Become a Patron!

GOVERNMENT WATCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
answer why you love the deep state and all the corruption !

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First of all.... I didn’t say anything about corruption,2nd of all, do I know who the deep state are/is? NOPE! But,since small brainers believe in it,without knowing who they are, I’m gonna have to side with the imaginative figure on this one...I don’t know man, I feel like people need to embrace the deep state and normalize it, then when that happens, Alex jones and all the conspiracy conservatives small brains will just gonna create a new one to scare small brainers like you!
So when I say I LOVE THE DEEP STATE... what I’m actually saying is I LOVE THE USA!

VEGAN I AM!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Barack Obama reminded us all today why he presided over the largest collective wipeout of Democrat Party power in modern US history. He also reminded us why we voted for Donald Trump & not Obama’s chosen successor.
https://****/gJpLCk3WSe
b22196ea566ae2dd31a80bec2e5f76e0.jpg

Even liberals wish Obama had never happened and that he would just disappear...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Barack Obama reminded us all today why he presided over the largest collective wipeout of Democrat Party power in modern US history. He also reminded us why we voted for Donald Trump & not Obama’s chosen successor.
https://****/gJpLCk3WSe
b22196ea566ae2dd31a80bec2e5f76e0.jpg

Here’s a good article to read back in 1995 about the GNP/GDP.....please read it... this was during Clinton presidency....

Preview...

The GDP is simply a gross measure of market activity, of money changing hands. It makes no distinction whatsoever between the desirable and the undesirable, or costs and gain. On top of that, it looks only at the portion of reality that economists choose to acknowledge--the part involved in monetary transactions. The crucial economic functions performed in the household and volunteer sectors go entirely unreckoned. As a result the GDPnot only masks the breakdown of the social structure and the natural habitat upon which the economy--and life itself--ultimately depend; worse, it actually portrays such breakdown as economic gain.

Yet our politicians, media, and economic commentators dutifully continue to trumpet the GDP figures as information of great portent. There have been questions regarding the accuracy of the numbers that compose the GDP, and some occasional tinkering at the edges. But there has been barely a stirring of curiosity regarding the premise that underlies its gross statistical summation. Whether from sincere conviction or from entrenched professional and financial interests, politicians, economists, and the rest have not been eager to see it changed.

VEGAN I AM!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here’s a good article to read back in 1995 about the GNP/GDP.....please read it... this was during Clinton presidency....

Preview...

The GDP is simply a gross measure of market activity, of money changing hands. It makes no distinction whatsoever between the desirable and the undesirable, or costs and gain. On top of that, it looks only at the portion of reality that economists choose to acknowledge--the part involved in monetary transactions. The crucial economic functions performed in the household and volunteer sectors go entirely unreckoned. As a result the GDPnot only masks the breakdown of the social structure and the natural habitat upon which the economy--and life itself--ultimately depend; worse, it actually portrays such breakdown as economic gain.

Yet our politicians, media, and economic commentators dutifully continue to trumpet the GDP figures as information of great portent. There have been questions regarding the accuracy of the numbers that compose the GDP, and some occasional tinkering at the edges. But there has been barely a stirring of curiosity regarding the premise that underlies its gross statistical summation. Whether from sincere conviction or from entrenched professional and financial interests, politicians, economists, and the rest have not been eager to see it changed.

VEGAN I AM!
blah blah blah...under this dimwitt the DNC lost the whitehouse the Congress, alot of govenorships and alot of statehouses.....it wasn't because of Putin...it wasn't because of "unruly whites"...it was because he was an incompetent commie who hated the US, and was trying to bring it down to the same level as the African shithole his father came from.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nope just Obama..he was our first gay president, and first one to cross the spieces line and marry a wookie....chubaka's sister.

Wow.... back to back
A gay president married a monkey
Then a monkey married a prostitute that used to be a dude... classy history

VEGAN I AM!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
blah blah blah...under this dimwitt the DNC lost the whitehouse the Congress, alot of govenorships and alot of statehouses.....it wasn't because of Putin...it wasn't because of "unruly whites"...it was because he was an incompetent commie who hated the US, and was trying to bring it down to the same level as the African shithole his father came from.

Blah blah blah
Losing is better sometimes!

VEGAN I AM!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow.... back to back
A gay president married a monkey
Then a monkey married a prostitute that used to be a dude... classy history

VEGAN I AM!
did you watch Star Wars?........Chubaka is not a monkey he is a wookie.....now you tell me Mike Obama and Chuie don't have the same overbite.....and the same figure.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you watch Star Wars?........Chubaka is not a monkey he is a wookie.....now you tell me Mike Obama and Chuie don't have the same overbite.

Not a star wars fan, only weirdos watches movies like that.... I don’t really follow stupidity that well...

VEGAN I AM!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is an urgent need for new indicators of progress, geared to the economy that actually exists. We are members of Redefining Progress, a new organization whose purpose is to stimulate broad public debate over the nature of economic progress and the best means of attaining it. Accordingly, we have developed a new indicator ourselves, to show both that it can be done and what such an indicator would look like. This new scorecard invites a thorough rethinking of economic policy and its underlying premises. It suggests strongly that it is not the voters who are out of touch with reality.

