Become a Patron!

has anyone tried joyetech cuboid?

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
Cuboid with cubis tank, ss .5 coils. Will not fire in ss temp mode. All other modes work, vw mode, ni mode, & ti mode. Updated to 3.1. HELP!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now seeing that the new grey I got was even more fantastic than my stainless one....do I just go ahead and make it three and order the black?

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got a cuboid today and I have had no problems at all .. buttons work. no rattle. great size and has a sweet feel/weight to it.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now seeing that the new grey I got was even more fantastic than my stainless one....do I just go ahead and make it three and order the black?
A lot of people are reporting greys coming in perfect shape and condition, probably because it is the least produced color and even had a color revision along the way so seems to be the most neatly assembled of their colors.

You say the button "does not rattle AT ALL" is that statement literal? Or a bit exaggerated out of excitement for the quality of the grey you got? Is it not even a little loose?

The reason i ask is because this button should rattle by design given that the original design seems to be metal on metal without rubber padding, unless they have made a revision already which would be so cool, did they make a revised button design? Is it the same button feeling, placement and clickiness of your other silver Cuboid or did it change? Please explain.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got my SS Cuboid, had some minor scratches on the USB side, couple on the screen. No machine oil. Fire button is a bit loose. Certain tanks leave a gap, but all fit well on the Kbox. The 510 pin is not too springy.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Enjoy your cuboid. I'd have to say you got a normal one... I haven't tried all my tanks and attys, but the ones I have tried, nothing sits flush. That and the button rattle are my least favorite thing about the otherwise decent cuboid.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A lot of people are reporting greys coming in perfect shape and condition, probably because it is the least produced color and even had a color revision along the way so seems to be the most neatly assembled of their colors.

You say the button "does not rattle AT ALL" is that statement literal? Or a bit exaggerated out of excitement for the quality of the grey you got? Is it not even a little loose?

The reason i ask is because this button should rattle by design given that the original design seems to be metal on metal without rubber padding, unless they have made a revision already which would be so cool, did they make a revised button design? Is it the same button feeling, placement and clickiness of your other silver Cuboid or did it change? Please explain.
On my stainless there is noticeable play, side to side, up/down with your finger on it. New light grey that movement is almost non-existent and there is a more clicky feel when firing. The front face buttons on the stainless are slightly raised, whereas they are completely flush on the new one; they also have a more clicky feel. Just my observations.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my SS Cuboid, had some minor scratches on the USB side, couple on the screen. No machine oil. Fire button is a bit loose. Certain tanks leave a gap, but all fit well on the Kbox. The 510 pin is not too springy.
How much dude?? I will send u money right now?

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, at least let me find a new one first.... LOL
:rolleyes:
Don't scratch it dude,
The KBOX are more on the go box mods monk, I haven't use my cuboid since I got my KBOX...and plus the white looks bad ass on black tanks...

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On my stainless there is noticeable play, side to side, up/down with your finger on it. New light grey that movement is almost non-existent and there is a more clicky feel when firing. The front face buttons on the stainless are slightly raised, whereas they are completely flush on the new one; they also have a more clicky feel. Just my observations.
Very interesting information, light grey looking the best right now, seems to have received a silent revision based on early consumer feedback

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cuboid with cubis tank, ss .5 coils. Will not fire in ss temp mode. All other modes work, vw mode, ni mode, & ti mode. Updated to 3.1. HELP!
You can try two things. First try another SS coil (or another tank) to try and rule out a bad coil. You can also revert the firmware back to v3.0. A lot of people are having trouble with SS TC using the v3.1 firmware but have no problems with the v3.0. Truth be told, it could be a lot of things: the tank, the coil, the 510 connection, firmware, who knows. By far the most common issues would be bad coils or the new firmware. Try to rule those out.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
You can try two things. First try another SS coil (or another tank) to try and rule out a bad coil. You can also revert the firmware back to v3.0. A lot of people are having trouble with SS TC using the v3.1 firmware but have no problems with the v3.0. Truth be told, it could be a lot of things: the tank, the coil, the 510 connection, firmware, who knows. By far the most common issues would be bad coils or the new firmware. Try to rule those out.
Thanks CorallineAlgae. I think it was a bad coil or maybe it wasn't broken in properly. I put another one in used it in vw mode, vaped a tank at 30 watts. I then switched to temp mode & bumped up the temp every other vape. Got it up to 600 degrees then backed it down. The mod goes up to 200 watts in temp mode. I'm now throwing clouds at 550 degrees at 30 watts. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

janne303

Member For 4 Years
R.I.P https://www.facebook.com/NuMedDamp.dk/posts/752880298180763?hc_location=ufi

fp7zgh.jpg

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOOOL, one more great feature of the amazing Cuboid, aside from the rattling button, the scratched screen, erratic operation, and pre-mature failure, it also has the feature of blowing up in your face, amazing device, highly recommended :D

Who said high drain batteries can be secured in place with a moving plate door on hinges and a plastic lock is a good idea? :D

Last edited:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Courtesy of Google Translate:
Joyetech Cuboid and Battery Safety.

As some of you have seen on social media, there has been showcased images where a user of Joyetech Cuboid MOD unfortunately, has been in an accident.
The talk has gone on different scenarios and conjecture, however, we, the importer and Joyetech chosen not to make a statement before MOD'et had been examined.

It has not been possible to restore the Joyetech episode, even at maximum load for a long period.

We can confirm that the MOD has been sold from our store, along with 2 Sony VTC4 batteries. What specifically happened to cause the accident, however, has proven to be difficult to ascertain because one battery has disappeared. However, we know that no one has used the 2 medsolgte Sony VTC4 batteries at the time of the accident.

MOD'et have been separated and the following can be found:
· Battery 1 has disappeared and can not be located by the user.
· Battery 2 was still in MOD'et and has been taken out. This turns out to be the brand Imren that have not been sold from numeddamp.dk. It has not been possible to view the model number.
· Cuboid MOD'et has no damage to the main board / circuit boards. There probably will not be a failure from the very MOD'et.

It is therefore most likely that the accident was due to the used batteries; either by improper use or failure of the batteries.

This case illustrates an important aspect in this type MODs: Battery Safety.

We advise daily customers to be aware of their batteries and this advice we would like to pass on to everyone. It is important these products are treated with care and follow the advice of the professional e-cigarette businesses.
You can follow some of the advice below:
· Is there damage to the wrapper / battery packaging? Discard the battery.
· Do not use 2 different batteries in your MOD.
· Check if your battery is compatible with your MOD (Ask your. Your dealer)
· Does your MOD 2 or more batteries - Charge the same time and use them fixed (Par)
· If in doubt - ask your dealer.

It is important we as steamers show respect for these products and use them correctly, to prevent more accidents. Electronic MOD provides more security, but incorrect use of batteries can not be curbed - This is for the user to maintain vigilance.

You are always welcome to visit our store and show us your batteries and tell their story, where we will advise you of these suits your MOD / use.

We hope the above illustrates this case and answers the conjecture that has flourished. We are obviously sad the viral effect this incident has had, but hope that such events will no longer occur.

As I've noted, several times: I don't like the Cuboid's design--including the battery door. But fair is fair. If the vendor's analysis is correct: This fault can hardly be attributed to the mod's design.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So sick of this shit. What is this becoming the industry norm for every hot selling mod. Someone posted the same kind of BULLSHIT about the RX when it was selling like hot cakes. When people tried to verify the story all kinds of red flags went up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So sick of this shit. What is this becoming the industry norm for every hot selling mod. Someone posted the same kind of BULLSHIT about the RX when it was selling like hot cakes. When people tried to verify the story all kinds of red flags went up.

Why would the consumer fake it? this incident happens in Denmark and the vendor confirmed the purchase and the incident plus Nordic culture does not tend to fake or invent incidents like that, just honest people who report genuine facts, the design of the battery door (its electrical conductivity mechanism) makes such an incident very possible and believable, battery plate door on hinges and plastic lock moves .. battery arcs and catches fire or vents, why would you think that this could not have actually happened?

I understand the American culture tends to suspect every incident and every report and looks for the conspiracy in every story, but it is not like that in all parts of the world especially in Scandinavia, if the consumer says it happened and the vendor confirms it happened then it more likely than not actually happened, magnetic battery doors with batteries setting firmly inside is much safer, just an electrical fact!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm butthurt because I received a defective device. Now I'm gonna go shit on everyone else that didn't? Blow
It wasn't defective. Check out the update. Clearly user error. It really makes me laugh how so many people are unwilling to educate themselves. Guy was using at least one cheap ass re wrap imren battery. Read the comments after the post. He was sold Sony batteries but decided to go with a different set while they charged. Guy claimed he was an experienced vaper for 5 years.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was this guy EXPERIENCED VAPER FOR 5 years if he didn't know he has to marry BATTS??
TSK TSK TSK

Vape On
Exactly my point. Just the fact that he's using Imrens tells me he is clueless.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It wasn't defective. Check out the update. Clearly user error. It really makes me laugh how so many people are unwilling to educate themselves. Guy was using at least one cheap ass re wrap imren battery. Read the comments after the post. He was sold Sony batteries but decided to go with a different set while they charged. Guy claimed he was an experienced vaper for 5 years.

