Become a Patron!

I dream of an easy vape experience.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If i'm ever bored at work, I catch myself looking at pod systems. I've been doing this for many many months now and somehow have fought off the urge to buy every time.

I constantly day dream about having a pod i just have to fill up maybe once a day. Buy pod, buy juice and go. If i'm lucky, find a good juice and stock up.

no building rbas
no wicking
no making juice

I just don't have to the time these days to mess around with those things and I dont find them appealing anymore.

On the flip side, I have so much money into the set ups i have now. Easily over $2000 in gear and probably about $1000 in DIY supplies. Hell I just restocked on nicotine. Not to mention I have other people that depend on me for juice.

Anyone else ever feel this way?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@DonBaldy just bought a Nord pod and he loves it. I have a Nord AIO and it’s pretty great, so I can imagine the Nord pod is as good, and way smaller.

He started a thread “I Cant Believe I’ve Come This Far” or something like that.

I feel you, though. I like just having a decent tank, plug n play coils and a reliable mod for everyday vaping.
I’ve only considered RDAs because I don’t want to smoke if Deeming hits the fan and there’s no gear out there.
Pods seem like an okay way to save on tanks and mods, for everyday use, during SHTF.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@DonBaldy just bought a Nord pod and he loves it. I have a Nord AIO and it’s pretty great, so I can imagine the Nord pod is as good, and way smaller.

He started a thread “I Cant Believe I’ve Come This Far” or something like that.

I feel you, though. I like just having a decent tank, plug n play coils and a reliable mod for everyday vaping.
I’ve only considered RDAs because I don’t want to smoke if Deeming hits the fan and there’s no gear out there.
Pods seem like an okay way to save on tanks and mods, for everyday use, during SHTF.
I've been looking at the nord 2 and then someone here on VU has the original nords for $12. Also been looking at the caliburn and koko.

I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Idk whats holding me back.

For months now i've been working on my house and 2 vehicles, plus regular maintenance, cleaning, etc. If i do get some free time, i'm so tired. I just wanna sit and do nothing.

sit down
realize i need to rewick
screw that, i'll deal with it
repeat for a few days lol

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
most people that vape are that way, so you are not "odd". but, the problem, perhaps, is the cost = the easier it is, the more costly.
i have a NORD, with the ceramic 1.4 coils. the coils last a good while. and if you want, you could get a small cloud out of it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If i'm ever bored at work, I catch myself looking at pod systems. I've been doing this for many many months now and somehow have fought off the urge to buy every time.

I constantly day dream about having a pod i just have to fill up maybe once a day. Buy pod, buy juice and go. If i'm lucky, find a good juice and stock up.

no building rbas
no wicking
no making juice

I just don't have to the time these days to mess around with those things and I dont find them appealing anymore.

On the flip side, I have so much money into the set ups i have now. Easily over $2000 in gear and probably about $1000 in DIY supplies. Hell I just restocked on nicotine. Not to mention I have other people that depend on me for juice.

Many, many times for quite awhile now. I just want to vape. However, a few months ago I got a Uwell Caliburn as it's pretty well reviewed. I put in one of my favorite juices and the flavor was a fraction of what it should be. I'm going to use them for traveling but that's about it. I have minimized the whole process about as much as I can think about. I mix once every two-three weeks, I have 9 mods set-up and I can go 3-4 days per flavor. Lately, I've been thinking about just stopping vaping. It would be nice to not do it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Many, many times for quite awhile now. I just want to vape. However, a few months ago I got a Uwell Caliburn as it's pretty well reviewed. I put in one of my favorite juices and the flavor was a fraction of what it should be. I'm going to use them for traveling but that's about it. I have minimized the whole process about as much as I can think about. I mix once every two-three weeks, I have 9 mods set-up and I can go 3-4 days per flavor. Lately, I've been thinking about just stopping vaping. It would be nice to not do it.
That's another thing about pods. Figuring out what juice percentage you're going to need. Another thing to deal with.

I have 5 tabs open right now and still havent bought anythign lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
An RDA on a decent mechanical box squonk mod does well enough for me. I don't feel there's anything in the way of just vaping. That doesn't mean I cannot see the point you're expressing of wanting something more convenient. It means that, for myself, I see no need of further convenience. If you do choose using a pod system try using one that isn't proprietary, and is refillable. That lets you keep control over the juice you vape instead of relying on a company, or some black market bio-hazard juice.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
are you looking to cut back, or just an less hassle vape ?
less hassle for sure. grab and go, small enough for my pockets

just read @DonBaldy thread and he has me leaning towards the nord 2 now. I found out the 0.4 mesh coils everyone loves are out of stock everywhere.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's another thing about pods. Figuring out what juice percentage you're going to need. Another thing to deal with.