VEGAN I AM!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is an urgent need for new indicators of progress, geared to the economy that actually exists. We are members of Redefining Progress, a new organization whose purpose is to stimulate broad public debate over the nature of economic progress and the best means of attaining it. Accordingly, we have developed a new indicator ourselves, to show both that it can be done and what such an indicator would look like. This new scorecard invites a thorough rethinking of economic policy and its underlying premises. It suggests strongly that it is not the voters who are out of touch with reality.

VEGAN I AM!
what website did you copy that off of.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GDP tells very little. Simply a measure of total output (the dollar value of finished goods and services), it assumes that everything produced is by definition "goods." It does not distinguish between costs and benefits, between productive and destructive activities, or between sustainable and unsustainable ones. The nation's central measure of well being works like a calculating machine that adds but cannot subtract. It treats everything that happens in the market as a gain for humanity, while ignoring everything that happens outside the realm of monetized exchange, regardless of the importance to well-being.

By the curious standard of the GDP, the nation's economic hero is a terminal cancer patient who is going through a costly divorce. The happiest event is an earthquake or a hurricane. The most desirable habitat is a multibillion-dollar Superfund site. All these add to the GDP, because they cause money to change hands. It is as if a business kept a balance sheet by merely adding up all "transactions," without distinguishing between income and expenses, or between assets and liabilities.

VEGAN I AM!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GDP tells very little. Simply a measure of total output (the dollar value of finished goods and services), it assumes that everything produced is by definition "goods." It does not distinguish between costs and benefits, between productive and destructive activities, or between sustainable and unsustainable ones. The nation's central measure of well being works like a calculating machine that adds but cannot subtract. It treats everything that happens in the market as a gain for humanity, while ignoring everything that happens outside the realm of monetized exchange, regardless of the importance to well-being.

By the curious standard of the GDP, the nation's economic hero is a terminal cancer patient who is going through a costly divorce. The happiest event is an earthquake or a hurricane. The most desirable habitat is a multibillion-dollar Superfund site. All these add to the GDP, because they cause money to change hands. It is as if a business kept a balance sheet by merely adding up all "transactions," without distinguishing between income and expenses, or between assets and liabilities.

VEGAN I AM!
and this is a bad thing?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something similar happens with the natural habitat. The more the nation depletes its natural resources, the more the GDP increases. This violates basic accounting principles, in that it portrays the depletion of capital as current income. No businessperson would make such a fundamental error. When a small oil company drains an oil well in Texas, it gets a generous depletion allowance on its taxes, in recognition of the loss. Yet that very same drainage shows up as a gain to the nation in the GDP. When the United States fishes its cod populations down to remnants, this appears on the national books as an economic boom--until the fisheries collapse. As the former World Bank economist Herman Daly puts it, the current national accounting system treats the earth as a business in liquidation.

Add pollution to the balance sheet and we appear to be doing even better. In fact, pollution shows up twice as a gain: once when the chemical factory, say, produces it as a by-product, and again when the nation spends billions of dollars to clean up the toxic Superfund site that results. Furthermore, the extra costs that come as a consequence of that environmental depletion and degradation--such as medical bills arising from dirty air--also show up as growth in the GDP.

VEGAN I AM!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The GDP has been the touchstone of economic policy for so long that most Americans probably regard it as a kind of universal standard. (In 1991 the government switched from the old GNP to the GDP, for reasons we will discuss later.) Actually the GDP is just an artifact of history, a relic of another era. It grew out of the challenges of the Depression and the Second World War, when the nation faced economic realities very different from today's. Through history economic measurement has grown out of the beliefs and circumstances of the era. As Western economies went from agriculture to manufacturing to finance and services, modes of measurement generally evolved accordingly. But during this century, and especially since the war, the evolutionary process has slowed to a crawl. The market economy has continued to change radically. In particular it has penetrated deeper and deeper into the realms of family, community, and natural habitat that once seemed beyond its reach. But even as this change has accelerated, the way we measure economic health and progress has been frozen in place.

The first estimates of national accounts in the Western world were the work of one Thomas Petty, in England in 1665. Petty's scope was fairly broad; he was trying to ascertain the taxable capacity of the nation. In France, however, a narrower focus emerged. The prevailing economic theory was that of the Physiocrats, who maintained that agriculture was the true source of a nation's wealth. Not surprisingly, their economic measurement focused on agricultural production. There was a great diversity of viewpoint, however, even in France. In England, a more industrial country, Adam Smith articulated a broader theory of national wealth that included the whole swath of manufactures as well.

But one of many important points overlooked by his ardent followers is that Smith excluded what we today call the entertainment and service economies, including government and lawyers. Such functions might be useful or not, he said. But all are ultimately "unproductive of any value," because they don't give rise to a tangible product. That view was certainly debatable. But Smith was asking a crucial question--one that has pretty much disappeared from economic thought. Is there a difference between mere monetary transactions and a genuine addition to a nation's well being?

By the end of the nineteenth century England's economic center of gravity had shifted significantly from manufacturing to trade and finance. In this new economy Smith's views on national wealth began to pinch. Alfred Marshall, who articulated what is now called neoclassical economics, declared that utility, rather than tangibility, was the true standard of production and wealth. Lawyers' fees, commissions, all the paper shuffling of an abstracted commercial economy, were essentially no different from sacks of potatoes or carloads of iron. The economic significance of a thing lay not in its nature but simply in its market price.

VEGAN I AM!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Remind me, what's it called when a person copies & pastes another person's writings without any attribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors