Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

7 Types of Cancer That Are Almost Impossible to Detect in Early Stages​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
COVID-19 has challenged us like never before. The past year has been full of uncertainties and we continue to face decisions around vaccines, a changing social landscape, and how to protect our families and maintain our quality of life.
The best we can do is stay informed on the constantly evolving research and take into account our family’s unique needs. Parents of young children have the added responsibility of making decisions for them, with limited data. No one can tell you what the right choice is when it comes to getting your child vaccinated, but Dhru and I would like to support you by offering a conversation about what we know and what we still need to find out. Dhru sits down with Dr. Elisa Song to hash out what can be a pretty overwhelming topic into digestible information to help you feel empowered.
Dr. Song is an integrative pediatrician, pediatric Functional Medicine expert, and mama. In her integrative pediatric practice, Whole Family Wellness, she’s helped 1,000s of kids get to the root causes of their health concerns and helped their parents understand how to help their children thrive in body, mind, and spirit by integrating conventional pediatrics with Functional Medicine, homeopathy, acupuncture, herbal medicine, and essential oils.
Dr. Song created Healthy Kids Happy Kids, an online holistic pediatric resource to help practitioners and parents bridge the gap between conventional and integrative pediatrics with an evidence-based, pediatrician-backed approach.
Dhru and Dr. Song dive into what the current research tells us about COVID-19 vaccines for kids. She clearly explains what the pediatric studies have and have not shown so that families can feel supported and educated. Dr. Song’s son was actually hospitalized with COVID back in March of 2020, before testing was even easily accessible. She shares their experience as a family in helping him regain his health.
Many parents are concerned about what the Delta variant means for back-to-school. Dr. Song and Dhru discuss what the actual COVID risks are for children and she explains how each of us have to come up with our own risk/benefit analysis. They also talk a lot about what the FDA Emergency Use Authorization for the vaccines means and why this may need to be reframed in the context of vaccines for kids due to a different level of risk than adults.
Dr. Song reviews some helpful information around prior COVID infection and vaccination, as well as why more is not always better when it comes to children’s antibody responses and how this relates to the recent pediatric vaccine trials.
No matter what your vaccine decision is, you can support optimal health and robust immunity in your kids following commonsense principles, like a nutrient-dense diet, stress management, and restorative sleep. Cutting sugar is one of the most dramatic ways to help our kids stay resilient, since sugar reduces our immune cells’ ability to mount a proper response by about 50%.
The big takeaway from this episode is choosing empowerment over fear. I hope you’ll tune in.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
What are Oxalates?​
Hi Jimi,
Oxalic acid is an organic compound found in many plants, like leafy greens, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and cocoa. When this acid binds with minerals, it forms oxalate. Oxalate is found in many nutrient-rich foods that are widely considered to be healthy. When we eat oxalate, it can bind to minerals like calcium to form compounds.

For the average healthy person, these compounds are eliminated in urine and stool. However, some people may benefit from a low-oxalate diet, especially those affected by kidney stones or with a higher risk of breast cancer.

Mineral Absorption
We eat vegetables for the nutrients and minerals they provide, but oxalate may be hindering us from absorbing those minerals. When oxalate binds with minerals in the gut, it can stop the body from absorbing the minerals.

Who Is Most Affected by Oxalate?
If you have any of the below issues, a low-oxalate diet may benefit you:

• Kidney stones
  • Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
  • Leaky gut syndrome
  • Autoimmune diseases
  • Small intestinal bacteria overgrown (SIBO)
  • Diseases related to chronic inflammation

A recent study found that chronic exposure of breast epithelial cells to oxalate may promote the transformation of normal breast cells into tumor cells. The study also found that oxalate has a carcinogenic effect in mice, which generated malignant and undifferentiated tumors with characteristics of fibrosarcomas in the breast.