I have read that I would need to up the % of the usual juice, but in my mind that would only be a situation specific thing I'd want to do. For example, when I travel in August I'll want a pod because it's going to be a very long trip with a layover. Other than that, I don't see the point.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I have found 50 to be way too much.
I'd go with the lower nic option.
25 mg/ml
If that's not enough you could always get stronger nic next time.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i would say the Nord 2 also. but the thing is with factory coils = availability
I just ordered the nord with the triple 0.6 coils. Now to see if I can tolerate factory coils

idk how long it takes eightvape to ship during these times buy maybe by the weekend i can test it out

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I sometimes, briefly, feel that way, until I try to MTL vape for more than 15 minutes, and then I want something with a little oomph to it.

The small iJoy Mercury AIO units that I have are tight MTL and I get frustrated with them before I can drive myself to work.

I haven't bought pods, I've bought AIOs. I have three iJoy Mercurys, a Smok Trinity Alpha, a Squid Squad, an Ohm Vapor AIO, an Aspire Plato, and an Aspire Mulus. My actual favorite of all of those is the Plato, but it is 'way out of production, so the practical choice for a portable device, for me, is the Mulus.

It's about the size of a deck of cards. I don't know? Is that too big to carry in a pocket? It can use Tigon or Nautilus coils, takes an 18650 battery, has type C USB charging, and with the Nautilus 2S 0.7 ohm coil produces great flavor and a decent amount of vapor. In my mind it's kind of the best of both worlds.

How big is a Billet Box? How are they using Kanger coils?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes, briefly, feel that way, until I try to MTL vape for more than 15 minutes, and then I want something with a little oomph to it.

The small iJoy Mercury AIO units that I have are tight MTL and I get frustrated with them before I can drive myself to work.

I haven't bought pods, I've bought AIOs. I have three iJoy Mercurys, a Smok Trinity Alpha, a Squid Squad, an Ohm Vapor AIO, an Aspire Plato, and an Aspire Mulus. My actual favorite of all of those is the Plato, but it is 'way out of production, so the practical choice for a portable device, for me, is the Mulus.

It's about the size of a deck of cards. I don't know? Is that too big to carry in a pocket? It can use Tigon or Nautilus coils, takes an 18650 battery, has type C USB charging, and with the Nautilus 2S 0.7 ohm coil produces great flavor and a decent amount of vapor. In my mind it's kind of the best of both worlds.

Its pretty small. About 2 inches wide and 1 inch thick, but its heavy.

I have a bridge that allows me to use nord coils in my billet but i'd rather carry a $20 nord in my pocket than a $300 billet box.

it's also a little more work to replace a coil in a billet. Not much, but it is.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

no building rbas
no wicking
no making juice

I feel this way sometimes, not a lot I would say, but sometimes. I keep a Nord around, it does the trick when I feel like doing nothing else. But what works better for me anyways, is the Nord bridge. Still get the love of having a Billet in my had, no hassles at all :) sooner more often than later though, the so-so vape makes me buckle down and build again :rolleyes:

DIY is a whole nother story for me. I do it because I can make some good mixes I personally like, and to "save" money. But I hate mixing. Nothing about it appeals to me, and find it to be a massive P.I.T.A. The time, the tediousness, the clean up, the mother :cuss2: I'm outta that flavor again. Just hate it.............. But yet I do it :facepalm:

Edit: Just read your post above, I get that as well ;)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I feel this way sometimes, not a lot I would say, but sometimes. I keep a Nord around, it does the trick when I feel like doing nothing else. But what works better for me anyways, is the Nord bridge. Still get the love of having a Billet in my had, no hassles at all :) sooner more often than later though, the so-so vape makes me buckle down and build again :rolleyes:

DIY is a whole nother story for me. I do it because I can make some good mixes I personally like, and to "save" money. But I hate mixing. Nothing about it appeals to me, and find it to be a massive P.I.T.A. The time, the tediousness, the clean up, the mother :cuss2: I'm outta that flavor again. Just hate it.............. But yet I do it :facepalm:

Edit: Just read your post above, I get that as well ;)
yup that's how I feel lol

Also the nord is just simpler. No temptation to buy tips, doors, plates, other bridges, screws, boros etc etc etc etc lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Basically, what i picture in my head is, i'm super tired and my vape tastes like butt. Oh i just need to toss in a new coil and i'm good to go.

instead of taking billet apart, cleaning everything, clean coil, wick, put back together.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Goddamn it, now I have to go look up AIO!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Basically, what i picture in my head is, i'm super tired and my vape tastes like butt. Oh i just need to toss in a new coil and i'm good to go.

instead of taking billet apart, cleaning everything, clean coil, wick, put back together.

