Become a Patron!

Have you/ Are you stocking up on your vape supplies?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have been stocking up for the last few years and hope that I am set on vaping supplies for many years to come.
Unfortunately I live in New York and bans have taken effect here- now the latest with UPS not acceptingVaping product packages to and from NY.
To ensure compliance with New York law, UPS no longer accepts for shipment any Vaping Product or accessories including devices to or from the State of New York, even if a Shipper or consignee is permitted to ship and receive Vaping Products under New York law. For the purpose of the New York prohibition, Vaping Products includes any and all noncombustible liquid or gel, regardless of the presence of nicotine, capable of being used with or for the consumption of nicotine and related accessories. To ship Vaping Products approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration to a consignee in New York, approved Vaping Product Shippers must receive prior written approval from UPS.

Also with Deeming Regulations to take effect in September- I just hope we are all prepared or preparing for all the bans that may affect all vapers and their supplies.

What are you stocking up on?

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Nicotine pg and vg is what I'm stocking. I have enough gear for a couple of us for life so I just need the essentials right now. Have a few years of mixing so far.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Since I don't DIY and stopped using nic in my juice almost a year ago- I took advantage of the many Ejuicesteals.com juice sales- many of these were .50cents to a $1.99 a bottle- my cabinet is fully stocked with all different kinds of eliquids, I hope many years worth.
Stocked up on my SauceLA favorites too during one of their sales and just before the eliquid ban took effect here in NY July 1st.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty near set, I think.
Mass got hit with the flavor ban last fall (with no warning) so in preparation for more BS I've been adding things here and there.
Plenty of mods on hand including a couple mechs. I can also make some if I ever need to. Built up a decent collection of mod parts over the past almost 11 years of vaping.
I have more RDA's than I could need but would like to pick up a few more single coil. (reminds me I should make WTB post)
As for nic, 2 more liters of 250mg should put me at around a 30 yr supply at my current rate of consumption. If I cut down from 4 to 2 mg, what I have now will last 30 yrs. That's not counting the 40+ bottles of Halo I have in the freezer.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a stock of more than 30 mech squonks (actually have one showing up today that has been in transit for three or four months now), an uncounted number of rdas (at least two or three of each that I like), a few thousand feet of my preferred wire, and more rayon than I'll ever need. For nic, I figure I should be good for the next 40ish years at 3mg, I have not crunched the numbers since I switched to 2mg. I keep only 1 gallon each of pg and vg on hand at any given time since it isn't going anywhere.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm all set on hardware for a while. I can alway use the Trading Post here, FB, or FT and 3Fif I have an itch to scratch there.

I did pick up a bottle of nic and flavorings before it went into effect. I see River Supply Co and Vaperstek won't ship to NY anymore. I was under the impression that it was a ban on flavored liquids but either I was wrong or everyone is covering their butts.

Luckily PG and VG are available via Amazon so I should be set for a while.

This expires after 90 days right? If the emails from my representatives are any indication I'm sure it will be renewed. If it weren't for my kids I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. NY has a lot to offer, but freedom is getting lower and lower on that list.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
All good here after planning to need to vape for another 40 years - figuring three of my four grandparents lived into their 90s

After stockpiling gear and diy supplies for years (even before regs were published in 2016) - I'm good for life except VG and flavors

Stopped actual stockpiling about a year and a half ago and have only bought a few things here and there that caught the eye

Did make an emergency purchase of a gallon of VG after ED tripled the price when Covid hit, so I will be making an effort to stay a year or so ahead on VG on hand because you never know

At some point in the coming decades, I might need some wire and flavors and possibly cotton - dual purpose things that will not be effected by dumb laws (I hope, the world has gone nutz) Batteries, hope the 18650 sticks around

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I’m good. More mods(mech and regulated) to last several life times, rdas coming out my ears, flavoring for years, 6 gallons of vg(though I’m not worried about that), 4 liters of nic in the freezer. I could probably do a little more wire and cotton, but I’m not particularly worried about that either. The things I definitely could worry about are squonk bottles, o rings....stuff like that. But, like others have said, there’s always China.......

