Become a Patron!

Help with innokin kroma and tank compatability

Hello,

I've been using the Innokin Kroma 75W for a while now and the slipstream 2ml tank is just too small.
So I also got a Smok V8 Baby Stick. I tried using the TFV8 Baby Beast tank it came with on my kroma and I get a "shorted' message. Now I know it's not because of a dirty 510 connector since it's new and I've checked and have seen that it's very clean. The baby tank also works fine on the smok stick.
I'm wondering if it's because of the baby M2 coils it comes with. Will it work if I get one of the original baby beast coils? It's my understanding that the Kroma should work with any 510 threaded tank..
What could be the problem?

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello,

I've been using the Innokin Kroma 75W for a while now and the slipstream 2ml tank is just too small.
So I also got a Smok V8 Baby Stick. I tried using the TFV8 Baby Beast tank it came with on my kroma and I get a "shorted' message. Now I know it's not because of a dirty 510 connector since it's new and I've checked and have seen that it's very clean. The baby tank also works fine on the smok stick.
I'm wondering if it's because of the baby M2 coils it comes with. Will it work if I get one of the original baby beast coils? It's my understanding that the Kroma should work with any 510 threaded tank..
What could be the problem?
Yes, the kroma should work with all tanks. Unfortunately some tanks and nods don't play nice because of different depths with their respective 510 connectors.
Before you give up try the following.

1. Put a new coil in the baby beast. Don't juice it. Just put it on the mod and see if it can read the resistance. Jist a quick tap of the fire button is all you need to test. It's not uncommon for their to be a 1 or 2 bad coils in a 5 pack.
2. Try the baby beast on another mod. Than you can make sure it's not the tank.

Thanks for your reply. I think I got it figured out though. It looks like it may have been a calibration problem. I just threw on the tank on my kroma today and it seems to work fine all of a sudden. For some reason yesterday, the kroma was reading the coil at .01 something when in fact it should be a .15 coil. I don't know what may have caused that and I didn't change anything so it would be nice to know what to do if that were to happen again.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaning the 510 with a cue tip might help as it could be a bad connection bit unfortunately some mods just read way off. My nx100 reads my NautilusX at 2.20 an it's a 1.8 coil! Sometimes it just can't be fixed :(
I've had mods do ohm skipping too, my first alien was a bitch for it!

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for your reply. I think I got it figured out though. It looks like it may have been a calibration problem. I just threw on the tank on my kroma today and it seems to work fine all of a sudden. For some reason yesterday, the kroma was reading the coil at .01 something when in fact it should be a .15 coil. I don't know what may have caused that and I didn't change anything so it would be nice to know what to do if that were to happen again.
Awesome dude. Always be mindful of the basics.
* Clean you contacts on the coils, tank and mod.
* Make sure you screw the coils and atomizer hand tight.
* Make sure your mod reads the correct ohms of your tank. If not, remove the tank. Fire the mod so you get a no atomizer message. Reinstall the tank. Check the ohms reading and ENJOY!

VU Sponsors