It's important to prepare your vegetables properly so you can avoid high amounts of oxalates in your body. Soaking, fermenting, and cooking high oxalate vegetables has been shown to decrease the number of oxalates.​
Your Partner in Health,
Dr. Leigh Erin Connealy

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
Jim,

I’ve never been one to follow the masses. I like to read the research and make decisions for my family based on what I feel is best for us.

When this virus crisis began, I didn’t pay attention to the politicians. I didn’t pay attention to the journalists. I didn’t pay attention to my friends.

I paid attention to the scientists. The doctors. The virologists. And my gut.

And when it comes to other threats to my health, I do the same.

Maybe you’ve heard some of the "scaremongering" going on about 5G recently. I know I’ve heard plenty. And I’m not listening to the politicians. I’m not listening to the journalists.

And I’m DEFINITELY not listening to the telecom executives who stand to make billions from 5G!

I’m listening to the scientists.

And on the upcoming webinar, you’ll hear from scientist after scientist after scientist on the very real threat to your immune system posed by 5G.

For example…

Dr. Martin Pall, PhD at the California Institute of Technology has studied this topic for years and has this warning for us…

"We know that the EMFs impact the cells of our bodies…they produce all kinds of effects and those include neurological neuropsychiatric effects, they include reproductive effects, they include toxicity to stress which are involved in essentially all chronic diseases. So, I’m deeply concerned about this."

And that’s just one of the many scientific sources you’ll see referenced in this engaging and worrying documentary.

But, you’ll also hear good news in the webinar because…as lethal as 5G seems to be…and as inevitable as it seems to be…

…there IS an effective way to protect yourself and your family from this monster.

And you’ll find out all about that in the webinar too.

COVID won’t be the last virus to come around. We need to do whatever we can to keep our immune systems strong for whatever threat creeps up next.

Watch the webinar to find out how you can protect your immune system from the 5G catastrophe.

Click here to register for the webinar

Have a great day,​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

UK Parliament votes to force healthcare workers to take COVID jab​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Weeks after rescinding COVID-19 emergency order, Maryland gov. issues another one​

ifesitenews.com/news/weeks-after-rescinding-covid-19-emergency-order-maryland-gov-issues-another-one

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When Ryder was first diagnosed Jim, Teddy and I were scared to eat just about ANYTHING.

Our baby had somehow been born with cancer, it was caused by something…

could it have been something we were exposed to? Something we were eating?

Did that crazy 200 mile bicycle ride we did before finding out she was pregnant have something to do with it?

(think that might have actually been a little before he was conceived, but still, these were the thoughts going through our heads…)

We were already eating I’d say around 85-90% organic, that got bumped up to 100% overnight.

And then we watched all the cancer documentaries that were around at the time, and most of them were verily heavily focused on a 100% plant based diet, so that’s what we did.

Then some time passed, there seemed to be more credible folks saying “yes, eat a lot of plants, but you do need some meat for XYZ reasons,” some doctors I respect a whole lot today still say that in fact…

So we worked it back in to some extent.

(That said for the record, I know never say never, but I really don’t think I’ll ever understand how anyone can think the pure “carnivore” diet is a good idea…

and I’ve been saying the past several years that the “paleo” crowd seems to have forgotten the “gathering” part of hunting and gathering)

But to be honest, for quite a while now I’ve swung pretty far back the other way.

***ON THE LONGER SIDE EMAIL ALERT. :) If you want an awesome guide on how you can avoid deficiencies on a plant based diet, Veg Health’s Avoiding Unhealthy Deficiencies: Vegan Nutrition Guide is a winner***

Every comprehensive population study I can seem to find says more plants and less meat equals less cancer (although I don’t know that there’s ever been one that can prove definitively that ZERO meat is optimal).

It would take three lifetimes to go through all the anti-cancer mechanisms of actions of plants studies on PubMed…

still haven’t seen one on the anti-cancer power of a rib-eye.

And while the “yea but you still need XYZ” arguments can be convincing, so are the counter arguments.

