Become a Patron!

has anyone tried joyetech cuboid?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is the cubis doing for you ? Looking for a replacement for my crown and it is in the top 3 right now .
It's great. Not as great as the crown in flavor, but still a great little tank with good flavor.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a Cubis tank yesterday, so I need some more use before I can judge it too much.

But, my initial thoughts are, and I'm a new vaper-so take my opinions with a grain of salt:

I like the airflow adjustment.
I'm very nervous about burning with the way it wicks, flavor is okay with the .5Ω coil - not great, but okay - good vapor production - I haven't turned up over 20 watts yet.
Interested to see how the flavor is with the Clapton coil, one comes with the tank, but I don't know if replacements are available yet.
The size is nice for out and about, comparing it to the Crown is a little lopsided. The Crown is a SUV, the Cubis is a compact.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving the new Cuboid, almost exactly the same as the eVic VTC Mini but with longer battery life and more power. A bit on the heavy side though coming from the eVic Mini. But very solid, feels like I can knock someone out with it

If you can though, try to choose between different samples. Mine has a blemished screen out of the box. The first Cuboid I got my hands on also had some minor imperfections such as a hard-to-close battery door and minor scratches on the body and screen. Returned it to the shop and got another sample. Here's a pic:

95a9c39628a4c740a53a07eb405965a7.jpg

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loving the new Cuboid, almost exactly the same as the eVic VTC Mini but with longer battery life and more power. A bit on the heavy side though coming from the eVic Mini. But very solid, feels like I can knock someone out with it

If you can though, try to choose between different samples. Mine has a blemished screen out of the box. The first Cuboid I got my hands on also had some minor imperfections such as a hard-to-close battery door and minor scratches on the body and screen. Returned it to the shop and got another sample. Here's a pic:

95a9c39628a4c740a53a07eb405965a7.jpg
After seeing this, I'm glad I went for silver.

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone seen any good covers for the cuboid. I make it habbit to get one when i buy a new mod....i hate when my mod gets scuffed up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Lol i had a vaporshark dna 30 that looked like i ran over it repeatedly with a car. When i used it in public people would always ask wtf is that beat up box you are vaping from.

She Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last edited by a moderator:

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.vaporvaping.com/joyetech-cuboid-150w-tc-mod-silicone-protective-case-sleeve-p-426.html

Bought their cover for the Reuleaux and it was the best one offered. Fit like a glove. $4.50 but much better fit, sizing than the $2 ones i have bought from China before.
Took 8 days to get to Canada only during xmas time.
Just bought the Cuboid from there 2 nights ago and was shipped within 12 hours.

Code: vaporvaping3 for 5% off but purchases must be more than $49 to qualify
I bought my reuleaux skin here and it's perfect. I just bought one for the cuboid too and I expect the same. FYI, this mod is great. It meets every expectation I had.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on what your max wattage will be combined with how low you run your batteries down before charging. Samsung 25R's are rated at 20 amps continuous output.
Wattage= Voltage x Current (amps)
Example: You run your batteries down to 3.5 volts each (7 volts total)
7 x 20 = 140 watts.
There is a but though, 3.5 resting voltage will be lower when you apply a load (firing your coil, it's also referred to as voltage sag). That's why I don't consider any 2 18650 mod a true 200 watt device. Then again most people are running them under 100 watts.

Edit. I think 25R's are great batteries and are what I use. Just saying it's best to know their ratings and what that means.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on what your max wattage will be combined with how low you run your batteries down before charging. Samsung 25R's are rated at 20 amps continuous output.
Wattage= Voltage x Current (amps)
Example: You run your batteries down to 3.5 volts each (7 volts total)
7 x 20 = 140 watts.
There is a but though, 3.5 resting voltage will be lower when you apply a load (firing your coil, it's also referred to as voltage sag). That's why I don't consider any 2 18650 mod a true 200 watt device. Then again most people are running them under 100 watts.

Edit. I think 25R's are great batteries and are what I use. Just saying it's best to know their ratings and what that means.
Thanks. I vape around .3ohms dual coil and don't think I'll ever vape above 50-60 watts.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Cuboid from 3FVape a week ago and it still hadn't shipped so I canceled it and ordered one from VaporDNA along with a Serpent RTA. I'm a big fan of single coil RTAs and this one looks promising. Hoping it matches up well with the Cuboid. I also ordered some 316L Clapton wire from FastTech. Can't wait to try the SS Clapton wire in TC on the Cuboid. Hope it works.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Cuboid from 3FVape a week ago and it still hadn't shipped so I canceled it and ordered one from VaporDNA along with a Serpent RTA. I'm a big fan of single coil RTAs and this one looks promising. Hoping it matches up well with the Cuboid. I also ordered some 316L Clapton wire from FastTech. Can't wait to try the SS Clapton wire in TC on the Cuboid. Hope it works.
Follow up with us on that Serpent. Big fan of single coil RTA's also.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Follow up with us on that Serpent. Big fan of single coil RTA's also.
You bet! I wanted to get one when they came out but I waited for the black model to drop. Sooo glad there's a single coil RTA with top fill, juice flow control, a removable deck (even with ejuice in the tank) and mad airflow. Had to get the Cuboid a friend. ^_~

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@f1r3b1rd got one of them Serpents. Id love to know what he thought of it

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ha, I just ordered the same setup, serpent-cuboid also, in silver...I had the Griffin on pre-order but FT kept delaying ship time. So I cancelled. I'm really stoked to play with the serpent, I had it on my radar a while back, but so many products come around that I forgot about how nice it is. I much prefer a single over dual coil. I'm going to try to get a vertical to work on it, may turn out to be just a dream though.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha, I just ordered the same setup, serpent-cuboid also, in silver...I had the Griffin on pre-order but FT kept delaying ship time. So I cancelled. I'm really stoked to play with the serpent, I had it on my radar a while back, but so many products come around that I forgot about how nice it is. I much prefer a single over dual coil. I'm going to try to get a vertical to work on it, may turn out to be just a dream though.
I can't see how you'd get a vertical coil to work in it.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's something interesting, a YouTube review on the Cubis and Cuboid, this guy, like most reviewers got his samples from Joytech for testing and review for free. What's interesting is that when he boots the Cuboid, it flashes his name. I wonder if Joytech will release a update for all users to customize their Cuboid? Go to 10:34
Check it out, here>>>>

Last edited:

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
Here's something interesting, a YouTube review on the Cubis and Cuboid, this guy, like most reviewers got his samples from Joytech for testing and review for free. What's interesting is that when he boots the Cuboid, it flashes his name. I wonder if Joytech will release a update for all users to customize their Cuboid? Go to 10:34
Check it out, here>>>>
Yeah and did you see how the cubis spits out vapor

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yea, there's a thread on the VU about the Cubis, people are saying it is restricted and the flavor lacks. Too early for me to pull the trigger.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm waiting for the new Uwell Rafale tank to hit, I hope it turns out to be a better Crown, if that's possible.
I'm mostly excited about the RBA on the Rafale. The Crown RBA is workable but it definitely needs an upgrade. I don't have a vertical RBA for any of my tanks. If this one works it would be a big deal.

uwell-3_zpsnfc3lmqc.jpg

Last edited:

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check it out, here>>>>

Probably because h
e has the .5 coil at 59 Watts!

I can't get an unburned hit outta this thing at 15 Watts, I don't know what's goin on

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone is interested, I have been checking battery voltages as I take them out of the cuboid to charge at night. I use different sets of married batteries. The farthest the voltage has differed was .02. Sometimes they have read the same.

HD

vaporsavedme

Member For 4 Years
If anyone is interested, I have been checking battery voltages as I take them out of the cuboid to charge at night. I use different sets of married batteries. The farthest the voltage has differed was .02. Sometimes they have read the same.

HD
Thats a big plus! I was wondering if there would be a difference in battery voltage! I cannot wait to get mines!

janne303

Member For 4 Years
I like mine to but my firebutton isnt as steady like on my evic mini. This makes noise when I shake the mod

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah or hope they will release a silicone skin to it :D
I'm telling you, ever since I got a fake leather skin for my VTC it's the only thing I'll use (other than a J-wrap). If they come out with a leather wrap for the Cuboid It'll be heaven. They're super cheap but so darn comfortable and look infinitely better than silicone.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone heard of Geek Vape Weaver wire? Now that I have some SS wire coming, I figure I might as well try other wires while I'm at it. I'm thinking of getting some(along with some Clapton) the same time I order my Griffin and it looks to be a good deal. https://www.everzon.com/geek-vape-weaver-wire.html
CorallineAlgae I just realized that I see you occasionally over at FT.
Hiya Squonk! Yeah, I sure do post comments on FT from time to time. I made my first order there almost two years ago. They have a surprising number of knowledgeable people there and some of the threads can get pretty lively. I'll have to keep an eye out for your name over there (I'm so bad with names). ;)

ETA: Oh. I certainly have heard of Geek Vape but I've never tried Weaver wire. I've just about completely converted over to using stainless steel wire so twisted kanthal doesn't tempt me. I did order a couple different spools of 316L Clapton wire from FT. 316L is way too springy to bother twisting myself. Hopefully it'll be decent stuff.

Last edited:

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hiya Squonk! Yeah, I sure do post comments on FT from time to time. I made my first order there almost two years ago. They have a surprising number of knowledgeable people there and some of the threads can get pretty lively. I'll have to keep an eye out for your name over there (I'm so bad with names). ;)

ETA: Oh. I certainly have heard of Geek Vape but I've never tried Weaver wire. I've just about completely converted over to using stainless steel wire so twisted kanthal doesn't tempt me. I did order a couple different spools of 316L Clapton wire from FT. 316L is way too springy to bother twisting myself. Hopefully it'll be decent stuff.
I have 316 and 304 SS coming from FT. By the way, I go by Sparkster over at FT and I'm glad I didn't order my Cuboid from them. They keep pushing up the delivery date and most of the people over there are cancelling their orders. Mine should be here Friday from Vapor DNA.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 316 and 304 SS coming from FT. By the way, I go by Sparkster over at FT and I'm glad I didn't order my Cuboid from them. They keep pushing up the delivery date and most of the people over there are cancelling their orders. Mine should be here Friday from Vapor DNA.
Friday from Vape Royalty for me...I'm stoked. Just hope I don't wind up sleeping on the couch this weekend. If so, I'll have my new cuboid to vape with.:D

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. When did you place your order with Vapor DNA? I ordered the Cuboid from 2fvapes and canceled it because of the delays there. I ordered the Cubis from FT and canceled that for the same reason. I decided to get a Cuboid and Serpent from Vapor DNA as they're usually pretty fast. Ordered them on Sunday and it still hasn't shipped out. It only shows shipping label created. *sigh*

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice. When did you place your order with Vapor DNA? I ordered the Cuboid from 2fvapes and canceled it because of the delays there. I ordered the Cubis from FT and canceled that for the same reason. I decided to get a Cuboid and Serpent from Vapor DNA as they're usually pretty fast. Ordered them on Sunday and it still hasn't shipped out. It only shows shipping label created. *sigh*
I ordered mine from efun. I think I ordered a day or 2 before the pre-sale ended. It shipped the day after the pre-sale ended. (It's on the boat now, I guess lol)

VU Sponsors