Become a Patron!

Kangertech topbox leaking after sitting a couple hours

So I bought my topbox starter this weekend and it was ok. Until the following morning when i noticed that it was leaking. A vaper friend told me to clean it and make sure everythings tight. I did so and it worked a bit. I was out for a couple of hours and the leak was there again. I only put juice at about half on the tank. Help?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't want to overtighten, snug is good, tight is bad. Check your o-rings though, with good condition o-rings you only need it to be snug and that ring will fill in the space perfectly. If your o-ring is damaged though even overtightening may still leave gaps (and overtightening can even push the o-rings out of their intended slots and be worse than undertightening). So make sure those are all in good condition then tighten until it's snug, if that doesn't fix the issue... not sure, typically leaking is either a bum o-ring or your cotton has gone bad and needs to be replaced (in this situation a new coilhead). It's not a topbox but the old Kanger subtank, but the one my brother has just leaks, no visible issues, it just leaks after a while without being used. Personally turned me off of Kanger products.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do you keep your tank? Just asking as I've run into leaking in virtually all tanks if I leave them out in the heat.

VU Sponsors