Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
morning guys :) think I need a new vanilla vape . that will be my goal for the weekend. whats everyone else working on ?

I've been vaping the same two flavors all week: creamy vanilla cake, and a Dentyne gum flavor. I just didn't have time to mix, but I'm sure ready for something else now!

I'll probably revisit my pink bubble gum from scratch project. If I can find any clove gum in the store, I'll try to make that, too. I haven't done much with FA Clove yet. I don't know why I'm stuck on gum (so to speak) lately. I must have a dozen packs lying around. The latest supposedly blast-of-flavor gums haven't impressed me - they fade way too fast. Peach cobbler gum wasn't great, but there's a chocolate-mint one that's pretty good. I often have a hard candy, mint, or piece of gum while vaping - sometimes the same flavor, sometimes a contrasting flavor. ...anyway, I guess I'm working on gum!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...Take Dark Vapure for example...

No thanks, Jimi - you can keep that one allll to yourself! lol! Maybe I'll get brave and try it with VT nic some day, but that is one I just couldn't handle.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping the same two flavors all week: creamy vanilla cake, and a Dentyne gum flavor. I just didn't have time to mix, but I'm sure ready for something else now!

I'll probably revisit my pink bubble gum from scratch project. If I can find any clove gum in the store, I'll try to make that, too. I haven't done much with FA Clove yet. I don't know why I'm stuck on gum (so to speak) lately. I must have a dozen packs lying around. The latest supposedly blast-of-flavor gums haven't impressed me - they fade way too fast. Peach cobbler gum wasn't great, but there's a chocolate-mint one that's pretty good. I often have a hard candy, mint, or piece of gum while vaping - sometimes the same flavor, sometimes a contrasting flavor. ...anyway, I guess I'm working on gum!
pink bubble gum would be awesome . vanilla cake sounds amazing. ...... I just whipped up some vanilla bourbon, fresh cream , almond , marzipan and some caramel. ...... figured out my FA sub ohm dilemma to. I either have to go much lower on the flavors or much higher than I am used to. for some reason my average amounts are not playing friendly.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's time to make up some of the FA White Peach. Is it good as a stand alone, or should I add to it?

Standalone. Or can add creams or vanilla swirl for preach ice cream? Or can add a little FA wine and maybe a slight hint of another fruit with a little splash of champagne? = Sangria?

Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
What makes a 600-puff disposable worth $10? I don't get that. White Cloud Flings also claim 600 puffs, look like cigs, but cost much less. Is it just the tip design that makes these FA Ho-Kas a 'hookah'?

Not a clue on the FA.. but the Starbuzz Line I picked up is totally worth the 50.00 I spent for them all.
It is not the unit, it's the taste.. Yes, I <3 my clouds< HIC.. however, for taste.. and for on the run..
Not to mention trying to replicate.. makes it worth while..

I might snag one or 2 of the fa.. but.. I fell in love with the local shisha shop here, and have seriously dropped some funds..

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No thanks, Jimi - you can keep that one allll to yourself! lol! Maybe I'll get brave and try it with VT nic some day, but that is one I just couldn't handle.
try it try it ! , ... whip up its dark in fuji lol.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's time to make up some of the FA White Peach. Is it good as a stand alone, or should I add to it?
Stand alone is good. I made something up with it this week that is pretty damn yummy and may be up your alley.

White Peach Coctail

FA White Peach 1%
FA Bilberry 1%
TFA Strawberry ripe 2%

The White peach is much stronger than the other flavors so when vaped, it is the dominant flavor, but its not overbearing. I dont know why I didnt try FA Strawberry and I will try that in place of the TFA Strawberry ripe next time just to see the difference.

Cavediver...you gonna be around this weekend? Are you near the Mall of Georgia area ?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Summer Clouds has been shelved for development. Right off the bat, it's more like candy than fruit. I replaced it with the Inawera Kaktus. Now that's a summer flavor I really dig :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Note to Cavediver: I made an 8 ml of Stand alone white peach last week when I got the new flavor and let my daughter try it. She snatched the whole bottle and I havent seen it since..LOL

3% was the sweet spot for me.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stand alone is good. I made something up with it this week that is pretty damn yummy and may be up your alley.

