Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what about if i put my own battery into it, a safe battery. is the vape mod and rda still safe?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You need a different charger and a pair of High Drain IMR18650's

Throw the batteries and charger in the trash as soon as you get it to not be tempted.

You can get a much better price somewhere else.

Let me know which mod and RDA you are looking for and I'll find you a better price.

You want a madhatter rda (clone), with a stingray x mod (clone), correct?

I would not give my hard earned money to that vendor because he is selling potentially dangerous setups:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/mose-da/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with 5150 on this situation 100%. Be safe. You need your lips.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i did already buy it, but i can return it once it arrives. and yes 5150sick, i like the looks of the stingray x and madhatter.
so my questions now are: will those word fine together? will the ones i ordered be fine(discarding the batter and charger)? or should i buy new ones competely? where should i buy them?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I'll link you to proper batteries and charger.
Give me a minute...
I want you to be safe and that is why I am making these suggestions.
I am a very experienced vapers with close to 4 years of experience.

@Zamazam @Huckleberried @Whiskey just about anybody can vouch for my experience.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks 5150sick. so those the rda and mod will word together thoough?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i did already buy it, but i can return it once it arrives. and yes 5150sick, i like the looks of the stingray x and madhatter.
so my questions now are: will those word fine together? will the ones i ordered be fine(discarding the batter and charger)? or should i buy new ones competely? where should i buy them?

Yes, if you use proper batteries and charger.
I can link you to a pair of safe battery's and charger.
A pair so you can be vaping off one while you are charging the other and vaping with 2 batteries stresses them less than only having one battery

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I will link you to very good priced safe batteries and charger as well.
I need a couple minutes to find some links...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love my Blue Carbon Fiber Stingray X and my Mad Hatter Mini...its a great setup for flavor intensity. Stingrays have a low voltage drop as long as they are maintained and the hatter is a easy/lazy dripper...just wish its chamber was bigger for larger builds.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, if you use proper batteries and charger.
I can link you to a pair of safe battery's and charger.
A pair so you can be vaping off one while you are charging the other and vaping with 2 batteries stresses them less than only having one battery
i couldnt tell if your "yes" meant that the rda and mod i already bought should be fine(with new batteries) or whether it mean "yes" i should buy new ones and not trust the ones i already bought

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i couldnt tell if your "yes" meant that the rda and mod i already bought should be fine(with new batteries) or whether it mean "yes" i should buy new ones and not trust the ones i already bought

You probably just need new batteries and a charger.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yes: The mod and atty you bought are fine and will work well with proper batteries and charger.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You seriously need an ohm meter. Maybe a non-mech even.
The MH's flip top cap makes it easy to short the coil (I have three of them).
I love 'em, but moving parts around the coil, on a mech is... iffy.

Vape safe.
-hi jim, still getting a footing in the vaping world, would you mind explaining why i need an ohm meter, or a non-mech mod?....and why the moving parts of the MH on a mech is iffy(why would it be different from a non mech mod.
-p.s i had a sigelei 150w with a velocity rda clone for a while that a friend helped me pick out, but i forgot it on my tailgate, and who knows where it is now(shaking head in shame)
-p.p.s. by friend taught me to build 2 parallel coils with 6 wraps 26 guage kenthal for that sigelei velocity set up. he said it would work well, i took his word for it, i know that this is a sub ohm, will this still work with the mech mod?

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pulse amps, not more than 9 or 10 seconds total draw in amps

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, so the sigelei i used to have always said the coils i built where .2 ohms. can i use sub ohms on that mechanical mod? or do they need to be above ohms. how would i build the above ohms coils because i have only ever built parallel 6 wrap coils.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
will another wrap or few get it from a .2 to a .3 or .4? or do i need to like, go smaller gauge or something?

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ok, so the sigelei i used to have always said the coils i built where .2 ohms. can i use sub ohms on that mechanical mod? or do they need to be above ohms. how would i build the above ohms coils because i have only ever built parallel 6 wrap coils.
This is where you need to learn ohms law, have a ohm meter and know exactly what your batteries are capable of doing. Use mech. mods is advanced vaping I really don't recommend you use the device until you understand and have the proper equipment to test your builds. One mistake with a shorted coil or the wrong battery is all it will take. A regulated mod like you had before can tell a dead short and stop anything from happening as well as tell you your ohm reading from your coil.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also as far as batteries go I wouldn't buy a battery from Ebay. I have in the past with the "Authentic" written in the heading and below stating they are an authorized seller for X brand just to find out once I got them they where not Authentic at all. There are places like IMR Batteries or Liion Wholesale that offer great prices on trusted batteries (LG, Samsung and Sony).