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm all set on hardware for a while. I can alway use the Trading Post here, FB, or FT and 3Fif I have an itch to scratch there.

I did pick up a bottle of nic and flavorings before it went into effect. I see River Supply Co and Vaperstek won't ship to NY anymore. I was under the impression that it was a ban on flavored liquids but either I was wrong or everyone is covering their butts.

Luckily PG and VG are available via Amazon so I should be set for a while.

This expires after 90 days right? If the emails from my representatives are any indication I'm sure it will be renewed. If it weren't for my kids I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. NY has a lot to offer, but freedom is getting lower and lower on that list.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I hadn’t heard that it will be under review in 90 days. In any event, if Deeming kicks in on schedule, we’re screwed anyways.

Yes, I thought it was for juice only, but I couldn’t buy anything “tobacco” related at a few DIY places. Flavors yes, but not flavorless base or 100mg nic.

I’d be out of here too, if I could. I never thought MY could be the worst place to live!!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Gear im ok on. Not the [HASH=239]#rs[/HASH] some have buta cabinet full. At 18mg juice im good for 12 to 15 years give or take. Vg and pg being food grade with other thsn vaping uses i am not overly worried about..same with flavorings. I use rayon wich is a beauty product. So i think im ok. Hopefully. Lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have more gear than I'll ever need, I hope, and about 12 years worth of nic in the freezer. Have a couple liters of pre-mixed base with nic already in it, a gallon of VG, and various bottles of PG around here and there. I could probably mix juice for five years or more with the flavors I've got onhand, if they didn't get too old to use.

And let's don't even talk about all the juice I already have mixed up. It would take me at least six or eight months to vape it all. Maybe as much as a year.

The wire I've got onhand will probably last at least five years. Prewrapped Clapton wire won't last nearly that long, but beggars can't be choosers. Round wire is fine. I have some reserve of cotton, but I'm not too proud to cannibalize a box of cotton balls from Walgreens if I have to. The rayon from Sally's isn't going anywhere, either, and that stuff is fine with me.

The thing I'm worried about is BATTERIES. A lot of mine are new, but some of them aren't, and the ones that aren't are probably four years old or better now. Might be worthwhile to buy a dozen batteries and keep them unopened at half charge.

Might be a good idea to order a 55-gallon drum full of Molinberry American Bubblegum, though..... ?

ETA: A'ight now. This ain't funny. I posted this, and before I could even get to Bull City to order my damn bubblegum, you folks went over there and BOUGHT EVERY BIT OF IT UP. I see. I see how it is. I'mma take my damn toys and go home. :kickbutt:

Last edited:

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Continuing to stock nic, I'm good now for 25 plus years, but received a liter last week and have another one coming. My state is ramping up for a permanent flavor ban (Mt.), And it looks like it may go through, including online sales if it copies the temporary ban we just went through. Considering how nic isn't being shipped to NY and Mass now, I may not have much longer myself. A very sick feeling it must be to realize you can't order just one more liter. Am very good on rdas, mech mods and reg mods, been slowly stocking for a long time. I'm amazed that we all have seen this coming for a long time, yet I keep seeing people on reddit who are just now finding out about PMTA and are freaking out.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I should have enough mods, RTAs, RTAs, sub tanks, coils, juice and odds and ends for many years to come.
I joined the forum in 2016 just as the FDA was coming out with Deeming Regulations and wanted to know how and what was the best gear to build my stock pile.
Many of us have been aware enough ,that we could see vaping as we know it come to an end and have tried to make sure that we have enough to get us thru many years.
Yes it amazes me the amount of people that are unaware or don't care about not being able to get their vape supply - until it is too late. Or some thought that they would stock pile closer to the PMTA date- well Covid-19 has hampered many from doing that with delayed shipping, shops shutting down, or people that are now out of work and can't afford to stock pile.

