Become a Patron!

has anyone tried joyetech cuboid?

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They seem rather slow right now. Still waiting on mine; ordered the end of last year. Normally they seem faster, but I'm assuming the popularity of this item has things moving slowly. But still, a faster vendor would be nice. 3f does give tracking numbers when the item ships and you can also find tracking numbers on your order history page.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I really would appreciate shipment before the Chinese New Year! They go on a month long sabbatical at that time.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I really would appreciate shipment before the Chinese New Year! They go on a month long sabbatical at that time.
That and what's happening with their financial situation at the moment. They ain't the good ole U.S of A.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably the threat of FDA regulations that is causing the sudden downturn in the Chinese economy.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do they give a tracking # with the free shipping? I've been ordering from Fasttech for the past few years, but I'm finding it hard to resist the $39.89 price. Another question, if I may. Can I use my Samsung 25r batts(2500mah/3.7V?
3fvape is good shit Squonk. Pretty quick shipping (from China).& the 1 issue I had was resolved very quickly (good customer service)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered yesterday afternoon. It said pre-sale ended the 8th. Got shipment email at around 4AM this morning lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still trying to figure out where to get mine. I'm thinking grey myself, but I'm not too picky. Any coupon codes for Efun? I'm on the site now.
I'm not sure there are any.they also had the Cubis tanks for $15 btw

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! I went to place my order on a black in stock at 3Fvape and the coupon expired since last night. Anyone know of a new coupon code. And yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would spend the $3 more and get it from origin. Add10 coupon code
Thanks, but $6 shipping still brings it over $47 after -10%. I hate paying for intangibles. If I was in a big hurry it would be a different story. I'm fine being the last kid on the block to get one and I don't need anything to bring me up to the $75 free ship. Go ahead, call me Cheap Bastard, I'm used to it.:D

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, but $6 shipping still brings it over $47 after -10%. I hate paying for intangibles. If I was in a big hurry it would be a different story. I'm fine being the last kid on the block to get one and I don't need anything to bring me up to the $75 free ship. Go ahead, call me Cheap Bastard, I'm used to it.:D
Nope, totally understandable

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Efun was around $43 shipped

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3fvape shows shipping my Cuboid now. Maybe it got lost...all it took was a quick email and voila! There it was!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3fvape shows shipping my Cuboid now. Maybe it got lost...all it took was a quick email and voila! There it was!
I wish it worked that way for everybody. I ordered the Cuboid from 3fvape on the 3rd, then sent them 2 emails asking about shipping, and it still hasn't shipped. That's 5 days ago and still waiting for them to get my order out the door.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish it worked that way for everybody. I ordered the Cuboid from 3fvape on the 3rd, then sent them 2 emails asking about shipping, and it still hasn't shipped. That's 5 days ago and still waiting for them to get my order out the door.
You order the silver?

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. All I need to do is settle on color. I found a coupon for $10 off but then the free ship won't apply. It's still a good deal especially stateside. Comes out to $44.98 after shipping. Coupon Code "VTRz7Zws5k"
Kinda liking the grey. Hmmmmm?
I chose the stainless, i live in AZ and dont neex black attracting more heat in summer.

I bought the cubis and cuboid for $80

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I chose the stainless, i live in AZ and dont neex black attracting more heat in summer.

I bought the cubis and cuboid for $80
Stainless was my first thought because I don't know the quality of the paint, but grey just looks like a nice change of pace.

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stainless was my first thought because I don't know the quality of the paint, but grey just looks like a nice change of pace.
I figured stainless for heat and inperfection reasons down the road. You can polish stainless to look like chrome!!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. All I need to do is settle on color. I found a coupon for $10 off but then the free ship won't apply. It's still a good deal especially stateside. Comes out to $44.98 after shipping. Coupon Code "VTRz7Zws5k"
Kinda liking the grey. Hmmmmm?
I used that coupon when I ordered my first VTC Mini. It's a one time use coupon so I can't use it for my Cuboid (going to use the 10% off code). Don't forget to add a free 10ml bottle of juice to your order. Here's how to get it.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's a good gauge stainless wire to use or should I try several gauges? I have 26/ 316L in the cart now. I use Billow V2s, Cirus and a Bellus.

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's a good gauge stainless wire to use or should I try several gauges? I have 26/ 316L in the cart now.
Thats ideal for this device, spaced coils with stainless give me best results. Stay above .50

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha!! That would be nice. Never rewrappex a Battery (as you can tell fromy avi)
Yeah, I saw that. I hope your healing up OK. If you need some just shoot me a PM with your address and I'll stick them in the mail. I wrapped my batts when they started chipping. These things are nice and thick but not too thick not to fit. Just use a hair dryer on low heat and only takes less than 30 seconds to shrink tight.

