Become a Patron!
So i am still pretty new to DIY E-liquids.

It has been about 6 months since I last bought a bottle of premium E-liquid. I went out today and got the Limitless XL and a bottle of (Fresh's Clean Cream)

It is absolutely amazing,

I want to clone it really bad but have no idea where to start.. Can anyone help? Has anyone had the juice and cloned it themselves? Recipes?

For those more experienced who have not tried the juice personally, the description of the juice is, (Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Vanilla Swirl, Topped with Whipped Cream and loads of Candy Pecans.)

Please, help me out, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to cloning from taste alone.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well they are kinda giving it away... with out tasting it.. a good start for this would be somewhere with these flavors.
Trick is how much and what manufacturers. Taste the juice .. get the flavors taste the flavors.. when you match a taste you know your on the right track.

EDIT: hmm so checking further... Fresh's web site lists this description,

CLEAN CREAM

ANOTHER SOUTHERN FAVORITE, OUR VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM WITH RIBBONS OF GOLDEN CARAMEL, TOPPED WITH WHIPPED CREAM, FLUFFY MARSHMALLOW SAUCE AND PRALINE PECAN PIECES WILL KEEP YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE OF THIS SUBLIMELY DECADENT DESSERT! SWEET, RICH AND CREAMY HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE!

Does sound tasty .. altho not listing the 'vanilla swirl' but instead caramel (actually sounds better that way to me ;p) so ingredient list changes accordingly

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Whipped Cream
Caramel
Marshmallow
Pecan flavoring
Possibly some Sucralose or another flavor to sweeten...

-- so for instance... Bull City Flavors lists 3 different pecan flavors
http://www.bullcityvapor.com/search.php?search_query=pecan&x=0&y=0
There may be others that they don't carry however.

But that is how one starts.. can be time consuming to 'exactly' match / clone a flavor .. but more than likely you will come up with something similar enough that you are happy with it.

Last edited:

bigshog90

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So have either of you worked on this recipe? Ikimdalikeink or foggz?? I seen Foggz put a link for the 3 pecan flavorings but one is missing and I think it's the one we need for this reciepe. It is Pralines and cream by Tfa. I had bought a small sample bottle about two years ago and I played with it a little bit and I really loved it. It just ended up being pushed to the back and forgot about. Well that was until I tried this amazing e juice. I haven't mixed up yet but here is what I'll try tonight. I'll be making a few different versions to see what gets me the closest.

Vbic Tfa - 3/4 or 5
Pralines and cream Tfa - 2/3
Marshmallow Tfa - 1/2 or 2
Caramel Tfa - 1/2 or 2
Whipped cream Tfa - 1/2 or 2
Sucralose 1
So that's from 9% to 15%

bigshog90

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How did this turn out for u? I did the same. Bought a sample played and forgot about. Until Fresh sent me samples of there juice line. I kept in box for a month or two and was looking to try something new. Tried and I feel in love with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
and now I can't even find this juice unless it is in zero nic. Yes I have nic and can add it but I have noticed it is not the same as mixing everything and allowing all of the ingredients to steep naturally. I am 100% committed and obsessed with steeping. I am equally obsessed with vanilla custard juice my favorite (do not bother to troll me and say it is all hype especially if you are one of those people who ALWAYS STATE "taste is completely subjective" every time you start losing an argument). I DO believe taste is subjective and instead of saying "the best" ejuice or flavor I say "favorite" e juice and MY favorite is Grant's Vanilla Custard. As with ALL high VG and bakery type juices I feel the only way to get the true amazing flavor from them is to let them steep. I steep Grant's for a minimum of 90 days and that is just one 100ml bottle because it is about as long as I can possibly hold out from the cravings and must have it now will power I can muster. For me my FAVORITE steep time is really 4 to 5 months and I can speak with authority that FOR ME the flavor is at its peek and tastes 1000% different (in a good way) than non-steeped or 90 days or less steeped Grant's VC tastes. PHEWWWWWWWWWW
So my question is this....Are they not making this juice anymore? (Clean Cream not Grant's LOL)? Anyone know because NOBODY has it. I googled my ass off for hours and the only juice I found was zero nic.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I googled my ass off for hours and the only juice I found was zero nic.

Just wondering if you could contact the maker directly to ask them what's up...
If they discontinued it maybe you could get a hint of the flavors that were used IDK.
Never hurts to ask anyway.

I tried a Grant's Vanilla Custard clone and found it too strong and didn't really care for it.
Only steeped for 30 days though so maybe you're onto something with the extra long steep time.
Although it might be different for me cause I run 70/30VG rather than high VG.

Just wondering if the original Grant's VC has to be steeped like that or if it comes pre-steeped.
Only curious because you didn't really say if it's the original Grant's or a clone.

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
Just wondering if you could contact the maker directly to ask them what's up...
If they discontinued it maybe you could get a hint of the flavors that were used IDK.
Never hurts to ask anyway.

I tried a Grant's Vanilla Custard clone and found it too strong and didn't really care for it.
Only steeped for 30 days though so maybe you're onto something with the extra long steep time.
Although it might be different for me cause I run 70/30VG rather than high VG.

Just wondering if the original Grant's VC has to be steeped like that or if it comes pre-steeped.
Only curious because you didn't really say if it's the original Grant's or a clone.

That is a good idea to contact Fresh. I will send a message as soon as I am done typing this reply. As far as Grant's goes here is my 2 cents... While I have tried well over 300 maybe even 400 different vanilla custards I never tried a DIY version ..Yet. I have tried a lot of similar versions but they either lose the flavor too fast or change too much after steeping and many other reasons why nothing has ever measured up FOR ME. When I say that I hate the title of "THE BEST" anything in vaping I mean it 100%. So for me Grant's was my favorite. It is too strong for some and too hyped for others. I just know that from the very first draw I fell head over heels for it and nothing tastes the same to me. There ARE a lot of good Van Custards out there like Devilicious, Goose Juice, Mississippi, Very Vanilla Custard (That 1 Juice Company also the closest to Grant's but again NOT Grant's) and so many other good juices that I do not feel are true VC's but are tasty vapes none the less. I like a strong juice so I can see why Grant's or even a clone might be too much for some. I almost always get max vg but since I have been using some tanks instead of dripping 100% of the time I opted to try the 50/50 version and the VG heavy version in addition to my regular order and there is a difference but I also do not have to steep the 50/50 and the 70/30 as long but the max vg FOR ME tastes flat and just MEH until it has AT LEAST 90 to 120 days of time in my steep drawer. I have heard just about every possible opinion on Grant's but I know what I taste and what works for me. It does not matter what device I use to vape it in I can always tell by taste alone that it is Grant's. I keep about 50 to 75 mods with atomizers/tanks with charged batteries and filled with juice or wicked and juiced because I switch what I vape all day and night but I never have to look at my master list of what juice is in what set-up if it has Grant's. One draw and I can tell right away. Is it in my head? Maybe. All I know is that it is my favorite and to me nothing beats it.

Dr PennsylvaPia

Member For 3 Years
Actually it sounds like it may be too strong for your liking. Consider yourself lucky it is a bitch to get. Although in that area I am set. Thanks for the input and it looks like they are still in business (fresh)

VU Sponsors