Last edited:

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're right on there SnapDragon. Think what gets me is the lack of curiosity alot of vapers show, and relying on the ding dongs at vape shops as their total source of information. I found these forums very early on, because I wanted to know all I could about vaping. But talking to the few vapers I ran into in the past about advocacy or pmta and all I got was deer-in-the-headlight looks. They didn't seem to be aware even of the tons of vids on the tube about vaping, how to diy, any of it. Just glad for myself I've been able to enjoy all of that and the enjoyment I've gotten by reading the posts of you fine people.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping salts at 4.5mg for some time and my plan is to start ramping down when I get home next month. I figure at 3mg I've got enough nic for 4.5 years. I think I'll get one more liter which will be 6 years. I really have wanted to stop vaping for the last 1.5 years and that will be my new goal.

I have plenty of PG and VG for at least 2 years. I'm not too worried about the ancillary products such as cotton, wire, flavors and batteries. I very well could be wrong, I'm just not worried about it. I've got enough RDAs and RDTAs for quite some time. I do need to pick up a couple of mechs next month, even though I've never used one I think it'll be smart to do so.

Just as an aside, my timing really sucks.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have a stock of more than 30 mech squonks (actually have one showing up today that has been in transit for three or four months now), an uncounted number of rdas (at least two or three of each that I like), a few thousand feet of my preferred wire, and more rayon than I'll ever need. For nic, I figure I should be good for the next 40ish years at 3mg, I have not crunched the numbers since I switched to 2mg. I keep only 1 gallon each of pg and vg on hand at any given time since it isn't going anywhere.
It's good to see you here my friend.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i'm in australia. So different but not better to your deeming situation

i have 9 years nicotine, am tapering down, and can DIY extract from the totally legal ( :sarcasm: ) tax free bulk tobacco i used to smoke

mods i have never stockpiled, but i do stockpile spare boards, 510s etc

PG/VG we used to buy from DIY soap companies before vaping was mainstream anyway. They still do and will continue to sell it :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i'm in australia. So different but not better to your deeming situation

i have 9 years nicotine, am tapering down, and can DIY extract from the totally legal ( :sarcasm: ) tax free bulk tobacco i used to smoke

mods i have never stockpiled, but i do stockpile spare boards, 510s etc

PG/VG we used to buy from DIY soap companies before vaping was mainstream anyway. They still do and will continue to sell it :)

Your post got me thinking about spare parts. I use regulated mods, Topsides, VT Inboxes, Battlestars and an Aegis Legend. What is that will crap out on these, the boards? Is it worth buying spare boards? I guess if I can't get new mods, it'll almost be a necessity. And before anyone says anything, I do know this is the beauty of mech mods, they can be fixed and go on forever. But I do like the mods I have very much.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your post got me thinking about spare parts. I use regulated mods, Topsides, VT Inboxes, Battlestars and an Aegis Legend. What is that will crap out on these, the boards? Is it worth buying spare boards? I guess if I can't get new mods, it'll almost be a necessity. And before anyone says anything, I do know this is the beauty of mech mods, they can be fixed and go on forever. But I do like the mods I have very much.
Board, 510, sometimes bottles are usually specific to the mod. Everything else will always be available like wire and battery contacts

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a shit ton of mechs and RDAs so I should be good to go there. I'm down to 2mg on my nic usage and could very well even cut it out all together. I have 1.5 liters of 100mg in the freezer so that should last a while. Everything else is multiple use like wire, cotton, batteries, flavoring, VG, and PG.

I got a email from one of my useless senators (they don't deserve a capital S) saying we can't have USPS ship vape stuff because of the children. That's BS since vape companies have to adult verify already. And teenagers being teenagers they will find a way anyway.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The things I definitely could worry about are squonk bottles, o rings....stuff like that.

