Become a Patron!

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
i apologize as this is a repost from a different forum section but i am currently in the process of figuring out how to delete it.
Before anyone commits to the old adage, RTFM. I have, and while it covered the topic I am asking about it did not do it well...

I am waiting on my star but for now this is all i have and I have read that you can select with the c and v buttons respectively to select the charging limit.

I.e. 4.2 volt limit for 3.7v batteries, but I need a clearer step by step how to do so.

What way and in what order do i click these buttons to select 4.2 and the max charging voltage so it does not continue to 4.35 and destroy my batteries?

I clicked the c button over that slot and selected what I I thought was 4.2 but I'm not sure and it does not say what it should look like on the screen when selection is completed or anything. And I would really enjoy not destroying my batteries...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The nitecore charger should recognize their 4.2V and not overcharge.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The easy answer:
Unplug the charger from the wall, wait a few seconds, plug it back in. This will mean it's definitely in automatic mode, and it'll charge to 4.2 like it's supposed to.

The more complicated answer:
While the I2's automatic mode selects the right voltage, if you mess about with the buttons you can enter manual mode and set it to charge to a different voltage, including possibly 4.35V which is too high. As mentioned above you can just unplug the charger and it'll lose any manual settings so then you'll be fine if you don't want manual mode. Or if you really want to feel good about it or you want to be an expert on how to use the very confusing new I2 you can check/change the settings by doing the following:
1) Put a battery in
2) Press the button over the bay that the battery's in (C if it's the left bay, V if it's the right). This sets it to manual settings mode. Note when I say "press the button" in these instructions it means just press it and immediately release it, don't hold it. Holding the button does different things.
3) It'll show one light next to 4.35V, 4.2V, or 3.7V, and possibly will show one light next to 1A at the top. The one light next to a voltage is what it's set to. You want 4.2 (or you can use 3.7 if you want to store a battery long term). If you just want to check it, and it's correct, then you can just press the button over the bay that the battery's in again and it will start charging and you're good to go. If you want to change it see below.
4) To change the setting, while it's still in manual settings mode (it shows the one light next to the voltage it's set to), hold the V button for a few seconds until the light starts moving. Let go of the button when it's next to the voltage you want. If you missed then you can hold the V button again and try again. Also note you can do the same while you're on this screen with holding the C button to change from 1A mode to 500mA mode if you feel like changing the charging speed manually. Once everything's set, then as above press the button above the bay the battery's in to go back to charging.

Note that the settings can be different for the two bays, so if you want to check the other bay, you'll need to put a battery in it too and repeat the above.

As always if you get lost and want to reset everything you did just unplug the charger from the wall for a few seconds.

Hope that helps.

VU Sponsors