...it looks to complicated. I've started reading in the newbie coil builds. Definitely want a tank style. Um, mech' s or mod' s? I don't know the difference. Ok, get ready to laugh. I have a 1000mah evod & clone spinner that runs to hot and lasts like an hour...assuming those don't count. I have the istick 20 watt that runs so hot even at 5-6 watts is frying my nautilus bvc coils, unless it's the coils...but it runs hotter than he'll...can't use any tanks on it other than nautilus. I have a itaste mpv. The 11 watt one. So I'd probably need help or ideas on choosing a mod and atty....clones would be awesome, as well as online places to buy. Vape stores here...not very helpful. As for my personal preferences...on the kangertech sub ohm tank .5 ohm coil @ 8 watts on istick 50 watt of a kid I know it was too hot, burnt my lips. And he has no idea on rebuilds. I may be able to trade/barter for his set up, but concerned on rebuilds on kangertech...can I do a 1.5/2.0 on them?

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm 30 miles east of Nashville in Lebanon. A high build of a single coil is pretty simple. Dual coil can be a bit trickier. I have a coil master on order, but apparently will get it when hell freezes over, which already happened. :confused:

Watch Youtube vids. There are lots of them on building coils. Though if you ever get down here I'll be glad to help. Also ask at a local shop if they will show you.

I recently got one of those but haven't played with it yet, using up my other home-made coils first.
Doing it by hand, old style, I usually end up with a bad 1st wrap and later develops into a hot leg.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow thanks you guys! I looked into rebuilding aspire bvc nautilus & other bvc coils...looks like people haven't done so well. I also have the kangertech 1.8 ohm dual coils...top breaks easily...it looks to complicated. I've started reading in the newbie coil builds. Definitely want a tank style. Um, mech' s or mod' s? I don't know the difference. Ok, get ready to laugh. I have a 1000mah evod & clone spinner that runs to hot and lasts like an hour...assuming those don't count. I have the istick 20 watt that runs so hot even at 5-6 watts is frying my nautilus bvc coils, unless it's the coils...but it runs hotter than he'll...can't use any tanks on it other than nautilus. I have a itaste mpv. The 11 watt one. So I'd probably need help or ideas on choosing a mod and atty....clones would be awesome, as well as online places to buy. Vape stores here...not very helpful. As for my personal preferences...on the kangertech sub ohm tank .5 ohm coil @ 8 watts on istick 50 watt of a kid I know it was too hot, burnt my lips. And he has no idea on rebuilds. I may be able to trade/barter for his set up, but concerned on rebuilds on kangertech...can I do a 1.5/2.0 on them?

Single Coil Kanger Heads are easier to start with IMO.
1.6 to 2 ohm range on a Provari Mini.
Using an Anyvape Davide Glassomizer with a Kanger airflow controller on the bottom.
It's just a PT2 Clone really.
They've been simple, reliable, and durable for me.
Easy to fill also.
Just don't wanna hassle with dual coils, sub ohms, or dripping, guess I'm just too lazy:D

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Single Coil Kanger Heads are easier to start with IMO.
1.6 to 2 ohm range on a Provari Mini.
Using an Anyvape Davide Glassomizer with a Kanger airflow controller on the bottom.
It's just a PT2 Clone really.
They've been simple, reliable, and durable for me.
Easy to fill also.
Just don't wanna hassle with dual coils, sub ohms, or dripping, guess I'm just too lazy:D
Oh I don't care to sub ohm or drip either and no way could I build a dual coil!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm inclined to believe that dual coils, sub ohm and high wattage setups were all devised in order to force consumers to devour exponentially greater amounts of juice and to sell increasingly more expensive hardware! :eek:

I kid of course but it's not without at least some merit. :)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

For ego type batteries you want to stay above 1 ohm, they arent built for lower ohm builds but most will fire them. My wife uses an Istick with nautilus tank (she has 2 of these) but keeps them set at 3v with the 1.5 or 1.8 heads. The Isticks fire higher than what they are set at, it is PWM in the mean setting. You can run drippers on the Istick if you build above an ohm and they dont perfom to bad. The 50 watt Istick is supposed to be more accurate on its settings, I have one ordered but dont have it yet. As far as rebuilding heads, protank style heads are the easiest that I have tried. If you are wanting a tank style rebuildable I would still stick to a kayfun style, they are the easiest to build IMO. As far as mods go the big difference is a mechanical mod (mech) has no protections and is just straight battery power. A regulated mod (like the Istick) is going to have a variable power setting and normally offer over/under charge protection. I would stick with regulated mods if you aren't really wanting to go with lower ohm builds for dripping. You have to know what you are doing with battery safety and ohms law if you are going to move into sub ohm builds.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm inclined to believe that dual coils, sub ohm and high wattage setups were all devised in order to force consumers to devour exponentially greater amounts of juice and to sell increasingly more expensive hardware! :eek:

OK I have to agree. I will say that I mostly run a dripper on a regulated mod unless I am out and about. I like the higher volume of vapor that I can get from a dripper, plus they give a much truer flavor. I dont feel like I HAVE to blow clouds, but dripping just seems more satisfying to me. I do use a Kanger mini sub tank while at work and driving but its what I would consider a backup for when I cant drip.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Lol, I can burn thru 10ml daily on my cheapo tank, and usually more on the weekends.
Hate to think I'd be using even more...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone. If I rebuild I will do single coils. I've 3 choices. 1.) Any coils that fit the kangertech mini 3 protank, they differ from the protank 2, but can find old style coils for them online. I'm guessing this is the best choice. The aspire bdc or bvc for nautilus or other tanks are my other options w/o buying tanks. Oh Oggy you are correct on the isticks. The 50 watt isn't dead on, but close.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks everyone. If I rebuild I will do single coils. I've 3 choices. 1.) Any coils that fit the kangertech mini 3 protank, they differ from the protank 2, but can find old style coils for them online. I'm guessing this is the best choice. The aspire bdc or bvc for nautilus or other tanks are my other options w/o buying tanks. Oh Oggy you are correct on the isticks. The 50 watt isn't dead on, but close.

All of the BDC types are near impossible to rebuild.
But ok if you just wanna buy replacements, but I always thought they were kinda pricy.
I've got a couple of Mini PT2s I rebuild but the threads get wonky real easily.
Keep them for backup use only now.
You may be able to find some of the older PT2s on Ebay.

My PT2 Clone (Glass) setup only cost me like 10-12 bucks, and will use any of the Kanger PT2 type heads.

Had a hard time with the stock Kanger heads not working, dry hits, flooding, etc.
It kinda forced me into making my own coils and using cotton or rayon wicks.

I think all the Kanger 3 stuff is not compatible with Kanger 2 stuff.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of the BDC types are near impossible to rebuild.
But ok if you just wanna buy replacements, but I always thought they were kinda pricy.
I've got a couple of Mini PT2s I rebuild but the threads get wonky real easily.
Keep them for backup use only now.
You may be able to find some of the older PT2s on Ebay.

My PT2 Clone (Glass) setup only cost me like 10-12 bucks, and will use any of the Kanger PT2 type heads.

Had a hard time with the stock Kanger heads not working, dry hits, flooding, etc.
It kinda forced me into making my own coils and using cotton or rayon wicks.

I think all the Kanger 3 stuff is not compatible with Kanger 2 stuff.
No, not compatible, however they still leak real well. You mean you can build them so they don't leak? Nice!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just ordered about 10 knock off mini protank 2s from FT. LIke $3.50 each. D, they're easy to build. If I can, you can. I made your cookie earlier today. Waiting on an empty tank.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so let me ask this, how does building a single ohm coil on say a protank 2 or t3s compare to flavor hits versus say the aspire nautilus?

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so let me ask this, how does building a single ohm coil on say a protank 2 or t3s compare to flavor hits versus say the aspire nautilus?

I've never had a protank but on the t3s, the flavor was nice. Not as much vapor though. I like some vapor for satisfaction. But it is a good atty for an ego style connector. I PIFfed all but one of mine, along with my Innokin pen, to my niece hoping she will give up the analogs. Talking about it though, I may try some juice in the one I have left and see what it tastes like on my MVP now.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the other version of t3, maybe it's a t2, I don't recall. Flavor from a protank mini, to me at least, is great with a rebuilt coil. Pyrex does something for flavor, that I can't beat with anything I've tried so far.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the other version of t3, maybe it's a t2, I don't recall. Flavor from a protank mini, to me at least, is great with a rebuilt coil. Pyrex does something for flavor, that I can't beat with anything I've tried so far.

