has anyone tried joyetech cuboid?

eddiegibson1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how is it?

just want to add some info today:
I bought mine on vanguardsmoke.com on Friday and actually received on Monday, big surprise here!

Last edited:

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Not yet, but I sure hope I can get my hands on one of them.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
Just ordered mine with the cubis tank (black on black), $66 with shipping. If it's even 1/2 the product my vtc mini is I'll be happy. Been wanting a dual 18650 and partner has the rx200 and it just feels too heavy. This is my first time ordering straight from china and I know I'll be waiting... impatiently.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Just ordered mine with the cubis tank (black on black), $66 with shipping. If it's even 1/2 the product my vtc mini is I'll be happy. Been wanting a dual 18650 and partner has the rx200 and it just feels too heavy. This is my first time ordering straight from china and I know I'll be waiting... impatiently.
I won't order direct from China again if I can avoid it. Last time I did, it took 3 months, and the product was actually in the US and selling for cheaper before I even got mine in. I'll be waiting for it to hit the US ... I hope yours comes in much quicker!

OpoRoot

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi spawny, where did you get it from? I`m looking for one myself but every place i look it`s only pre-order.

spawny

Member For 4 Years
https://www.ave40.com/store/joyetech-cubis-cuboid-kit.html

I looked high and low on the page and saw no mention of when it would ship, or if it was immediately available. I just know this is what I want and am willing to wait for it. It's also available (china again) here:
http://www.efun.top/150w-joyetech-cuboid-tc-express-kit.html and is listed as a presale ending on January 11

If you go the route I did on ave40 the site seems a bit buggy, especially upon click of final checkout button. So be patient and watch your email. Mine appeared to have not gone through, but a minute later I had paypal confirmation in my email.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will probably end up with one, if not simply for the purposes of filling a hole in my collection.

mstave

Member For 4 Years
https://www.ave40.com/store/joyetech-cubis-cuboid-kit.html

I looked high and low on the page and saw no mention of when it would ship, or if it was immediately available. I just know this is what I want and am willing to wait for it. It's also available (china again) here:
http://www.efun.top/150w-joyetech-cuboid-tc-express-kit.html and is listed as a presale ending on January 11

If you go the route I did on ave40 the site seems a bit buggy, especially upon click of final checkout button. So be patient and watch your email. Mine appeared to have not gone through, but a minute later I had paypal confirmation in my email.
Got mine from efun. Ordered from them a few times without issue.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$41.00 shipped from 3FVape. 1/9/16
Thanks for posting that. I just ordered the black one from 3fvape for $39.89 shipped using coupon code 3FVAPEXmas. I think today is the last day for the code. I never shopped at 3fvape. Hope it goes well. The black ones are supposed to be in stock tomorrow and ship out on Tuesday.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3fvape is China, but to me that's a plus, since I can now use Paypal instead of some credit card.

Over the past year I've placed and received 7 orders to them, all without incident. Can't comment on customer service as I've never had to use it. They take about 1 week to ship most orders. Then it's up to the postal services to do their thing properly and promptly. I would not have any hesitation to order from them based on my past experiences.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm only buying this mod from cvapor.com other vendors can suck my mod

VAPE ON

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As soon as someone gets hands on and gives a good review on the battery door I'll be getting one. Most of the power of the rx200+ the screen and size of a vtc mini, it has to be amazing
Edit: if it wasn't for that battery door I'd order one immediately, and I'm not exactly a collector. The want is strong

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
+1

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Hi spawny, where did you get it from? I`m looking for one myself but every place i look it`s only pre-order.
Mike vapes has a link on his youtube channel. $35 from cigabuy. Got mine on pre order.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I'm hoping to get one to do a review. It looks like a really promising mod!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Aspenvalleyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using it for about a week and I absolutely love it so far!

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeti Vapes posted on their FB page that they're getting them in today.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Myvaporstore has them for 46.95. They ship from new York so if you in the east cost like me its two day shipping

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is out for delivery. I'm off work at 4:00. :)

HD
I have my eye on one of these. I can just see you now.
200.gif

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gonna wait till vapenw has them for 40-45 bucks....Just hope I don't have to wait long...

Aspenvalleyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Must be nice to get stuff so quick ... :( Glad to hear you are loving it!

I wish it always happened like that, but some manufacturers can be a real pain. Joyetech and Innokin are two of the best to work with on our end.

Is the hinge for the batteries all metal? It didn't seem all that sturdy in the video I watched.

