Become a Patron!

I want more/the best flavor

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you can buy it and add shipping and it's yours...... I'm sure Fastech has it....
I tried both sites. FT has it on the page but when you try to checkout its no longer available. Thinking the same issue is happening at GB. Tried a few times today and it wouldn't let me add it to the cart. Shows a shipping date on the page but you can't add to the cart. I'll try to get on my laptop over the weekend whenever I get a little time. Tried on both phones and my tablet to no avail. Page is loading superslow. Ib did find a link that was posted a few years back on here. Interesting to say the least. Thank you! !! :)
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/iron-maiden-rdta-bad-news.259377/ :huh:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried both sites. FT has it on the page but when you try to checkout its no longer available. Thinking the same issue is happening at GB. Tried a few times today and it wouldn't let me add it to the cart. Shows a shipping date on the page but you can't add to the cart. I'll try to get on my laptop over the weekend whenever I get a little time. Tried on both phones and my tablet to no avail. Page is loading superslow. Ib did find a link that was posted a few years back on here. Interesting to say the least. Thank you! !! :)
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/iron-maiden-rdta-bad-news.259377/ :huh:
Sorry.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I have some Alien wire here. It's SS though. I'll try and wrap up a few coils tomorrow or over the weekend like you said. I like anywhere between a 2.5mm and 3.0 but ugh, never enough with me. I do like the Alien or the SSFC. Tiger is ok but. ...

Tonight I put two builds up. Did a set of claptons SS 3mm 6 wrap @ .48 ohm on a RDA then just finished a plain dual 24g K1 7w 3.0mm running at 3.1...Not sure about that build but seems to be ok, need to check the connections again. Had juice mail and wanted to test the new flavors in with the RDA's vs tanks here. I think I found another flavor profile in the making. Smh. I'll never be able to pin point my start up flavors for diy if I keep this up. Lol :)

I'll let you know about the build whenever I do that in the next day or so. Thank you!
I never use SS wire. I like to dry burn my coils till they glow red(-ish) orange and then I rinse them, and repeat these steps multiple times each time before I rewick, and, if I do that with an advanced coil build of mine that took me a serious lot of my time and effort to build, with Ni80 wire my coils seem to last ~20 times longer when compared to SS wire. (Even, if I don't glow the SS coils orange, because SS coils can't handle much more than just a really very faint red glow... despite taking this properly into account the SS coils still wear out in a matter of only days, at least for me.) With premade types of wire, all you basically have to do is wrap it around your coil tool or screwdriver, mount the coils into your atomizer, dry fire and work out the hot spots, wick it up and juice it up... done. Whereas if you build your coils all the way from the ground up by using a drill and a swivel tool with a ball bearing normally used for skateboards (or three ball bearing fishing swivels hooked up one after the other), then all that extra time and effort it took to build your coils gets thrown away also each time when you throw the coils away. So there are pros and cons to everything I guess, but I never use prebuilt wire, as the flavor performance I get from that is typically only somewhere halfway in between reasonable and good, so not exactly close to premium flavor performance. Flavor wise, prebuilt wire IMO is just the easiest quickest temporary solution if you haven't got anything better available to you and you are still in the process of teaching yourself the particular part of advanced coil building that is the living soul of flavor chasing, and are aiming to find the right balance (depending on your own personal preferences) between flavor performance and convenience/practicality related factors.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I give it very minimal air or as low as I can go to get thick clouds..... That's why I like the Fatality..... More control of the airflow and control of the juice flow.

If a tank doesn't have a juice flow controller you are limited to your power and air .... You have to find the right air and power balance........

it's not rocket science, I open the air where I like the pull and it's quiet and I give the bitch wattage until I get the cloud and taste i'm looking for..... These are ni80 and a pair ohms out at .03 ...... You need 185 watts to get a decent cloud and taste......
View attachment 126428
I never said it's rocket science, but I never use any tanks other than the Reload RTA because I do not want to sacrifice flavor if I'm using a tank (only some juices taste better in the Reload RTA for me when compared to using a quality RDA... all other tanks have failed me so if you are a vape salesman you'll have a really miserable hard time convincing me to buy a different tank), and, I never build to .03 ohms because there simply is no sensible reason for me to do so, at least not in pure terms of flavor and feel of the vape. Well, maybe one day I might decide to build to .02 ohms... after I find the right mod for that...

Colorado.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never said it's rocket science, but I never use any tanks other than the Reload RTA because I do not want to sacrifice flavor if I'm using a tank (only some juices taste better in the Reload RTA for me when compared to using a quality RDA... all other tanks have failed me so if you are a vape salesman you'll have a really miserable hard time convincing me to buy a different tank), and, I never build to .03 ohms because there simply is no sensible reason for me to do so, at least not in pure terms of flavor and feel of the vape. Well, maybe one day I might decide to build to .02 ohms... after I find the right mod for that...

View attachment 126882
That's the 53 or 58 mm right.....

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never use SS wire. I like to dry burn my coils till they glow red(-ish) orange and then I rinse them, and repeat these steps multiple times each time before I rewick, and, if I do that with an advanced coil build of mine that took me a serious lot of my time and effort to build, with Ni80 wire my coils seem to last ~20 times longer when compared to SS wire. (Even, if I don't glow the SS coils orange, because SS coils can't handle much more than just a really very faint red glow... despite taking this properly into account the SS coils still wear out in a matter of only days, at least for me.) With premade types of wire, all you basically have to do is wrap it around your coil tool or screwdriver, mount the coils into your atomizer, dry fire and work out the hot spots, wick it up and juice it up... done. Whereas if you build your coils all the way from the ground up by using a drill and a swivel tool with a ball bearing normally used for skateboards (or three ball bearing fishing swivels hooked up one after the other), then all that extra time and effort it took to build your coils gets thrown away also each time when you throw the coils away. So there are pros and cons to everything I guess, but I never use prebuilt wire, as the flavor performance I get from that is typically only somewhere halfway in between reasonable and good, so not exactly close to premium flavor performance. Flavor wise, prebuilt wire IMO is just the easiest quickest temporary solution if you haven't got anything better available to you and you are still in the process of teaching yourself the particular part of advanced coil building that is the living soul of flavor chasing, and are aiming to find the right balance (depending on your own personal preferences) between flavor performance and convenience/practicality related factors.

I can totally agree with your choice. I just started back a few months ago. Buying exotic in the spool for me to wrap up is the best bet for me.
Although I'm retired, I don't have much time to set aside for the full process. I'm on the go at any given. Plus I tend to get terrible migraines at times. Just a little much for me.
My builds are for a good flavor and anything above that I'm appreciative of. My biggest thing is staying away from the analogs, getting a pure to me flavor and staying on the go. Think that defines each of us. I'd be upset if I took the time to build my own wire to wrap then fail after a few days like you said. So far between all the attys that I'm running my builds don't fail before I just change those out to change them. I move to something else, I guess that's whenever I get to sit down and tinker. In do carry a few in a small plastic container along with an extra mini kit with me while out and about, for the just in case. I usually travel on my bike for the most part, which is a rolling toolkit in itself-literally. My car I have another mini kit that I made this past week that I placed in the trunk, along with extra spools. I go out of town on any given.
SS was great a few years ago before I had to quit, that's why I'm back to using it. Still rely on old K1 as well. Guess my tastebuds are a little different than others.
I can relate from where you are coming from and appreciate your views, I just can't at this time. Too many outside pressures to add another time out for me. My basic twist is about as far as I'm going to call it my own. Eh, plus I have a huge supply of spooled exotic. Even found more this weekend in my old stash. I do have up to 32g if I ever got the urge. Maybe one day! :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not really sure yet, but I was thinking of getting a custom one... maybe with a Hammond 1590R1 enclosure (7.55″ × 4.38″ × 2.24″) and something along these lines:
https://www.overlander.co.uk/batter...20c-lipo-battery-overlander-supersportxl.html
This is as big as I go...
46443dc5caac65d9f542ef7cea31eefc.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flavor right here.... The Reload Rocks man..... It's superb and exquisite.....
35c30e174dd59ea4e2557ae297e28da4.jpg

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My profile RDA has knocked it out of the park on flavor. I can't say it's the best ever cuz i haven't tried them all, but if you're looking for an rda at $32 you can't go wrong.

VU Sponsors