Become a Patron!

Humour Mill - Smile a Day Challenge

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
InsanityCustodian.png

But hey $100+ per an 8-hour shift, and you'll likely find yourself only actually "working" 2 - 4 hours of that if you've ever been a worker in life, how can you refuse? The rest of the time, sit, nod, smile and pretend you're interested.

The dirt you move Monday is the dirt you move Friday, s'all just same dirt, different day, until even the days are the same. Cleaning is pretty much self-explanatory, "move dirt". You also move desks, tables, chairs, televisions, computers, file cabinets. Wipe down bathrooms with disinfectant, restock the paper / soap needs of restrooms, sweep & mop them. Take out trash. So much rocket science, you need degrees from NASA.

Been Marv, now Jeff, eventually I'll be Ben again, or maybe Becky, Freda, Joe, ... doesn't matter. "Hey you with the mop and mop bucket, we need you stat!"

It's something to do, honest pay and work to pay for that guy Bill. We keep getting his invoices in the mail. "You owe this much."

Sitting looking out at a squirrel today. Yee ha, such fun for a tired custodian.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At my Gabe's job, my "brother" Shawn come in. He was doing housewares. Had to put stuff together. As he was doing, he runs across a lamp having some kind of scent infused cardboard/styro thing in patterned fabric. "Smells good *he puts it up close to his face* Gawd, ugh, yuck. Well, it smells good until I put it in my face," he says. I nearly swallowed my rub of snuff from laughing so hard. Later on I walked over to him, spread my arms and gave him a hug. "Brother, that made my week." Told him, working in the schools, I've seen people become petty baboons the past two weeks. He grinned, "see why i'm not there?"

VU Sponsors