Even with these batteries you have to make sure you get one that has an amp rating that is safe with the ohm rating you intend to use with the mech. mod, this is where ohm's law calculator comes in. In order to know the ohm's of your coil you have to have an ohm reading device to measure the resistance and also let you know if there are any shorts which would make it unsafe to use.

As far as clones go you may get a good one or may not???? I have a brass Cartel clone by Cigreen and it is fantastic and hits like a train so I wanted a Stainless version of it also and decided to buy one from Ebay (no name clone) the thing wouldn't even fire when I first got it since they had made it so poorly and even after I fixed the part they screwed up the switch on the bottom is so cheaply made the thing hits like a girl, it's new job is to sit there with one of my RDA's on it as a holder.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy my batteries from liionwholesale.com these days - he's active on this forum, and the batteries are a great price!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
WORKING OHM METER: $7.00 - I have this one and it works just fine
I retested some on my meter man electricians tester and each time it read the same ohms.

www.ebay.com/itm/510-OHM-Meter-Resistance-Reader-Vaporizer-Atomizer-Coil-Rebuilding-RBA-Tester-/371503887800

I figured you were looking to buy from eBay so I listed all legit vendors who don't screw people and sell fake shit.

I am sure you can buy from XXXXbattery.com or XXXX vapes.com but you will not be using eBay which you originally started off using.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Good 2 Bay Charger: $15.00
Pair of Good Batteries $11.00 - $13.00
Decent Ohm Meter $7.00

No more than $35 to be on your way to vaping safely

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5150sick, you seem knowledgeable so i trust your selections of batteries from ebay that you listed earlier. ill probably buy one of those, i already have a nitecore charger. what kind of ohm range am i looking at for my coil builds, if i buy one of those batteries(ill probably buy the second one you listed).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
5150sick, you seem knowledgeable so i trust your selections of batteries from ebay that you listed earlier. ill probably buy one of those, i already have a nitecore charger. what kind of ohm range am i looking at for my coil builds, if i buy one of those batteries(ill probably buy the second one you listed).

You shouldn't go ever below 0.2ohms in a single battery mod.

If you use ohms law and enter the voltage as the highest a battery will put out being 4.2 volts just to be safe and you go with 0.2ohms
You will be pulling 21amps and be putting out 88.2 watts.

This is the absolute lowest you should go with any of the batteries I have listed

This site will help you with ohms law.

Always enter 4.2 as your battery voltage as this is how high a fresh battery is and you will never build wrong:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ohms_law.htm

Tool to show you wire: Amount of wraps, type of metal, gauge of wire, type of coils,circumference of the inside of the coil(s) an average ohm tool:

http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I personally use common sense with trusted vendors when buying batteries from eBay and I have never gotten a "fake" cell

Just like battery manufacturers (or rewrappers like efest) like to put the pulse rating instead of the continuous rating on batteries some battery dealers like to scare people into thinking every battery on the market except the ones they sell are "fake"

I remember a battery dealer causing panic throughout the vaping community calling a particular cell "fake" in order to sell their old stock first as the new and improved cell which even the manufacturer said was real has some small changes to the design along with a new stronger outer coating.

Don't get me wrong there are fake cells on the market.

Ones that come to mind that were super easy to fake were the "AW" brand cells because it was just a red cell with a small "AW" sticker on it.

Andrew Wan (AW) went through great lengths to make his cells stand out from the fakes and began using special hologram foil stickers kind of like how microsoft does with their products.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have a couple multi-meters. i never really use them, but i could read up on how to use them. would they work just as well as one of the ohm meters you were talking about?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i have a couple multi-meters. i never really use them, but i could read up on how to use them. would they work just as well as one of the ohm meters you were talking about?

it will if you use the proper setting (ohms) and then touch the Red (or positive) to the center pin on the bottom of the RDA and the black (or negative) to the outside of the 510 where the threads are on the RDA.

You should get just as accurate of a reading as an ohm meter.

kreller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, i think that answers all my questions.thanks everyone, especially 5150sick, you guys helped me learn a lot.

VU Sponsors