FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now I'm really regretting not getting any fruits this time around. That'll be my next order. Wish I would have started with FA, at 100+ flavors now and only 20 are FA :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
how did I miss that recipe ? can you point me in the right direction please lol
This turned out buttery! of all things. I'm thinking it could use more coconut flavor, though. Was hoping it'd become more cake-like, like the golden oreo did, but it didn't happen. Still, I like it.

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shisha is extremely popular.. specially in Europe.. it's picking up around here, too..

No it's not... :oops:
Why do you think it is?
The only time people try Shisha is when they go to Northern African countries like Morocco on vacations. Or Turkey.
The only two European countries I could see having Shisha "popular" would be Germany and France, due to their large communities of Turkish and Northern African immigrants.

I'm a southern European so, maybe some northern could give us more insight.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
No it's not... :oops:
Why do you think it is?
The only time people try Shisha is when they go to Northern African countries like Morocco on vacations. Or Turkey.
The only two European countries I could see having Shisha "popular" would be Germany and France, due to their large communities of Turkish and Northern African immigrants.

I'm a southern European so, maybe some northern could give us more insight.

Perhaps.. ;)

was tinkering again.. try these links
back 2 years ago, England..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ew-smoking-crazes-healthy--celebs-enough.html
Hollywood, this year..
http://globalgrind.com/2013/05/31/female-celebrities-smoking-hookah-photos/

i am sure I can dig more up.. but like i said.. just been reading about it, and the more I play with my herbals the happier I am.. :)

Last edited:

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps.. ;)

was tinkering again.. try these links
back 2 years ago, England..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ew-smoking-crazes-healthy--celebs-enough.html
Hollywood, this year..
http://globalgrind.com/2013/05/31/female-celebrities-smoking-hookah-photos/

i am sure I can dig more up.. but like i said.. just been reading about it, and the more I play with my herbals the happier I am.. :)
You might be playing with it and feeling happier, I'm not questioning that.
But some Hollywood photos and 1 commercial article about celebrities using E-Shish doesn't automatically make Shisha flavors popular in Europe.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OBA OBA HATE???? BLASPHEMY !!!! LOL... J/K HIC..

I really like it,not totally sure what to do with it, Althoguhg I do like it by itself I have yet to find the magic ratio fir it. my thought is maybe with some RY4 doubler. somehow I want to integrate it into a recipe and call it... WAIT FOR IT!!!!..... SPONGEBOB.... ;)

I love Oba Oba when it's freshly mixed, at ~4% it's almost like a mouthfull marshmallow cream. The vapor seems so thick you almost want to chew it, lol. After a few weeks though it turns into a kinda marshmallow tobacco.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have been very interested in a Snozzberry flavor until I recently read this.

Yeah, Roald Dahl was assuredly one fry short of a Happy Meal.
Maurice Sendak is another author of 'kiddie books' whose books aren't quite what they seem (not in a sexual way, but still pretty twisted.)
Neither was the happy uncle figure looking to delight children with their work.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey gelato fans, how about this...

Real Italian gelato base ingredients: milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar (4 yolks, 3 cups milk/cream, 1/2 cup sugar)
Real Italian custard ingredients: milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar, hint of vanilla and usually lemon zest (4 yolks, 2 cups milk/cream, 1/2 cup sugar..)
Both are prepared the same: cooked in a pot until creamy
Gelato is frozen Italian custard with a little extra cream -- we can do that!

FA Custard is perfect Italian custard including some lemon zest. Gelato recipes would start with FA Custard and perhaps a little FA Fresh Cream. The added flavors would need to either include the lemon note or be flavors that can cover it. Tiramisu would cover it. Rocket's caramel-nut would probably cover it. Wllmc's raspberry-cheesecake would incorporate it just fine.

But why stop there. Popular gelato flavors in Italy: http://pocketcultures.com/2010/08/11/favourite-italian-gelato-flavours/
'Gelato Nicciola' - how fancy does that sound! (hazelnut) I think I'll make Gelato Liccorizia (licorice) for something unusual. I'll start with 2% Custard, 0.5% Fresh Cream, maybe 0.5-1% Licorice for something light, creamy, and refreshing.

