Become a Patron!

I want more/the best flavor

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With all these new devices coming out, its hard to pick. Can't always trust the reviews on YouTube.

What devices have the best flavor? Im thinking i may want to go rta this time. But im open to suggestions as long as they are knock your socks off flavor.

I already have the hadaly, kryten, crown 2 and 3, Valyrian, baby beast, pulse 24, tfv4 with all the rba's, vgod trick tank, sigelei meteor, vaporesso nrg, smok spirals plus, and a few others but they wont be recommended as best flavor contenders, not like all these are but just an idea of what i have. I also have the dead rabbit on order as well as the tigertek springer s. I know the springer s prob isnt going to be the best flavor, but i like that its a single coil rta with screwless posts.

I was thinking maybe the drop, fireluke mesh, cleito 120 or exo, some of vandy vapes new devices, idk there's just so much out there these days lol.

So what does everyone recommend for the best flavor devices? Can be tank, rta, rdta, whatever you feel is the best. Rta is more where im leaning but as mentioned im open to suggestions, as long as its less than say $50-60. $25-40 would be ideal but i dont mind paying more for amazing flavor.

Id say my hadaly, pulse 24, Valyrian, baby beast, brit beast, and spirals plus are my best flavor attys. A lot of ppl say the crown 3 but im really not a fan. Not with the .2 coil anyways, havent tried the .5. I think the 2 has better flavor than the 3. I imagine the dead rabbit is going to be really good. If you tried these and know of something thats better than them, by all means suggest away lol.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh but there is more to it than just flavor.
A Narda will likely give better flavor than a Wasp nano. But the wasp Nano Airflow suits me and gives good flavor.
so I piffed out my Narda and Hadaly clones and bought more Wasp Nano's.
Same with the big airflow attys, just piffed them out along with the big airflow tanks.

A lot of compromise is involved with finding the vape that suits you best.
There is no ONE BEST atty or tank.

And even on one atty/tank the airflow and coil build and wattage have a LOT to do with the vape satisfaction.

Have a dead rabbit and rate it above a Velocity mini but below a Wasp Nano.
And it's airlow is not the best suited for me.

to me a large atty with adjustable airflow does not vape as good as a smaller atty with close to the perfect airflow (for me) wide open.

but as I say no one size fits all in vaping.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No i know there is not a one best atty that everyone is going to think is the best. Thats why i asked for suggestions on what ppl think is the best and also if they tried some on the attys i like best, if there's ones they like better. I know flavor is all subjective, as well as airflow and coil build has a lot to do with it, but im just looking for suggestions on what peoples favorite flavor attys are.

I dont care much for very restrictive airflow, which is something i forgot to add in the Op. Like the spirals plus has great flavor, but its a little too restrictive. I dont mind some restriction, i jus prefer more air flow so i dont feel like i really have to pull on it to get a good hit. Some restriction is ok since usually some of the better flavor attys are restrictive, just not a fan of very restrictive. Like the hadaly has good enough air flow for me, but the spirals plus is a little too tight. The vaporesso guardian that comes on the target mini, great vapor, just too restrictive for me.

Last edited:

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just from my experience these are my top flavor attys ranked with the best in each category first.

RTA- Dotmod Petri 24 RTA, Wake RTA, Kylin RTA.
The Petri is a little out of the price range you posted but it's a great RTA with amazing flavor. The Wake RTA is incredibly similar to the Petri but it's half the price and has an overall better design, but it's just slightly behind the Petri for flavor. The Kylin has outstanding flavor and tons of airflow. It isn't really made for a restricted draw though. Sure you can close down the airflow halfway but then it doesn't perform as well imo. If price is really a concern I can't recommend the Wake RTA enough. They even sell drop in coils for it if you don't feel like rebuilding.

RDA- Kennedy 25 2 post, Pulse 24, Hadaly, Dead Rabbit, Tsunami 24.
My experience with RDAs is more limited than with RTAs so keep that in mind. I haven't tried some of the newer ones like the Drop, Bonza, Aura, and Rebel. I have to say though there is a reason the Kennedy has been out for a few years and people still use them religiously. They are not cheap but there is nothing that can touch a Kennedy imo. The Dead Rabbit and Pulse 24 are both great, but in order to get good flavor you may have to play around with different coils and how you mount them.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whats fyp?

No thats good that the kylin isn't restrictive. Im not a huge fan of restrictive air flow. I tend to have to pull real hard for a long time to get a decent pull.