This is also something I stockpiled - parts

Especially parts to rebuild mechs/squonkers

And - a piece of unsolicited advice to anyone late to the stockpiling game - the real weak link in vapocalypse is the atomizer, not the mods

Building a mod is fairly easy - atomizers, not so much

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been planning for the Vapeapoclypse since before the Deeming regs became final in 2016.
since it was originally scheduled to happen in 2017.
Have plenty of hardware for the rest of my life, including spare parts, squonk bottles, etc.
have nic for 30 years in the freezer and need to buy absolutely no consumables for at least 1 more year likely 2.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I sometimes think some vapers just don't take the bans that are happening in some States or the Deeming Regs that will affect everyone too seriously- yet
I have been stocking up for years hoping that I can vape for many years to come- and when I run out of supplies in say 5 years or so- what then? I just hope that I have been vaping long enough that I would never return to smoking cigarettes again. At least I know I tried.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sometimes think some vapers just don't take the bans that are happening in some States or the Deeming Regs that will affect everyone too seriously- yet
I have been stocking up for years hoping that I can vape for many years to come- and when I run out of supplies in say 5 years or so- what then? I just hope that I have been vaping long enough that I would never return to smoking cigarettes again. At least I know I tried.
Yep just wait for the roar of outrage when the deeming regs pretty much kills vaping in the US. Too late...

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Some just don't know what's going on. I've met a few that had no idea about the flavor ban in MA until they tried to buy juice in a local B&M.
I'm sure some are turning a blind eye to the situation. Some probably remember 2010-2011 when a judge stopped the FDA from seizing incoming vape gear and likely think that will happen again. It won't.
I still have original Joye 510 atty's and Boge carto's from stockpiling back then.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep Deeming will not get stopped. perhaps delayed a few more months due to Corona but I think not.
A key court case was just lost by pro vaping interests recently about the FDA having authority over vaping.

currently due to kick in in early September.
And considering the signature only for vape stuff bill, even china purchases will be an issue.
there will only be convenience stores selling the few vape products with pending PMTA applications after enforcement kicks in. I do not see how vape shops can remain open with only a few pod systems and cigalikes to sell.

afik NO vape products have been approved for sale yet.
Per the deeming regs vape products includes, mods, mods atomizers, coils, juice and anything specifically sold to be used in vaping.
Resistance wire, cotton, flavorings, etc can be sold if not promoted or labelled as for use in vaping,

US Youtube vape reviewers will go bust as well. How can they get free stuff or get paid to promote stuff that is illegal to be sold here?

Vape boards like this will wither as well as no advertising revenue.
why do you think Joe is promoting spin off boards and paying to replace ads?
Sad but how I see it coming down.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I want to go ahead and mention the elephant in the room. As far as I know, we've not discussed this yet, but it's something that's going to happen, and we might as well bring it into the light.

What are we going to do when someone we know here, who has been an online friend, runs out of something, can't buy it, and is freaking out because they don't want to go back to smoking?

I'm all for helping friends out, but what do you do in that case? When you've spent your own money, possibly money you really could have used for other things, to stock up for yourself, but they haven't or couldn't, and keeping them afloat more than just occasionally eats into the store of stuff you'd planned to use yourself?

Seeing as how I'm an old person already, I've had to try to be realistic about how long I think I will live, and my stocking-up has been geared with that length of time in mind. I haven't built up reserves beyond that, except for possibly a few mods and atomizers.

So. Maybe y'all hate me right now for saying all this, but you know you've thought about it.

What's everyone's take?

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to go ahead and mention the elephant in the room. As far as I know, we've not discussed this yet, but it's something that's going to happen, and we might as well bring it into the light.

What are we going to do when someone we know here, who has been an online friend, runs out of something, can't buy it, and is freaking out because they don't want to go back to smoking?

I'm all for helping friends out, but what do you do in that case? When you've spent your own money, possibly money you really could have used for other things, to stock up for yourself, but they haven't or couldn't, and keeping them afloat more than just occasionally eats into the store of stuff you'd planned to use yourself?

Seeing as how I'm an old person already, I've had to try to be realistic about how long I think I will live, and my stocking-up has been geared with that length of time in mind. I haven't built up reserves beyond that, except for possibly a few mods and atomizers.

