Become a Patron!

Griffin 22 FIXED

crew

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well i dont know where to start but ill just go from the top.
Bought a Griffin 22 from my local vape shop.
Worked awesomely for about 2 months. Then it all started to happen.
My tank and mod fell on its side on my coffee table. Didn't think nothing of it at the time.
The next morning half of the Ejuice that was in it was puddled under my tank.
Figured out that when it fell down it knocked the ring that the tank screws on to.
All of the base assembly is press fit. So i had e juice coming out from just above the airflow ring.

How i fixed it

Now first time i disassembled the tank i had no idea what i was doing and lost a piece. be careful if u attempt this.
First u need ro remove the center pin from the bottom.
Screw the base assembly back on to something u can hold on to.
Grab a pair of good griping pliers and use the positive and negative posts to remove the coil assembly from the rest of the deck.
Now that that is off u can go ahead and remove the 2 rings air and tank screw on
Note that the air flow control ring has a pin that stopes it from free spinning (the piece i lost (i replaced it with a piece of paperclip cut to the right length)

clean all pieces and time for reassembly

Make sure all Orings are in their correct place. replace the ones that look off in the slightest.

Now place the rings back on the bottom part. I used a vice with woden teeth not to damage the threads.
To re seat the assembly i used a socket just the right size to press fit everything back together.
Once u see that u put enough pressure its time for the coil deck.
Same thing use a vice with wood not to damage anything and press it back in place.
Screw the center pin back in and there u go.

Tank fixed.

Sorry for the lack of pics as i was unable to take shots while i was working on the tank

Feel free to ask away if i didn't explain myself right.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i have never broke a glass on any tank,,,but i am sure that will change and since i have a G22,, i have bookmarked your post-thanks

I used to be able to say the same about tank glass until dropping one while simply cleaning the tank. Thanks to a FT delivery I now have a bunch of extra glass for many of my tanks other than the spare they came with. Still need a few more to cover them all.

@crew congrats on being able to fix the base of your tank. It's too bad so many of these tanks come with press fit bases as it makes it far harder to maintain and fix something.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well i dont know where to start but ill just go from the top.
Bought a Griffin 22 from my local vape shop.
Worked awesomely for about 2 months. Then it all started to happen.
My tank and mod fell on its side on my coffee table. Didn't think nothing of it at the time.
The next morning half of the Ejuice that was in it was puddled under my tank.
Figured out that when it fell down it knocked the ring that the tank screws on to.
All of the base assembly is press fit. So i had e juice coming out from just above the airflow ring.

How i fixed it

Now first time i disassembled the tank i had no idea what i was doing and lost a piece. be careful if u attempt this.
First u need ro remove the center pin from the bottom.
Screw the base assembly back on to something u can hold on to.
Grab a pair of good griping pliers and use the positive and negative posts to remove the coil assembly from the rest of the deck.
Now that that is off u can go ahead and remove the 2 rings air and tank screw on
Note that the air flow control ring has a pin that stopes it from free spinning (the piece i lost (i replaced it with a piece of paperclip cut to the right length)

clean all pieces and time for reassembly

Make sure all Orings are in their correct place. replace the ones that look off in the slightest.

Now place the rings back on the bottom part. I used a vice with woden teeth not to damage the threads.
To re seat the assembly i used a socket just the right size to press fit everything back together.
Once u see that u put enough pressure its time for the coil deck.
Same thing use a vice with wood not to damage anything and press it back in place.
Screw the center pin back in and there u go.

Tank fixed.

Sorry for the lack of pics as i was unable to take shots while i was working on the tank

Feel free to ask away if i didn't explain myself right.
Wow! That's amazing you were able to fix!

VU Sponsors