Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(hoping you aren't in Idaho)

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really hate that the forum won't let me upload any pictures without cropping the crap outta them

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really hate that the forum won't let me upload any pictures without cropping the crap outta them

What are you trying to upload? Anything good?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm in GA, so Idaho might be better lol

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing good. Just random. Although it has pissed me off several times.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I noticed that, must be a busy day for everyone. How're you tonight, Rowdy?
Fantastic, thank you!! And, yours??

I have spent the day building a new (larger) storage cabinet for my flavorings. I am combining several ideas I have seen on these forums. I bought a 6 drawer (drawer size = 12"x12"x3") plastic storage cabinet. I want to stand the little 8 ml bottles straight up. I'm trying to use Styrofoam sheets.. First I had to make a pattern for the holes. Then, devise a clean way to cut the holes in the sheets - once I found a way to cut the larger sheets into 12"x12" pieces. A knife tears and is ugly. So, I have been building a hot wire Styrofoam sheet cutter from "coil" wire and a power supply. The hole cutter took a coupla of hours to figure out. Now to power up the sheet cutter and cut sheets. Then, punch about 80 - 100 holes (one at a time) in these sheets - 4 of them. Tomorrow, move the individual bottles into their new home... add drawer labels...

Ok, that just may be more than you wanted to hear. But, it is cheaper than sitting in a bar drinking beer all day. I have $21 in the cabinet and $5 in the styrofoam. Everything else is recycled from my various junk bins.

This will make it easier for me to find and return stuff quickly as I start mixing the "Killa Vanilla" clone I am seeking. I have over 250 flavorings. (Overkill, you might say...).

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A half mile? Was it by supersonic jet?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic, thank you!! And, yours??

I have spent the day building a new (larger) storage cabinet for my flavorings. I am combining several ideas I have seen on these forums. I bought a 6 drawer (drawer size = 12"x12"x3") plastic storage cabinet. I want to stand the little 8 ml bottles straight up. I'm trying to use Styrofoam sheets.. First I had to make a pattern for the holes. Then, devise a clean way to cut the holes in the sheets - once I found a way to cut the larger sheets into 12"x12" pieces. A knife tears and is ugly. So, I have been building a hot wire Styrofoam sheet cutter from "coil" wire and a power supply. The hole cutter took a coupla of hours to figure out. Now to power up the sheet cutter and cut sheets. Then, punch about 80 - 100 holes (one at a time) in these sheets - 4 of them. Tomorrow, move the individual bottles into their new home... add drawer labels...

Ok, that just may be more than you wanted to hear. But, it is cheaper than sitting in a bar drinking beer all day. I have $21 in the cabinet and $5 in the styrofoam. Everything else is recycled from my various junk bins.

This will make it easier for me to find and return stuff quickly as I start mixing the "Killa Vanilla" clone I am seeking. I have over 250 flavorings. (Overkill, you might say...).

Nice, Rowdy. You sound very handy and talented, and resourceful if you did all that for $26. I've seen people use the styrofoam sheets too. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing for organization. I can't build anything though, so mine will have to be purchased.

You have more flavorings than I do, you would fall under the category of serious hobbyist.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice, Rowdy. You sound very handy and talented, and resourceful if you did all that for $26. I've seen people use the styrofoam sheets too. I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing for organization. I can't build anything though, so mine will have to be purchased.

You have more flavorings than I do, you would fall under the category of serious hobbyist.

More like obsessive...

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@rowdyplace and here I don't even feel like re wicking

@flowerpots theres a highway going from the river (Chattahoochee I think) into Chattanooga. Passes just through the tip of ga.

I know, right?! He's building and I'm not even motivated to clean my coils today.

Ahh ok, so a quick in n' out. Did you enjoy your stay?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stayed in the cabins on the river for a fewvdays. Loved Chattanooga. Almost bought a house there but glad I didn't because the area was wrecked a year or 2 later during a hurricane or tornado or something.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way, never get in/on the Chattahoochee River. They have sewage running into it.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Stayed in the cabins on the river for a fewvdays. Loved Chattanooga. Almost bought a house there but glad I didn't because the area was wrecked a year or 2 later during a hurricane or tornado or something.

You like mountains? I suppose a real Scotsman would.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Didn't touch the water. But was a nice place to stay. My favorite part was probably Ruby falls, so I guess that would be the inside of a mountain.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lol. Didn't touch the water. But was a nice place to stay. My favorite part was probably Ruby falls, so I guess that would be the inside of a mountain.

I think only we Georgians do the sewage in the Chattahoochee thing.

You just won a special place in my heart with the mention of Ruby Falls. That was my most favorite place to visit as a child. We went there many summers. I can still remember the shaft elevator taking us down, and the gem-studded walls.

Where else did you visit in that area?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm. Drove to the holler outside new Pittsburgh where the ex's family lives (thank god there was no bald banjo kid on the porch)
spent a lot of time looking at houses. Making me think now...

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you go to Sliding Rock? Lookout Mountain?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lookout mountain and rock city...

Awesome! We have in our yard one of those See Rock City birdhouses. I love that area as well. Did you go to the dairy there, the Borden dairy?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spent a bunch of time eating and visiting family

no dairy. Did that in Indiana (drove from Chicago to chatt.)

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, this thread is looking like it's starting to give some posters some trouble. Question: do we start a thread dedicated to mixing with tunes called, "The mix while mixing", or try to stick it out here?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you fish for rainbow trout in the river?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, this thread is looking like it's starting to give some posters some trouble. Question: do we start a thread dedicated to mixing with tunes called, "The mix while mixing", or try to stick it out here?

Oh, were people not liking our tune-spinning?

I think we could do that, yeah. I don't really care one way or the other.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should probably do version III. I was thinking about that yesterday. We did sorta hijack this with our silliness

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And no, I'm not trying to hijack the thread, just observing some are starting to have trouble with it.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should probably do version III. I was thinking about that yesterday. We did sorta hijack this with our silliness

I'm okay with V3. Sure, go for it.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All in good fun though, and better mixing! This thread would still be viable for the OP intention. We just wouldn't put so much data on it for easier loading.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trout fishing is kinda boring anyway, unless you fly fish, you didn't miss anything.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope Pots, this was your baby! I'm not stealing, but you could name it: Late night in FINLand, take III, The Mix While Mixing!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WAIT WHAT???? That's what this place is for. It can be random.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope Pots, this was your baby! I'm not stealing, but you could name it: Late night in FINLand, take III, The Mix While Mixing!
Man, I posted that 2seconds too late!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thread is for anything. I find that I often have questions that don't belong anywhere else, and this is the place. Music along the way is good too.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think there was concern over the tune hijacking posts, RP. So, Chowder made a V3 for us.

VU Sponsors