So. Maybe y'all hate me right now for saying all this, but you know you've thought about it.

What's everyone's take?

Keep your paws off my nic! :xD:

Seriously though, I don't even know that I'll have enough on hand for myself if I live too long. lol
I've already decided that if nic becomes impossible to get I'll wean myself off of it. Mornings will be hardest as I usually vape 18mg with my coffee.

I think I'd be willing to part with some depending on my supply at that moment in time. I certainly wouldn't be sending out a liter though. lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

What's everyone's take?

Tough stuff when you have a generous personality :hug:

I used to give away hundreds of dollars of stuff a year on VU, and loved doing it - but had to discipline myself and realize that my circumstances had changed, and that sharing now meant taking away from my own well being and by extension, hurting my own family. Not gonna happen, no matter how sad the story

During all this, I also had to cut charitable giving and helping out family even, which was really tough

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Tough stuff when you have a generous personality :hug:

I used to give away hundreds of dollars of stuff a year on VU, and loved doing it - but had to discipline myself and realize that my circumstances had changed, and that sharing now meant taking away from my own well being and by extension, hurting my own family. Not gonna happen, no matter how sad the story

During all this, I also had to cut charitable giving and helping out family even, which was really tough

Family circumstances have taught me a lot of hard lessons. I really hate that I had to make that post. It makes me feel like a real shit. But I'd give away the farm if I don't keep a tight rein on myself, and I know it.

If I'd had the money over the last couple of years, I'd have stocked up more, because I KNOW that there are going to be people in a bad way. But I just haven't had it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What's everyone's take?
Ant and the grasshopper....

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Family circumstances have taught me a lot of hard lessons. I really hate that I had to make that post. It makes me feel like a real shit. But I'd give away the farm if I don't keep a tight rein on myself, and I know it.

If I'd had the money over the last couple of years, I'd have stocked up more, because I KNOW that there are going to be people in a bad way. But I just haven't had it.

No don't feel bad, my friend- I have been feeling the same way myself- and I know that we are both generous people.
Wish we could help everybody, but it is just not possible.
I have helped out in the past to PIF to people who needed it- great when we can do that- but I knew I could replenish my stock then, in the future I won't be able to buy any more supplies .
Now I can't be as generous as I was in the past - well at least for eliquid for now as I am in a ban state and before long all gear could be banned as well.
I am just hoping I have enough stash to see me through for a few more years.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It would b on a case by case basis. But overall id have to say you didn't prepare and i didn't prep to prolong others inevitable having to quit. Its harsh but i stocked up because i don't want to be in that position for a very long time

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

What's everyone's take?
Oof. Tough question.

I tend towards generosity, as well. I have, more or less, set myself up for being able to vape for the rest of my life. I’m also 100% sure I have extras, just in case someone needs something, especially mods. I’m not sure I would give something away(unless I knew this person well), at this point. Sell it for cheap? Sure.

Im planning on getting some more nic in the very near future, more for others than myself. I feel, once the bans really take hold, juice is gonna be hard to come by and people needing juice will increase. Black market, here we come.?

I’m definitely more concerned for newer vapers. They have no clue what’s about to happen and unless they stumble on to one of the forums, they’re screwed. People on the forums? Not quite so much sympathy. We’ve been talking about the regs for years. Unless you’re on a super strict budget(which people obviously are....but, I’m assuming you could afford cigs, yes?)you should’ve been stocking up this whole time....if it’s important to you. For a while, I saved whatever I would have spent on cigs and spent that on stocking up. Sounds harsh, but I don’t think many people are in the position to support a bunch of people who ignored the clarion calls to get ready for this.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have actually pretty much gone thru my vape stuff and piffed out the stuff I was not planning on keeping for my keeping on vaping effort. I have never sold any vape stuff. I am pretty sure that I would go back to smoking if i did not keep vaping.
Still have urges to light one up after 5.5 years....

Unless very close I choose me over someone who did not prep.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have more than enough hardware, but it still doesn't stop me buying more though.

