Become a Patron!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'd be awesome if those who managed websites did it the way I used to.
Or at least put forth an effort to care.
It really doesn't take that much more work to update and manage a database.

I'm referring to searching for new hardware.

If you were in the mood to look for a new mod, you could use a REAL sort function.
Maybe sort by dual or single 18650, TC or not TC, and a long list of capabilities.

Most only manage sort by manufacture, price, and maybe mechanical or such.

If you wanted to search for tanks, how about adding one AWESOME search option....TANK SIZE.
That way if you didn't want to see any tanks that were less than 4ml or 5ml, you wouldn't have to waste your time with those.
Maybe also increase the database to include what coils are compatible with other tanks.
This part would indeed require a bit more time.

These are just a few things that could easily be added to any of the sites we use.

All I see any more are auto filled in generic websites that NO ONE took any pride in design or layout.
most of the content is just copy/paste from manufacture.

I do understand that with the growing list of hardware out, it'd require some dedicated time.
But that can be done by a single FTE if that person is knowledgeable and dedicated.
Seems all that is left are the laziest money hungry greedy people that don't even truly understand what RETAIL is about.

I'd like to say now that I've finished complaining about it I feel better, however I don't.
Thanks for listening (reading) and I'd love to hear others' opinions/ideas.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried google but never tried vapecrawler.
For an example, if I wanted to look for a
"dual 18650 mod with temp control and magnetic door"
or a
"5ml top fill tank with ceramic coil"
I haven't had much luck.
These are easy functions to put into a web page.
Most sites already have reasonable search functions, however they lack a more defined search.
Just sorting or searching by manufacture or color helps zero.
Granted, I can usually find what I am after, I just felt the need to complain a bit about it.
Thanks for the advise.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel your pain. Looking at you, Fasttech <_<

I take a lot of issue with many of the current web-design trends. I see a lot of them tossing function out the window for the sake of form. Ugly, over-stylized, and intricate or prohibitively simple layouts that are a pain in the ass to use. But that's neither here nor there. Web design travesties have always been commonplace. Too many people out there either don't know what they're doing or don't care. Many web designers out there are simply digital artists with little to no gasp of what makes an intuitive and effective interface. So many things are prevalent in common templates that should never have existed in the first place.

Seems all that is left are the laziest money hungry greedy people that don't even truly understand what RETAIL is about.
It's true, but it actually hurts their bottom line too... ...one of the most important determining factors in sales is how easy products are to locate. If you have exactly what people need, but they can't easily locate it, then they won't buy it. Something as seemingly simple as changing the layout of your storefront can have a huge impact on sales. It's one of those things that is crucial to get right. Some people might say "Yeah, my layout sucks, but I'm making good money! Why spend the money to have it done better?" and the answer to that is simple. You make that much more money! It's not a huge investment for the quick and continuous returns.

I would look at newegg as a good example of what the OP's talking about in action. If they can manage such a comprehensive and intuitive category system for the mind-bendingly diverse range of computer parts that they carry, then what's stopping major vape sellers from implementing something similar? Vape gear isn't nearly as complex or diverse. It should be easy. Once it's fully implemented, updating it as new inventory hits the storefront wouldn't be all that time-consuming.

But it's not just a problem with storefronts. Manufacturers are also pretty bad at getting all of the relevant specs out. I don't think I've ever seen a spec list that wasn't patchy, vague, incomplete, or just outright misleadingly confusing.

I guess what it all comes down to is a need for standardization - across the board. With all of this wild-west style innovation going on, people seem to have forgotten the importance of having certain common attributes outlined and highlighted in a consistent manner. That lack, or rather general inaccessibility of information hurts the seller and consumer alike. Why would they buy your product that's exactly what they're looking for if they can't find it/don't know it? Vapers are picky. We have very specific things we look for. And if we don't see it, we'll just keep looking. There's too much out there to just be taking a chance on everything that *might* be exactly what you're looking for. That can be hard on the wallet.

Maybe it's just my OCD talking, but that shit really bugs me. It can be a real pain to shop for products when you have a few specific, but simple things in mind. What should be really easy can quickly turn into a quest if you have the wrong attributes in mind...

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm browsing Amazon and don't know if you've seen the pre-wrapped coils that E-Quip has. 10 coils of all gauges and double wraps. Kanthal, ohm, etc. Has anyone tried these? Scroll down once you're there. www amazon.com/E-Quip-Pre-Built-Clapton-Japanese-Cotton/dp/B00W2N9SI8

@Paratech - I know what you mean. I'm OCD and other things too. But aside from that, since I'm a numbers gal, I like detail. The more options the better. Now, you have to put in at least 2-3 of your criterion for something remotely close to pop up, if that.

Last edited:

iivape

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yes, most of the sites use generic search option. BTW VapeCrawler is an amazing site for vapers.

VU Sponsors