Become a Patron!

Going to Australia, but concerned about its legality...

I'm concerned about the legality of nicotine, but specifically vaping and bringing in my vape and such.

I'm going to Australia from Jan 12 through Jan 26 this month and just now realized that there is a nicotine ban there. This is rather concerning for me considering my addiction level to the substance. I will have an awful time there if I have to go off it cold turkey. I understand the laws vary depending on where you are coming from and going to, so I will post my itinerary below. I tried to gather what I could about the commonwealth laws, but laws and reality don't always line up. As in M*rijuana in California despite federal laws against it... I would like to hear the facts from someone who knows what it's like from experience.

I would like to know how strict their laws are enforced, if at all and what I might experience if I fly with my vape, extra batteries and e-liquid.

Flight 1: Los Angeles to Sydney
Flight 2: Sydney to Cairns
Flight 3: Cairns to Brisbane
Flight 4: Brisbane to LA

Thank you in advance

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@LeanPipe may be able to shed some light on that and warn you of some of the dangerous critters like drop bears.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just bring what you need. Since you cantc buy local nic. But you will be fine. Most states limit where you can vape, the same as smoking. So factor in a fair walk to get to vape area from the airport before connecting service. But possession is no wuckin furries

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU by the way. What does the binary M stand for?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just do a quick Google search because from what I read the "Ban" isn't what we hear about on the forums and the Internet.

2e96095d-6d67-4cdb-9657-502b557e7d43.png

Good Luck and enjoy your trip~!

Also Welcome to the VU....................

I appreciate all of the replies, it helps me feel alot better and thank you for the welcome here, you are all great. The letter M has a great importance to me... It's the initial of my name :D

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine is not banned here, you just can't sell or buy it here. We buy overseas.
@LeanPipe may be able to shed some light on that and warn you of some of the dangerous critters like drop bears.
Yes, please just be aware about the Bears, stay safe, don't look up at trees!
You will be fine! Enjoy your summer here.

I just wanted to do a follow up since I have completed my trip to Oz. There was absolutely no problem taking my vape and juice with me. As long as you take in in 100ml or smaller sized bottles, they don't care at all. I only took 50ml, but ran out 2 days prior to leaving, due to a tank leak on the plane, and a spill while trying to refill. Then my trip was extended by a day due to a flight cancellation. Brisbane sells e-liquid, but without nicotine, atleast in the two shops I found. They were also offended I asked since there is a hefty $30,000 fine for selling e-liquid with nicotine, as I was informed. Maybe I came off as a cop to them, but they were sketched out that I even asked if they could share a little personal e-liquid with nicotine for a donation on my part.

Long story short, there is no problem taking your vape and nicotine juice for personal use, in fact you are even allowed to share with direct family members, however, it's not so easy to acquire it once you are there so make sure you bring enough for normal use, but also to cover accidental loss from unexpected leakage, spills, or trip extensions.

With that said, I saw some drop bears, but they were super chill. I even pet one of them at the Lone Pine Sanctuary, along with roos, a Wallaby and an Emu. They also had a Cassawary there, which was very cool to see. In the wild on Fitzroy island I saw an enormous Golden Orb Weaver Spider (They eat snakes and birds), I also saw a 5ft long monitor lizard, and other amazing creatures. There were far less mosquitoes than I thought there would be and of the 5 snakes I saw, 4 on the island and one on the mainland in Cairns, only one of them was venomous, very venomous. 3 were tree snakes, one was a carpet python, the dangerous one was a Taipan and some dumb tourist almost picked it up thinking it was a brown tree snake A local physically pulled the guy back and told everyone to back up and that a snake handler was on their way. The snake handler identified it as a Taipan.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Taipans are scary. American name is fierce snake. They are the single deadliest snakes in the world.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

VU Sponsors