Become a Patron!
I have been using my Evic VTC Mini for 9 months now and have never had any issues up until this point. I have always used nickel coils but only had titanium left on hand so that is what I have in there now. Since I put in and primed my new coil it no longer allows me to use the temp control. I have to use it on the power setting which makes me nervous when using titanium. When I try to use temp control it immediately gives me the "temperature protection" error. I have tried just about everything I can think of! Adjusting the temp, changing the coil (yes I do unlock and relock the resistance every time). I also tried updated the software through Joyetech and it won't allow me to do it. The software doesn't recognize my device. I am completely out of options unless anyone has any more advice. Anything would be appreciated! I am not super knowledgeable about this things. I only know basics!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think that when you see "temperature protection" it is just saying it has hit the temperature limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that when you see "temperature protection" it is just saying it has hit the temperature limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it does this right off the bat. I have tried 200 all the way up to 600 and I still get that error.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes I always lock the resistance at room temp and I have set the TCR anywhere from 200 to 600 but always get the same message.
might be worth a try but are you aware of arctic fox?
it's a 3rd party firmware for the joyetech chip and it performs much better then the factory one especially for temp control.
https://github.com/maelstrom2001/ArcticFox

it has a bit of a learning curve but worth it IMO

VU Sponsors