Tapping on my t3, I think it is pyrex. It certainly stood up to cinnamon. That's probably the diff between t2 and t3. The protank is probably the next step up after that.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapping on my t3, I think it is pyrex. It certainly stood up to cinnamon. That's probably the diff between t2 and t3. The protank is probably the next step up after that.
It's not Susan. I have a t3d, what the t3s was updated too...great tank...hard as heck, I thought mine was glass too. Stood up to 7% red hots no problem. Seems like the should be glass, but dealer and website says pc. It's the best built plastic tank ever though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I like pyrex tanks best. Everything but eucalyptus comes out pretty well - important to me because I change flavors so often.
Even the pyrex ones can fail if they use cheap glue. Only trial and error has taught me which are reliable.
I've never had any of these single-coils fail, and they're cheap-cheap: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1535302

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like pyrex tanks best. Everything but eucalyptus comes out pretty well - important to me because I change flavors so often.
Even the pyrex ones can fail if they use cheap glue. Only trial and error has taught me which are reliable.
I've never had any of these single-coils fail, and they're cheap-cheap: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1535302
So the coils that come in these tanks are good? I've heard so many complaints in fasttech reviews on different tank coils that come in tanks...so this is good to know. Now do you rebuild these coils also?

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This discussion is so cool . . . all us ladies talking about rebuilding :D If I may join, I'll +1 Huck on the protank mini. It's my go-to tank, although I'm still using some Evods and T3s. Rebuilding single coils on all these is pretty much the same process, and is pretty easy when you get the hang of it. And SO much better than the crap stock coils. I just got a Coil Master, so I'm looking forward to playing with it over the weekend. I've been steeping a few mixes, so I have some rebuilding to do!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My coil master from fasttech is finally in the U.S. so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow or Monday. I'm pretty much done with fasttech. I don't expect fast, but it's at 7 weeks now. It was supposedly in stock.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, hi Smokachino! I am so with you. I love my nautilus, my I'm so sick of bad coils. When you get more shit ones than good, that's wrong! I mean 4 bad coils out of a 5 pack? I'm just about ready to stick that tank on a dart board and take out my frustrations!

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My coil master from fasttech is finally in the U.S. so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow or Monday. I'm pretty much done with fasttech. I don't expect fast, but it's at 7 weeks now. It was supposedly in stock.

Wow . . . that's slow even by FT standards. I ordered mine from RBA Supplies when they were running a promo. FT has great prices, but IMO is only for stuff you don't want or need right away. I hope you get your order soon!

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, hi Smokachino! I am so with you. I love my nautilus, my I'm so sick of bad coils. When you get more shit ones than good, that's wrong! I mean 4 bad coils out of a 5 pack? I'm just about ready to stick that tank on a dart board and take out my frustrations!

Hi Daintanee! I know exactly what you mean . . . I had the same experience with Kanger coils. Just horrible. I actually started rebuilding out of necessity because I was so sick of crappy coils. My status as an ex-smoker was on the line, so what's a girl to do? Trust me, if I can rebuild you can, too!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I admire anyone who has the patience, talent, and eyesight to build a coil for the Protank 2 mini. I couldn't do it. Mostly because i can't see any wire smaller than 28g. That's a big reason I moved on to drippers so quickly after I starting vaping. That might change soon, as I'm scheduled for eye surgery in sometime in the next two months. I hope it works. I also think it is a whoot that you all are discussing rebuilding. Enjoy it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
il_340x270.466867702_b9jq.jpg

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I admire anyone who has the patience, talent, and eyesight to build a coil for the Protank 2 mini. I couldn't do it. Mostly because i can't see any wire smaller than 28g. That's a big reason I moved on to drippers so quickly after I starting vaping. That might change soon, as I'm scheduled for eye surgery in sometime in the next two months. I hope it works. I also think it is a whoot that you all are discussing rebuilding. Enjoy it.

I admire anyone who has the courage to have eye surgery. Best wishes to you! Me, I'm a big chicken and must continue to use a dorky magnifying visor.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol! Not so amazing, just under appreciated. Thank you Huck. The doctor says it will "probably" restore my vision to 20/20 from 20/200 in my left eye. The right eye is fine. The icing is the VA is paying for it.

VU Sponsors