Become a Patron!

I dream of an easy vape experience.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes but it causes nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Better to eat carrots and peas... I had those for supper a few moments ago. :D

I’ve been doing a plant based diet for the last month and a half. I cheated and had Chinese food yesterday, but I’ll be sticking to this way of eating for a while.

Check out Forks Over Knives on Netflix or their website.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may be able to help you with squeeze bottles. Right before I closed the restaurant, I bought 6 squeeze bottles for oils, hollandaise and such. They’re brand new. I could send you a couple, if you like.

Appreciate the offer but I can just get some from Dollar Tree. :)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a tinkerer by nature, but I go through this at times. I find that my focus waxxes and wanes between acquiring gear, building atties, and mixing juice...
My current focus is on taking my mixes to the next level... I guess I don't have any good advice since there are so many aspects of the hobby side that keep me interested.
Just recently my Xeta needed a rewick and I just couldn't be bothered to do it so I dropped in an EUC Mini and am quite pleased with the flavor and vapor production. So I guess what I'm saying is that I understand where you're at. It requires a lot more effort than pulling a stick out and lighting it.
I'm currently trying to find something with the form factor of a Caliburn and rebuildable for my wife, who can't be assed with any of it aside from filling, charging, and vaping. Good thing she's got me around!
Good luck finding your vape nirvana!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think that the pandemic stress and lockdown is pushing people’s buttons. And that’s making us nervy and changing the way we would be under normal circumstances.

Add bans and Deeming into the mix, and it just makes it worse. I figure as long as we’re not smoking, we’re doing alright.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think that the pandemic stress and lockdown is pushing people’s buttons. And that’s making us nervy and changing the way we would be under normal circumstances.

Add bans and Deeming into the mix, and it just makes it worse. I figure as long as we’re not smoking, we’re doing alright.

You know the funny aspect of it?

We know it isn't smoking. That doesn't stop other folks coming up and asking, "hey, what flavor are you smoking, there?" I have had nurses and doctors alike who even know it's not smoking ask that. It doesn't matter perception wise, it is still seen as smoking. I no longer bother trying to correct people. I just tell them the flavor, might ask if they want to try a hit. They chuckle, "N'ah I smoke real 'adult' cigs not toy cigs." And again, I don't bother. Frankly, it's not worth the effort.

I'm not so effected by the lock down here. We cannot go dine in anywhere, and that's slightly inconvenient. Still we can do drive through, pick up, take out. Wearing masks isn't mandatory here. It probably ought to be. If it does go to that, I'll stay out of public. I'm not wearing mask and getting suffocated. And yes I know it's more for the sake of others.

That's fine and I understand it. I just prefer to not wear a mask. If I'm going to get sick, I get sick. As I mentioned before if someone wants to murder you and they're determined, no precaution you take can stop them. It's the same with getting sick.If it's going to happen, it'll happen best intentions and precautions be damned. And no, I'm not being pessimistic, jaded, cynical, I'm being realistic, practical. Life is like that. It doesn't need to be what we consider fair, yet life is fair.

Death comes for all of us, poor man, rich man, serf, King, it doesn't matter to death. Oh you're black? So what you'll die too. Oh, you're bisexual and white? Guess what, you'll die the same as the black lady. And I'm not being morbid because to me death is a natural and accepted part of life, living. We are born, our soul fills the form for a time, we die and wait to be reborn. We keep doing this process until it finishes our souls. We get an education or report to Nature, God if you want to call it that. Karma has no say in this either. Yes, karma exists and does weigh on us but it doesn't effect this live, die, rebirth process.

We flow with the unnamed like water. We have to accept there is always balance. Hm, well excuse me I need to go get something to eat. Probably hobble out and get some PB&J sammys.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Death comes for all of us, poor man, rich man, serf, King, it doesn't matter to death.

Reading this brought to mind one of the best passages I've read in my life.

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”

The Sheltering Sky, Paul Bowles

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reading this brought to mind one of the best passages I've read in my life.

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”

The Sheltering Sky, Paul Bowles

That's a rather beautiful expression. Can not recall if I ever read it before, or not. Still a nice one.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found this on YT. The old man is Paul Bowles, who was a truly fascinating man.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've found through the years that it's a good way to identify if a person is an optimist or a pessimist. Or a thinker, for that matter.

I aim for optimistic thinker most often. Though being a thinker a person comes to realism. Some consider realism harsh or pessimistic. I try keeping it in a neutral perspective , it will be what it will be. I don't write or say that attempting to appear smart. Know that some consider it a "dumb" expression actually. I think it succinctly expresses objective fact.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You know the funny aspect of it?

