Become a Patron!

has anyone tried joyetech cuboid?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't beat the batt life with the RX200... Three batts goes for a couple days on a single charge..to me that's a winner, and even though it's a 200w mod I seldom vape above 80w, but it nice to have that extra power if I ever need it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm buying another 1 I always get 2 of things I like... Yeah not bad for 29.99 btw my fuchai is for sale 45 bucks shipped priority pm me guys

VAPE ON
where did you find it for $29.99? I have the stainless but want to get a grey. I also saw on the manufacturer website that they released a new grey version, wonder where that one might be found? Send me the link for the $29 and I will be ordering today!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
where did you find it for $29.99? I have the stainless but want to get a grey. I also saw on the manufacturer website that they released a new grey version, wonder where that one might be found? Send me the link for the $29 and I will be ordering today!
It was on sale wholesale store vaporizing distributor com
3 weeks wait, I have to go out of VAPING underground, I think I found em at Thailand VAPERS lol... This is not the only forum I troll...

VAPE ON

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3 weeks wait, I have to go out of VAPING underground, I think I found em at Thailand VAPERS lol... This is not the only forum I troll...

VAPE ON
Thank God!! lololol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
great everybody seems like this one
It's a nice mod but it isn't perfect. It's obnoxiously heavy for it's size and the 510 might be better if it was moved a little more towards the middle to accommodate the larger tanks that are out now. At 2/3ʳᵈ of a pound with batteries, it feels quite a bit heavier than it needs to be. Everything else about it is pretty great.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a nice mod but it isn't perfect. It's obnoxiously heavy for it's size and the 510 might be better if it was moved a little more towards the middle to accommodate the larger tanks that are out now. At 2/3ʳᵈ of a pound with batteries, it feels quite a bit heavier than it needs to be. Everything else about it is pretty great.

I agree for the size of it, the weight did surprise me, even without batteries it is pretty heavy.

Had my 1st day using it all day at work, did notice one battery bar went slightly lower than the other, but when got home and put them on my charger, they both read the same, so seems it is draining both at the same rate.

As others have mentioned, the screen is a smudge magnet and even though only used for one day the paint had started to rub off one of the corners, but it was used at work, so not been treated with baby hands, overall I think it is well worth the money.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

VAPE ON
are you suggesting I troll other forums? lol :) I don't want vapingunderground to feel like im cheating on it! ;)

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My black & gold Les Paul Custom Black Beauty was the nearest thing to perfection I've ever owned, but it sure got heavy by the end of the show.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My black & gold Les Paul Custom Black Beauty...
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah,my Yellow 18650 LG batts will not fire this bad boy, the only batts I have in my Arsenal are the effest purple....

VAPE ON

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah,my Yellow 18650 LG batts will not fire this bad boy, the only batts I have in my Arsenal are the effest purple....

VAPE ON
I just got 4 Efest purple in yesterday(apparently a bad purchase decision according to the gang). I'll charge them up tonight after work and load them up on Saturday. If they suck as bad as rumor has it, I'll grab some Sony vt5 next month.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got 4 Efest purple in yesterday(apparently a bad purchase decision according to the gang). I'll charge them up tonight after work and load them up on Saturday. If they suck as bad as rumor has it, I'll grab some Sony vt5 next month.
That's all I've used before, purple effest, great batts... You won't regret it dude, ur gonna use it in a regulated box mod, you won't feel the difference... Ive used Sony batts 3 years ago with mech mods and yeah those sonys really hit hard on mech mods but don't last... That's enough battery talk, there's another thread for that

VAPE ON

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hadn't tried the yellow LG HE4s in my Cuboid so I threw in a set and they worked fine. Then I decided to give all of my batteries a try. So far, Samsung 30Q & 25R, LG HG2, HE2 & HE4, Sony VTC4 and MXJO 2500mah batteries have all worked. It's troubling to see a number of people having issues fitting popular batteries in their Cuboid when other Cuboids work perfectly well with them. I wonder what's going on.

tomdon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hadn't tried the yellow LG HE4s in my Cuboid so I threw in a set and they worked fine. Then I decided to give all of my batteries a try. So far, Samsung 30Q & 25R, LG HG2, HE2 & HE4, Sony VTC4 and MXJO 2500mah batteries have all worked. It's troubling to see a number of people having issues fitting popular batteries in their Cuboid when other Cuboids work perfectly well with them. I wonder what's going on.
People having trouble fitting batts is weird. My he4 and efest all fit fine

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People having trouble fitting batts is weird. My he4 and efest all fit fine
It's true men,the negative side of my cuboid is really tight with purple effest I have to shake it down to take the batt off... Then my yellow g are too short for the mod, oh well 29 bucks I'm not gonna complain

VAPE ON

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the ones with tight battery slots also have the button rattle. I have no button rattle and have used 4 different brand batteries with no problems. Maybe a qc issue.

HD

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the ones with tight battery slots also have the button rattle. I have no button rattle and have used 4 different brand batteries with no problems. Maybe a qc issue.