White Peach Coctail

FA White Peach 1%
FA Bilberry 1%
TFA Strawberry ripe 2%

The White peach is much stronger than the other flavors so when vaped, it is the dominant flavor, but its not overbearing. I dont know why I didnt try FA Strawberry and I will try that in place of the TFA Strawberry ripe next time just to see the difference.

Cavediver...you gonna be around this weekend? Are you near the Mall of Georgia area ?

Reworking Red vs Blue? Looks pretty good; I'll line that one up first this morning. My bottle of Strawberry Ripe is getting a little low, so I may have to substitute the FA instead. Even if I don't get the strength / ratio just right, this will still be a good combo.

I'm actually over by the lake (Buford Dam and Shadburn Ferry), but the mall is close enough. You headed over this way today? My wife and I are still kicking around ideas for the day; we're moving a little slow this morning :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reworking Red vs Blue? Looks pretty good; I'll line that one up first this morning. My bottle of Strawberry Ripe is getting a little low, so I may have to substitute the FA instead. Even if I don't get the strength / ratio just right, this will still be a good combo.

I'm actually over by the lake (Buford Dam and Shadburn Ferry), but the mall is close enough. You headed over this way today? My wife and I are still kicking around ideas for the day; we're moving a little slow this morning :)
Exactly !! Was attempting to re create Red Vs Blue with FA and it wasnt even close.... This was my first attempt and it was like "WOW" I like this. Been vaping it since last weekend.

Yeah, I was going your way later today Im thinking. Want to see the new Marvel Movie. I can swing by where you are at if your around...to get the Syringes. I was going to take the boat to the lake, but decided that It wouldnt be so fun today in the rain and cloud cover.

Just let me know.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I cant really taste the Bilberry or the Strawberry in it, it just tastes kinda lightly fuity with the Peach shining through.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant really taste the Bilberry or the Strawberry in it, it just tastes kinda lightly fuity with the Peach shining through.

Good to know, and (probably) exactly what I was looking for.

Standalone. Or can add creams or vanilla swirl for preach ice cream? Or can add a little FA wine and maybe a slight hint of another fruit with a little splash of champagne? = Sangria?

Interesting ideas as well! I'm looking for a nice, light fruity vape today, but the champagne sounds like it could be a great addition :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Summer Clouds has been shelved for development. Right off the bat, it's more like candy than fruit. I replaced it with the Inawera Kaktus. Now that's a summer flavor I really dig :)

Summer Clouds tastes like peaches and roses to me. Did you do something special to make it candy-like, or is that just how it tastes to you?

I forgot to order Inawera Kaktus, ARRRGH! Just ordered nic, forgot all about it. Oh, well.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Summer Clouds tastes like peaches and roses to me. Did you do something special to make it candy-like, or is that just how it tastes to you?

I forgot to order Inawera Kaktus, ARRRGH! Just ordered nic, forgot all about it. Oh, well.
It's sweet, but not very distinctive as of yet. I think it just needs time.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have the kaktus on my wish list somewhere, I forgot about it lol. I need to get that one. it was out of stock when I originally going to get it. after talking to jimi I really need it :D I love prickly pears. we ate them all the time when we were kids.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the kaktus on my wish list somewhere, I forgot about it lol. I need to get that one. it was out of stock when I originally going to get it. after talking to jimi I really need it :D I love prickly pears. we ate them all the time when we were kids.
Kaktus is so good man. I took it to the Miami vape show a few months ago. A vendor lady loved it. She had a huge smile on her face :)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hic,
Whats the site you get your glass bottles of FA from ?

Ordered from Ecig express last time, but want glass and want a few larger size bottles of certain flavors

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can get 10 ml glass vials from RTS Vapes. Or were you after to big industrial size bottles?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hic,

Ordered from Ecig express last time, but want glass and want a few larger size bottles of certain flavors
I get glass here http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/ didnt really look just now but last time the had a sale I got a case of 120ml glass for 2 dollars and some change

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get 10 ml glass vials from RTS Vapes. Or were you after to big industrial size bottles?
I got 12mls from Ecigexpress....was thinking the palce you just mentioned had soamr larger sizes...maybe like twice that....gonna go look. Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damnit all !! I came in my office to make up 500 ml of Nic base and forgot to take the liter of VG Nic out of the freezer last night...:mad:
I did this last night. Had to wait for it to come to room temp... frustrated, but waited it out.