We know it isn't smoking. That doesn't stop other folks coming up and asking, "hey, what flavor are you smoking, there?" I have had nurses and doctors alike who even know it's not smoking ask that. It doesn't matter perception wise, it is still seen as smoking. I no longer bother trying to correct people. I just tell them the flavor, might ask if they want to try a hit. They chuckle, "N'ah I smoke real 'adult' cigs not toy cigs." And again, I don't bother. Frankly, it's not worth the effort.
Even if they do know that it's not smoking, they still insist on that the basic principles are the same, e.g. by elaborating that the only thing we should inhale is just clean air. Next, if you try to explain to them about the fact it's not about whether it is completely harmless, that nobody is claiming that that's what it is, that medicinal treatments (like hydroxychloroquine) can have harmful side effects too, and that it is all about harm reduction, they go on to tell you it should be made prescription only, for those who need it. Then finally, I tell them that fruit flavored or candy flavored alcohol is not prescription only. That usually shuts them up rather nicely.
I'm not so effected by the lock down here. We cannot go dine in anywhere, and that's slightly inconvenient. Still we can do drive through, pick up, take out. Wearing masks isn't mandatory here. It probably ought to be. If it does go to that, I'll stay out of public. I'm not wearing mask and getting suffocated. And yes I know it's more for the sake of others.

That's fine and I understand it. I just prefer to not wear a mask. If I'm going to get sick, I get sick. As I mentioned before if someone wants to murder you and they're determined, no precaution you take can stop them. It's the same with getting sick.If it's going to happen, it'll happen best intentions and precautions be damned. And no, I'm not being pessimistic, jaded, cynical, I'm being realistic, practical. Life is like that. It doesn't need to be what we consider fair, yet life is fair.
I disagree. Vaping is a prime example of a precaution that already does prove your fatalistic approach to Covid-19 is unrealistic and about being dismissive by cheating fairness. If you are taking a walk outside in the park where every person acts responsibly by correctly following rules of social distancing, then wearing a face mask is pure idiocy. In situations where social distancing can not always be guaranteed, and in confined indoor spaces where the number of people that are present, ventilation through the outside air, and the amount of time you spend inside the place become part of the equation, first and foremost you should consider going elsewhere if possible, as large groups of people bunching up close to each other is still a bad idea, but, if you do decide to take the added risk of you spreading the virus onto others that is engendered by bunching up, then the very least that you can do is be civil. So wear a fucking face mask, but wear it only where and when it does matter, like, if there's more than just a few people sitting on the bus with you. Because if you won't, I'll zap you when the security camera isn't looking. Capisce?
Death comes for all of us, poor man, rich man, serf, King, it doesn't matter to death. Oh you're black? So what you'll die too. Oh, you're bisexual and white? Guess what, you'll die the same as the black lady. And I'm not being morbid because to me death is a natural and accepted part of life, living. We are born, our soul fills the form for a time, we die and wait to be reborn. We keep doing this process until it finishes our souls. We get an education or report to Nature, God if you want to call it that. Karma has no say in this either. Yes, karma exists and does weigh on us but it doesn't effect this live, die, rebirth process.

We flow with the unnamed like water. We have to accept there is always balance. Hm, well excuse me I need to go get something to eat. Probably hobble out and get some PB&J sammys.
Balance? Right. Balance can wait till after I zapped you. Then I'll teach you balance.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So wear a fucking face mask, but wear it only where and when it does matter, like, if there's more than just a few people sitting on the bus with you. Because if you won't, I'll zap you when the security camera isn't looking. Capisce?

I could understand wearing one in situations like that and probably will. Though I might not if not doing so gets me zapped. Hm. :p:bliss::)

Balance? Right. Balance can wait till after I zapped you. Then I'll teach you balance.

Not quite sure how to perceive that. I might have to say f it at least once just to enjoy getting taught balance by you. Why? Well damn it if you're going to dare me over something, ... *chuckles*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So no milkshakes using this?
View attachment 163385
I hear it works.
View attachment 163386

Needs more cowbell.

bullseye-kids-ghillie-suit-woodland.jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I could understand wearing one in situations like that and probably will. Though I might not if not doing so gets me zapped. Hm. :p:bliss::)

Not quite sure how to perceive that. I might have to say f it at least once just to enjoy getting taught balance by you. Why? Well damn it if you're going to dare me over something, ... *chuckles*

Don’t be overly naughty, brother. :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I like that one. That'd be fun to wear in the bush and see how close I could get to some big roos. My luck though someone would think they had found our version of Big Foot (the Yowie) and shoot me. :D

Do they call them gillie suits in Oz?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A bit too flirty, imho. :giggle: At least the fella he was flirting with lives in Belgium. :phew:

All I can say is, it's a good thing you are watching out for him. Big bad trouble might find him, otherwise. :)

(That's a favorite phrase of mine, from all these years with young grandchildren. "Big bad trouble" is soooo descriptive, and effective, too. Your eyes just get big automatically when you say it!)