HD
I can use all the batteries I own and only one was tight, the LG HE4 in the positive down slot. No button rattle whatsoever.

psyshack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my Cuboid in yesterday. Put a Atlantis V2 on it with a NI200 coil. Shoved in a pair of new HE4's and went to town with some Cloud 9 Medusa Milk. Mines SS and does have the button rattle. Battery's fit good. I've enjoy the mod and tank.

Now charging battery's for a new RX200 and Herk +. Life is good in vape land. :)

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only had mine for a couple of days. I don't have any rattles. But the 25 amp limitation on the chip bothers me a little. Guy came in to the shop today with a .11 build that was pretty cool. We tried it on the cuboid and 68 watts was max. Put it on the Fuchai, and the RX200 and they both here able to push it up to 200 watts. Weight wise, in hand it feels very close to an RX200 with both devices having batteries. For the $35 price, I'll keep it. But if your asking for a recommendation, the RX200 is the more capable.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only had mine for a couple of days. I don't have any rattles. But the 25 amp limitation on the chip bothers me a little. Guy came in to the shop today with a .11 build that was pretty cool. We tried it on the cuboid and 68 watts was max. Put it on the Fuchai, and the RX200 and they both here able to push it up to 200 watts. Weight wise, in hand it feels very close to an RX200 with both devices having batteries. For the $35 price, I'll keep it. But if your asking for a recommendation, the RX200 is the more capable.
Yeah, the RX200 is only 23 grams heaver than the Cuboid with batteries. Scant difference. I think the Cuboid is targeted more towards normal and temp control vapers looking for longer battery life than a single 18650 mod.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, the RX200 is only 23 grams heaver than the Cuboid with batteries. Scant difference. I think the Cuboid is targeted more towards normal and temp control vapers looking for longer battery life than a single 18650 mod.
I think it would be a superb mod if Joyetech would just fix the firmware. With the RX200 V3 Firmware, it will support TCR, and 200 watts on most builds and tanks. At only $4 more than the Cuboid, it's gonna make the RX200 a better choice. It's not so much even if they will ever use the capabilities, but knowing you have the option is worth the $4. Joyetech knows how to fix it, they wrote the software, and provided the chip for the RX200. Will be interesting to see if Joyetech improves the firmware. At $35 I'm not unhappy with it, I but think they could have made it better.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it would be a superb mod if Joyetech would just fix the firmware. With the RX200 V3 Firmware, it will support TCR, and 200 watts on most builds and tanks. At only $4 more than the Cuboid, it's gonna make the RX200 a better choice. It's not so much even if they will ever use the capabilities, but knowing you have the option is worth the $4. Joyetech knows how to fix it, they wrote the software, and provided the chip for the RX200. Will be interesting to see if Joyetech improves the firmware. At $35 I'm not unhappy with it, I but think they could have made it better.
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying. Are you saying you want the full 200 watts on the Cuboid? It already has custom TCRs, but 200 watts is pretty sketchy with only two 18650s. I actually didn't do the firmware upgrade on my Cuboid because it would just be another 50 watts to scroll through. It's also one reason I ordered a Kanger 120 TC instead of the 200. You're definitely right about the RX200. It's a true 200 watt beast. I think the original 150 watt listing on the Cuboid was much more honest about the mod's capabilities.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Cuboid passed the drop test the other day. I had it in my coat pocket and I bent over to pick up some litter on the ground, when I stood up it tumbled about 36 inches to the pavement and landed on flat on the screen side.
The battery door stayed closed which was good.
The finish on the cuboid held up pretty well considering but it's noticeable. No damage to the Cleito that was attached.
0123160533a-1[1].jpg 0123160533-1[1].jpg
Mod works just fine.
Ironic how just last week I noticed that Fasttech had the silicone sleeves and ordered three, they shipped yesterday.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying. Are you saying you want the full 200 watts on the Cuboid? It already has custom TCRs, but 200 watts is pretty sketchy with only two 18650s. I actually didn't do the firmware upgrade on my Cuboid because it would just be another 50 watts to scroll through. It's also one reason I ordered a Kanger 120 TC instead of the 200. You're definitely right about the RX200. It's a true 200 watt beast. I think the original 150 watt listing on the Cuboid was much more honest about the mod's capabilities.
The firmware on the Cuboid has a firmware block that limits you to 25 amps. Try putting a .22 build on the cuboid, with or without the V3.1 it will only allow 137.5 watts on a .22. If you put a .11 build on, your'e limited to 68 watts.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The firmware on the Cuboid has a firmware block that limits you to 25 amps. Try putting a .22 build on the cuboid, with or without the V3.1 it will only allow 137.5 watts on a .22. If you put a .11 build on, your'e limited to 68 watts.
I can see some vapers needing that. It is odd that the VTC Mini has a 20 amp limit and the Cuboid only offers 5 more amps. Seems like 35 amps would be a reasonable expectation. Either way, I really believe that this mod isn't targeted towards serious power vapers. It's a pretty big hit with the TC crowd. Trying to making it a "200w" device with a firmware upgrade was a goofy proposition to start with. Not sure Joyetech thought that one through.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Cuboid passed the drop test the other day. I had it in my coat pocket and I bent over to pick up some litter on the ground, when I stood up it tumbled about 36 inches to the pavement and landed on flat on the screen side.
The battery door stayed closed which was good.
The finish on the cuboid held up pretty well considering but it's noticeable. No damage to the Cleito that was attached.
View attachment 38950 View attachment 38951
Mod works just fine.
Ironic how just last week I noticed that Fasttech had the silicone sleeves and ordered three, they shipped yesterday.
Is your screen protector plastic still on? I swear they use some type of magic to get it on, but they all had it when shipped. A lot of people with the Cuboid do not even realize it is there. If it is still there, you can probably peel it off an remove some of the marks.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is your screen protector plastic still on? I swear they use some type of magic to get it on, but they all had it when shipped. A lot of people with the Cuboid do not even realize it is there. If it is still there, you can probably peel it off an remove some of the marks.
Yeah, it's there. Once the silicone sleeve gets here I'll remove it. Thanks.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The limiter is pissing me off with my Grey Cuboid...anything above a .2 Ohm will fire to 200w but then under .2 it limits to a certain wattage, it varies depending on how low you go. I expected this device to fire atleast to 150w if over .1 Ohm but 87.5w at .14 is kind of weak....
I dont build much over .2 so this device doesnt seem great for me and the part that sucks is I have a black one ordered and its shipped already...
I wish Snow Wolf would release their V2 or update the V1.5 with the new TC's.....I never have a issue using the trusty SW200w

