Become a Patron!

Full Kangertech Subtank Mini Coil Review

Hello Peeps,

I have been vaping for over a year now and wanted to provide my feedback on "What Coil to buy for my Kangertech Subtank".

I vape about 30 ML a day - hopefully this gives you an idea of how much vaping I do and how much stress each coil was put under.

In this review i will be talking about 4 different Coils and which one i feel is the best and why. All Coils were tested at .5 Ohms and wattage set to 25. All coils received a needle hole in the cotton and was left in a tank full of juice for 10 minutes. Dry hits were also performed to insure the cotton was fully wet

1) Kangertech OCC (Square shape): This is the oldest coil available and honestly not sure for how long with the creation of the coils listed below. This coil has awesome taste and huge clouds. The downside of this coil is it last me a little under a week.
2) SSOCC (Stainless Steel): I tested the NON tempertaure control version. The taste on the coil was good (not as good as the OCC) in my opinion. The downside on this coil is it went out SUPER FAST. i Feel like i got less than a few days with the coil.
3) Kangertech Clapton Coil: I had to increase wattage to 35 and still the coil takes 2-3 secs to fire. Not a problem for me at all however the taste with this coil was horrible. I feel like I lost all the taste of my juice when vaping in this coil. Granted they last longer (1 week 2 days) however the taste was horrible compared to the OCC and SSOCC.
4) Atmos gClapton 24kt Coil: I also had to increase the wattage on this coil to 35. The life of this coil is amazing avaraging a little under 2 weeks. The taste was better than Kangertechs clapton coil but not as good tasting as the OCC and SSOCC.

All in all i feel the original OCC coil is the best tasting coil for this tank. I prefer TASTE above everything so i am willing to change my coil out every 4 days for awesome taste. 2nd Choice is the gClapton 24kt. The gClapton is pricier however last longer. The taste is ok so i can handle it. I will continue to buy OCC coils until i can no longer do so. Then might start shopping for a new tank seeing as i dont like the taste on ANY other coil other than the normal OCC.

Hope this helps.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Can't find a thread for the Kanger Sub 7.0 Tank. Did my first build and it sucks. Too much cotton? Coils look great. Thank you...Thank you very much. lol What's y all's take on this tank? Is it NOT 'all that'? Running it on a Sig Fuch ia (which is actually too big for my hand and the shop won't take it back). Good mod though. So....Thanks....What's the verdict? I'm only running 1 mod now and need 2 more to "get my thrill, on Strawberry Hill".

Last edited:

VU Sponsors