You who like strong flavors might start with 3% Custard (or even 4% if you're not adding many other flavors) and 0.5% Fresh Cream. For sweeter, add 0.5% Meringue and/or your other (sweet) flavors.

go gelato!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
go gelato!
I have Straciatella and Pistachio gelatos in my freezer right now. So far, my fave is still the Tiramisu. I also have little tubs, a little bigger than sampler size, of Chocolate Hazelnut Mascapone (excellent), Peanut Butter Pie (Good!), Pecan Pie (not bad), Chocolate Eclair (good), and finished off Sweet Cream Espresso in no time flat. He can eat a large tub of ice cream in 2 days. Those little ones will last me a bit.

Ace said he is noticing flavor pairings in foods since DIYing... lol. I can certainly understand.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey gelato fans, how about this...

Real Italian gelato base ingredients: milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar (4 yolks, 3 cups milk/cream, 1/2 cup sugar)
Real Italian custard ingredients: milk/cream, egg yolks, sugar, hint of vanilla and usually lemon zest (4 yolks, 2 cups milk/cream, 1/2 cup sugar..)
Both are prepared the same: cooked in a pot until creamy
Gelato is frozen Italian custard with a little extra cream -- we can do that!

FA Custard is perfect Italian custard including some lemon zest. Gelato recipes would start with FA Custard and perhaps a little FA Fresh Cream. The added flavors would need to either include the lemon note or be flavors that can cover it. Tiramisu would cover it. Rocket's caramel-nut would probably cover it. Wllmc's raspberry-cheesecake would incorporate it just fine.

But why stop there. Popular gelato flavors in Italy: http://pocketcultures.com/2010/08/11/favourite-italian-gelato-flavours/
'Gelato Nicciola' - how fancy does that sound! (hazelnut) I think I'll make Gelato Liccorizia (licorice) for something unusual. I'll start with 2% Custard, 0.5% Fresh Cream, maybe 0.5-1% Licorice for something light, creamy, and refreshing.

You who like strong flavors might start with 3% Custard (or even 4% if you're not adding many other flavors) and 0.5% Fresh Cream. For sweeter, add 0.5% Meringue and/or your other (sweet) flavors.

go gelato!

Interesting, I have never had this one, HIC.. sounds like my mom's custard she used to make.. :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping pomegranate gelato now - it's good! That lemon note from Custard goes great with Pomegranate. I used a little Fresh Cream and a little Meringue. Plain Custard + Pomegranate is probably good, too.

I'll add Swiss Bliss when part of this tank is empty... Pomegranate-Chocolate Gelato. A culture clash, but probably a tasty one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
From that website of popular gelato flavors:

Frutti di bosco (fruits of the forest): a mixture of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, raspberries
Sounds like FA's Forest Fruit (Forest Mix, whatever..)
I know that FA Forest Mix goes with Custard, so that's an easy gelato to make. I'd leave out the Fresh Cream and use a bit of Meringue for that one.

Pesca: fruity peach flavour tastes just like the real thing
I'd use Peach instead of White Peach, because the lemon from Custard is already bright and probably goes better with plain peach.

Crema: Italian crema is a pale yellow colour and more like custard than cream. This is the frozen version
That would be just plain Custard, with Fresh Cream and/or Meringue optional

Limone: fresh, tangy lemon flavour is perfect for hot summer days (and nights)
I've made this often, love Lemon Sicily with Custard. I like it with or without a little Meringue for extra bright sweetness, sometimes with Koolada or similar for a cool hit.

Melone: Another super-fruity flavour. Like eating a fresh, sweet melon straight out of the fridge
Rocket? Huck? One of you is a big fan of FA Cantaloupe... you ought to try it with Custard. I leave out Fresh Cream and Meringue..but maybe a little Vanilla Tahiti there..

Cocco: White, creamy and very coconutty
Banana: Italians divide ice cream flavours into two groups: creme (creamy flavours) and frutte (fruit flavours). Banana lies somewhere between the two – fruity and creamy at the same time

I think those would be a good combination. Custard, Coconut, Banana, Meringue, no Fresh Cream... Rum! Everything ends with Rum.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would love to join the A Team too! I have not done diy yet and I just put in an order for flavourart at ecigexpress. It would be great to have a list of the most used flavours in everyone's pantry. I am a very new vaper less than a month and I am already building my own coils. I can't wait to start the next chapter of this fascinating obsession. I have just finished reading every post in this thread. Took a while. Thank you for all your wisdom.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would love to join the A Team too! I have not done diy yet and I just put in an order for flavourart at ecigexpress. It would be great to have a list of the most used flavours in everyone's pantry. I am a very new vaper less than a month and I am already building my own coils. I can't wait to start the next chapter of this fascinating obsession. I have just finished reading every post in this thread. Took a while. Thank you for all your wisdom.