I have about 2 liters of nic, would like more, but don't have freezer room for it, and wife wouldn't agree to buy another freezer, but I still vape premade juice, so not going through the nic fast, but when the hammer comes down, I will be able to keep myself going for a few years, probably longer as will just slowly lower my nic, till hopefully can go without.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's how I see this. As I've mentioned quite a few times, I started vaping in the UAE when everything was banned. Now this is a small country and it's relatively easy to control what goes on here. That's part of the reason it's the safest country I've ever been in. Yet, vaping was going on, nic and mods were getting in. Now the US is fucking huge. Think about it for a moment, people and vast amounts of drugs are brought into the country every year. There will be a grey or black market, you can bet your house on it. At first the price of things will be higher, but with competition comes lower prices and more availability. This is not going away. Just like I had to learn all by myself how to get it done, so will others in the US. But it will be done.

Finally, there is no reason to believe the laws on this will be be immutable. Laws change all the time. Some of us have enough for 5+ years, some even longer. I will not be surprised that in 5 years time it'll be legal. I also won't be surprised if it isn't. All we know for certain is that change occurs as surely as night follows the day. Just the other day I was thinking of getting more nic as I have enough for 4-5 years right now. Then I thought, fuck it, I've got enough, I'm done worrying about this shit. Honestly, the amount of effort, time and worrying I've put into this from the start has been a bit much. It's why I want to stop vaping, just get another pain in the ass thing out of my life. As much as I enjoy it, it is a pain in the ass at times. I've got other things for hobbies, I don't need vaping as one. Not everyone feels that way, but if we were all able to quit smoking, then I believe we're all able to quit vaping as well. Just my two cents.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tough one @nadalama. I'm stocked up enough for me, but not stocked up enough for someone else. We've known about deeming since 2016. No excuse there in my book. I'd hate to see someone go back to cigs, but I'd really hate to see me go back to cigs.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tough one @nadalama. I'm stocked up enough for me, but not stocked up enough for someone else. We've known about deeming since 2016. No excuse there in my book. I'd hate to see someone go back to cigs, but I'd really hate to see me go back to cigs.

Pretty much this. We saw this coming since the day I started vaping in 2012. Remember when they blocked ships with vape gear? I do.

I'm about set for life now. It's taken years to get to this point, but I'm there. I've been fully DIY on Building and Juice since 2012. Never got into the fancy coil stuff much, nor any pods or such shit. TEMco and AMZ give me all I really need. Yes, I love my VV Superfine MTL wire, but I'd manage just fine without it.

There are 15 mods in front of me now, every one I made builds for and juice for. Half are mechs and most are squonkers that require little maintenance and should last for decades with care. If I had to build my own mod, I could too. Stock up on 510 connectors kids...that WILL be a problem in the future.

I've gotten help from a lot of ppl over the years. So, I'll help ppl when/if I can, but I ain't putting myself in the hole doing so. I'm on a fixed income and just can't.

Think back in the day when ya ran out of the green things, mostly ya were SOL...might get some help, might not.

Yeah, not ashamed to say I got a vacuum-packed pack of Camels in the freezer too. Bases, covered.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be good to learn/re-learn how to do olde skool vapin' too.

Because this will last pretty much forever:

BQB6v0n.jpg

One of my most prized possessions: a #27 Moneypenny bought new from the now-deceased maker, Fsors.

With an AGA-T2+ Genisis atty. No fancy CNC'd parts in that mod, made with some skill from stuff from Lowes.

All it needs is a 18650, SS mesh and some wire. All of the Genisis atties I've ever owned, still work. ;-)
No, not spelling it wrong, that is how the inventor of the Genisis atty, Raidy, spelled it.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did make an emergency purchase of a gallon of VG after ED tripled the price when Covid hit, so I will be making an effort to stay a year or so ahead on VG on hand because you never know
People have called me nuts for stocking over 4 gallons at all times. I keep them in my basement in a storage bin. When I get down to my last 4, I order 4 more gallons. So at times, I have 8 gallons in my basement. I've never had trouble with it getting old, or tasting funny, or anything like that. I mix for three people so I like to keep sufficient base supplies.