Lol I wasn't referring to that, but ty

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would the consumer fake it? this incident happens in Denmark and the vendor confirmed the purchase and the incident plus Nordic culture does not tend to fake or invent incidents like that, just honest people who report genuine facts, the design of the battery door (its electrical conductivity mechanism) makes such an incident very possible and believable, battery plate door on hinges and plastic lock moves .. battery arcs and catches fire or vents, why would you think that this could not have actually happened?

I understand the American culture tends to suspect every incident and every report and looks for the conspiracy in every story, but it is not like that in all parts of the world especially in Scandinavia, if the consumer says it happened and the vendor confirms it happened then it more likely than not actually happened, magnetic battery doors with batteries setting firmly inside is much safer, just an electrical fact!
And why do you always pull that AMERICAN CULTURE BULLSHIT?

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, WTF does that even mean?

Yeah I don't get it,
Maybe in scathefuckvia it's not like here in the USA, is he trying to say AMERICANS are smarter than SCANDANAVUA, I can't claim to be smarter cuz I can't even spell the damn word...

Vape On

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I don't get it,
Maybe in scathefuckvia it's not like here in the USA, is he trying to say AMERICANS are smarter than SCANDANAVUA, I can't claim to be smarter cuz I can't even spell the damn word...

Vape On
Lmao, dude stop you just my coffee got thru my nose. Lol

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And why do you always pull that AMERICAN CULTURE BULLSHIT?
Yeah, WTF does that even mean?
Simply because you have a way of making it stand out so pressingly with every event, you suspect, suspect, suspect, show us pictures, show us videos, provide your public IP address as a proof of location, double, triple and quadruple check for the slightest inconsistencies even very honest ones, and if there are no inconsistencies you make up some, and then some more, the user was a moron, the batteries were fake, show us a copy of your ID to make you are who you say you are, prove you are not an alien, what is the size of your underwear so we can asses if you are lying or not .. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? no really, i mean REALLY, WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP SHIT IS THAT? you don't feel the kind of shit you are doing because you are living it every fucking day, but in other parts of the world IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT, when someone says that something happened then it most probably actually happened, it is as simple as that, no motive to lie or fake stupid shit like that, things are simple, conspiracy does not explain the world!

What is up with you people defending shit ass Chinese manufacturers like your MOM is the CEO or something? what the fuck are you thinking? the product quality is shit and all kinds of accidents are to be expected with such fucked up manufacturing ... so really fuck that! you wanna keep sucking Chinese dick be my guest, does not change the fact that they are selling you dangerous crappy garbage and making you love it!

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Simply because you have a way of making it stand out so pressingly with every event, you suspect, suspect, suspect, show us pictures, show us videos, provide your public IP address as a proof of location, double, triple and quadruple check for the slightest inconsistencies even very honest ones, and if there are no inconsistencies you make up some, and then some more, the user was a moron, the batteries were fake, show us a copy of your ID to make you are who you say you are, prove you are not an alien, what is the size of your underwear so we can asses if you are lying or not .. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? no really, i mean REALLY, WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP SHIT IS THAT? you don't feel the kind of shit you are doing because you are living it every fucking days, but in other parts of the world IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT, when someone says that something happened then it most probably actually happened, it is as simple as that, no motive to lie or fake stupid shit like that, things are simple, conspiracy does not explain the world!

What is up with you people defending shit ass Chinese manufacturers like your MOM is the CEO or something? what the fuck are you thinking? the product quality is shit and all kinds of accidents are to be expected with such fucked up manufacturing ... so really fuck that! you wanna keep sucking Chinese dick be my guest, does not change the fact that they are selling you dangerous crappy garbage and making you love it!
JFC you are annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Whoa! Dude!
shocked.gif
Chill.