I have heard that the kylin and the ammit are good cheap rta's. The petri i got mixed reviews on but a lot of ppl say its good. I forget if it was the petri or the peerless that ppl were saying the gold plating on the decks were peeling off though.

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i have a few items ina chart that im going to make an order on. Jus want some advice if anyone has used the devices and if any are crap and shouldn't bother with them or if i should switch them out for something else.

Dead rabbit
The new bravo rta
Freemax fireluke
Tigertec springer s rta

I was up in the air on the dead rabbit or the drop. I was thinking about the Cleito 120 or exo but choose the others after reading a few reviews of ppl saying their cleito 120s stopped working. Their mods just wouldnt read them anymore or the coils Ω kept changing on every mod they put it on after a few weeks, and it happened with multiple coils after they used the ones that came with it and tried the others they got to replace them. Couple negative reviews on the exo as well i just cant remember what they were off the top of my head. Is there anything i should take off my list and get something else? The springer s i dont imagine is going to be knock your socks off flavor, i just like the idea of it being a single coil rta with screwless posts. Instead of securing the coil with grub screws, the post are on springs so you just push them down with you thumb, put your coil leads in and release. They make an rda called the morph or something like that that a couple reviewers said has amazing flavor, so im hoping the springer s rta has pretty good flavor as well. If anyone has used it and thinks its crap, not that good, or not worth it and thinks i should get something else, same goes for the fireluke and bravo. I guess the bravo has just come out and supposed to be amazing. Heathen (designer of the dead rabbit) thinks its the rta to beat for 2018. Or are these all good devices and i should stick with these?

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No i know i dont really believe them when they say it's the best flavor ever, especially if it has their buddy/another reviewer's name on it. The bravo isnt designed by/has nothing to do with any reviewers. The only one that does that i have on my list, is the dead rabbit. I also have the pulse 24, but both of these are said to have amazing flavor by pretty much everyone that has tried them. I always do a lot of research on devices before i buy them. Hense why im posting here before finalizing my order. I wouldnt even consider the icon because mike vapes has his hands in it and i can not stand that dude.

The bravo is actually designed by a military verteran (i think marine) aaron heart i believe, and its manufactured by wotofo, which as im sure you know, wotofo puts out some really good products. Lots of ppl recommend wotofo products for flavor

You're also right with a lot of the older devices have really amazing flavor, often better than the latest devices. But the older devices are often discontinued and really hard to find, even second hand. Some they still produce, like the kennedy, but lots of devices get discontinued because they're putting out new stuff all the time so if you want to get older devices often times you have to get them second hand, if you can find them, or have to go with a clone. I've never been a clone/knock off kinda guy. I dont trust them, never know which ones are good to be good quality and compare to the authentic, and i dont like supporting ppl that are ripping off the original manufacturer. I feel the company that spent all the time and money r&d the product should get the money for the product. Not the company that did no work at all other than copy what someone else spent their hard earned money and time developing. Some ppl could careless and jump all over the $8-20 clone over the original and buy 3 or 4 of the exact same clones and not one authentic, thats not me. But thats not what this thread is about so lets not go any further into the whole clone vs authentic debate and keep it suggestions on great flavor attys. Im sure this thread will help other ppl looking for flavor attys in the future as well so lets not go any further off topic lol

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A matter of personal taste. I have a Dead Rabbit too.
Is good but nothing exceptional.
In a few months it will have fallen by the wayside.

Some of the best actual flavor attys are some of the old ones.
Narda and such from the olden days of vaping have yet to be beaten for flavor.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A matter of personal taste. I have a Dead Rabbit too.
Is good but nothing exceptional.
In a few months it will have fallen by the wayside.

Some of the best actual flavor attys are some of the old ones.
Narda and such from the olden days of vaping have yet to be beaten for flavor.
ALL my old attys have better flavor than anything on the market today.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no BEST device for making flavor.... There is no best build for flavor. there is no best recipe for juice. there is what each of us like best......
Might as ask what is the best beer in the world or car or food. Heck the glass or not, alone can extend the beer argument to infinity.

Me I get my best flavor from My DIY juices mixed at 10-15% flavoring on build that rarely exceed a Heat Flux of 200 at 25watts. Rarely run those builds at over 15watts.. If I want Knock your sock off amounts of flavor I build at higher watts (bigger coils). Don't do much socks knocking....uses too much juice and eats too many batteries.. I just go for good flavor and a enough cloud to See I got a good hit.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no BEST device for making flavor.... There is no best build for flavor. there is no best recipe for juice. there is what each of us like best......
Might as ask what is the best beer in the world or car or food. Heck the glass or not, alone can extend the beer argument to infinity.

Me I get my best flavor from My DIY juices mixed at 10-15% flavoring on build that rarely exceed a Heat Flux of 200 at 25watts. Rarely run those builds at over 15watts.. If I want Knock your sock off amounts of flavor I build at higher watts (bigger coils). Don't do much socks knocking....uses too much juice and eats too many batteries.. I just go for good flavor and a enough cloud to See I got a good hit.
I don't agree some attys are designed to deliver flavor some designed to deliver clouds, and some try and do both...and usually fail.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't done any research on older attys, whether you can still buy them.

It boils down to this...Less airflow in a small chamber is going to create better flavor than a 25mm+ atomizer.

Yep the bigger high wattage ones just try to compensate with throwing massive amounts of juice into your mouth.

not better flavor, perhaps more of it?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't agree some attys are designed to deliver flavor some designed to deliver clouds, and some try and do both...and usually fail.

How is that disagreeing with the fact that there is no 1 best device? It's just explains my comment.

My best flavor atty gets it's best flavor at 10 watts or so......... I don't use that atty for ADV because it doesn't give Me the VAPE I want anymore..... But it still does blow every other atty I have away for flavor. It's also a real bitch to get the build right in. Is a SAT22 genesis. My old original style Kayfuns are my next favorite for flavor..maybe better when factor in ease of use.... But I use my Avocado 22, Nectar and serpent Alto are in daily rotation...... Easier to use. Not quite as good for flavor but make much better cloud and overall vape.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all honesty say 3 years or so ago the whole focus of vaping departed from flavor chasing and headed down the direction of cloud chasing and it hasn't yet fully recovered...as @inspects pointed out flavor is usually centered around reduced chambers and smaller airflows..this is the exact oppisite of the trend in atty desgin for the last 3 or so years, and vapers who've never owned an atty with say a 1.5 mm airhole can't imagine vaping that way, They have been taught bigger is better... bigger coils bigger airflow, bigger tanks.somone who is a flavor chaser and vapes at 15 watts is asked by the newer vapers..."Do you even vape Bro?"...I think ...I hope.... this will change and more attys will come to market that are really designed to chase flavor.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is that disagreeing with the fact that there is no 1 best device? It's just explains my comment.

My best flavor atty gets it's best flavor at 10 watts or so......... I don't use that atty for ADV because it doesn't give Me the VAPE I want anymore..... But it still does blow every other atty I have away for flavor. It's also a real bitch to get the build right in. Is a SAT22 genesis. My old original style Kayfuns are my next favorite for flavor..maybe better when factor in ease of use.... But I use my Avocado 22, Nectar and serpent Alto are in daily rotation...... Easier to use. Not quite as good for flavor but make much better cloud and overall vape.
no I agree there is no ONE best flavor atty that will depend on people's tastes.there are attys like the SAT that are specificlly designed for flavor chasing,but yeah even among flavor chasers you could never get them all to agree on the best...the in'ax, the hellfire shorty, the Lon,the Sat.....ect. I do the same thing for out and about I'll use a Nextera because it's squonkable and I don't have to constantly fill the tank..the flavor is very good on the nextera,but for the best flavor I use a couple of other attys that usually stay home.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't done any research on older attys, whether you can still buy them.

It boils down to this...Less airflow in a small chamber is going to create better flavor than a 25mm+ atomizer.