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not yet. I'm waiting on @africamonk to get bored of his and sell it to me :)
i need to receive it from USPS first! last movement was 5 days ago. :(
I don't think he will, the guy just sold his KBOX and bought 4 RTAS Gotta love the monk
might only take me a couple of days LOL
The limiter is pissing me off with my Grey Cuboid...anything above a .2 Ohm will fire to 200w but then under .2 it limits to a certain wattage, it varies depending on how low you go. I expected this device to fire atleast to 150w if over .1 Ohm but 87.5w at .14 is kind of weak....
I dont build much over .2 so this device doesnt seem great for me and the part that sucks is I have a black one ordered and its shipped already...
I wish Snow Wolf would release their V2 or update the V1.5 with the new TC's.....I never have a issue using the trusty SW200w
don't think the limits will affect me, and yes the snowwolf is my fav to date

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the Snow Wolf updatable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The limiter is a bummer for me as well. Other than the 25 amp limit I like it. I just build to where I need the wattage to be. You have probably discovered that you can take the ohm of your build and multiply it by 625 and that is your max watts for that build on your Cuboid. Maybe Joyetech will rethink the amp limit in the firmware and change it. Most high grade 18650's can pulse past 30 amps for short duration's with no problems. I wonder if there is something in the hardware design that is driving their decision on the 25 amp limit. The bypass mode that was on the VTC is gone in the Cuboid. Makes me think there may be something in the device they are worried about failing above 25 amps, besides the battery concern.

Last edited:

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
just thought to myself ... why didn't i just order another Cuboid with my tanks .... i'm so FKing stupid. :mad:

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Good to know about the limitations of this thing, saves me a lot of frustration by tempering my expectations. Looks like it going to be strictly an TC RTA pocket mod for me. No worries cause that's what I bought it for anyway. But it looks like I'm gonna have to carry my heavy ass RX around still for my just in case vapes lol

Lazy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The limiter is a bummer for me as well. Other than the 25 amp limit I like it. I just build to where I need the wattage to be. You have probably discovered that you can take the ohm of your build and multiply it by 625 and that is your max watts for that build on your Cuboid. Maybe Joyetech will rethink the amp limit in the firmware and change it. Most high grade 18650's can pulse past 30 amps for short duration's with no problems. I wonder if there is something in the hardware design that is driving their decision on the 25 amp limit. The bypass mode that was on the VTC is gone in the Cuboid. Makes the think there may be something in the device they are worried about failing above 25 amps, besides the battery concern.

I was wondering about that bypass mode cause a lot of ads say "bypass" included. You have the device so I believe what you say over the ads that I read.

Starting to regret buying this thing now. Wish I could cancel my order & get another RX instead its only 25 grams heavier lol not much of a difference for a pocket mod

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was wondering about that bypass mode cause a lot of ads say "bypass" included. You have the device so I believe what you say over the ads that I read.

Starting to regret buying this thing now. Wish I could cancel my order & get another RX instead its only 25 grams heavier lol not much of a difference for a pocket mod
i'll buy your unused Cuboid for a lowball price. :D

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to know about the limitations of this thing, saves me a lot of frustration by tempering my expectations. Looks like it going to be strictly an TC RTA pocket mod for me. No worries cause that's what I bought it for anyway. But it looks like I'm gonna have to carry my heavy ass RX around still for my just in case vapes lol
The only time it has become a factor for me, was playing with a build below .15, it can push a .15 build to 94 watts which is decent.. I am usually around .2, which gives me 125 watts max. For the price, I still like the MOD.

VU Sponsors