In your original post regarding the Cuboid you did go a mite over the top with your title and OP. You're going to reap the results of that particular post for a long time. Then you drop into another Cuboid thread, post a Danish-language item that, lacking an understanding of Danish, might reasonably lead one to believe the mod was at fault for fiery destruction. In fact it would appear to have been user error. A fact which I quickly pointed-out.

You're coming across as a bit... hysterical.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whoa! Dude!
shocked.gif
Chill.

In your original post regarding the Cuboid you did go a mite over the top with your title and OP. You're going to reap the results of that particular post for a long time. Then you drop into another Cuboid thread, post a Danish-language item that, lacking an understanding of Danish, might reasonably lead one to believe the mod was at fault for fiery destruction. In fact it would appear to have been user error. A fact which I quickly pointed-out.

He's not hysterical, just a fucking troll.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
JFC you are annoying
Do you have pictures to prove it or are you just faking this shit? sounds too fake to me, if you have not been using your iPhone you would have found that i am in fact very entertaining, USER ERROR please switch to a PC and then read the post again, you will realize how wonderful, full of wisdom and smart asseness it is!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whoa! Dude!
shocked.gif
Chill.

:D i am chilling, just trying to sound more "Underground" by pushing the "F" letter on my keyboard as much as i can, a little social experiment would not hurt while i am already "reaping the results" of my highly sinful title which i wrote in an angry moment, should be subjected to the electrical chair for that title while you are at it ... so a little more "results reaping" on top of what i have already would not hurt

PS. I did not post the news or link for that incident, i just commented on it with my convictions NOTHING MORE.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have pictures to prove it or are you just faking this shit? sounds too fake to me, if you have not been using your iPhone you would have found that i am in fact very entertaining, USER ERROR please switch to a PC and then read the post again, you will realize how wonderful, full of wisdom and smart asseness it is!
No need, you're just as annoying when I'm on my Mac.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok If someone from scandabfuckme said
I'm a dude with a vagina? Would you not check on that? We Americans use Chinese shit every fucking day, I'm not sure what kind of stuff u use over in whatever the fuck u are, we are entitled to investigate shit, we don't just DONT SAY OOPS IT EXPLODED WHEN HE WAS SUCKING ON A CHINESE MOD and stay the fuck quiet!!! We want to know why how where when and who, in this case this experienced dumb fuck was using un married 18650 batts, we emphasized it enough to all VAPERS that YOU NEED TO MARRY UR 18650s, but this DUMB FUCK GOT TO EXCITED TO USE HIS BRAND NEW CHINESE SHITLY MADE MOD THAT HE INSTALLED AN unmarried 18650!! Now, who's fault is that??
And this shit happens all the time, not only in the sacnthefuckme it happens here in the USA as well,and we ask why who where when and how, now if u hate the chinese manufacturers so much then buy sacnthefuckme products if you can find one!!! We don't defend Chinese shit, we just don't like dumb experience VAPER that won't marry batteries and tell the world that his mod exploded.. You get it now?

Vape On

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No need, you're just as annoying when I'm on my Mac.

USER ERROR again, try windows, make sure it is the LATEST windows 10 with all updates installed, and if you still don't find me entertaining at that point .... I am absolutely sure that i am wonderful and amazing, you know why? right on top of my butt it says MADE IN CHINA

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok If someone from scandabfuckme said
I'm a dude with a vagina? Would you not check on that? We Americans use Chinese shit every fucking day, I'm not sure what kind of stuff u use over in whatever the fuck u are, we are entitled to investigate shit, we don't just DONT SAY OOPS IT EXPLODED WHEN HE WAS SUCKING ON A CHINESE MOD and stay the fuck quiet!!! We want to know why how where when and who, in this case this experienced dumb fuck was using un married 18650 batts, we emphasized it enough to all VAPERS that YOU NEED TO MARRY UR 18650s, but this DUMB FUCK GOT TO EXCITED TO USE HIS BRAND NEW CHINESE SHITLY MADE MOD THAT HE INSTALLED AN unmarried 18650!! Now, who's fault is that??
And this shit happens all the time, not only in the sacnthefuckme it happens here in the USA as well,and we ask why who where when and how, now if u hate the chinese manufacturers so much then buy sacnthefuckme products if you can find one!!! We don't defend Chinese shit, we just don't like dumb experience VAPER that won't marry batteries and tell the world that his mod exploded.. You get it now?

Vape On
b7e3fc5ad4c92a4ce55e9590a6a8e9a0.jpg

VU Sponsors