The actual hinge is all metal, but there is plastic surrounding it. It isn't the sturdiest, though I don't see it being a problem. Much better than the KBOX 200's battery cover. Also, the unit that I have been using is a tester, so the final version may be a tad different. I'll know here in a few days when our shipment arrives.

Last edited:

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just unboxed mine. The grey looks nice. Not much bigger than the mini. Going to upgrade the software shortly, when I get a few extra minutes. Wish my 316ss would get here. Guess I'll have to try it with ni200 for now.

HD

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am torn between buying the Black version with the risk of the paint/finish peeling off after a few weeks, or the silver un-painted version which have the potential of having a more durable finish, what do you guys think?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am torn between buying the Black version with the risk of the paint/finish peeling off after a few weeks, or the silver un-painted version which have the potential of having a more durable finish, what do you guys think?
If the paint is like the evic mini you shouldn't have to worry too much.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the paint is like the evic mini you shouldn't have to worry too much.

But isn't the evic mini case made of plastic while the CUBOID case is made of metal? i checked all the info on Joyetech's site regarding material and could not find anything about that

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But isn't the evic mini case made of plastic while the CUBOID case is made of metal? i checked all the info on Joyetech's site regarding material and could not find anything about that
I know the battery cover is metal, but the main body might be plastic. My gf hasn't managed to chip hers since I got it for her and she's notoriously rough on things

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually watched a Teardown video of the evic mini and yes it seems like the case is mostly plastic, which means that black is the actual color blended into the material, but if CUBOID is made of metal and have black paining on top of it that would be a totally different story because it becomes very easy to peal off, my black kanger stuff look like crap after few weeks of use from paint chipping of them which made me regret purchasing black in the first place, i do not want to repeat the experience with this mod.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd get black, the silver with that screen looks like some dorky 80s vision of the future. Robocop and a 96 Ford Taurus had a baby. Okay, not really that bad, but it's fun to say anyway.

But, everyone has different aesthetic tastes.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have searched for a protective silicone sleeve for the Cuboid, and only place I could find one (including ebay,Google search, etc) was an authorized VU vendor called VaporVaping. $4.50 w/free shipping. Not sure who they are or where they are based (China?) but seems like a good deal. vaporvaping.com

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using a sleeve for the black version is a bad idea IMHO (unless maybe if that sleeve is transparent), black looks so good on its own, if it is not durable enough that it needs a sleeve to preserve its finish then i think one is better off buying the silver version and using a black silicon sleeve on it. i am so confused about this issue to the point that it is holding me back from placing my order :)

Aspenvalleyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heads up to all Cuboid (& soon to be) owners out there, the 200 watt update is now live. We created a tutorial including the download files over on our website.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can somebody that has been using post a breakdown of how they are utilizing the TCR feature

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3fvape is China, but to me that's a plus, since I can now use Paypal instead of some credit card.

Over the past year I've placed and received 7 orders to them, all without incident. Can't comment on customer service as I've never had to use it. They take about 1 week to ship most orders. Then it's up to the postal services to do their thing properly and promptly. I would not have any hesitation to order from them based on my past experiences.
Do they give a tracking # with the free shipping? I've been ordering from Fasttech for the past few years, but I'm finding it hard to resist the $39.89 price. Another question, if I may. Can I use my Samsung 25r batts(2500mah/3.7V?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do they give a tracking # with the free shipping? I've been ordering from Fasttech for the past few years, but I'm finding it hard to resist the $39.89 price. Another question, if I may. Can I use my Samsung 25r batts(2500mah/3.7V?
Just know that they seem to ship out orders very slowly. Almost everything says it ships out in 3-7 days, including the Cuboid. I ordered one from 3fvape on the 3rd and it hasn't shipped yet (FT has been even slower at times). The price was unbeatable, but I regret not ordering from a faster vendor. Can't comment about a tracking number until they ship my order.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just know that they seem to ship out orders very slowly. Almost everything says it ships out in 3-7 days, including the Cuboid. I ordered one from 3fvape on the 3rd and it hasn't shipped yet (FT has been even slower at times). The price was unbeatable, but I regret not ordering from a faster vendor. Can't comment about a tracking number until they ship my order.
Thanks. I'm not really in a big hurry to get it. I have a Istick 100 now, but want the Cuboid so I can give my son the Istick. I just want to be sure 3F can be trusted.

VU Sponsors