I'm not HIC, but RTS does sell FA in glass. A couple of mine leak, so I keep those two in a ziploc.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found it at RTS Vapes. So its glass and I can also get some 30 Ml bottles. Excellent. Thanks all..:)

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the smaller from RTS, so I don't know if the 30s are glass...
Im in a conumdrum anyway..... The main flavor I was looking for in a larger size to save money was Fuji Apple and while I was at it, some Fresh cream, Vienna Custard and Va nilla Tahitti...and they dont stock the fuji there.

So, its back to getting what I need from Ecigexpress and paying more for it.
Its always something..:rolleyes:

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never mind.....went back to e cig express and they do have the larger sizes....and its cheaper than RTS vaper...just dont get the glass bottles. Not a big deal.

....Whew.....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im in a conumdrum anyway..... The main flavor I was looking for in a larger size to save money was Fuji Apple and while I was at it, some Fresh cream, Vienna Custard and Va nilla Tahitti...and they dont stock the fuji there.

So, its back to getting what I need from Ecigexpress and paying more for it.
Its always something..:rolleyes:
Bull City, dude. OR... you can get the 30s from Pure Vapes, too. Not in glass, still, but he has 'em.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hic,

RTSvapes' 10ml (or are they 8..whatever) flavors are all in glass vials. That's where mine came from. But I order FA from all over the place, and all the others arrive in plastic.
I recently got a bunch of these (empty) cool 2 dram (about 8ml) glass vials with droppers: http://www.ecigexpress.com/e-liquid-bottles/glass-bottles/1-dram-2-dram.html I use those for flavorings I don't want in plastic. I really like tall, thin bottles better than squat ones. They store in less space.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bull City all the way man ! The FA flavors come in the authentic bottles. I'm scarred from ordering pre-bottled stuff. Funny thing is that my pre-bottled stuff was weaker and had a underlining taste. Like PG was added.
Yeah, I'm digging the BC authentic bottles too. Just got a small order from there recently but will be using them a good bit in the future.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Word is BC is going to be carrying another manufacture's flavoring in original bottles.....

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Question directed at HIC, But if anyone else is/was brave enough to try "Pandoro", what would be a good starting percentage?

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still haven't advanced to complex recipes, but I mixed up a batch of straight FA Custard last night for my husband after I'd mentioned that it was more of a lemon custard. He liked the sound of that!

2%, and he said it tasted good.

Tonight or tomorrow I may make up a batch of no-cinnamon cinnamon roll to mix with the cinnamon roll that I already have to cut back on the cinnamon. Right now it's a bit strong at 2% FA Cinnamon Ceylon (suggested to me). I like the cinnamon roll I got from a local B&M, but I'm positive it has custard notes. I want a "safe" version to rotate with my strawberries 'n' cream.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm still searching for a vapable (not too sour) Lemon Meringue Pie. Pie crust optional.

If any of you kind people would be so kind, that is. :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'm still searching for a vapable (not too sour) Lemon Meringue Pie. Pie crust optional.

If any of you kind people would be so kind, that is. :)

probably the custard, lemon sicily , some merengue and some vanillia

edit........... this is an easy recipe, you could ditch the lime if you wanted . I like this for a change of pace vape. and you could add crust or leave it out like I did here. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/easy-lemon-lime-creamy-goodness-pie.2649/

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Question directed at HIC, But if anyone else is/was brave enough to try "Pandoro", what would be a good starting percentage?

Disclaimer first - it's from FA's Kitchen Magic line and contains 2% diacetyl.
Disclaimer to the disclaimer - that's less than most Capellas, many Flavor West, and some popular TFA flavors, and you'll need very little of it
Last disclaimer - if you want to avoid custard notes, don't buy Pandoro. It's seriously delicious and you'll vape it all.