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I saw that. I hope your healing up OK. If you need some just shoot me a PM with your address and I'll stick them in the mail. I wrapped my batts when they started chipping. These things are nice and thick but not too thick not to fit.
Im almost embarrassed to admit, even at 40 years old. I decided to unwrap 3 of them to make a married set only to have my device detonate in my hand. 2015 i went out with a bang. I will NEVER use another unsealed battery. 3rd degree burns, having a device blow up in your hand is no joke. 2 ER visits, therapy and the embarrassment is bad enough. Ill just throw them out when they crack.

Thanks for the offer though bro

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im almost embarrassed to admit, even at 40 years old. I decided to unwrap 3 of them to make a married set only to have my device detonate in my hand. 2015 i went out with a bang. I will NEVER use another unsealed battery. 3rd degree burns, having a device blow up in your hand is no joke. 2 ER visits, therapy and the embarrassment is bad enough. Ill just throw them out when they crack.

Thanks for the offer though bro
As long as I have some on hand the offer is open to you.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's a good gauge stainless wire to use or should I try several gauges? I have 26/ 316L in the cart now. I use Billow V2s, Cirus and a Bellus.

26 gauge is ideal for most attys if you aren't looking to go very low or high ohms with your builds. It's probably a good idea to also get one size higher and lower just to have some options. 28 gauge is useful for dual coil RTAs if you want to stay around .5 ohm. 28 or 30 gauge 316L wire is good of you like making twisted wire (works very well in TC mode if you space the coil) but it's crazy springy. I also recommend trying out a spool of 26 gauge 304 SS. It's much less springy than 316L, which makes it easier to build with. 316L isn't actually difficult, you can use a slightly smaller rod than your target size to make coils (use a 2mm rod to get a 2.5mm coil for example). 26 gauge 304 SS it rock solid. No spring in that stuff.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
26 gauge is ideal for most attys if you aren't looking to go very low or high ohms with your builds. It's probably a good idea to also get one size higher and lower just to have some options. 28 gauge is useful for dual coil RTAs if you want to stay around .5 ohm. 28 or 30 gauge 316L wire is good of you like making twisted wire (works very well in TC mode if you space the coil) but it's crazy springy. I also recommend trying out a spool of 26 gauge 304 SS. It's much less springy than 316L, which makes it easier to build with. 316L isn't actually difficult, you can use a slightly smaller rod than your target size to make coils (use a 2mm rod to get a 2.5mm coil for example). 26 gauge 304 SS it rock solid. No spring in that stuff.
Thanks. That's a wealth of great information. I'll take your advise and will order my wire from Fasttech. Great prices. Are these good to start with?
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3237700
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3206900

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would also advise that you get a few spools of each. Especially the 28g. It disappears quickly when you're twisting it lol
I never tried twisted wire. I've only done the ole wrap, wick vape routine for the past year or so. But I will grab a few spools of each since it's so cheap. I just hope SS is worth it and everything it's cracked up to be. God knows I have enough Kanthal laying around.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I use 304 SS with the Cuboid? I'm sooo far behind the times.:(

Last edited:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I use 304 SS with the Cuboid? I sooo far behind the times.:(
fe9e67b5defbb862b72d41fc488966cd.jpg

Yes you can

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks

Thanks. That's a wealth of great information. I'll take your advise and will order my wire from Fasttech. Great prices. Are these good to start with?
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3237700
https://www.fasttech.com/product/3206900
Definitely. Those are the 2 spools that I use the most (by far) out of the 8 different SS wires I have. Now, since you use lots of dual coil RTAs it might be worth adding some 28 gauge SS wire, unless you like to go very low ohm. Stainless steel wire has about half the resistance of kanthal. 26 gauge is the most useful gauge for most builds, but if you ever want to build a dual coil atty closer to .5 then 28 gauge will get you there.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely. Those are the 2 spools that I use the most (by far) out of the 8 different SS wires I have. Now, since you use lots of dual coil RTAs it might be worth adding some 28 gauge SS wire, unless you like to go very low ohm. Stainless steel wire has about half the resistance of kanthal. 26 gauge is the most useful gauge for most builds, but if you ever want to build a dual coil atty closer to .5 then 28 gauge will get you there.
I like around .3 using kanthal.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors