Become a Patron!

I dream of an easy vape experience.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go through this all the time. I got a Mico pod, it's ok. I only use it at work, for a stealth vape, though. I much prefer the from from RTAs, still. I just use the same juice that I use in all my o

I have bouts of not wanting to mix, but do it anyway, not wanting to re-wick or wrap a coil, but do it anyway. I just hate to spend money on prefab coils, including ones for the Mico. I've run into a bad batch of coils for them, so I always think about being done with it. I suppose we get tired of regular gear, pods, too. I don't have any desire to stop vaping right now, though.

You know those spells we go through, where nothing is striking our fancy? Might just be one of those. We find our happy place, then we get bored. Maybe your new pod will be great for you, maybe it'll take you back to your BB love.
1ff48153a407f946cded16daecfed077.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never got quite so far down that I wanted to switch to a pod system. Blech! Hate pod systems and AIOs. So wasteful. But, I did get to a point, for a brief time, that I disliked building every frickin' day.

Enter mesh RTAs. I sit down during a free spot on the weekend and spend 15 minutes or so and build 3 setups. The mesh strips last weeks (or longer), provide decent clouds, and great flavor. I don't have to fuss with changing my nic or flavor levels, either. The Kylin M and Zeus x Mesh are virtually leak free. And the mesh coils are so efficient I can, if I want, run them on a tiny single 18650 box or tube. Or I can run them on a bigger box and only worry about swapping batteries once a day... or every other day if I'm running a triple 18650 or dual 2x700/26650 rig. Throw it on a honkin' quad cell monster, and I'm good for three days.

I now have a fleet of mesh RTAs (5 Profile Unity, 3 Kylin M, 1 Zeus X Mesh, 1 Doom, 3 Themis Mesh, 1 Taifun BT, 1 VV Mesh 24) perched atop a fleet dual 18650 mods - just my preference.

Problem solved... for me at least.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
been craving some sweet and fruity

edit: strawberry or blue raspberry maybe
I'm currently vaping PomBerry from Camelot E-Liquid's Fruit Stand line. Sweet and berry-licious. On a standard coil, it's a serious gunker. I've gone through at least 60ml in my mesh RTA, though, with no noticeable drop in performance. They also have a CranPearry if you want something with a little bit of a tart snap to it... still sweet, though...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been vaping Cromwells Custard exclusively for over 2 years now. Costs under $2/120 ml to make and I make 2 120 ml bottles in 15 min including cleanup.

I need a couple more empty 240. or 120 ml bottles. I got a 240 I put my "base" into but then mix tiny 10 ml or less bottle sizes. It works yes, but I think I'd probably like doing up a 120 ml bottle of my favorite peppermint cream to have "at the ready". Then, maybe another 120 ml for another flavor, not sure yet what. Hm, reckon I ought to go buy those bottles.

ETA: Erm or not, looks great to find bottles from an online vendor and get two for $2.00, until you look at at the &8.50 to $17.00 shipping costs. Nope, f**k that.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been looking at the nord 2 and then someone here on VU has the original nords for $12. Also been looking at the caliburn and koko.

I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Idk whats holding me back.

For months now i've been working on my house and 2 vehicles, plus regular maintenance, cleaning, etc. If i do get some free time, i'm so tired. I just wanna sit and do nothing.

sit down
realize i need to rewick
screw that, i'll deal with it
repeat for a few days lol

So get a Nord from that guy for $12, it’s the cheapest I’ve seen it. If you don’t like it, you haven’t spent that much.

As Don Baldy was saying about the Nord he’s using, it vapes as well as any RDA he’s used. Flavor and vapor wise. For taking a break and just having a simple device, that’s perfect.

Look, I’m not a pod vaper. I bought a Novo and I didn’t like it. But I was also trying to quit smoking at the time and I was miserable anyways, especially vaping 3mg juice!!

I may get a Nord from that guy just to try it. Although my gear is pretty low maintenance. I tried dripping and it was a pita for me. But that’s me. :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
most people that vape are that way, so you are not "odd". but, the problem, perhaps, is the cost = the easier it is, the more costly.
i have a NORD, with the ceramic 1.4 coils. the coils last a good while. and if you want, you could get a small cloud out of it.