I always roll my eyes when someone “watched a documentary” and is now thinks they know everything they need to know about whatever that thing is…

But that The Game Changers one that came out a while back was really good, I’d recommend watching it if you haven’t.

And what was really interesting was the Joe Rogan interview where the producer of the film debated Chris Kresser (well known doc / big advocate of the need for meat / makes jabs at vegans a lot) on deficiencies…

and even Joe himself, also big meat advocate, stated that the producer quite clearly won on every nutrient they covered.

I also used to roll my eyes at the morality aspect, but then I heard someone put it like:

If some sort of advanced species showed up here, so advanced that the comparison between them and us was about the difference between us and animals…

Would you want them to eat you and your family? How would you feel about it if they had the option not to, but just decided they liked it better?”

I also wonder about why in the garden of Eden, it was “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”…

And then AFTER the fall (ie. In my opinion, man deciding he’s going to decide what’s right and wrong)…

Only then does eating animals get brought into the equation.

So I don’t know… these are the kinds of things I think about. This email is getting long enough. :)

Sure you’re wondering though so just to not drive you crazy, right now I still eat eggs somewhat regularly, some cheese here and there, haven’t eaten anything that used to have a pulse in a little while...

Not saying I never will again or that I won’t change views one way or the other in the future, that’s where I’m at right now though.

ALL THAT SAID, as mentioned above, what got me thinking about this was Veg Health’s Avoiding Unhealthy Deficiencies Vegan Nutrition Guide they’re putting out in conjunction with their upcoming nutrition mastery program.

If you’re interested in some of those counterarguments to “yea but you still need XYZ” I mentioned, this has a whole lot of them, what foods to eat to get XYZ, etc.

And that said if you just want to add more plants into your life, and avoid deficiencies (most people who eat meat are still woefully deficient in various things) and are looking for a good place to start…

This is a good place to start. :)

Ryan

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jimi
Skin health is a complex topic, and neither the conventional nor the holistic schools of thought have all the answers.

One side believes there’s no cure, and the other believes that all disease begins in the gut.

To make matters worse, there’s often an assumption that if you have a skin condition, you must be doing something wrong health-wise.

Here’s the actual truth...

Once a chronic skin condition develops, all the gut-health protocols, the special diets, etc. won’t be effective until you address the external component of the skin itself — both the inflammation AND the likely infection.

Otherwise, your skin struggles to heal, and in many cases, this prevents the gut and other internal systems from healing, too.

The path to true recovery is most certainly a two-way street.

The key is to address the condition from both the inside out and the outside in at the same time.

Learn how when you join me at The Eczema, Psoriasis & Skin Disease Masterclass

You’ll discover how to cleanse, comfort and heal your skin with effective DIY solutions, advanced strategies and the best products to help bring discomfort under control on your journey to clear skin.

Your hosts, Ryan & Teddy Sternagel and Dr. Eric & Sabrina Zielinski, have spent the last few months gathering the right experts, information and protocols to help you understand the primary root causes of chronic skin diseases.

They’ll share an effective, comprehensive approach along with non-toxic remedies you can make at home to help ease flare-ups and relieve your symptoms.

Every day, they support others in regaining their health through natural treatments, home detox and healthy lifestyle changes.

People with eczema, psoriasis and other chronic skin conditions have found relief through these innovative strategies and protocols for improving skin health that work.

Want to get on the road to living symptom-free?

Go here to register for the masterclass now

Your health advocate,​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Dear friend,

This is urgent.

As you've probably heard, Joe Biden's massive public coercion campaign to force people into getting the Covid-19 vaccination may soon be coming to your doorstep -- literally.

And we need YOU to contact both your Federal AND State Legislators, and urge them to take swift action against any potential Biden Administration efforts to implement a door-to-door vaccination program funded by our tax dollars.

Just last week, Joe Biden announced that his administration intends to ramp up its efforts to coerce more Americans into getting one of the new Covid jabs in the coming weeks and months.