I got VG from Essential Depot once. They emailed me just about every day. At some point they were talking about raising prices. I've been getting it from NicRiv ever since. I always spend over $50 so shipping has been free.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been collecting vaping gear since I started coming here pretty much. I have more than enough stuff. I don't need essentials so I just buy stuff I want to collect these days. Sometimes I think I need more, but I really don't. I'll still go nuts if I see an unbelievable sale though. I feel like I've been lucky to have had these last few years. I never believed in the "vapocalypse" but I still got all this shit anyways lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Might be good to learn/re-learn how to do olde skool vapin' too.

Because this will last pretty much forever:

BQB6v0n.jpg

One of my most prized possessions: a #27 Moneypenny bought new from the now-deceased maker, Fsors.

With an AGA-T2+ Genisis atty. No fancy CNC'd parts in that mod, made with some skill from stuff from Lowes.
Mimi
All it needs is a 18650, SS mesh and some wire. All of the Genisis atties I've ever owned, still work. ;-)
No, not spelling it wrong, that is how the inventor of the Genisis atty, Raidy, spelled it.

I definitely think it's a good idea for anyone who is experienced enough to have a few virtually indestructible tube mods or true mech boxes like the GV Athena. If they want to keep vaping indefinitely, that is.

Unfortunately I don't have any handmade, OOAK tube mods, though! That's cool!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People have called me nuts for stocking over 4 gallons at all times. I keep them in my basement in a storage bin. When I get down to my last 4, I order 4 more gallons. So at times, I have 8 gallons in my basement. I've never had trouble with it getting old, or tasting funny, or anything like that. I mix for three people so I like to keep sufficient base supplies.

I got VG from Essential Depot once. They emailed me just about every day. At some point they were talking about raising prices. I've been getting it from NicRiv ever since. I always spend over $50 so shipping has been free.
I have 4.5 gallons of 50/50 mix.
Used to get ED from amazon. they went wacko on prices so no more ED.

Used to keep it in the freezer till I started stocking up for for Covid apocalypse :)
Now just in basement in cardboard boxes.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I may very well have been one of those people to say why the heck you stockpiling that?

Boy did I have to change my tune after the covid gauging debacle

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's going to be mighty grim, watching everything unfold in the next couple of months in the States. It used to bother me, being the only vaper where I work, and not knowing any other vapers around here....the only vapers I ever saw was when I made an exceedingly rare visit to a local B&M. Still bothers me a bit, but at least I've been able to make my stocking up low key and quiet. Wife still smokes menthols, so I've had to lay up enough extra on the chance she'll turn to vaping one day. That includes extra jugs of pg and vg. Think we're going to see a dramatic shortage in nic and vg/pg very soon as it gets close to the deadline.
If you want a preview, look at the folks in South Africa. When their government went into lockdown, the ANC government decided in its wisdom to ban the sale of all alcohol, tobacco and by extension e liquid and liquid nicotine. People went crazy. As far as I know, they are still banned. It was sudden and even online sales were banned. Some people buying black market cigarettes found their smokes were stuffed with sawdust instead of tobacco once they got home. I understand if you were caught smoking in public, and you couldn't produce a receipt that you had bought them pre-ban, you would be fined or possibly hauled off. Same would apply to vapers. If you were well stocked, you were fine. But on a SA forum, I see many pleas from vapers to buy any extra juice or nic that might be out there, that they're almost out and desperate. Even meeting up to give or sell juice to someone is risky there. Totally tragic and assinine.
Are we now, soon, going to have to be a little more cautious where and when we vape in public, to prevent being hit on by freeloaders? I have no problem turning down strangers. I am going to be sad when we start seeing these online pleas for juice and nic. But as you all have already said, we've spent alot of effort to build our stashes when others didn't or wouldn't. And once we're cut off, we're cut off and can't replenish.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors