Become a Patron!

How to open and separate my VG nic.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As the title states, I would like to know the proper way to open and separate my VG nic in the other amber bottles. I just placed an order this morning from VT and got 120ml of 100 nic to start. When my package arrives, I plan on putting 60ml in one bottle and another 45ml in another bottle and then the remaining 15ml you guessed it, in a 15ml bottle (for more immediate use and quicker to bring to room temp.)

#1. Will that extra 15ml of empty volume in the 2nd 60ml bottle deteriorate my nic due to the extra oxygen in the bottle even in the freezer? If so, how would you do it? I have 6-60ml bottles, 12-30ml and 12-15ml empties.

#2. How long to shake? Keeping in mind this is VG nic. I've never worked with nic at all and was originally going to go PG, but I tend to like higher VG. I'm going to be measuring by weight so I wasn't too concerned with thickness.

I'm very well informed about the dangers of handling nic especially in such high concentrates. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
#1 - yes, it will effect it. Although being in the freezer and VG based, oxidation will happen very slowly due to how thick the VG will get. Since you have extra bottles, that final 45ml could be tossed into one of your empty 30ml and 15ml bottles instead of having 45ml in a 60ml bottle with empty space. Me personally, I would (and have actually) sort all 120ml out into 8 of the 15ml bottles. Then can just take out one 15ml at a time to use until running out of nicotine. The rest of the bottles stay closed and in the freezer until needed.

#2. I've honestly never measured. lol. But, the nicotine can easily separate from the VG and settle on the top. Can result in some pretty strong hits if not mixed good. After warming up a 15ml bottle to use, could pour it into a 30ml bottle for easy shaking.

As for safety, when pouring it into bottles, use a small funnel and do it by a kitchen or bathroom sink for easy clean up in case of a spill. Pour it slowly, thick vg wontflow fast through a small funnel and can easily overflow the bottle if your not watching closely when it gets near the top.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
#1 - yes, it will effect it. Although being in the freezer and VG based, oxidation will happen very slowly due to how thick the VG will get. Since you have extra bottles, that final 45ml could be tossed into one of your empty 30ml and 15ml bottles instead of having 45ml in a 60ml bottle with empty space. Me personally, I would sort all 120ml out into 8 of the 15ml bottles. Then can just take out one 15ml at a time to use until running out of nicotine.

#2. I've honestly never measured. lol. But, the nicotine can easily separate from the VG and settle on the top. Can result in some pretty strong hits if not mixed good. After warming up a 15ml bottle to use, could pour it into a 30ml bottle for easy shaking.

As for safety, when pouring it into bottles, use a small funnel and do it by a kitchen or bathroom sink for easy clean up in case of a spill. Pour it slowly, thick vg wontflow fast through a small funnel and can easily overflow the bottle if your not watching closely when it gets near the top.

Damnit, I knew I should've ordered more 15ml bottles! That's probably the best idea. I may just put 60ml in one bottle and 15ml in another 4. Once I'm done with those 4, just refill them all from the 60ml all at once. Thank you.

I did order some funnels with my scale and some condiment bottles to store my PG/VG. I do have a box of gloves. I'm not sure they're nitrile, but they're thick, flexible and better than nothing.

I'm more concerned with the shaking of the initial bottle from VT before I portion it out. I want as consistent nic as possible because have read some horror stories when it comes to it not being shaken enough and some batches being much stronger than others. I use 6mg nic atm so I don't want to up my intake of nic if I can control it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm more for rolling the bottle of nicotine base (like you do with insulin), rather than shaking, especially when there's more space in the bottle. Shaking the nicotine base will put more oxygen in the nicotine. The only time, I do shake and roll the nicotine base, is before I'm splitting up the nicotine base into smaller bottles.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before you go to all that trouble, figure out how long 120ml will last you. VG nic does need a good rolling to mix properly, but it may not be worth splitting it up into smaller bottles depending on how long you think it will last - it may be that the fridge is good enough, and just take out 30 mls at a time.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Okay, so when I get my batch in from VT soon I should shake the bottle up for what? Apprx 5 mins? Then divi it up amongst the other bottles making sure to leave as least amount of oxygen in there as possible whilst still staying safe and not over flowing the bottle.. Then each bottle I end up using from there I want to roll it around (for how long apprx?) before using. Make give it a light shake (I wouldn't even call it a shake) to minimize it becoming oxygenated.

I may take Amanda's idea, the only concern is whenever I take more out I'm exposing the nic to more and more oxy as it gets lower. I think I may be overthinking this a bit. Better safe than sorry though. That stuff isn't exactly "cheap" either when you factor in shipping. And also, fridge or freezer? No kids here.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I buy a liter I break it up into 120ml glass bottles and store in the freezer. I buy my nic in PG, because I vape 3mg and rarely go over 8% flavoring, so I can still get 90% VG (although I generally make 85% VG).

I haven't worked with VG based nic, but I do know it needs careful mixing to avoid hot spots. But you should take advice from someone who uses VG based nic for best mixing advice:D

I store what I won't use for a few months in the freezer in brown glass bottles as full as I can get them, and I keep my working nic in the fridge (probably around 120ml).

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I buy a liter I break it up into 120ml glass bottles and store in the freezer. I buy my nic in PG, because I vape 3mg and rarely go over 8% flavoring, so I can still get 90% VG (although I generally make 85% VG).

I haven't worked with VG based nic, but I do know it needs careful mixing to avoid hot spots. But you should take advice from someone who uses VG based nic for best mixing advice:D

I store what I won't use for a few months in the freezer in brown glass bottles as full as I can get them, and I keep my working nic in the fridge (probably around 120ml).

Perfect. Thank you! Ugh I've spent the last 2 hours (and countless hours last night) trying to perfect my first flavor order. I don't know what brands I like yet because I've only tried a few... I'm searching on various sites and found a list of DIY clones that were ranked best of 2015 so I'm starting from there. Going off what recipes I think I'd like best. My cart is upwards of $100 now in 10ml bottles and some 30ml. Yikes!!!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried maybe move this over to the DIY forum as it pertains more to us and some more discussion may help other new DIYers?

Perfect. Thank you! Ugh I've spent the last 2 hours (and countless hours last night) trying to perfect my first flavor order. I don't know what brands I like yet because I've only tried a few... I'm searching on various sites and found a list of DIY clones that were ranked best of 2015 so I'm starting from there. Going off what recipes I think I'd like best. My cart is upwards of $100 now in 10ml bottles and some 30ml. Yikes!!!
$100??? Dude you're just getting started... lol Seriously though, once you get stocked up it will become just replacing what you use and the inevitable one flavor you're missing for a recipe that caught your eye. At least that's what I tell my wife... ;)o_O

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I get that. I'm a few hundred down already in my rig, accessories, coil building, commercial flavors, nic, glass bottles, scale, and other odds and ends.

I meant yikes to it being a fairly large order for my first flavor order (all samples basically) and my wallet to see what I will and will not like. I'm sure at least some amount of that order will be wasted due to me either not liking that particular flavor or never using it. I'm trying to buy as many flavors that either seem most popular, I feel I'd most enjoy and of course necessity flavorings for my particular taste.

I'm sure it goes without saying that it's ALOT harder than it looks. Personally this has been the most difficult part for DIY for me. Too many choices and too many brands. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Variety is the spice of life, right?

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm more for rolling the bottle of nicotine base (like you do with insulin), rather than shaking, especially when there's more space in the bottle. Shaking the nicotine base will put more oxygen in the nicotine. The only time, I do shake and roll the nicotine base, is before I'm splitting up the nicotine base into smaller bottles.

I roll mine too, or flip end over end; as well as changing the sides that I'm flipping.

Seems to work well.

I don't bother rolling my insulin, judging from my 12 years of having Type 1; it hasn't affected it in the least. Same with keeping it in the fridge or outside of the fridge (unless in extreme temperatures).

But, for the nic it seems best to roll it.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I get that. I'm a few hundred down already in my rig, accessories, coil building, commercial flavors, nic, glass bottles, scale, and other odds and ends.

I meant yikes to it being a fairly large order for my first flavor order (all samples basically) and my wallet to see what I will and will not like. I'm sure at least some amount of that order will be wasted due to me either not liking that particular flavor or never using it. I'm trying to buy as many flavors that either seem most popular, I feel I'd most enjoy and of course necessity flavorings for my particular taste.

I'm sure it goes without saying that it's ALOT harder than it looks. Personally this has been the most difficult part for DIY for me. Too many choices and too many brands. Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Variety is the spice of life, right?