And it looks like nothing is off the table in terms of how they plan to achieve that...

“Now we need to go community by community, neighborhood by neighborhood, and oftentimes door by door – literally knocking on doors to get help to the remaining people,” Biden confirmed in a speech last Tuesday.

This sentiment was echoed by Biden's Press Secretary, Jen Psaki, in a briefing the same day, when she confirmed the administration's plan to pursue "targeted community by community, door to door outreach to get the remaining Americans vaccinated."

There's no time to waste...

You can reach your Federal and State Legislators in one easy step using this simple contact form (see right) that we're making available here on LifeSite's Action Center.

With one click, your message is sent directly to your elected officials without having to look up any of their contact details.

CONTACT YOUR FEDERAL & STATE LAWMAKERS TODAY!

These disturbing announcements come in the wake of Biden's failure to convince his Administration's desired number of Americans to get Covid vaccine, which, of course, millions of people have naturally decided against getting.

But let's call this exactly what it is: A blatant attempt by the federal government to discriminate further against unvaccinated Americans, and push an experimental, emergency-use vaccine on individuals who may be reluctant, or flat-out unwilling, to take it.

As we've stressed before, every American should be free to make this decision without excessive intervention, and if they ultimately decide against getting the Covid jab -- be it for medical, faith-based, or simply personal reasons -- that is their prerogative, not the government's.

But Joe Biden's plans to expand his already overtly coercive vaccination efforts into a full-blown public intimidation campaign -- one that may soon send government officials directly to the doorstep of unvaccinated people's homes -- is a dark reminder of how far radical bureaucrats are willing to go to push this agenda.

CONTACT YOUR FEDERAL & STATE LAWMAKERS TODAY

The truth is, we don't know what the full extent of this program would (or could) be.

For instance, could such a program involve the use of a federal vaccination registry? Unfortunately, such questions now must be asked.

That's why NOW is the time for elected officials to take a stand and let Joe Biden know that he's taken things too far.

Lawmakers across our country must take action immediately, whether it be to ban such a program through federal or state legislation, or simply through vocal advocacy for individuals' right to privacy and freedom from government medical coercion. It's time for our elected officials to stand up for the rights of ALL Americans against this unprecedented overreach.

Thank you!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Health Ranger: Top 10 reasons to take the covid vaccine… WHAH?!​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

ALERT: Doctor says mRNA vaccines “will kill most people” through heart failure, 62% of vaccinated people already show microscopic blood clots​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Moderna representative ADMITS vaccine is experimental and everyone taking it is part of a clinical trial with unknown consequences​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Fully vaccinated Americans are SPREADING covid’s delta variant, health expert warns​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Summer is here and so is the Virtual Neurology Summit (July 21st-26th). It is my honor to be a featured guest speaker. You are invited to join the virtual summit and tune in to top Neuro Masterclass sessions.

The Virtual Neurology Summit is a 100% clinical event.

When you register for the Virtual Neurology Summit you will have Unlimited On Demand Access to 26 Neuro Masterclass Sessions. Each session has PRACTICAL, brain based solutions that you can implement with your patients to get better results.

>>Register now for the Virtual Neurology Summit

The Neurology of Movement

The theme of the 3rd Annual Virtual Neurology Summit is the Neurology of Movement. You will discover the parts of the brain that control voluntary movement and postural stabilization, and how to assess and correct neuro deficits that impact movement.

Patients with neurological disorders move differently. By tuning in to the Virtual Neurology Summit you will learn HOW and WHY altered movement patterns can be brain related (not just a biomechanical issue).