DIY......The final Frontier of vaping ;)

Smokachino

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place, as there are so many great folks in here who I love learning from. I wish I had started with FlavourArt when I began my DIY journey, so you're off to a great start!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok...to all the cool kids:

Is FA Cinamon and FA Cinamon Ceylon two different flavors ? (think we may have gone over this in class before but I forget)

Also is Mad Fruit any good/what is it ?

To Huck...... The melon you love so much...is this Cantelope Melon ?

(im on the five yard line in making my order)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Is FA Cinamon and FA Cinamon Ceylon two different flavors ? (think we may have gone over this in class before but I forget)

Yes! It's like sweet cantaloupe and so yummy.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So cool. Welcome aboard for a most excellent ride. It's so much fun.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

there's only one FA Cinnamon; vendors may or may not use the 'ceylon' on the end.

Mad Fruit is original Red Bull. I hate Red Bull, but Mad Fruit is the sweet/tart effect of fruit candy. It's in Orange Tic Tac and will probably be in margarita recipes...useful enough to get.

Yes, Huck loves that cantaloupe and tastes some honeydew in the background

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have Straciatella and Pistachio gelatos in my freezer right now. So far, my fave is still the Tiramisu. I also have little tubs, a little bigger than sampler size, of Chocolate Hazelnut Mascapone (excellent), Peanut Butter Pie (Good!), Pecan Pie (not bad), Chocolate Eclair (good), and finished off Sweet Cream Espresso in no time flat. He can eat a large tub of ice cream in 2 days. Those little ones will last me a bit.

Ace said he is noticing flavor pairings in foods since DIYing... lol. I can certainly understand.
Love pistachio gelato! I too have some in my freezer!

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not much help since I'm also just started playing with FA, but my go to, has been all the vanillas, all the creams, espresso, cookie, cocoa, chocolate, tirimasu. I've heard nothing but great things about the fruits, I just don't have any... Yet.
Go check out the recipe section and see what's being used in stuff you think you'd like. Also HICs notes on FA flavors are a good read, and give a good idea of what to expect and the tricks you can use to get different effects/flavors (like cookie and apple pie for a crust).

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will probably order some tonight. The good thing is that I never really got into the nic hoarding so I only have about 100ml 60mg WL left. I also think the pg and vg I got from essential depot is a little off.
Damn. I just ordered pg from there. :(

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This should keep Ace busy for a while :p (not based on FA, but still good ideas

Flavor Pairing...list
Almond pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, cherry, coffee, fig, honey, orange, peach, pear, plum
Apple pairs well with: caramel, cinnamon, cranberry, ginger, hazelnut, mango, maple, walnut
Apricot pairs well with: almond, caramel, ginger, hazelnut, honey, orange, peach, vanilla, plum, wine
Asian Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, cinnamon, ginger, honey, macadamia, nutmeg, raisin, vanilla
Banana pairs well with: brandy, caramel, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, rum, hazelnut, honey, mango, molasses
Blackberry pairs well with: apricot, black pepper, champagne, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, lemon, berries, peach, plum
Blood Orange pairs well with: almond, chocolate, cinnamon, fig, honey, other citrus
Blueberry pairs well with: lemon, berries, mango, lemon, hazelnut, fig, other citrus,
Caramel - chocolates, nuts, fruits, bakery, deserts, tobacco's.