I just started too, I ordered some lowend jazz; but it ended up turning out really well.

I put in the third order, last night; to see if I can make better juice from a more reputable flavour maker.

Personally, I haven't found it to be too hard; but I have done months of research/reading, watching videos and what not. I also do a lot of DIY type stuff, and enjoy it immensely!

Have fun on your DIY juice journey man! And if yah got any flavours you don't end up using; send em to me! Hahaha, just kidding...but not really.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I roll mine too, or flip end over end; as well as changing the sides that I'm flipping.

Seems to work well.

I don't bother rolling my insulin, judging from my 12 years of having Type 1; it hasn't affected it in the least. Same with keeping it in the fridge or outside of the fridge (unless in extreme temperatures).

But, for the nic it seems best to roll it.
I learned about rolling the insulin, due to a cat we had that was diabetic, and my wife and I had to monitor the cat, taking blood samples, etc.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I learned about rolling the insulin, due to a cat we had that was diabetic, and my wife and I had to monitor the cat, taking blood samples, etc.

I'm glad that you guys took great care of your pet!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just started too, I ordered some lowend jazz; but it ended up turning out really well.

I put in the third order, last night; to see if I can make better juice from a more reputable flavour maker.

Personally, I haven't found it to be too hard; but I have done months of research/reading, watching videos and what not. I also do a lot of DIY type stuff, and enjoy it immensely!

Have fun on your DIY juice journey man! And if yah got any flavours you don't end up using; send em to me! Hahaha, just kidding...but not really.

Yeah I've been doing an unhealthy amount of researching/reading/how to videos that it's sickening. I've been out of work for almost 3 months now after a really bad highspeed roll over on the highway in Maine (I was the passenger.) Made it in the newspaper and everything;) Needless to say I've been going mad and vaping a lot of juice for a noob. Thankfully I'm going back to work next week and thank god for insurance.

As far as juices go, I'm always down for a good old trade!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I've been doing an unhealthy amount of researching/reading/how to videos that it's sickening. I've been out of work for almost 3 months now after a really bad highspeed roll over on the highway in Maine (I was the passenger.) Made it in the newspaper and everything;) Needless to say I've been going mad and vaping a lot of juice for a noob. Thankfully I'm going back to work next week and thank god for insurance.

As far as juices go, I'm always down for a good old trade!

Shit man, I just got laid off for last week and I'm going fuckin' stir crazy!

I vape all day/all night at 6mg, finally made some juice last night at 3mg; good shit.

I still have like $200 or so in store bought juice, that's been sitting idle for the last few days; hahahaha! Just tastes like sugary goop now!

I'm down to trade, if you don't mind shipping to Canada (if you're in the States); I don't mind shipping down there. Let me know!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm glad that you guys took great care of your pet!
It was hard getting the blood samples. They had to be taken from the ear (there's an artery at the edge around the ear), and the cat didn't like to be touched on it's ear. Now, every cat that we have is getting an ear rub (that they actually enjoy), in order to have less trouble in the future.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It was hard getting the blood samples. They had to be taken from the ear (there's an artery at the edge around the ear), and the cat didn't like to be touched on it's ear. Now, every cat that we have is getting an ear rub (that they actually enjoy), in order to have less trouble in the future.

Rubbin' the...

Nevermind.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh lord - I had a diabetic dog, and I used to take his blood from his inner lip! Luckily he just rolled over and never batted an eyelid, but those two insulin shots a day were a pain (again, I was lucky because he was easy) because of the timing!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Shit man, I just got laid off for last week and I'm going fuckin' stir crazy!

I vape all day/all night at 6mg, finally made some juice last night at 3mg; good shit.

I still have like $200 or so in store bought juice, that's been sitting idle for the last few days; hahahaha! Just tastes like sugary goop now!

I'm down to trade, if you don't mind shipping to Canada (if you're in the States); I don't mind shipping down there. Let me know!

Fa reaaalz, brah! I'm down as well. It may be a bit, not only do I have to wait for them to get here, but I have to actual use them and decide which are keepers and which are not... It's exactly like my spice rack, though. I have just about everything under the sun including Jamaican, Thai, and Indian spices. Some of which I use alot, and others I probably don't need until I want to make that ONE dish at total random and I don't have any and the stores are closed.

I can't wait til my juices get here cause I am vaping on some shitty Gummy Bear juice right now that I got for free from VaporDNA. I ran out of my favorite ADV's and haven't been able to get to the B&M to hold me over. I do have a bottle of Bad Drip's Bad Blood that I've been trying to steep longer cause I didn't care for it all that much. I may have to bust it back open. Right meow.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I spent like $1000.00 in my first year of vaping to get setup and was still missing many flavors.
Now I usually only spend 20-30 per month for new flavors & other supplies.
As long as I stay out of the mods & tanks threads, that is:eek:.

Fortunately as a Type 2 I've only had to deal with pills at least.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fa reaaalz, brah! I'm down as well. It may be a bit, not only do I have to wait for them to get here, but I have to actual use them and decide which are keepers and which are not... It's exactly like my spice rack, though. I have just about everything under the sun including Jamaican, Thai, and Indian spices. Some of which I use alot, and others I probably don't need until I want to make that ONE dish at total random and I don't have any and the stores are closed.

I can't wait til my juices get here cause I am vaping on some shitty Gummy Bear juice right now that I got for free from VaporDNA. I ran out of my favorite ADV's and haven't been able to get to the B&M to hold me over. I do have a bottle of Bad Drip's Bad Blood that I've been trying to steep longer cause I didn't care for it all that much. I may have to bust it back open. Right meow.

No worries man, just let me know! Hahaha, that's like my spice rack too. We have a bit of everything; some shit is used more than others.

Daaaang, sounds lame. What kind of flavour is the Bad Blood? I haven't heard of that one.

I think I spent like $1000.00 in my first year of vaping to get setup and was still missing many flavors.
Now I usually only spend 20-30 per month for new flavors & other supplies.
As long as I stay out of the mods & tanks threads, that is:eek:.

Fortunately as a Type 2 I've only had to deal with pills at least.

That's about where I'm at, in 2 months of vaping. Most of it, is in juices. My setup that I have now is like $200-$250 or so; I just got another mod that was custom made, cost me a pretty penny, but so worth it!

Unfortunately, our prices for flavourings and what not, is a couple bucks more. But nothing too outrageous, works out to being nearly the same with the dollar the way it is!

Lucky! Haha, well as lucky as a Diabetic can be; that's for sure! It's a pain in the ass, taking a shot 4-8 times a day (I eat a lot); but being a Type 1 for 12 years has made me pretty health conscious!

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah it was lame. For like an hour until I remembered I had some Cutwood Boss Reserve left (eh) and Rainbow Nuggets. Rainbow Nuggets is pretty damn good if you like Fruity Pebbles and Vanilla Ice Cream. 11:11

View attachment 39963 View attachment 39965

I FUCKIN' LOVE FRUITY PEBBLES, but they're not sold here in Canada; anymore!!!

I may have to order that one, or make a good clone!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yeaaaahhh mannnn! Not too sure if there are any good clones of it out there, but I'd definitely recommend giving it a try if you like the cereal. It really does taste like it. Like freakishly. I didn't care for it at first but after letting it air out a couple times and it naturally steeping over the course of a week and a half or so, I have to say it's really grown on me. VERY strong flavor, but good and description is spot on although I have some trouble detecting the vanilla ice cream.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

And I must say, I don't know what part of Canada you're from, but I really like your bitches in Montreal at least. St. Catherine's St. to be specific. It's been a long time since I've been (about 12 years or so) but man, the good times I'very had on that street...

Got into an actual fight with a solid 10 hooker once. Funny story. Was just kickin' back at the bar at 18 having some fuckin' Molson XXX after smoking some of the bombest headies and was taking some pictures on a disposbile camera (remember, this was 12 years ago) of my friends and I. Apparently some whore (literally a whore) got all pissed off because she was in the background of a couple of pictures and thought I was purposefully taking them of her (I wasn't, I would totally admit it if I was.) So she walks over and I'm drunk, stoned and oblivious and she snatches the camera out of my hands and runs out of the bar. My friends and I chase her as most of our trip is captured on this camera and I catch up to her and try and snatched it back. We're playing tug of war on the sidewalk when she elbows me and starts screaming what I could only assume to be just by the reaction of the people around me... "Rape." So I let go and she dashes for a taxi cab and I'm all like screw this bitch I'm getting that camera back. So once again here we are playing tug of war with it amongst many spectators and she's half way in the taxi (sitting down but the door isn't closed) and I'm pleading with the African French cab driver dude to not drive off and that she has stolen my property. She's screaming at him to go. I've never seen somebody more confused nor will I probably ever. Anyway, she lies down and gives me a nice swift kick to the balls in her stilettos. I instantly let go and yell "you hott BITCH!" as the taxi driver sped off.

Good times.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeaaaahhh mannnn! Not too sure if there are any good clones of it out there, but I'd definitely recommend giving it a try if you like the cereal. It really does taste like it. Like freakishly. I didn't care for it at first but after letting it air out a couple times and it naturally steeping over the course of a week and a half or so, I have to say it's really grown on me. VERY strong flavor, but good and description is spot on although I have some trouble detecting the vanilla ice cream.

I'll definitely give it a go some time and do what you recommend! If I can't have the cereal, at least I can have the vape! Man, I miss being a kid and having all them awesome cereals! Wonder why they're not sold here, anymore?

And I must say, I don't know what part of Canada you're from, but I really like your bitches in Montreal at least. St. Catherine's St. to be specific. It's been a long time since I've been (about 12 years or so) but man, the good times I'very had on that street...

Got into an actual fight with a solid 10 hooker once. Funny story. Was just kickin' back at the bar at 18 having some fuckin' Molson XXX after smoking some of the bombest headies and was taking some pictures on a disposbile camera (remember, this was 12 years ago) of my friends and I. Apparently some whore (literally a whore) got all pissed off because she was in the background of a couple of pictures and thought I was purposefully taking them of her (I wasn't, I would totally admit it if I was.) So she walks over and I'm drunk, stoned and oblivious and she snatches the camera out of my hands and runs out of the bar. My friends and I chase her as most of our trip is captured on this camera and I catch up to her and try and snatched it back. We're playing tug of war on the sidewalk when she elbows me and starts screaming what I could only assume to be just by the reaction of the people around me... "Rape." So I let go and she dashes for a taxi cab and I'm all like screw this bitch I'm getting that camera back. So once again here we are playing tug of war with it amongst many spectators and she's half way in the taxi (sitting down but the door isn't closed) and I'm pleading with the African French cab driver dude to not drive off and that she has stolen my property. She's screaming at him to go. I've never seen somebody more confused nor will I probably ever. Anyway, she lies down and gives me a nice swift kick to the balls in her stilettos. I instantly let go and yell "you hott BITCH!" as the taxi driver sped off.

Good times.

I'm from Manitoba. The French girls are hot, but you should check out Toronto's selection of vixens! GAWD DAMN SON!

Bahahaha! I got kicked in the chest, by a stripper once! My brother and I went to check out the Zanzabar (strip joint), on Yonge St. in Toronto. My brother decided to go get a lap dance, so he went downstairs with one of the strippers; I stayed up stairs, drinking my beer and talking to some asian stripper, who sat down next to me. About a half hour goes by and this stripper is dragging my brother up to my table and says "Is your friend half retarded or something?!". I'm like "Uhhh, well he's my brother and he may be a little stupid, but not half-retarded. Why?" "He went over his limit and doesn't have enough to pay me!", "Uhhh...ok? So what would you like me to do about it?".

She got mad, and stormed off.

We're laughing about it, I finish a beer and say "Alright, lets get outta here."

So as we're leaving, guess whose on stage now? That's right, the angry stripper.

So as we're walking in front of the stage, she like drops down and kicks me in the chest! And then she goes for my brother, but he ducked and avoided getting kicked.

So we left, getting a fierce and dirty look from the bouncer as we leave.

When we get outside, we were talking about the incident and laughing. My brother told me that the stripper let him finger her and shit, he said she stunk and that she let him do that for free (they're not supposed to do shit like that).

We had some pretty good adventures that night. Two young punks (19 and 18; I'm the older one) hitting up all sorts of people and places, down town Toronto. We met a lot of really cool people on and off the streets, I hooked up with a few chicks; that I met in a hookah bar (another good story) and my brother, Dad and I went to the Roger Waters concert later that week.

We also got conned by a taxi cart? Like the guys who pull a cart, around town; like a taxi. Can't remember what they or the carts are for. That guy almost got a severe beating.

Good times in Toronto, I highly suggest you check out the night life there some time!

VU Sponsors