I woke up in goofball mode this morning. Y'all don't mind me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
All I can say is, it's a good thing you are watching out for him. Big bad trouble might find him, otherwise. :)

(That's a favorite phrase of mine, from all these years with young grandchildren. "Big bad trouble" is soooo descriptive, and effective, too. Your eyes just get big automatically when you say it!)

I woke up in goofball mode this morning. Y'all don't mind me.

I like you in a goofy mood! Big bad trouble sounds like what it says. :teehee: Hope your day stays good. :hug:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don’t be overly naughty, brother. :teehee:

He did seem like he was having 'way too much fun with that, didn't he? :teehee:

Me? Never! Muhaha!

A bit too flirty, imho. :giggle: At least the fella he was flirting with lives in Belgium. :phew:

Never know with me though. I might board a plane and go to Belgium just for giggles, then, forget I did once I return home.Figure I could go sit and enjoy a lager with a mate if nothing else. Even that would tickle me no end, just getting out to go have a drink with a friend. :)

Flirty? If @Carambrda, or anyone thinks I overstep boundaries, please do tell me directly but politely. I will ensure I do not err in such a manner again with anyone.

Yes, I know I flirt. A lot of that though I do in the spirit of good faith cutting up, joking around and nothing more is meant. Though in some cases, I might be expressing interest. But I don't try going out of line. Fun is fun though and I'd hope those knowing me would accept that. Again, if anyone feels I have overstepped, please let me know.

I do not desire making anyone feel uncomfortable.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Me? Never! Muhaha!

Never know with me though. I might board a plane and go to Belgium just for giggles, then, forget I did once I return home.Figure I could go sit and enjoy a lager with a mate if nothing else. Even that would tickle me no end, just getting out to go have a drink with a friend. :)

Flirty? If @Carambrda, or anyone thinks I overstep boundaries, please do tell me directly but politely. I will ensure I do not err in such a manner again with anyone.

Yes, I know I flirt. A lot of that though I do in the spirit of good faint cutting up, joking around and nothing more is meant. Though in some cases, I might be expressing interest. But I don't try going out of line. Fun is fun though and I'd hope those knowing me would accept that. Again, if anyone feels I have, please let me know.

Hey, we enjoy your flirtiness. It would be fun to go have a drink and a vape with some people here.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, we enjoy your flirtiness. It would be fun to go have a drink and a vape with some people here.

Yes indeed it'd be great to meet some of the awesome folks here, have a drink or tea, coffee, brunch. :)

I'm glad most seem to enjoy my flirtiness. My trouble is I can flirt with anyone of any gender, or even those who I call butterflies, the ones transitioning. I can, could, do enjoy the company of all kinds of people. My mom always got worried for me. I never knew any "strangers". Well, except possibly myself. *chuckles* Still, i don't want anyone uncomfortable with me, or from anything I put out here. I'm just not that kind of stranger or person. :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes indeed it'd be great to meet some of the awesome folks here, have a drink or tea, coffee, brunch. :)

I'm glad most seem to enjoy my flirtiness. My trouble is I can flirt with anyone of any gender, or even those who I call butterflies, the ones transitioning. I can, could, do enjoy the company of all kinds of people. My mom always got worried for me. I never knew any "strangers". Well, except possibly myself. *chuckles* Still, i don't want anyone uncomfortable with me, or from anything I put out here. I'm just not that kind of stranger or person. :)

Actually you’re very lovable, so I wouldn’t worry about making anyone uncomfortable.

I just read that we’re having a Full Moon, Solar Eclipse and Summer Solstice on the same day.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lol

crumb-zap-comix_550.jpg
Well, I do practice safety in that aspect of life. Yet, know I'm biologically sterile

Tsk, tsk, tsk ... imagine that would define "ride the lightning" a bit. Though 110 volt current would just be a buzz. My poor tooter though, puckering just to imagine. *chuckles* Again, love your intensity. That and your dark humor make you a fascinating personality. :)

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi! It’s going good! They’re all I’ve used for the last month or so. Using the 0.4 mesh coils.

Actually been thinking about selling some billets but haven’t brought myself to it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to hear, but probably wanna hold off on that a bit ;) of course, if you do, you know where to find me :p

VU Sponsors