Carrot pairs well with: anise, brandy, cinnamon, walnut
Cherry pairs well with: apricot, chocolate, citrus, nectarine, peach, plum, vanilla
Coconut pairs well with: banana, caramel, chocolate, citrus, pineapple, other tropical fruits
Cranberry pairs well with: apple, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, mango, mint, pear
Currants, Black and Red, pairs well with: chocolate, rum
Elderberry pairs well with: apricot, fig, honey, lemon, mandarin, berries, peach, plum
Fig pairs well with: almond, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, pear, vanilla
Ginger pairs well with: almond, apple, apricot, banana, berries, Brazil nut, caramel, chocolate, citrus, coconut, grape, hazelnut, passion fruit, peach, pear, pineaple, plum, tropical fruit
Gooseberry pairs well with: hazelnut, honey, other berries, white chocolate
Grape pairs well with:brandy, chocolate, citrus, ginger, raisin
Guava pairs well with: citrus, coconut, huckleberry, pineapple, strawberry, tropical fruit
Hazelnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, berries, caramel, cherry, chocolate, fig, mandarin, peach, pear, plum
Kiwi pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, cherry, citrus, coconut, mango, tropical fruit
Kona Cream pairs well with: Marshmallow, Caramel, Butter Rum,
Lemon pairs well with: apricot, berries, cherry, citrus, ginger, nectarine, peach, plum, prickly pear, tropical fruit
Lime pairs well with: apple, berries, cherry, ginger, papaya, plum, strawberry, tropical fruit
Lychee pairs well with: citrus, ginger, gooseberry, tropical fruit, vanilla
Mandarin pairs well with: cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, fig, ginger, nutmeg, tropical fruits, vanilla
Mango pairs well with: apple, banana, berries, caramel, coconut, melon, tropical fruits, vanilla
Melon pairs well with: berries, champagne, citrus, lemon
Nuts can enhance the aroma, taste...and perceptual texture. (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc)
Orange pairs well with: almonds, basil, berries, brandy, cherry, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee, cranberry, fig, ginger, grape, hazelnut, mint, nutmeg, persimmon, pineapple, vanilla
Papaya pairs well with: citrus, lime, mango, tropical fruit
Peach pairs well with: almond, apricot, blackberry, brandy, cherry, cinnamon, elderberry, hazelnut, lemon, raspberry, rhubarb, walnut, watermelon
Pear pairs well with: almond, apple, caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, citrus, ginger, hazelnut, vanilla, walnut, anise, blackberry, brandy
Pineapple pairs well with: caramel, coconut, macadamia, rum, tropical fruit
Plum pairs well with: almond, cinnamon, citrus, hazelnut, honey, vanilla
Pomegranate pairs well with: apple, citrus, cucumber, mint, tropical fruit
Prickly Pear pairs well with: citrus, lime, tropical fruit
Raspberry pairs well with: apricot, cinnamon, lemon, nectarine, berries, peach, plum, rhubarb, vanilla
Rhubarb pairs well with: apple, apricot, berries, citrus, ginger, nectarine, peach, plum, strawberry
Strawberry pairs well with: apple, black pepper, chocolate, citrus, mint, rhubarb, vanilla
Walnut pairs well with: apple, apricot, banana, caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, nectarine, peach, pear, plum, rum
Vanilla, Cinnamon, or Nutmeg can enhance sweet flavors.
Pecan is slightly creamier and sweeter while Walnuts are more dry.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is FA Cinamon and FA Cinamon Ceylon two different flavors ?

I have the Cinnamon Ceylon
I tried it 3-4% solo and it's yummy just all by itself
I will be using it solo ( along with in recipes) because it is so good
(I'm trying all flavors solo, just to get the feel for the flavor and strength.)
I wanted one to use in some recipes that wasn't "in your face" and the Ceylon is the answer.

Just my taste buds talking :cool:

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used gallons of vg and pg from essentials depot and never had any problems. Maybe you got a bad batch or something.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have the Cinnamon Ceylon
I tried it 3-4% solo and it's yummy just all by itself
I will be using it solo ( along with in recipes) because it is so good
(I'm trying all flavors solo, just to get the feel for the flavor and strength.)
I wanted one to use in some recipes that wasn't "in your face" and the Ceylon is the answer.

When I use enough FA Cinn Ceylon to get a spicy-cinnamon-candy effect (with a little Meringue to make it brighter and sweeter), it reminds me of Brach's cinnamon hard candies. When I want lip-flaming cinnamon, I vape TFA's Cinnamon Red Hots. I'm a total cinnamon fiend!

IMO, it's good to try all flavors solo, even if you'll never use them that way. I dread the day I finally get Black Pepper.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am searching for a good toffee flavour. Any ideas? I am trying to work out a recipe for banoffee pie. It will have
graham cracker
Toffee
Banana
Lemon dash
Whipped cream
Chocolate.
Maybe a dash of walnut to help with banana flavour. I read that some where here.
This might be a little adventurous for a first timer. But I do love adventure.
I haven't located a toffee yet.

VU Sponsors