Now then.. It's strong - start at just 0.5% standalone and move up 0.5% at a time. I doubt anyone would ever need as much as 2%. Standalone, it's a lemony pound cake. As an ingredient, just 0.25%, often less, turns the other ingredients into a cake.

Two example recipes:

Vanilla Cream Cake (far stronger flavor than 2.5% total flavoring would lead you to believe!)
0.5% each: Catalan Cream, Vienna Cream, Vanilla Tahiti, Fresh Cream
0.25% each: Meringue and Pandoro

Strawberry Shortcake
5% FA Strawberry
2% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA Pandoro

In Vanilla Cream Cake, Pandoro turns all the cream and vanilla flavors into smooth, sweet vanilla cake. Adding premixed Vanilla Cream Cake to other recipes will turn them into cake, too (add about 1/3 of it to 2/3 of the other recipe, or 1/2 and 1/2)

In Strawberry Shortcake, Pandoro is a main flavor, mellowed with Fresh Cream, covered in berries. That recipe is pretty near 'commercial strength' - strong enough for near anyone. Half-strength would be a little washed-out, though.

Curly, I know you're chasing Twinkies. Twinkies do have a little lemon flavor, and Pandoro is going to be great for your project. If you start with Vanilla Cream Cake, omit Catalan Cream, boost Pandoro to 0.5-0.75%, I think you'd have a really great start. You'd probably want an extra .25% of Fresh Cream and of Meringue to get more 'filling' flavor. Those two combine with Pandoro to make a taste you'll find familiar. (edit: Twinkies would use Vanilla Classic instead of Tahiti.)

Please nobody copy those recipes anywhere without mentioning the warning on Pandoro!

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Last disclaimer - if you want to avoid custard notes, don't buy Pandoro. It's seriously delicious and you'll vape it all.

hahaha Im game , I really need it. I am ok with some custard notes sometimes. the kids and back to school got me strapped like straight jacket. next month I can buy more vape stuff lol.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Disclaimer first - it's from FA's Kitchen Magic line and contains 2% diacetyl.
Disclaimer to the disclaimer - that's less than most Capellas, many Flavor West, and some popular TFA flavors, and you'll need very little of it

Now then.. It's strong - start at just 0.5% standalone and move up 0.5% at a time. I doubt anyone would ever need as much as 2%. Standalone, it's a lemony pound cake. As an ingredient, just 0.25%, often less, turns the other ingredients into a cake.

Two example recipes:

Vanilla Cream Cake (far stronger flavor than 2.5% total flavoring would lead you to believe!)
0.5% each: Catalan Cream, Vienna Cream, Vanilla Tahiti, Fresh Cream
0.25% each: Meringue and Pandoro

Strawberry Shortcake
5% FA Strawberry
2% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA Pandoro

In Vanilla Cream Cake, Pandoro turns all the cream and vanilla flavors into smooth, sweet vanilla cake. Adding premixed Vanilla Cream Cake to other recipes will turn them into cake, too (add about 1/3 of it to 2/3 of the other recipe, or 1/2 and 1/2)

In Strawberry Shortcake, Pandoro is a main flavor, mellowed with Fresh Cream, covered in berries. That recipe is pretty near 'commercial strength' - strong enough for near anyone. Half-strength would be a little washed-out, though.

Curly, I know you're chasing Twinkies. Twinkies do have a little lemon flavor, and Pandoro is going to be great for your project. If you start with Vanilla Cream Cake, omit Catalan Cream, boost Pandoro to 0.5-0.75%, I think you'd have a really great start. You'd probably want an extra .25% of Fresh Cream and of Meringue to get more 'filling' flavor. Those two combine with Pandoro to make a taste you'll find familiar. (edit: Twinkies would use Vanilla Classic instead of Tahiti.)

Please nobody copy those recipes anywhere without mentioning the warning on Pandoro!
Thanks a bunch! I looked around, not much information on it, I'm assuming because it's in the kitchen magic line and contains diacetyl. Going in my notes. Again, thank you!

VU Sponsors