What I do when this happens is set down the rig that tastes like butt, and pick up a different one. Save the maintenance until I feel like dealing with it.

I'm not as mobile as most people, though, so within reach right now I've got about 35 setups ready to go. I'm not about to run out of something to vape! lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you also change the % of flavoring? If so, by how much?

Switching from freebase nic to salts, I had to just about double the percent of flavors. And then I found out that salts make me sneeze. Can't stand 'em.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What I do when this happens is set down the rig that tastes like butt, and pick up a different one. Save the maintenance until I feel like dealing with it.

I'm not as mobile as most people, though, so within reach right now I've got about 35 setups ready to go. I'm not about to run out of something to vape! lol
haha! I normally only have one set up going at a time. To get 2 set ups going is double the work! Maybe i'm just lazy?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This was me a few months ago. I was tired of building so I threw an EUC coil in a BB, used it for a couple weeks, then said ok i need better flavor now lol
Unfortunately, have experienced what you have, that's where you will get with the Nord as well. Maybe not, hopefully I'm wrong :)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

This is why I keep other mtl rta's going. For me it's the 2019 Kayfun clones. Minutes to set up, 3 or 4 at the ready. Put em on a light single 18650 mod, very pocket friendly :)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah had them both at the same time
Well maybe you will be like me then. Like I said, I really like having the Nord around. Sometimes gets me through a day, sometimes almost a week of not messing with others. I also really hate paying for coils, but 99 cent 5 packs cured that :) bought 10 packs, should have bought more.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

no building rbas
no wicking
no making juice

I still make my juice, but I upped the nic from 3mg to 6mg and since my juice consumption just went down my supplies should last many years. I only make 30 ml at a time as where before it 240ml or more.

I simply got tired of the hobby side. That's not to say I won't get interested again some time in the future, but for now I'm happy with the grab n go. I'm happy with a 30 ml lasting a week or more.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also can't do salt nic. No matter the nic strength they make me cough horribly. My solution is just raise the percentage of nic in my normal DIY juice. IF I want a different flavor then an extra pod is damn cheap.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been looking at the nord 2 and then someone here on VU has the original nords for $12. Also been looking at the caliburn and koko.

I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Idk whats holding me back.

For months now i've been working on my house and 2 vehicles, plus regular maintenance, cleaning, etc. If i do get some free time, i'm so tired. I just wanna sit and do nothing.

sit down
realize i need to rewick
screw that, i'll deal with it
repeat for a few days lol
Nord 2 is the one I have. It's just a hair larger than the original Nord, but adjustable wattage to 40w. With the .4 mesh coil it's a nice restricted lung hit. I have yet to try the other coils as this one suits my vape style.

The 1500 mAh battery last me usually 2 days. Charge it at night while sleeping. IT does not work as a pass thru to vape while charging.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still make my juice, but I upped the nic from 3mg to 6mg and since my juice consumption just went down my supplies should last many years. I only make 30 ml at a time as where before it 240ml or more.

I simply got tired of the hobby side. That's not to say I won't get interested again some time in the future, but for now I'm happy with the grab n go. I'm happy with a 30 ml lasting a week or more.
i've been using 9mg in my mtl set ups. Will probably go with the same in the nord.

I don't think there's any way for me to get away from making juice. Maybe just go until i run out of nicotine or something. That'll be awhile.

But then i'm buying more flavors/VG/PG until i'm out of nic. there's no win lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also can't do salt nic. No matter the nic strength they make me cough horribly. My solution is just raise the percentage of nic in my normal DIY juice. IF I want a different flavor then an extra pod is damn cheap.
Same here with salts

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard about that with the caliburn while looking at those this morning.

If that happens to me, i'd probably just quit vaping. They win.

I have been 100% rebuildables and replaceable battery mods and DIY for over 4 years and am stocked for the rest of my life on everything except PG/VG and flavorings. Maybe some cotton in 10 years?
I am gonna keep on vapin.
I win.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i've been using 9mg in my mtl set ups. Will probably go with the same in the nord.

I don't think there's any way for me to get away from making juice. Maybe just go until i run out of nicotine or something. That'll be awhile.

But then i'm buying more flavors/VG/PG until i'm out of nic. there's no win lol
That's the beauty of only doing one flavor. I do have flavors to make others should I feel the need to switch it up and only making 30ml at a time means I'll have enough supplies for years since I'd stocked up for running 15 squonkers plus a few RTAs.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and my vaping Is very simplistic and non time consuming. I only use 2 different roundwire coils. I have been vaping Cromwells Custard exclusively for over 2 years now. Costs under $2/120 ml to make and I make 2 120 ml bottles in 15 min including cleanup.
Have only been vaping with 2 different attys for well over a year. Subtank Mini w RBA and Wasp Nano. And 3 different mods.

why make it all complicated? I mean I smoked the same cigs for most of 40 years....
I tired of the hobby aspect a while back. I do plan on making some stab wood mods and silver plating the hardware on some Coppervape mods though.
and have the Mosfets, AT tiny cpu's and such to make some switchfet modules.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the beauty of only doing one flavor. I do have flavors to make others should I feel the need to switch it up and only making 30ml at a time means I'll have enough supplies for years since I'd stocked up for running 15 squonkers plus a few RTAs.

Same here I think I still have close to 100 different flavors in the freezer.
But I have around a quart of Capella VCV1 and a pint of CAP VWC.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
f i'm ever bored at work, I catch myself looking at pod systems. I've been doing this for many many months now and somehow have fought off the urge to buy every time.

Between those damn deeming regs and the cost of factory coils/commercial juice keep me from ever going in that direction - no matter how onerous building and DIY get

Make your juice in much higher quantities, wean those dependent on you off your tittie and just settle on a couple of set ups you like best

That is what I've done since moving, I have three sets ups for daily use and have made juice only three times in the past year

Weaning myself off buying new gear constantly took over a year to really accomplish - while lust for new gear does exist, it's rarely irresistible

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Between those damn deeming regs and the cost of factory coils/commercial juice keep me from ever going in that direction - no matter how onerous building and DIY get

Make your juice in much higher quantities, wean those dependent on you off your tittie and just settle on a couple of set ups you like best

That is what I've done since moving, I have three sets ups for daily use and have made juice only three times in the past year

Weaning myself off buying new gear constantly took over a year to really accomplish - while lust for new gear does exist, it's rarely irresistible
Hi Lucy, long time no see!

We'll see how the nords do and go from there. I've been really good about not buying anything but this has been itching me for a long time. We'll see if it satisfies. I'm just tired of doing anything vape related. Want it as simple as possible.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Switching from freebase nic to salts, I had to just about double the percent of flavors. And then I found out that salts make me sneeze. Can't stand 'em.

Did you have to do that for all your devices or just for the pods?

The sneezing is an interesting side effect.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Did you have to do that for all your devices or just for the pods?

The sneezing is an interesting side effect.

I didn't have any pod devices at the time, so that was just for regular 6mg mixes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I go through this all the time. I got a Mico pod, it's ok. I only use it at work, for a stealth vape, though. I much prefer the flavor from RTAs, still. I just use the same juice that I use in all my other stuff.

I have bouts of not wanting to mix, but do it anyway, not wanting to re-wick or wrap a coil, but do it anyway. I just hate to spend money on prefab coils, including ones for the Mico. I've run into a bad batch of coils for them, so I always think about being done with it. I suppose we get tired of regular gear, pods, too. I don't have any desire to stop vaping right now, though.

You know those spells we go through, where nothing is striking our fancy? Might just be one of those. We find our happy place, then we get bored. Maybe your new pod will be great for you, maybe it'll take you back to your BB love.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go through this all the time. I got a Mico pod, it's ok. I only use it at work, for a stealth vape, though. I much prefer the from from RTAs, still. I just use the same juice that I use in all my o

I have bouts of not wanting to mix, but do it anyway, not wanting to re-wick or wrap a coil, but do it anyway. I just hate to spend money on prefab coils, including ones for the Mico. I've run into a bad batch of coils for them, so I always think about being done with it. I suppose we get tired of regular gear, pods, too. I don't have any desire to stop vaping right now, though.

You know those spells we go through, where nothing is striking our fancy? Might just be one of those. We find our happy place, then we get bored. Maybe your new pod will be great for you, maybe it'll take you back to your BB love.
All kinds of truth there for sure.

VU Sponsors