You will specifically learn what to do for your patients who present with altered proprioception, motor deficits, and movement disorders.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's Thought:

"Don't limit yourself to the skies when there is a whole galaxy out there."​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Now Big Pharma is pushing for a MONTHLY covid shot, obliterating the false narrative that once claimed a vaccine would earn back your “freedom”​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CNN analyst and authoritarian demands COVID-19 vaccine be mandated while calling for life to be much ‘harder’ for unvaccinated Americans​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

New Zealand promises to HUNT PEOPLE DOWN for not submitting to covid-19 vaccinations​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

EXPENDABLE children: The WHO is experimenting with controversial malaria vaccine on children in Africa​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Fauci email shows that Daszak was manipulating bat coronaviruses to make them attack human cells​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today, we bring you a comprehensive show on intermittent fasting.
This continues to be a huge trend and topic in the health space so, as always, we bring you all the facts to help you make an educated decision.
Tune in to this episode to learn all about:
  • Most common fasting practices (we dive deep into the different methods: 16:8, 20:4, 24:0)
  • How fasting releases toxins & reduces inflammation
  • How fasting can support insulin sensitivity
  • The affect intermittent fasting (IF) has on your adrenals and thyroid
  • And lastly, the 3 potential drawbacks of IF
This is an episode you do not want to miss!
Remember to tune into YOU when making your health and diet decisions.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
The rise of technology has, without a doubt, revolutionized the life of man. But, comfort, speed, and convenience come with a price.
Jeffrey Smith, the director for the Institute of Responsible Technology talks about his advocacy - raising awareness about the dangers of consuming foods with genetically modified organisms. He offers healthier options to help you make the switch with ease, not only in your food choices but also in your lifestyle.
He also tackles the top conditions that are (positively) impacted just by taking that switch and how you, too, can make basic steps to be more responsible in utilizing technology for the improvement of your overall health.
In This Episode:
  • Learn how “clean fields” are developed through responsible technology and the factors that can threaten its cleanliness and safety, including its crops.
  • Discover the truth about insecticides, how they can get into our system, and why it's more advantageous to spray the fields after the crops have emerged.
  • Find out how GMOs colonize and impact the microbiome and why roundup, as a patented antibiotic, is an antibiotic like no other.
  • Top 28 health conditions that dramatically improved after switching to a non-GMO diet, and the common conditions we frequently suffer from that made it to the top 5.
  • Why glyphosate is considered “evil” even when it is being used throughout a large food supply and the test you can take to check how much of it is present in your system.
Access Podcast #138 Here!
“If people are interested in getting healthy or staying healthy, eating
organic is a foundational step.”
-Jeffrey Smith

You’re the best!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
“If people are interested in getting healthy or staying healthy, eating
organic is a foundational step.”

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Two “fully vaccinated” cricket players collapse mid-game during international match​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Eric Clapton warns fans about covid vaccine dangers​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

How to HEAL yourself and the world by embracing God’s most precious gifts​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Screening With MRI Can Cut Prostate Cancer Overdiagnosis in Half​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Taming Your Glucose Levels

By Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, MDs

Greg Aiello's "Nature Gone Wild" brings raging bears, disastrous lightning strikes, and ferocious crocodiles to your TV screen, demonstrating just how magnificent and hard it is to tame Mother Nature.

That's great fun to watch. But when it is your nature that's untamed, it can turn seriously risky.

A study by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health looked at how Americans who have diabetes are doing with their glucose control. It turns out that they're going from bad to worse.

Special: Heart Surgeon: Throw Out Your Olive Oil Now (Here’s Why)

From 2007 to 2010, around 57% of U.S. adults with diabetes kept their blood sugar levels in a healthy range, with an A1C of 7% or less. Now that number is about 50%.

That means half of U.S. adults with diabetes are at severely increased risk for heart disease, obesity, diabetic kidney, nerve, or vision complications — all health problems associated with chronically elevated glucose levels.

The study in the New England Journal of Medicine also showed that blood pressure and lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) control have declined. These days, only 22.2% of adults with diabetes have their lipids and blood pressure in a healthy range, a decline from 25% in 2010.

This triple-whammy threatens the quality of daily life ... and longevity.