That’s right, I forgot you bought one. You seem to like it, too. I know Don B was upset or surprised, but vaping is what rocks. No matter if it’s a pod or a mech or a sub tank, imho.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need a couple more empty 240. or 120 ml bottles. I got a 240 I put my "base" into but then mix tiny 10 ml or less bottle sizes. It works yes, but I think I'd probably like doing up a 120 ml bottle of my favorite peppermint cream to have "at the ready". Then, maybe another 120 ml for another flavor, not sure yet what. Hm, reckon I ought to go buy those bottles.
We use the condiment bottles from Walmart.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's another thing about pods. Figuring out what juice percentage you're going to need. Another thing to deal with.

I have 5 tabs open right now and still havent bought anythign lol

If you get a plus ohm tank like a Naut Mini, you can vape 35-50mg salts easy peasy with low wattage.

It’s what I do when I feel like something different. It’s easy and mixing 24 or 48mg salts is a snap. You can get less than 100mg salts for mixing.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So get a Nord from that guy for $12, it’s the cheapest I’ve seen it. If you don’t like it, you haven’t spent that much.

As Don Baldy was saying about the Nord he’s using, it vapes as well as any RDA he’s used. Flavor and vapor wise. For taking a break and just having a simple device, that’s perfect.

Look, I’m not a pod vaper. I bought a Novo and I didn’t like it. But I was also trying to quit smoking at the time and I was miserable anyways, especially vaping 3mg juice!!

I may get a Nord from that guy just to try it. Although my gear is pretty low maintenance. I tried dripping and it was a pita for me. But that’s me. :giggle:
I ended up going all in haha. Got 3 nord 2's and 3 packs of the 0.6 triple coils.

When i started vaping about 6-7 years ago, I had a lot more time on my hands and loved doing vape related things.

For the past couple years, this hasn't been the case. I now have family, house, 2 vehicles and am working stupid hours thanks to Covid. I know i'm not the only one that feels this way or why I even made this thread? One of the biggest reasons people quit vaping and go back to smokes is because vaping can be a hassle sometimes.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically, what i picture in my head is, i'm super tired and my vape tastes like butt. Oh i just need to toss in a new coil and i'm good to go.

instead of taking billet apart, cleaning everything, clean coil, wick, put back together.

In the morning, for my wake and vape, I’ll usually reach for one of my AIOs. The amount of vapor I get is good, and for some reason I like it better than my regular mods.

Yes, just changing a plug n play coil is easy! If it was down to not vaping or building, I’d gladly use RDAs. But I’m not thrilled to bits to use them if I’ve got alternatives.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What I do when this happens is set down the rig that tastes like butt, and pick up a different one. Save the maintenance until I feel like dealing with it.

I'm not as mobile as most people, though, so within reach right now I've got about 35 setups ready to go. I'm not about to run out of something to vape! lol

:hug::hug::hug:: Nada, you rock!!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I also can't do salt nic. No matter the nic strength they make me cough horribly. My solution is just raise the percentage of nic in my normal DIY juice. IF I want a different flavor then an extra pod is damn cheap.

Yay, I tagged you and I hoped you’d show up. Miss you. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Between those damn deeming regs and the cost of factory coils/commercial juice keep me from ever going in that direction - no matter how onerous building and DIY get

Make your juice in much higher quantities, wean those dependent on you off your tittie and just settle on a couple of set ups you like best

That is what I've done since moving, I have three sets ups for daily use and have made juice only three times in the past year

Weaning myself off buying new gear constantly took over a year to really accomplish - while lust for new gear does exist, it's rarely irresistible

Wow, you cured yourself of shinyitis!! I’m impressed and happy for you. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I ended up going all in haha. Got 3 nord 2's and 3 packs of the 0.6 triple coils.

When i started vaping about 6-7 years ago, I had a lot more time on my hands and loved doing vape related things.

For the past couple years, this hasn't been the case. I now have family, house, 2 vehicles and am working stupid hours thanks to Covid. I know i'm not the only one that feels this way or why I even made this thread? One of the biggest reasons people quit vaping and go back to smokes is because vaping can be a hassle sometimes.

And now with Covid, everyone is under pressure. Vaping is a hassle basically, compared to lighting up. But when I remember how hard I had the first few weeks of quitting, when my juice mg was too low and I was freaking out, I know I don’t ever want to smoke again.

You’ll always have your rebuilding gear. But now if you’re working a lot and feeling really stressed, there’s nothing wrong with trying something super easy! There’s a reason people were not smoking with pods. It’s more effortless than “advanced” vaping gear.

Sheesh, if you’ve been vaping and building and mixing for years in end, you’ve got nothing to prove to anyone, anyways. You paid your dues. Now just do what feels right. These are very strange times. Don’t stress it more than you have to. :hug::hug:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And now with Covid, everyone is under pressure. Vaping is a hassle basically, compared to lighting up. But when I remember how hard I had the first few weeks of quitting, when my juice mg was too low and I was freaking out, I know I don’t ever want to smoke again.

You’ll always have your rebuilding gear. But now if you’re working a lot and feeling really stressed, there’s nothing wrong with trying something super easy! There’s a reason people were not smoking with pods. It’s more effortless than “advanced” vaping gear.

Sheesh, if you’ve been vaping and building and mixing for years in end, you’ve got nothing to prove to anyone, anyways. You paid your dues. Now just do what feels right. These are very strange times. Don’t stress it more than you have to. :hug::hug:
Thanks :) I'll try. As long as the flavor is good, i'll be happy

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

ETA: Erm or not, looks great to find bottles from an online vendor and get two for $2.00, until you look at at the &8.50 to $17.00 shipping costs. Nope, f**k that.
I may be able to help you with squeeze bottles. Right before I closed the restaurant, I bought 6 squeeze bottles for oils, hollandaise and such. They’re brand new. I could send you a couple, if you like.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I may be able to help you with squeeze bottles. Right before I closed the restaurant, I bought 6 squeeze bottles for oils, hollandaise and such. They’re brand new. I could send you a couple, if you like.

AJ gave me a good tip. We’re both using pre mixed base. So he told me to take the cap from the LB Kings Custard 60ml bottle and screw it on the nic bottle. I’m not sure if other 60ml flavor bottles work, but the ones by Wayne for LB are great for that!

Edit: for getting nic out of a bottle.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Gypsy, you are such a good person. You help out so much.
giphy.gif

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can’t say I’m where you’re at. I love the fiddling, tweaking, recipe creation, etc...

My armada of set ups include pods, plug and vape, rdas, squonks. I love them all for different reasons. I still rock an OG Crown when I’m tired or too lazy to fuss with anything more. I used the pod when I was on the line at the restaurant(light and easy to steal a puff when slinging hash). My chill at home mods use rdas and are too heavy to be in a pocket.

I can see the appeal of a pod/AIO type thing. Small, easy to use. But as Lucy said, my concern is deeming and what’s going to happen after that. It’s going to be more than difficult to get what you need.....enter waiting a month or more to get what you want from China.....if you get it at all.

The only piece of advice I can give you is when mixing for pods, bump up the flavoring and keep it simple. But you probably already know that.

I have a Nord. It’s not terrible. I just keep fruity or tobacco mixes in it and it does fine.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can’t say I’m where you’re at. I love the fiddling, tweaking, recipe creation, etc...

My armada of set ups include pods, plug and vape, rdas, squonks. I love them all for different reasons. I still rock an OG Crown when I’m tired or too lazy to fuss with anything more. I used the pod when I was on the line at the restaurant(light and easy to steal a puff when slinging hash). My chill at home mods use rdas and are too heavy to be in a pocket.

I can see the appeal of a pod/AIO type thing. Small, easy to use. But as Lucy said, my concern is deeming and what’s going to happen after that. It’s going to be more than difficult to get what you need.....enter waiting a month or more to get what you want from China.....if you get it at all.

The only piece of advice I can give you is when mixing for pods, bump up the flavoring and keep it simple. But you probably already know that.

I have a Nord. It’s not terrible. I just keep fruity or tobacco mixes in it and it does fine.
What ratio you mix for your nord? I was going to do 40pg/60vg. That's what i do in my billet rbas.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What ratio you mix for your nord? I was going to do 40pg/60vg. That's what i do in my billet rbas.
Yup. 40/60. Works perfectly. The higher PG carries the flavor a bit more.....which is key, besides the keep it simple part.

That’s why I thought that juice you posted the other day might be only one flavor. Pods don’t do complicated profiles well. They’re getting better, but still not quite there.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup. 40/60. Works perfectly. The higher PG carries the flavor a bit more.....which is key, besides the keep it simple part.

That’s why I thought that juice you posted the other day might be only one flavor. Pods don’t do complicated profiles well. They’re getting better, but still not quite there.
I got that berry crunch delivered monday and still havent touched it. Yesterday I stood in front of my mixing stuff for a couple minutes, then thought, nah not today lol. Sums up this thread lol

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using the same juice in the Nord as I did in my squonks and RDAs, but it has been adapted to increase nic and VG/PG adjusted from max VG to 60/40. It's also a simple 4 flavor recipe so it tastes the same to me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got that berry crunch delivered monday and still havent touched it. Yesterday I stood in front of my mixing stuff for a couple minutes, then thought, nah not today lol. Sums up this thread lol

I think everyone on VU is getting weird like that about stuff, though. I’ve had to push myself to mix lately. And I don’t do anything complicated and it takes me like five minutes.

It seems like lockdown stress has been high, and our vaping is being affected.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If i'm ever bored at work, I catch myself looking at pod systems. I've been doing this for many many months now and somehow have fought off the urge to buy every time.

I constantly day dream about having a pod i just have to fill up maybe once a day. Buy pod, buy juice and go. If i'm lucky, find a good juice and stock up.

no building rbas
no wicking
no making juice

I just don't have to the time these days to mess around with those things and I dont find them appealing anymore.

On the flip side, I have so much money into the set ups i have now. Easily over $2000 in gear and probably about $1000 in DIY supplies. Hell I just restocked on nicotine. Not to mention I have other people that depend on me for juice.

Anyone else ever feel this way?
I mix for three people and that's enough. I've had people ask me to sell them some but I try to decline.

As far as pods, most of the pod mods I've tried have tasted like plastic. There's something about the airflow stream going across the internal plastic that distorts the flavor. It could be coming from inside the mods internals as well. I've had some trouble with smaller pods too but for the most part I can enjoy those. The Novo 2 and Caliburn are what I use in that area.

Some of these pod mods can hold an 18650. When their that size I'd much rather use a Swag or Pico styled device for a compact setup. Regular tanks blow away that plastic tasting shit.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mix for three people and that's enough. I've had people ask me to sell them some but I try to decline.

As far as pods, most of the pod mods I've tried have tasted like plastic. There's something about the airflow stream going across the internal plastic that distorts the flavor. It could be coming from inside the mods internals as well. I've had some trouble with smaller pods too but for the most part I can enjoy those. The Novo 2 and Caliburn are what I use in that area.

Some of these pod mods can hold an 18650. When their that size I'd much rather use a Swag or Pico styled device for a compact setup. Regular tanks blow away that plastic tasting shit.

Have the Novo 2 or Caliburn tasted plastic-y, though? I had the first Novo and it was really apparent. I haven’t tried any others.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Why fly across the Atlantic when you can just go stand somewhere in Queens and inhale some second-hand from @bx10r?

Leprosy is leprosy.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so within reach right now I've got about 35 setups ready to go. I'm not about to run out of something to vape! lol
Same here. I have about a dozen going at all times. Any one of them can get benched at any time. There's always something on deck ready to take its place. I don't think it takes long to set up a rebuildable or rewick it. But I use a bit of everything not just RTAs/RDAs. I need a variety of flavors going on. Not just that though, different styles of the way they perform across different power ranges. Yeah, I'm big on variety.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it's any consolence, peas also come in pods... peas are a lot easier to use if you can just toss 'em out of a plastic bag that you only have to go take out of the freezer, though. :giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have the Novo 2 or Caliburn tasted plastic-y, though? I had the first Novo and it was really apparent. I haven’t tried any others.
Nope, they're pretty clean tasting. Both are pretty good first gen pods.

I took my first Novo apart and scraped all of that adhesive stuff out. It reeked. After that the flavor improved a lot. It was barely detectable.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope, they're pretty clean tasting. Both are pretty good first gen pods.

I took my first Novo apart and scraped all of that adhesive stuff out. It reeked. After that the flavor improved a lot. It was barely detectable.

I didn’t get that far with my Novo. I tried it once and got turned off. Then I threw it in my purse and lost it somehow! I wasn’t really upset.

VU Sponsors