Become a Patron!

I started vaping again

I started vaping again as I'm a heavy smoker I use a mi-pod I also use nic salt which is 20mg and I thinks it's 50/50 when I'm using a vape I got staomach cramps coughs and feel dehydrated also constant diarrhoea everyday do I I solve this I've tried different vg/Pg and different makes but nothing seems to work any suggestions I do use it regulary as I am a heavy smoker any help please

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Possibly too much nic. Have you tried lowering it?

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are you just vaping? Or still smoking aling with vaping?

Possibly too much nic. Have you tried lowering it?
Hi yes I've tried this but it makes me feel like I'm not getting enough nicotine and I feel tired or drousy sorry not being to explainary but came back to vaping and just not very knowledgeable about it

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I coughed for weeks after my last cigg when i vaped. I wanted to blow clouds and it just hurt to do so. Took 3(ish) weeks to rebound from 25 years of chain smoking. Then vaping was painless n fun.

I coughed for weeks after my last cigg when i vaped. I wanted to blow clouds and it just hurt to do so. Took 3(ish) weeks to rebound from 25 years of chain smoking. Then vaping was painless n fun.
Thanks I'll keep it in mind I think it's just my body adjusting but I have had ins and stuff in the past thanks

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are you sucking e-liquid (what we vapers typically call "juice") into your mouth, and, if so, are you swallowing it? The problem of juice entering your mouth can happen if the e-liquid is flowing faster than the rate at which it evaporates, so that the chamber gets flooded and gurgles as a result. Often times, sucking less hard can turn out to be the solution that works, but there are a lot of cheap pod systems out there that simply are garbage so there might not be a solution. Either way, if you are constantlly swallowing juice, then you need to stop. Anything more than just mild "spitback" (a thin spray getting mixed into the vapor only just a little bit) going into your mouth can be enough to upset your bowels and/or can tend to make you feel like you want to gag─especially if juice gets boiled repeatedly before it cools back down again so it turns to crud that gunks up over time instead of immediately turning to vapor.

That being said, pod systems are not for me. I can understand the appeal, but IME they don't satisfy me even if they work right, whereas other people swear by them. There is no "one shoe fits all" in vaping, and, a lot of vapers, even among the experienced, seem to underestimate this fact─a whole lot actually. For a lot of us, being able to tailor the vape experience to our own personal preference is more than just preference. Wrong choice of vaping hardware or wrong choice of juice can, and very often does, turn a person back to burning tobacco. Look into rebuildables (start with an RDA) if nothing works, or if something does work, then still consider looking into rebuildables. (Personally, I, not only picked up vaping by jumping head first into RDAs, but at the same time also I managed to switch from smoking 16-17 Marlboro reds per day for more than 20 years to vaping in this manner, which took only 2 minutes to do the switch... permanently.)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you use lower nicotine you will need to consume more juice. Conversely, using higher nicotine means you consume less juice. For example I use 18mg/ml nicotine, and only vape around 6 ml of juice per day. Know others that vape only 6mg/ml nicotine, and they vape 18+ ml of juice daily.

This all stated, do agree you may want to consider using less nicotine. Diarrhea can be an indicator of nicotine over dose. It isn't good doing that to yourself as diarrhea will dehydrate you further. Dehydrating too much can cause a host of other dangerous ailments.

From my understanding nicotine salts are "smoother" and "more satisfying". Despite that I would suggest trying "freebase" juices. It seems from my observations one is better able to control how much nicotine is used with freebase. I think you might do well at 12mg/ml, or maybe 18mg/ml.

I have tried 24mg/ml and did not care for it. Realized it quickly found me over dosing, too easily. 18mg/ml works out alright for me. Likely I could not get that from salt based juices. Understand I'm no doctor, just some guy on the Internet/Web. Listen to your body, let it guide you and if there's still doubt consult your health care professional/s.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Either way, if you are constantlly swallowing juice, then you need to stop.

Agree with this as well. If your pod system is not vaporizing juice proper, sucking juice down will get you sick. Good call to try something different.

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
Hi Friends, going to jump in here as Its a similar situation. I also recently switched to vaping again and the first day was great. 2nd day and 3rd day I get a mild headache. Not swallowing or touching the e liquid. Well I guess sometimes a few drops when refilling might touch my hands. Staying hydrated. Could it be withdrawals? I don't remember experiencing this last time i switched. Only using 3 mg nic so that can't be it.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Friends, going to jump in here as Its a similar situation. I also recently switched to vaping again and the first day was great. 2nd day and 3rd day I get a mild headache. Not swallowing or touching the e liquid. Well I guess sometimes a few drops when refilling might touch my hands. Staying hydrated. Could it be withdrawals? I don't remember experiencing this last time i switched. Only using 3 mg nic so that can't be it.

Yes, it might likely be detoxification along with withdraw. Your body is coming from over 40,000+ chemicals with cigarettes, to around a half dozen with vaping. It is likely your body may think it needs all that crap.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The hardest part of switching to vape 4me was coming off all the chems in cigs. Took a few weeks until i found vaping as satisfying as smoking.

Agree with this as well. If your pod system is not vaporizing juice proper, sucking juice down will get you sick. Good call to try something different.
I'm going to try my old vape I used to use indura T18e haven't used it in a while and still got sole coils will give it ago with 3mg liquids see how it goes Thais for all your replies will keep you updated

I'm going to try my old vape I used to use indura T18e haven't used it in a while and still got sole coils will give it ago with 3mg liquids see how it goes Thais for all your replies will keep you updated

I know the feeling I through a 30g in 2 to 3 days so vaping for me would be better and cheaper just finding what works for you and getting over the herdale

Update I starting using the T18E again with 3mg vampire vape juice 50/50 watermelon and it's alot better now guess I used to much nic the mi-pod was also sorting with it so just dont bother to use it endura T18E mushx better now thanks guys for your help

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3 mg is actually not enough for that device (I had one) 12 mg would be better (or at least 6mg)
20 mg in a small pod should be OK. Of course, everyone (and their needs) are different.
It is possible to ingest some juice "mist" that is not fully vaporized... that will bother your stomach and other things. Slightly higher watts will fix that.

Tobacco also contains MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) in the form of harmala alkaloids which is what makes the nicotine hit harder and also amplifies the effects of certain other drugs or medications.
If you look up MAOI withdrawal symptoms you seem to be in withdrawal from these alkaloids. A lot of the symptoms look terrifying however they are pretty much confined to cases where someone was prescribed an MAOI for depression and they suddenly stopped. The effect from tobacco based MAOIs is much weaker.
You're just going to have to tough it out. It's gonna be okay.

Edit:
Scrolls up to OP.
August
I hope OP quit smoking. Hopefully this will help somebody else.

I started vaping again as I'm a heavy smoker I use a mi-pod I also use nic salt which is 20mg and I thinks it's 50/50 when I'm using a vape I got staomach cramps coughs and feel dehydrated also constant diarrhoea everyday do I I solve this I've tried different vg/Pg and different makes but nothing seems to work any suggestions I do use it regulary as I am a heavy smoker any help please
i use a caliburn g with 1.0 ohm coils vaping 24 m. nic. salt, works great! lower ohm coils its way too strong..

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Always sip water while vaping. Also, it can be possible you are getting some juice (or even droplets of juice) orally (vaping should only be vapor... there is a difference) Ingesting it orally will totally cause that (in fact, VG is a laxative) I have this crappy little pod I carry around (hate it... my better one died) It tends to flood after being in my pocket too long and I end up sucking some juice (not vapor)... tastes horrible and messes up my stomach.

VU Sponsors