The good news is that you can knock out these health risks with your own triple-whammy:

1. Reduce your intake of highly processed foods, red meats, and high-glycemic index foods.

2. Achieve a healthy weight.

3. Get at least 300 minutes of aerobic activity a week.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
Countless scientific studies are showing that a plant-based diet can help you prevent many ailments such as cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.
But if you make some very common mistakes, you could be exposed to a new set of problems including nutrient deficiencies and cognitive challenges.
If you want to follow a plant-based diet and to be sure you’re getting everything you need, let me tell you about a terrific resource that could be useful to you.
Our friends at VegHealth have created a thorough nutrition guide that’s packed with research-backed advice to help you thrive on a plant-based diet. You’ll find out what the research says about how to get enough calcium, iron, protein, omega 3’s, and vitamins A, B12, and D.
And right now, for a limited time, they’re giving it away for FREE.
>> Click here to get Avoiding Unhealthy Deficiencies now.
Yours for optimal health,
Ocean Robbins
P.S. When you get Avoiding Unhealthy Deficiencies, VegHealth will also give you free registration to an upcoming expert webinar series they’re hosting, with pro tips on how to maximize the benefits of a plant-based diet (and steer clear of deficiencies). Get it all here (for no charge).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thallium in Organic Crucifers​

I few emails back I mentioned that cruciferous vegetables tend to hyperaccumulate the heavy metal thallium.
A disturbing aspect of this phenomenon is thallium may accumulate more in organically-grown vegetables than in conventional vegetables, according to molecular biologist, Ernie Hubbard.
Before I dive into that, I'd like to remind you that 10 days from today Stacey Murphy will be launching the Superfood Garden Summit because by the end of this email, I'm pretty sure you'll be extra-motivated on multiple accounts to grow your own crucifers.
Back to Ernie Hubbard and his thallium discoveries ...
Hubbard's involvement with testing a detoxification supplement led him to discover that people eating lots of cruciferous vegetables almost invariably had high thallium levels.
And when he compared the thallium content of organic vs inorganic kale, he found that the thallium content was slightly higher in the organic kale.
The sample size was too small to derive solid conclusions, but the trend was concerning.
As he researched possible sources of the thallium, he hypothesized that it could be the coal ash sold as fertilizer and applied on corn and soy crops fed to livestock, the manure of which can be applied on organic fields. (Oops)
Manure is used more by organic growers than conventional growers, who instead typically use synthetic nitrogen fertilizers that organic growers can't use.
As an aside, "biosolids" from sewage sludge can be applied to conventional fields, and then the manure from conventional livestock fed grass, hay, corn, soy, etc fertilized with biosolids/sewage sludge can be used on organic fields. (Oops again)
What a disastrous loophole in the US National Organic Program (NOP) standards, yes?
Theoretically, this loophole could be closed if it is demonstrated that the use of manures from conventional livestock is indeed driving thallium contamination because the NOP standards require that fertilizers must be applied in ways that do not contaminate crops, soil, or water with heavy metals.
Hubbard is still not sure where the thallium is coming from, or whether and why it might be higher in organics or not.
But one thing is almost certain ... you wouldn't put conventional cow manure or sewage sludge biosolids on your own garden soil, right?
Unless ... you didn't know that manufacturers of fertilizers, including home garden fertilizers, often use sewage biosolids in their products and don't have to list these ingredients on the label! (Doh!)
Sooooo .... two things:
  1. If at all possible, grow your own vegetables, especially crucifers, so that you control what goes into your soil, food, and body.
  2. Be very careful about what you use to fertilize your garden patch or farm.
And a third thing ... sign up here for the Superfood Garden Summit to learn how to supercharge your soil and superfoods without sewage sludge or conventional cow caca.
By the way, this summit includes live sessions in which you can ask questions directly of the presenters!
But don't tell them I used the word "caca" to promote their event :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

BRAVE NEW WORLD​

We went out for dinner Friday night for the first time since the lockdown lifted here in Ontario, and it felt a little strange to be honest! We were outside of course, but it still felt weird to be surrounded by so many people not wearing masks (while at their tables at least), to hear so many overlapping conversations, laughter and catching up, reminiscing and commiserating. It felt so nice and almost normal, but not quite.