IMO... Less air IN the flow equals more flavor...... Easier to minimize the amount of AIR in the flow if you minimize the amount of air that is in the atty or moved through it. Good flavor comes from balancing the amounts of air to the amount of vaporized juice in the flow.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMO... Less air IN the flow equals more flavor...... Easier to minimize the amount of AIR in the flow if you minimize the amount of air that is in the atty or moved through it. Good flavor comes from balancing the amounts of air to the amount of vaporized juice in the flow.
That's what I said, you said it differently.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah it truely is a mystery in general I'd say @inspects and you are right to a point..but then something you can't quite put your finger on effects the flavor..for instance the MCR genny has a reduced chamber and restricted airflow and so does the Spider from Luca Creations but niether of them deliver what I think is exceptional flavor ..hell I didn't really care for the nextgen that much and it has a small chamber....all my favorite flavor attys have reduced chambers as well bu they deliver exceptional flavor.. and then I have a stormrider from steamboy which I think kicks ass on some real high end attys and it doesn't have a super small chamber...then you have the nextera which has alot of airflow and I think it delivers better flavor than small atties with small airflow....there is defintely vodoo involved in modding a great atty. by far and awy my favorite flavor atty the BMG-22 has a reduced chamber like the MCR, like the Spider Like the Rocket and yet the shape of how the chamber was milled is very different than the others and that differnce really affected the flavor of the vape.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah it truely is a mystery in general I'd say @inspects and you are right to a point..but then something you can't quite put your finger on effects the flavor..for instance the MCR genny has a reduced chamber and restricted airflow and so does the Spider from Luca Creations but niether of them deliver what I think is exceptional flavor ..hell I didn't really care for the nextgen that much and it has a small chamber....all my favorite flavor attys have reduced chambers as well bu they deliver exceptional flavor.. and then I have a stormrider from steamboy which I think kicks ass on some real high end attys and it doesn't have a super small chamber....there is defintely vodoo involved in modding a great atty.
How air flows to the coils, reduced chamber, wicking, et al....but it boils down to small chambers with reduced airflow. You can usually get fantastic flavor from a small atty if you have the three common denominators in order.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How air flows to the coils, reduced chamber, wicking, et al....but it boils down to small chambers with reduced airflow. You can usually get fantastic flavor from a small atty if you have the three common denominators in order.
yep I'd agree all my gennys have reduced chambers I wouldn't buy one that didn't...and yet my stromrider does not have a super reduced chamber and it kicks ass on alot of reduced chambered attys. but then I hate the really small atties like the SAT22 or the micro mini from doc dave, the nextgen...I think it has to do with they get too hot 22mm atties that have a bored reduced chamber act as a heat sink and keep things from getting too hot.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep I'd agree all my gennys have reduced chambers I wouldn't buy one that didn't...and yet my stromrider does not have a super reduced chamber and it kicks ass on alot of reduced chambered attys.
Kinda like my Marque squonk atty....fantastic flavor with a large chamber....but the vertical wicks puts in the top ten.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kinda like my Marque squonk atty....fantastic flavor with a large chamber....but the vertical wicks puts in the top ten.
I put it down to vodoo....there are atties that shoulkd deliver great flavor, you look at the design and they should deliver great flavor ...and they are shit.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put it down to vodoo....there are atties that shoulkd deliver great flavor, you look at the design and they should deliver great flavor ...and they are shit.
Yep, and a Snapdragon isn't a NarDa or Nuppin.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
damn dude you got a Nuppin?...LOL..I know that is never gonna leave your collection...people sell their kids for a nuppin.
Have four I bought over at the other place.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have four I bought over at the other place.
man who would have thought the nuppin would have become what it did...I mean they were just peddeled out of the pages of the other place by an obscure dude,and it winds up being argueblly the most coveted squonking atty there is.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
man who would have thought the nuppin would have become what it did...I mean they were just peddeled out of the pages of the other place by an obscure dude,and it winds up being argueblly the most coveted squonking atty there is.
Indeed...I have thought about taking one to a machine shop, let them make a couple hundred, I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed...I have thought about taking one to a machine shop, let them make a couple hundred, I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes.
too right,.... actually I've thought the same thing...that there are about a dozen attys that have gone out of production and the chinese have even stopped making their clones, that someone should start making again..also there are several gennys I'd love to mod so that they had really small tanks but had squonk pins in them..I think the nextera and the Spider were onto something.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the New Flavor attys...

The new MTL attys....

RDTA's The new stardust...

How things change so fast...

I wonder what is up for next month?

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, you guys jus disgusted exactly why i started this thread. Sometimes attys the have the characteristics of a flavor chasing atty but fall short. Sometimes attys seem like they would have mediocre flavor at best but have kick ass flavor. You never know for sure until you try it. A lot of the older great attys are discontinued, even some of the clones are. This is exactly why i started this thread, to get ppls suggestions on great flavor chasing attys because you can't tell just by looking. Yes flavor is subjective, but it doesnt hurt to get multiple suggestions. If you see the same ones pop up multiple times, chances are its a great atty.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or young whippersnappers who think they know it all?

:)

both would be wrong.
Agreed both would be wrong. But you know as well as I do both will be coming next month because if they don't, then something will be seriously wrong. :)

Jadidaskv

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok guys, lets not get carried away here. No need for insults, offending ppl, talking trash or anything else. Lets keep this thread what its supposed to be and suggest your favorite flavor chasing attys. We're all in this for the samething, to stay off cigs and to find the ideal vape for our needs. Not to cause problems and act like tough guys. If you dont want to share suggestions, then go cause problems/talk $#!+ somewhere else

VU Sponsors