We are fundamentally changed by the big events in our lives, there is no denying that. Some of the changes are welcome, while some of them, not so much. Friday night felt a little bit like how it did when I was finished with treatments and trying to get back to the life I had before. But just as something felt not quite normal on Friday, things were not quite normal after cancer. Okay, maybe a lot not normal.

When I first started out on my path to healing, I firmly told myself that these changes were temporary, that this was a bump in the road and that I would be back to my old life before too long. But I realized at some point in the first year after my diagnosis that there was no going back to exactly the way life was before, because I was no longer the same person who had been living that life. I have been changed by my experience, and that change is something that is going to stick with me.

It can be really tough, because everyone sees us outwardly returning to our old self. Our hair grows back, our eyelashes return, our incisions heal and scars become a little less pronounced. But on the inside? We will never be the way that we were before, even though those around us may be expecting it. It can cause all kinds of emotions for us, like guilt or sadness or frustration at the fact that we are struggling to "return to normal".

Whether cancer or COVID or something else, it is entirely okay for you to take whatever time you need to adjust to this new life. My message for you today is to meet yourself where you are, to show yourself patience and kindness while you get your bearings, and to not let the guilt or sadness or frustration, or the expectations of others, push you faster than you are prepared to go.

The denouement is just as significant as the build to the climax and the climax itself. It's so important that we take the time we need to process what we have gone through, find the solid ground coming up to meet us, and firmly find our footing in this new terrain before we embark on our exploration of it. Savour this process, because it is here that you will start to discover all of the ways that you have been strengthened and prepared to set out into your brave new world.
Happy Healing ❤️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Mental Health Monday​

If you’ve been here for a while, you have probably heard me encouraging you to “meet yourself where you are” on any given day or in any given moment. But, what exactly do I mean by that? I’m answering that question in this week's MHM vlog! It really means developing an awareness of how you are doing mentally and emotionally each day and honouring where you are at by acknowledging it and working to gently move to a place of more positivity instead of pushing it down and powering through.

Today’s vlog is about answering what I mean by meeting yourself where you are and discussing the most important thing to avoid doing when you notice that you aren’t in a great place mentally and emotionally. Next week, I will get into some tips and practices that can help you to honour where you are at and gently move through it without pushing or trying to force a more positive state.

Check it out on the Solis YouTube channel here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

“I Remember When…” Series: The Wound​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

New Research and Treatment Advancements​

The FDA has approved a new drug that is particularly hopeful for those with triple negative breast cancer who are looking for further options. The Trop-2 receptor is a protein that is often present in multiple types of solid tumors, including TNBC, and a high expression of this protein is associated with lower survival and higher recurrence rates. The new drug, Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy), is an antibody and enzyme inhibitor that targets this Trop-2 receptor, similar to how Herceptin targets the HER2 receptor.

In trials, Trodelvy reduced the risk of disease progression and death by 57%, extending progression-free survival from 1.7 months to 4.8 months, and it also extended overall survival by 49% from 6.9 months to 11.8 months. While this isn't a cure, it does look as though this drug is a promising option that will buy patients more time, and in the the integrative world, buying time to try alternative treatments, lifestyle changes, detoxing, etc. is a big deal. And with the historically low treatment options for TNBC, it's exciting that research is making some progress on this form of cancer.

Trodelvy is currently approved just in the US, but it is under review in the United Kingdom, Canada, Switzerland, and Australia. This drug is also being trialed for other types of breast cancer and solid-tumour cancers, so it's one to keep an eye on and talk to your oncologist about if you are in the metastatic TNBC camp and looking for further conventional treatment options.

If you would like to read the press release, you can do so here
And if you would like to read the trial report itself, you can find that here

VU Sponsors